Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #76  
: )

S/C/G: tick tick ticker

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudesmom View Post
You are right about it being a step towards acceptance. I'm also a bit hesitant because I am working on getting my teaching degree and will start observing in classrooms soon, and I would like to be able to put in a retainer or tiny stud when I do that.

As for my stuff healing, I still don't know if my eyebrow is fully closed and it's been at least 4 years since I've had anything in there. I know I could still get my barbell in easily after like a year. I don't think my scar is bad, but is definitely visible. My lip healed very quickly because I only had it like 2 or 3 months before I took it out, but I think that scar is really bad. My tongue stayed open for a while because I had it for so long, and my belly button was such a mess because I had pierced it by myself the first time and besides getting infected, it migrated. I had problems with it the whole time I had it professionally done too, so I don't even remember how long it took to heal over.
My eyebrow is the only facial piercing I've had - and unfortunately I only had it for a few months before I had a "trauma" and it rejected. D: But when you said you could still get the bar in after a while I was shocked! Mine is just a scar. I get hypertrophic scars (they're raised) so... I think it's pretty ugly, but my actual hair eyebrow hides it quite a bit.

I'm very impressed with your number of piercings! hahah
Old 07-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #77  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicSin13 View Post
I am in love with mine. I bruised almost instantly, even though my piercer(Cholo from Artistic Element in Yucaipa, CA. You may have seen him have his ripped lobe corrected on Dr. 90210 some years back, he is a pretty unforgettable guy LOL) promised me I wouldn't LOL I bruise if you sneeze in my direction so I expected it anyway. But for the most part it healed well, and pretty quickly. Every so often if I scrape it against my pillow, or if I catch it on a towel or something I will have a bit of discomfort and sometimes some lymph for a day or so, I clean it daily with saline solution (just picked a bottle up at Wal-Mart) but otherwise its pretty good, I'd venture to say the best piercing I have ever had personally and I reject piercings like CRAZY!
Where did you have it done ? (location on your body I mean
Do you change the top part out at all ?
Old 08-09-2010, 02:22 AM   #78  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I've got my labret done on my lower
right lip and my ears.

Piercings I want:
-monroe
-nose
-bellybutton
-hip(s)
-bar on my ear

I absolutely love piercings.
I love the ones that make me look
cute. I know I can always switch them
out and I couldn't decide which of the
really cute ones I wanted so I'm gonna
get them all.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:27 AM   #79  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudesmom View Post
You are right about it being a step towards acceptance. I'm also a bit hesitant because I am working on getting my teaching degree and will start observing in classrooms soon, and I would like to be able to put in a retainer or tiny stud when I do that.

I definitely know what you mean by
this. I'm going to go to college for
law enforcement and become a policewoman
and as you can imagine, there's certain
piercings that are just not allowed
or that will be hard to handle during
physical activity.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #80  

Height: 5'3"

I had my nipples repierced yesterday -- this time with horizontal barbells, in the hopes that they will heal better than rings. Less movement/tugging on clothing, etc.

I always forget how much it hurts! Ow.

Last edited by rachinma; 08-12-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:44 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

I'm chopping my hair off and getting a monroe when I hit goal. People are going to be like O.o? and I'm going to be like FINALLY. I've always wanted really short, dark hair and a facial piercing, but didn't want to draw attention to myself when i was fat, plus short hair makes me look like a piglet. right now I have no facial piercings and long, naturally blonde hair.

God I can't wait.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:43 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfVenus View Post
I'm chopping my hair off and getting a monroe when I hit goal. People are going to be like O.o? and I'm going to be like FINALLY. I've always wanted really short, dark hair and a facial piercing, but didn't want to draw attention to myself when i was fat, plus short hair makes me look like a piglet. right now I have no facial piercings and long, naturally blonde hair.

God I can't wait.
I feel the same way about short hair. I like my long hair a lot, but at the same time, I've always loved short, kinda punky hair (I like a girly faux hawk - lame, I know), but I think styles like that look best on tiny, (flat!) androgynous girls. And there is something to be said about having long hair - it's a lot less maintenance, ironically, for one thing...

I'm getting a tattoo when I get closer to my goal
Old 08-25-2010, 06:25 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveLHaelf View Post
You all have me soooo curious and intrigued about piercings! I got a tattoo last december and i love it and all this talk about piercing has me wanting something....My dh has requested a vch piercing and i've looked into it and i'm thinking i could handle it....idk...

to those of you who have had it done....what was it like? the procedure and living with it? were you pleased with it? Would u do it again?
I have had one now for 3 years. My husband loves it but it does not give me any added benefits if you know what I mean

The procedure to get it was pretty quick. They have you lay down and they check to see which way would be better a vch or the other one..not sure what it is called....I guess it depends on how much skin you have on which way is better for you.

The precedure itself is pretty quick, it only took a couple of minutes start to finish. It may have been quicker but he had some girl who was learning how to pierce watching so he was taking each step a bit slower...well except for the actual piercing step lol

Healing took a couple of weeks and after that I babied the area for another month or so and now I just take the piercing out every few days to make sure it is clean and thats it.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:26 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 243/228/140

Height: 5'8

I've had...

Lobes x 8
Snake bites
Conch (done with a 2.4)
Snug
Tragus
Monroe
Neck x 3
Collar
Bellybutton
Vertical labret
Tongue

All that's left now...

Lobes x 2
Left lip
Conch
Tragus
Tongue

I really want to get my nipple done at some point. Maybe when I've lost some weight
Old 08-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #85  
Aspiring Loser

Height: 5'9

Over the years I have had many piercings:

Vertical Bridge
Septum
Bottom lip in 3 different places
Eyebrows at different times
Left nostril
Hood
Nipples
Tongue (in two places)
Navel
Ears (all over)

Most of those are retired now. All that remains are:

Tongue (just the basic one, took the one from the tip out)
Hood
Nipples
Ears
Septum (they never close, I don't wear jewelry in t regularly, these days)

Now tattoos are a whole other thread =p
Old 08-26-2010, 12:24 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

Girly fauxhawks are not lame at all! Totally hot!

I'm thinking more a Hepburn-esque pixie cut that I can spike when I'm feeling squirrelly.

And I may get more piercings after the Monroe, but that's the one I'm dying for. I also LOVE the collarbone piercings but I'm not sure I'm brave enough... It would be so hot though....

I don't imagine myself looking all crazy emo and stuff, but like... imagine if Audrey Hepburn started dating James Dean, but they were born in this generation. That's what I want to be. Kind of crazy but you know what I mean? I like darker, punkier style, but not in a childish way.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:45 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 364/353/165

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys, I don't think I'm an alternachick, so I hope it's ok if I ask my question here. I had my first CNA class today and was told that I'd need to cover or put in clear earrings in my cartilage piercings. I have two 18 gauge hoops in my left ear, right next to each other. They are about two months old but I don't want to switch out earrings until they are totally healed (I thought I'd leave them for the full year to be safe) so I guess I'll be trying to cover them with a band aid. Anyway, I guess my question is about later on down the line when they are fully healed, will it be such that I could change them daily like lobe piercings? I guess I always thought that you picked your cartilage rings and kinda left them alone. Thanks!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:48 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsey View Post
Hi guys, I don't think I'm an alternachick, so I hope it's ok if I ask my question here. I had my first CNA class today and was told that I'd need to cover or put in clear earrings in my cartilage piercings. I have two 18 gauge hoops in my left ear, right next to each other. They are about two months old but I don't want to switch out earrings until they are totally healed (I thought I'd leave them for the full year to be safe) so I guess I'll be trying to cover them with a band aid. Anyway, I guess my question is about later on down the line when they are fully healed, will it be such that I could change them daily like lobe piercings? I guess I always thought that you picked your cartilage rings and kinda left them alone. Thanks!
I have no advice on the removal, but I will say that if they told you to put in clear retainers, I wouldn't try to skirt it by putting bandaids on. That's just gonna piss them off. I lost my eyebrow piercing b/c my workplace decided we couldn't even wear clear retainers...but I can always get my bestie to repierce my eyebrow and I can't always find a job I like paying good money w/ good insurance that I don't pay a dime for.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsey View Post
I agree about the clear retainers. If it's been two months, you can probably go ahead and change them... you don't need to wait a whole year. Also, you can change your cartilage piercings just like any other lobe piercing, or keep the same rings in all the time. It's up to you.. just make sure you clean it : )
Old 08-26-2010, 11:48 AM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfVenus View Post
Girly fauxhawks are not lame at all! Totally hot!

I'm thinking more a Hepburn-esque pixie cut that I can spike when I'm feeling squirrelly.

And I may get more piercings after the Monroe, but that's the one I'm dying for. I also LOVE the collarbone piercings but I'm not sure I'm brave enough... It would be so hot though....

I don't imagine myself looking all crazy emo and stuff, but like... imagine if Audrey Hepburn started dating James Dean, but they were born in this generation. That's what I want to be. Kind of crazy but you know what I mean? I like darker, punkier style, but not in a childish way.
I really like Monroe piercings lately, but they are a lit more feminine than is usually my style, so I'm kinda surprised at myself. But lately I've been thinking about getting a microdermal, which I guess is a similar look...

the image of James Dean and Audrey Hepburn together is fabulousss. hhahahah... and I know what you mean about "grown up" punk. I would love to expand my look into more unfamiliar territory such as that!
Closed Thread