Chicklette returning to Alternachick

• It has been yeeeeeears since I've been here!!!! I honestly couldn't even remember my old screen name, so I'm starting anew.

I really missed the support, the conversation, the occasional distraction from work (hehehe). I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Headed back to WW tonight with my best friend. I'm hoping she'll give up on the HCG diet idea (which scared the **** outta me, personally). We both know WW works, but it's difficult since I used to be a leader. I am promising to myself I will just let all that go and try to enjoy the journey - and for once learn MAINTENANCE.

Happy Tuesday all!
    Tes
  • Hi, I'm new here. : ) Funny you mentioned the HGC thing, my girlfriend is about to start that and it peaked my interest. I know nothing about it though? From the way you mentioned it, its not sounding like a good thing.

Good luck with weight watchers. I've never tried it, but I've heard a lot of success stories from it. I'm sure you'll do great. : )
  • Hi Artsy!

Yeah, it's 'not a good thing' to the point that 3FC generally won't even allow posts regarding it. It's a hormone that is NOT approved by the FDA for weight loss and the "diet" that goes with it is flat out dangerous. There is a "Dr." in a nearby town that touts it as the greatest thing - but to me, if it were truly a "cure" for obesity, wouldn't the FDA approve it and save us billions in health care? I've read enough to see it as another form of snake oil promising a quick fix. There is no substitute for eating healthfully and moving more.

Sorry for all the quotation marks! Just hard to say some of the above with any kind of seriousness.

WW is great and God knows, I taught it long enough I should be able to jump right back in. It's learning maintenance that keeps getting me (and my overly confident "I got this" attitude).

Tes
  • Welcome back Clever Tessa and welcome to you artsy.

I have done WW and I found it really good for teaching you lifestyle changes not just how to diet. You eat normal food so you don't have to buy pre-packaged food or special vitamins or bars if you don't want to. They also help teach shopping and cooking techniques and encourage exercise. I really liked the plan and had success with it.