Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #91  
Fatty 2x4

S/C/G: 180/180 (boo..)/140 for now

Height: 5'5'

AHH!! I love love love girly punky hairdos. I tried one once but with being overweight it just looks...wrong. I've got my industrial (bar in ear) pierced and yes it does hurt a lot. But I like it...I just wish I could pull off short hair so it is exposed. Don't know what I'm going to do when I have to get a "real job"...I want to be a writer so I guess it could go either way.

Right now I've got...
nostril
industrial
3x earlobe

I had my cartilage and tragus pierced but they never healed right and were a bigger pain than they were worth.

I want to get either a Christina or VCH when I am old enough...I read somewhere that even with a parent's signature (weird much?) they won't do it on a minor because it could be considered sexual assault.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

^
Yeah it is =/. I know a lot of kids still, somehow, get them done though. Not sure how. Or where? There are some 'personal' piercings I want, too, but I'm willing to wait.
Does anybody have any stretched piercings other than their lobes (or even just lobes)? Just wonderin'. I've started stretching my tongue and I've only met one other person with a stretched tongue piercing and I have "baby-streches" in my lobes.

Last edited by bunnythesAINT; 08-26-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 364/353/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha1534 View Post
I have no advice on the removal, but I will say that if they told you to put in clear retainers, I wouldn't try to skirt it by putting bandaids on. That's just gonna piss them off. I lost my eyebrow piercing b/c my workplace decided we couldn't even wear clear retainers...but I can always get my bestie to repierce my eyebrow and I can't always find a job I like paying good money w/ good insurance that I don't pay a dime for.
Oh no, my instructor asked if I could put clear in first, then suggested the band aids herself so it's ok to just cover them. I just don't want to change them when they aren't healed yet, they are still painful and I don't want to mess things up :P
Old 08-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumosmaxima View Post
I agree about the clear retainers. If it's been two months, you can probably go ahead and change them... you don't need to wait a whole year. Also, you can change your cartilage piercings just like any other lobe piercing, or keep the same rings in all the time. It's up to you.. just make sure you clean it : )
I'd feel better about changing them if they didn't still hurt, but they do. I've heard that I should wait till there is no pain before trying to change them, but everyone has different opinions! Glad to hear I will be able to change them out easily after they heal, thanks!
Old 08-26-2010, 09:04 PM   #95  
: )

S/C/G: tick tick ticker

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnythesAINT View Post
^
Does anybody have any stretched piercings other than their lobes (or even just lobes)? Just wonderin'. I've started stretching my tongue and I've only met one other person with a stretched tongue piercing and I have "baby-streches" in my lobes.
I have stretched lobes - I guess what would consider to be a "baby" stretch (only a 6g). My going only there was intentional though... if, god willing, I get into a good place in my later life (where I don't have to worry about getting a job, etc.), I will definitely stretch further, but for now, I can wear beautiful earrings and still have the possibility of them closing back up if I ever wanted them too (not likely! hahah).

I'm >ADDICTED< to bodyartforms. I just got a package of plugs from them today... and then I got online and ordered a pair of earskins. Failure to mee.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:06 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsey View Post
I'd feel better about changing them if they didn't still hurt, but they do. I've heard that I should wait till there is no pain before trying to change them, but everyone has different opinions! Glad to hear I will be able to change them out easily after they heal, thanks!
No worries. I have two like.. miscellaneous cartilage piercings (one on the upper helix area, one right about my lobe) and I changed them both way before it was time (oops). And one of them was a home job (ooops againn..) And... they're both fine. : )
Old 08-26-2010, 09:29 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnythesAINT View Post
^
Yeah it is =/. I know a lot of kids still, somehow, get them done though. Not sure how. Or where? There are some 'personal' piercings I want, too, but I'm willing to wait.
i have my conches stretched to about... a 2 (maybe 0). but it doesn't really count because it was punched at a high gauge and then stretched the size now. I really like them, and i think they look really good paired with my big earlobes. My friend has his septum stretched to a 2g, and is thinking about going higher, though i hear it's pretty painful. i'm the biggest wuss ever.. and could never do it.

Last edited by therex; 08-26-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by therex View Post
i have my conches stretched to about... a 2 (maybe 0). but it doesn't really count because it was punched at a high gauge and then stretched the size now. I really like them, and i think they look really good paired with my big earlobes. My friend has his septum stretched to a 2g, and is thinking about going higher, though i hear it's pretty painful. i'm the biggest wuss ever.. and could never do it.
It's a dermal punch? Just out of curiosity, what would you compare the pain too?
Old 08-26-2010, 09:42 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumosmaxima View Post
It's a dermal punch? Just out of curiosity, what would you compare the pain too?
yeah.. hm, the pain wasn't that bad honestly. it was SO quick (my piercer is really good/fast) so it just felt like a really bad pinch. the hardest part was healing definitely, the first couple of nights were hard because i couldn't sleep the way i normally do.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:06 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Quote:
Oh no, my instructor asked if I could put clear in first, then suggested the band aids herself so it's ok to just cover them. I just don't want to change them when they aren't healed yet, they are still painful and I don't want to mess things up :P
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I see. That's awesome that they'll let you do that. People covering their piercings w/ bandaids instead of using clear retainers is what ended up getting us our policy on absolutely NO visible piercings other than ear. I had kept a clear retainer in my eyebrow piercing for MONTHS and it had never been noticed by the higher-ups even though they sat face to face w/ me.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #101  

Quote:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I see. That's awesome that they'll let you do that. People covering their piercings w/ bandaids instead of using clear retainers is what ended up getting us our policy on absolutely NO visible piercings other than ear. I had kept a clear retainer in my eyebrow piercing for MONTHS and it had never been noticed by the higher-ups even though they sat face to face w/ me.
Wow, that doesn't sound fair at all that you can't wear retainers (I was lurking this thread the other day and thought you were talking about dental retainers! lol-I didn't know there was something related to piercing with the same name >.<) Two of the girls in my class have nose piercings, and one has an eyebrow done. Seems like they are getting pretty common so there shouldn't be such a big deal about it :P

I forgot my other question! If you guys don't mind-those of you with healed cartilage piercings, can you sleep on them with no pain now? Gosh I miss sleeping on my left side O-o
Old 08-27-2010, 11:45 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Quote:
Wow, that doesn't sound fair at all that you can't wear retainers (I was lurking this thread the other day and thought you were talking about dental retainers! lol-I didn't know there was something related to piercing with the same name >.<) Two of the girls in my class have nose piercings, and one has an eyebrow done. Seems like they are getting pretty common so there shouldn't be such a big deal about it :P
Funny thing is, visible tattoos are fine as long as they're not vulgar. *shrugs* But given the choice between my eyebrow ring and my job, I definitely would chose my job every single time. Besides, my bestfriend pierced mine for free (before anybody chimes in to admonish me, she's a professional piercer, I promise!!!).
Old 08-28-2010, 12:46 AM   #103  

Quote:
I forgot my other question! If you guys don't mind-those of you with healed cartilage piercings, can you sleep on them with no pain now? Gosh I miss sleeping on my left side O-o
I can sleep on mine. One of my cartilage piercings is higher up on my ear, and the other one is about in the middle portion, and I can sleep on both sides (and the one in the middle I did in like... July). I can also sleep on my rook piercing, though I choose not too - it feels fine, but the pressure sometimes make it swell up and get irritated.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:47 AM   #104  

Quote:
Funny thing is, visible tattoos are fine as long as they're not vulgar. *shrugs* But given the choice between my eyebrow ring and my job, I definitely would chose my job every single time. Besides, my bestfriend pierced mine for free (before anybody chimes in to admonish me, she's a professional piercer, I promise!!!).
I wish I had a friend that was a piercer! I've been going back and forth about whether I should pierce my eyebrow again or not. I LOVE the way it looks, but... I'm not sure. I had a horizontal one... : (
Old 08-28-2010, 11:04 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

lumosmaxima-
6g isn't baby in my book lol. Especially when I'm still at 12g, 6 is a pretty far away dream.
therex-
That's impressive (and I am jealous)! I've really wanted a conch piercing for a long time but it took a backseat to my industrial. I love seeing big gauge ones.
Closed Thread