Nurturing the Nuts

You're on Page 6 of 10
Go to
  • WHAT A RELIEF!!!!
  • Mauvais,
    Great to hear that you got good news!!!! So, what did you think of the smooshing? Not as bad as they make it out to be? Let us know.
    Kiss those tah-tahs and give a prayer of thanks!!!!!
    Love, Soozie
  • Mauvais, I'm so glad to hear the good news.
    Phew!! I know (and I'm sure most of us do) just what it is to go through that kind of scare.
    I knew there was something wrong... you just haven't been your "old" self lately.
    It's gotta be the Pill. Can't possibly be caffeine. Who can live without coffee? NOT US!!

Now you can "love life" again. Have a wonderful weekend with your DH.
    hugs and kisses
  • Yay, Mauvais! So glad to hear it's not the big "C". Do something to celebrate this weekend!
  • Hi everyone

I am feeling much better now

The smooshing wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and it only took 10 minutes. I do have a small bruise in the exact same spot on each arm though, hmmm....

That was such a scare I had I think it was a wake up call to slow down and try not to do so much. I had a big talk with DH on the weekend about taking some time out for ourselves and sharing the household responsibilites. My job is very stressfull to so I am trying to figure out how to de-stress myself there too. I can't change the way my boss acts but I can change the way that I react.

We went out to a Vietnamese restaurant for dinner to celebrate and had a lovely dinner including bubble tea and red wine and coconut rice pudding (diet be damned! ) It was nice to have dinner just the two of us. Tee hee! the waiter must have thought we were on a date because we were holding hands across the table so much I had a pretty quiet weekend and I think it did me some good.
  • Mauvais, I'm so glad you had a good weekend.
    Yes, we ALL need to slow down and enjoy life to its fullest.
    And you're very wise re: changing the way you react to your boss. That's one of the best things my DH has taught me... I am the only one who has power over my feelings. How I react to the way others treat me can make me or break me. And I chose MAKE! Nobody can "make" me happy and nobody can "make" me sad... it's all up to me.
    You've got a great attitude, sweetie! Keep it up!
    xoxo ellis
  • Too true!! You BOTH have great attitudes! I'm trying to adopt the same philosophy, but having a few problems with it right now. Feeling hurt and angry about some things going on in the family that I SHOULD be able to rise above.
  • Wonderful news Mauvais!!!!

Dent, I don't know what's going on, but you hang in there! They're *family* - you didn't choose 'em they just came with the whole "birth" thing. Distance yourself if you gotta... Hope it gets better soon.

Terri
  • I am back!!!!

I can't even remember when I was in last, but it feels like forever! Well I had the cancer removed the first week of September. I have been on the Tamoxifen for a week now & I start radiation this week. Otherwise it is all under control.

We had both brthday parties. Alli got a million Barbies & had a wonderful party. Grandma had her 30th, I wore a cute little dress. DH actually looked at me & said I have never owned a sexier dress. I wasn't sure how to take that, did it look good or slutty? But then at the party I overheard him talking to his cousin & brother, he actually told them that "he is jealous now when we go out & he sees someone looking at me" They all laughed, he was very serious & said "I am, I know it is my problem, but I still have to bite my toungue"

Anyway, I am feeling good. Diet got a little side tracked though, but in reality for what I was eating the last 3 weeks, the 5 pound gain isn't so bad! Back on track this week though, hoping to shed that 5 I gained & hopefully an additional 5 by Halloween.
  • Christina.........so glad to see you're back with us.

I've been thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way....

also been sending you virtual m-n-ms - the kind without calories? you know the ones I'm talking about

Glad you had fun at the party.

Big Hug for you grrrlfriend

Love, Terrigrrrl
  • Christina!!! We've been wondering and worrying about you! I'm so glad things are under control and you seem to be very positive, which as Martha says, is a very good thing. Just be sure to take the time you need to deal with the radiation. You don't have to be a superwoman, you know....be gentle with yourself, and know that we're all behind you. And congrats on the jealous husband!!!

Mauvais, glad to hear you had a nice weekend. I've recently been through a blow-up at work, and I've decided that no matter how stressed I get about my work environment, it's obvious that the people who could change it aren't going to because they turn a blind eye to the situation. So, two weeks ago I decided that I am the only person I can control at work, and everyone else can dig their own graves. I am concerned solely with my own behaviour and ignore everyone else's. Surprisingly, it's working. Sure I still have moments when I quietly growl from the depths of my office, but then I remember that whatever they're doing isn't my concern. I hope you can do the same with your boss.

Den, it's okay to be hurt about family situations. Just try not to dwell on it. Tell yourself "so-and-so is being an ***" or whatever applies, even write it down (and burn it later)....acknowledge it, but don't dwell on it. I know, easier said than done. Just hoping to make you feel better. We love you. Does that help?
  • CHristina' s Back!!
    We missed you so much! So glad to hear you are doing okay! Its great to see you so positive as usual.
    Wow, you have hubby spinnin his head. You go girl!
    Will write more tomorrow girls, just wanted to tell Chris how much we all missed her.

Virginia
  • Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
    Anyone seen my keys????? I can not find them anywhere. I retraced my steps and everything. So if any of you find them please let me know.

Gone nuts!
    Virginia
  • Chris, I'm so glad you're doing well. We've all been thinking about you... keep us updated, sweetie.

Den, do you need to vent? Are you okay, hon? Terri and Wildfire are right... you don't need to dwell on that crap. It's NOT your problem. Just let it go (I know, I know... easier said than done). We're here for you if you need us... hugs...

Hey Virginia... did you find your keys? xoxo
  • Yeah I found my keys this morning in the shoe box.
    I looked last night, but apparently not hard enough. It is an awful feeling when you lose them, but it feels great to find them again.
    Virginia
    P.S. Going to the gym tonight with my hot little walking friend! Can't wait! I have been wanting to get there forever now.