Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 09:02 PM   #16  
Hot Stuff

ellis, "snarl"....LMAO

How about clothes that aren't wider than they are tall? Geez, hand me a pole, I'm pitching a tent! Clothes can be cut for fuller figures and still resemble clothes, for cryin' out loud!

Oh, and why do the pretty bras stop at cup size C, with the odd D thrown in just to tease? Why do I have to pay double just because I'm a 36DD? Grrrrr.
Old 09-11-2002, 10:33 PM   #17  
a brave new me...

Exclamation Oh this is a pet peeve...

the sexy bras stopping at a size C!! I mean... the one thing larger women usually have are large breasts... we have ONE body part going for us. It just kills me that Victoria's Secret, with their huge breasted models:hypno: :hypno:, only made a few bras above C. I think recently they have changed that... but give me a break!

Or how about clothing sizing in general. Men can buy pants according to waist and inseam length or neck and arm length. Women are stuck with this random, arbitrary sizing. In the "junior" section the 13/14 size skirt looks like it would fit one of my thighs... in the "misses" section the 14 might fit but is too long (like dragging on the floor long)... in the "womens section a 14W will be loose and long, in the "petite" section the 14P will be too tight but the right length. And then shops like Lane Bryant have their own sizing which is completely random and depends on the article of clothing. What is a flabby fashionista to do?

I MUST lose weight just so I can shop in sizes lower than 14... I've been trapped in never-never land for way too long. I am determined!

:

Last edited by Sojourner; 09-11-2002 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-15-2002, 11:17 PM   #18  
a brave new me...

Talking Ok here is another one...

It really sucks to be fat because it is almost impossible to cross my legs comfortably. In order to do so, I must wedge my crossed leg under some sort of support to keep it in place. Without this vital support system, the fat from my... ughhh... voluptuous thighs forces my leg to slide off of the other. No Sharon Stone sexy leg crossing moves for me!

Last edited by Sojourner; 09-15-2002 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-15-2002, 11:31 PM   #19  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HEY!!! I COULD DO THE SEXY LEGS MOVE EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT MY LEGS WOULD GET CAUGHT UP ON MY BULBOUS STOMACH ON THE WAY BY!!!
Old 09-18-2002, 01:23 AM   #20  
Catwoman

I curse the rolls of fat on my tummy, the fact I cant cross my legs, not wearing skirts because my thighs rub together, seeing a double chin in the mirror and knowing how ugly this makes me.. I even curse my huge breasts, it's all so uncormfortable to be fat! As a formily slim person I'm determined to do and do it quickly! I want to be able to wear singlets in summer and not be worrying about how big my arms are, to be able to wear a bathing suit I only dream about now, my old one doesnt fit and I wont buy a bigger size that i;d be too shy to wear...for these and all the reasons mentioned already I am losing weight. One day at a time we can do it!
Old 09-18-2002, 04:53 PM   #21  
Queen of China

oooohhhhh! I just got back from Marrshall-Fields where the "big girl' clothes were seperated from the others on a different floor all together. The Jr.s/petites/etc...all had these wonderful pin striped suites (what I was looking for) and other business suits, on the second floor, where I belong, were my size...all the polyester, stretchy pants, floral prints and sequins you could use. Not one business suit, not one suit at all, unless you count those oversized tshirts and matching pants 'suits'. Aparently if you are plus sized, not only do you not work, you must have some wierd aversion to natural fabric! And whats with the goofy gardening motifs and other assorted "cute" embellishments to the clothes! If I see one more attached necklace I am gonna loose it! And is there some kind of law that insists on designers
giving us jackets with 3/4 length sleeves...
thanks, I feel better now...
Old 09-23-2002, 06:53 PM   #22  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

Ok You guys are cracking me up!!!!

I can relate to everyone of these posts! The best being I hate Green Beans, when I am not dieting the evil MIL makes Green beans with every meal, when I am dieting it is yummy desserts!

I have one more to add! Why do they say buy pants without pleats to look thinner & then nothing over a 14 is made without elastic & pleats?
Old 09-23-2002, 08:28 PM   #23  
a brave new me...

Talking Pleats...

Don't forget ruffles, horizontal stripes, giant pants pockets which accent the thighs and hips, large shiny gold buttons, shoulder pads for that linebacker look, and sleeveless shirts to emphasize the dreaded arm chub.

What are these designers thinking?

I do a lot of shopping at Lane Bryant. At least there they have a lot of up to date fashions... but still not nearly enough.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:03 AM   #24  
Searching

Red face Other things that suck when ur fat

Shopping for bra's! The pretty one in the largest size they have is a 38DD, when a 42DD is comfy.

Bathing suits are ugly, if you even to the pool in one because you just know people are thinking about how much water you are displacing

Why if you are overweight do they think you want to wear a big flower pattern or worse go to a place like Torrid and though I like most thier stuff, they often offer to dress me like when I was 10! Lets see Strawberry Shortcake or Winnie the Pooh!!!! If your fat and wearing this stuff cause u think it make u look cute ur wrong IT"S RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

The other thing is my husband trying to be "sweet" to me. HE KNOWS I AM DIETING. He KNOWs I lost 5 lbs. so HE WILL BUY ME A BOX OF CHOCOLATES!!!!!!!

My all time favorite was, about 4 years ago I lost 100 lbs, and my mom says,"Well it's about time you lost it, we were realy concerned about your health and it made you really ugly" Aren't moms suppose to love u all the time FYI: My mom is fat, the only time she lost weight she was on FEN FEN and now she is colour blind from it!!!!!!!

Ms. Chris
Old 09-30-2002, 07:10 PM   #25  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

I've got on,
how about those lawn chairs, you know the kind I mean. When you stand up , so does the chair!@#*!
My mom now owns my grandmothers very old rocking chair which I loved sitting in as a child, but they were not made for big bottomed women then either. Cant wait until I can once again curl up in grandmas chair and read my moms poems.
Virginia
Old 10-01-2002, 04:48 AM   #26  
Searching

Talking Okay Gross Things and Being Fat

I hate that I have to sit down to shave my legs, and my bikini area I can't see it, IT AINT bothering me

Underneath the belly roll that sweats and smells bad. I WANT THAT GONE!

I hate my chubby cheeks! It makes me look like a bloated 2 year old.

I hate that my dress size could go to college (IT"S 22!)

Ms. Chris
Old 10-21-2002, 01:37 PM   #27  

How about lying down and not being able to be completely covered with water in the bath tub! I love to soak my aches away in a hot tub but when I lie on my back, my belly is never completly emursed!!! And what about bras!!! What the heck is that about? Just because you need a 40 dosen't automatically mean you are a DD!!
Old 10-21-2002, 02:12 PM   #28  
living 1 day at a time

What I hate is being self-conscious around Don. I hate not feeling comfortable during sex or hugging or anything where we get close, because I worry that my fat will turn him off. I hate that I won't let him pick me up. I hate that his is much thinner than me. I hate that I am the role modal for my children. I really hate that thin person thing where they complain about their fat and they wear a size 3. Get real. I mean, really really really get real! I want to scream. I hate the clothes thing. I don't even bother, to be honest. I hate that I don't bother. But, I am going to be thin, and I am going to buy me a trashy, sexy, outfit, and thigh high leather boots, and I will look good!!
morningglory
Old 10-21-2002, 02:27 PM   #29  
Searching

Talking Sexy Fat

Buy THE BOOTS NOW MG! I have some! I have a corset! I wear them out in public (YOU EVER NOTICE THAT IF YOU HAVE BIG BOOBS MOST GUYS DON'T CARE THAT YOUR PCKING AN EXTRA *) lbs.)

More things that suck about being fat:

1. Those dumb booth tables that are too close together at restraunts! I shouldn't have to suck it in to sit down!

2. Sports Bras. YEAH I AM A DD SO GIVE ME A SHELF TO STICK THEM ON. CLUE-Lycra comes with roll of duct tape!

3. Cottage cheese thighs

4. Stretch marks

5. Muscle that no one can see!

Argh!
Ms. Chris
Old 10-21-2002, 10:20 PM   #30  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I hate going into a store where all the sales girls (and I mean girls 'cause they look about 12 years old) are 5 foot nothing and weigh 98 lbs soaking wet are trying to snow you into buying by saying you look great in some hideous outfit that you know makes you look terrible. I always feel like some Amazonian freak standing next to them and they look at you as if to say" what are you doing here lady-nothing in here will fit you "

Morning Glory- buy the boots now! Boots are sexy, expecially black patent leather lace ups

Rochemist: I have a couple of corsets too. I have one leftover from the 80's that has metal stars all over the boob parts- I used to call it my Wonder Woman top I have lost enough that it actually fits again!
Closed Thread