3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   LesBiAlternachicks and Friends (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/19681-lesbialternachicks-friends.html)

Ruthxxx 09-14-2002 11:56 AM

Well, I'm just getting ready with surgical glove and plastic bag to do the Dog Yard Poop Patrol. Wanna trade? I'd really rather do laundry but **** happens! :shrug:

katrinabgood 09-14-2002 12:00 PM

That's how I do it! I can't be bothered with the little rake and scoop method! My kids think it's disgusting...but, as you say...**** happens!

ellis 09-14-2002 12:23 PM

If you clean my house, I'll pick up your doggy doo.
Kat... I've got enough laundry of my own to do. Does that rhyme? Does that constitute a poem?
No, eh?

I've been cracking the whip. I've got the entire family cleaning.
What thread is this? What the ****... you've have to hear it anyhow. I went to the Y yesterday. My stomach muscles are KILLIN' ME!! And my arms... could barely sleep last night with the pain. Isn't that just great?!

later darlings...
xo

soozie 09-14-2002 01:08 PM

Kat, I've been wondering the same thing myself??? Could it be a September thing? I'm on program big time. DP is on board with me, she also has weight to lose. Having a friend over today and tomorrow we're going to a longaberger basket open house. One of our friends is a longaberger dealer and junkie. She has these open houses and makes incredible food and then lets everyone walk in and out of every room in her house checking out her decor and how she has incorporated her collection of over 500 baskets into her house.

I can't even imagine having all those people walking in and out of every nook and cranny in my house!! Oy Vay!!!

Talk to you all soon and come back girlies...
Love Soozie

ellis 09-14-2002 05:03 PM

what the **** is a longaberger?
I wish someone in MY neighborhood was having a longaberger basket open house... whatever the **** it is...

squeaker 09-14-2002 10:08 PM

They are really nice, but expensive baskets. We keep joking about them at work since one of the girls bought one for like $100 USD. They are very nice though.

Spent most of today trying to clean, making a cheesecake for my mom's birthday (it was last month but the whole family is getting together tomorrow), working on a cross stitch piece for my sister, and the wake for my friend's dad. It is the 3rd wake this year I have been to.

Now I have a huge headache. But I just got of the phone with my boy. He made it to California in one piece. His car wasn't quite as lucky. A few bumps & dents. He was behind an oversized truck that lost a pipe of the back of it and hit his car. :p He saw one of our friend's that lives out there. She now thinks because he is there I am coming to visit. Both he and I have told her no.

Long week at work. Alot of banging my head against the wall. (Does that count as exercise?)

I just want a weekend to do nothing, but that isn't happening. I can feel a take of off work mental health day coming on.

Hope you all are having much better times!!!

:mouse:squeak

Ruthxxx 09-14-2002 10:10 PM

Ellis, they are these gorgeous baskets that most of my American pals just die for! I've seen them and they are gorgeous but we really don't have room for them! My house is so tiny that there is hardly room for ME in it, let alone these biggish baskets!

We need to collect something smaller - like toe jam or belly button lint! Or Portuguese Water Dog mats?

Let me know if you want to start a group.

soozie 09-14-2002 11:37 PM

What are portuguese water dog mats??? Because if you're going to start collecting them I want to get in on the action...even if I don't know what they are.

Yeah ,Ellis, they are these really pretty ridiculously expensive baskets that are handmade in AMERICA.....don't even get me started....uh,oh,here I go...
America, America, God shed her grace on thee...oops, slight edit there....

:m: :sheep: :no:
:m: :sheep: :no:

(I had this really cute red, white, and blue pattern going on here...and they wouldn't let me post it...too many thingamabobs, so I had to keep cutting and cutting and cutting...down to six weeny thingamabobs...hopefully you still get the patriotic fervor which was intended.)

Hey Squeak...why not go visit the boy and your friend in California? The expense or can't get away from work? If you could do it, it probably would be really fun and would make the time apart more tolerable.

Had a really nice visit with my friend today. She and I went to grad school together. She works as an oncology social worker at Fox Chase in Phila. She is an amazing woman. Of course my DD had to act like a weirdo spoiled brat all night!!! Kids, they always know how to impress our friends and make us feel so comfortable...the neighbors that we see every day she's an angel in front of but my friend whom I haven't seen in over a year....well you know the drill...and for those of you that don't have kids...you don't want to know!!!

Going to go get some rest.

Love, Soozie

squeaker 09-15-2002 09:37 AM

Collecting dog mats sounds....uh....interesting.... I think. :)

I am not going to visit the boy for a bunch of reasons, mostly money and time though. I am not going to visit our friend in California because I dont feel like flying all that way and spending all the money to be ignored by her and watch her with her boyfriend. Last time I saw her she was still in Rochester. It was graduation. I woke up at 5:30am to get ready leave my house by 6:30 on a Saturday morning and get there on time. She didn't say more then 5 words to me. Her boyfriend said more to me then she did. Now it's farther away and a different boy, but probably the same resaults. I am only useful when she isn't dating someone, or the boyfriend is being an ***. Then I hear from her all the time. :mad:
But anyway, sorry for the mini rant.

And for another silly reason I am not going is out of principle. As soonas I said the boy was going out there everyone said "So when are you going?" When I say I am not, everyone's reaction has been "sure, whatever". I had already planned on not going because of the time & money and told him that. He is ok with me not going out there. Not thrilled, but he understands. It is a silly reason not to go, but I just want to prove that he can be there and I am not going to go chase after him. :p I know he is coming back and I know I am going to be one of the first people he sees when he gets back to NY state. I have gone this long without seeing him before. It is really hard, but we have done it :)

Ok that is enough rambling for one morning.

:mouse:squeak

soozie 09-15-2002 10:55 AM

Squeak,

women like that don't really know how to be a friend so I totally understand! And with reference to the boy, I hear you, but, I just had a long talk with Ellis about my past and I don't want to lecture, just as you don't want to rant, so I'll make this short and sweet...

as to the boy, make sure you take the risk of following your heart where it leads you...I made some mistakes in my life by trying to show that I was "cool" and could manage just fine in a casual relationship when I was really in love and afraid to say it...afraid of getting hurt or looking lame...

I'm not saying that is what's going on with you...and thank goodness I had a second chance and landed my beautiful DP...but, I'm just saying sometimes it's worth taking a risk and following your heart...so, f*#% principles and just do what feels right...if staying home till he returns feels right go for it...but, make sure he knows that you're thinking of him if you are...okay, I'll shut my big trap....

hey girls
love to all
Soozie

ellis 09-15-2002 11:28 AM

Ruth, I have a big collection of hair knots...

Squeak darling, I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Like Soozie says, do what's right for you... forget what everyone else has to say. Except for us... listen to US! :D
I've had friends like that, too. My psychologist told me to get rid of them, so I am, and you should, too! They're bad for your mental health.
And speaking of mental health, TAKE A DAY OFF! I'm sure you deserve it, and you're going to be REALLY ill if you don't. You need to do some nurturing of your soul. Which means that if you take a day off, you don't clean the house or do grocery shopping. You do something nice for YOURSELF! hugs and kisses

I believe that Portuguese Water Dog mats are something that you leave in the house for the doggies when you're going to be gone an extraordinary length of time and don't want them pissing on the kashan in the living room.

dentrassi 09-15-2002 12:31 PM

HI!! I am fighting off a cold, and I'm cranky, so if I start getting pissy just smack me around a bit.

Okay, something small and inexpensive to collect.....hmmm....how about all those shedded pubic hairs that sometimes show up on Coke cans, or on the bathroom floor?

Ellis-That is one of the reasons I chopped all my hair off!!! All those icky knots....actually, I'm overdue for another cut. Trying to hold off until DH gets first paycheck.

Soozie-You are absolutely right. Sometimes you have to just jump in despite your fear!!!

Squeak-I agree with Soozie. I NEVER thought I'd get married young, or ever for that matter!!! And here I am married for 21 years, and still in love. I said "no" at first too! I was scared and thought we were too young.........He asked "why?" and some little voice inside me was saying, "SAY YES YOU IDIOT!!!" For once I listened, and it was the right choice. Same thing happened when I quit the job I had to start making jewelry. And when DH left the full time position he had been miserable in for almost 20 years in order to teach parttime/fulltime. SCARY.....but some of the best choices we have ever made!!! Actually, having kids was like that too!! We couldn't "afford" it, but we realized it would never happen if we waited for that!!! Sometimes you just have to take a big breath and jump.........but plan it out as sensibly as you can too........

HEY!! MY MESSAGE WAS WIPED AND I HAD IT SAVED!!!! THAT'S A FIRST!!!!

katrinabgood 09-15-2002 01:48 PM

You go, Den! Good advice from you and everyone...so all I can add is "ditto" Good luck with whatever decision you make, squeak!

Can I brag for just a sec? I just wanted to say that I dragged (drug?) my fat *** to the gym this morning. Haven't been there in a while. It felt great, can't wait to go back tomorrow.

Why the **** is it so hard to get there, when it feels so good when you do? Right, sooz?

Hey soozie...I don't think I say "Happy Yom Kippur!" Isn't this the day of atonement? But I wanted to acknowledge the holiday...my kids are thrilled with it...no school tomorrow.

Have a good day all...make it a mental health day if you can. Do something nice for yourself...even if that means just sitting and staring at the wall...if that's what you enjoy!

:wave:

katrinabgood 09-15-2002 01:50 PM

...or scooping dog poop or wringing out the Potuguese Water Dog Mats.

ellis 09-15-2002 02:38 PM

First of all, I would like to congratulate Dentrassi on; for once, having the friggin' prudence to save her message.
party time!!
:cb: :cp: :hat: :dance: :dancer:

Den, you are disgusting... P-HAIRS!!!! :lol:
How about plastic grocery bags? My mother-in-law (pack rat of all times) once saved and folded for me over 900 of them. Bless her sweet little heart. :rolleyes: I only took them to make a little bit of space in her house.
Actually, I really like the knots. I have a messy batch of hair, and my biggest stimulation is catching a piece of it and twiddling it round and round and round my finger until I get a knot. And then I play with it... OKAY OKAY I KNOW IT'S WEIRD!! It's better than SOME habits, though!
Listen I'LL give you a haircut! I once gave my DH one... cut off the top of his ear.

A cold, huh? You need to take some cider vinegar, hon. 1 tsp in a glass of water three times a day.
Take the month off work, bundle up in bed with pile of good books, a box of kleenex, and a breakfast in bed tray. One that is magically refilled every 2 hours.

YIPPEE KAT!! You went to the gym!!! Party for Kat!! (I think I'm out of smilies here, Kat)
Perhaps those Water dog mats are like coasters? Or tampons!! That's it!! Portuguese Water dog tampons! To go with the Portuguese Water dog panties!!

Den... get better soon, sweetie.
Kat and Soozie girl... get to the gym.
I'm going again tomorrow!

Squeak... you rant ANYTIME you like, honey...
xoxo