3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   So, what are you looking forward to? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/192332-so-what-you-looking-forward.html)

BeatnikMama 01-30-2010 11:07 AM

I can't wait to go shopping, I've found that when I'm fat i have no style to speak of....jeans and t-shirt {usually my husbands}. I'm looking forward to dressing how I like , and expressing myself through clothes again.

chickiechic 01-30-2010 06:06 PM

I would like to not wince when I see myself in photos.

I would like to go shopping at normal mall stores that carry clothes in normal sizes... and look good wearing them.

I would like to weigh less than my husband/would like my husband to be able to pick me up (I don't know what the cutoff is for that, so that might not happen, but it would be cool if he could).

Ditto Jaime and Techno- I would like to be able to dress up in sexy costumes and look sexy (instead of chubby and slutty)!

dolphinea 01-31-2010 03:54 PM

All the clothes you guys mention is stuff my husband would LOVE me to wear, at my fattest. I'm doing this so I can feel more like the "real" me, ie have more energy and spend more time putting all my addictive energy into creation rather than destruction.

I have to admit I'm really looking forward to shopping for fashions that only go up to size 14/16, like stuff from asia, Anthropologie, things people make on Etsy, shopping bluefly.com's clearance racks.

It would also be great to be able to wear low heels all day/walk in them!

going2Bhealthy 02-01-2010 04:27 PM

I can't wait for my bf to be able to pick me up without bursting a blood vessel! I'd also like to be able to sit on his lap without breaking his legs!

There are so many things I share with you girls, one of which I completed today - my first pair of skinny jeans! I've wanted to get a pair for a while, although I'm still really heavy and I probably don't look like the sexiest person in the world wearing them, but they look great with my favourite heels at the moment!

Anyway.. back to the list...

Wearing...
- Mini Skirts again (not short like showing my butt off, but mid thigh)
- Smart shorts (with tights underneath)
- A huge list of amazing clothes I've been hanging onto for about 5 years desperately hoping I'll fit into again
- My amazing corset style Karen Millen dress. (I've only been able to wear it once and it was tight even then)
- Sexy lingerie and night wear

Doing...
- More activity, like being able to run for the bus without dying afterwards
- Going into shops and not having to worry about wether it'll make me look fatter
- Going into shops and picking out a normal size
- Not feeling like people are judging me on my size when simply walking down the street
- Getting my huuuuge tattoo
- Being on top... ;)
- Finding my out my ring size (in the vain hope my bf will buy me a diamond!)

Feeling...
- Room in my clothes (it's already starting!)
- Air between my thighs rather than rubbing flesh!
- Less pain when wearing heels
- More confident
- Sexier

...I can't wait to start crossing things off my list :D

Technosexual 02-01-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatnikMama (Post 3125755)
I can't wait to go shopping, I've found that when I'm fat i have no style to speak of....jeans and t-shirt {usually my husbands}. I'm looking forward to dressing how I like , and expressing myself through clothes again.

I totally understand this. When you're fat, you just wear what fits, not necessarily what you truly want to wear.

britticus 02-03-2010 12:35 AM

I tried on a pair of skinny jeans the other day and I looked like a pair of drumsticks!! I want to be able to wear nice jeans and short skirts! And be on top once in a while!

megphilly 02-06-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

- Air between my thighs rather than rubbing flesh!
Omg, I hate that feeling--one of the worst things about being heavy.

Wearing:
Yeah...those darn skinny jeans
Skirts and shorts
A bathing suit
Skin-tight dresses
Skimpy lingerie
Just underwear....yeah, I just want to be comfortable walking around the house in just my panties
Vintage clothes
Bracelets, rings, and necklaces less than 18"

Doing:
Hike
Shop where I want
Go places without feeling like people are judging me
Act and sing again
Take dancing lessons
Swim competitivelty
Travel
Have more sex
Get my tattoo

Feeling:
Happier
Sexier
Confident enough to approach men
Healthy
Not feel so tired all the time
Worthy

mauvaisroux 02-07-2010 01:45 PM

Wearing:
nice jeans
a swimsuit without feeling self-concious

Doing:
Shop where I want
Take a burlesque dance class

Feeling:
Healthy
Sexier
More energetic

Selca 02-07-2010 02:08 PM

I love all these posts! I wanted to quote at least half:)

Wearing-
Shorts- I can't bring myself to do it because of my fat thighs.
Skirts- same as above
All the skinny clothes in my closet that haven't seen the light of day in three years.
A bathing suit- I wouldn't even dream of it right now.

Doing-
Actually having sex without wondering if my boyfriend thinks I look terrible!!!
Going to the pool and actually swimming in front of people

Feeling-
Knowing that everytime I buy jeans I wont wear out the inner thigh area to the point that they get holes. Lost two pairs that way in the last 6 months.
Hot
Sexy
Confident

shortandfluffy 02-08-2010 11:10 AM

ALLLLLL of what you guys already listed!

Wearing-
Dresses - I refuse to wear them now... I hate to show my legs
Same with Shorts.
I want to wear tights.. those cute colorful ones under a dress.
Swim suit without tshirt and shorts OVER it.

Doing-
Anything outside im my shorts. Playing with my dogs and jogging.
Shop in the misses section and maybe even the juniors!
Go into stores like Abercrombie and Express and not feel like everyone is staring at me.

Feeling-
Healthy
Attractive
Confident is a big one for most of us.

Paja 03-02-2010 12:12 AM

I second a lot of the above too, and seeing other people saying it makes me feel less guilty about thinking it all the time.

Wearing:
Thigh-high socks (without them looking super stretched out and distorted)
The dungarees I wore in high school
The hiking pants I bought on sale in a size 8 as motivation
Shirts that are tight in the stomach area
Corsets (of course!)

Doing:
Run a 10k or a half marathon
Through-hike the PCT
Take ballet classes

Feeling:
Like I'm not "the fat girl" in a new situation

Enduring Infinity 03-02-2010 01:00 PM

Wearing:
I'm really looking forward to wearing A LOT of different types of clothing and developing a sense of style, both personally and professionally. Here's just some of what I'm looking forward to wearing: sundresses with strappy sandals, bermuda shorts, fitted cardigans, skirt suits, 3"+ heels, peasant tops, skinny jeans, tall boots, trendy jackets, sleeveless shirts, etc.

Doing:
There are a lot of things that I'm looking forward to doing! Flying with lots of space to spare, rock climbing, jogging, playing tennis, shopping wherever I want, having the energy to walk around all day, and just generally doing whatever I want without my body getting in the way.

Feeling:
I'm really looking forward to feeling my actual age instead of older than I actually am because I feel so limited by my body. I am also looking forward to generally feeling fitter, stronger, and more capable in my physical abilities and hopefully having a lot more energy and motivation to do things. I know weight loss isn't a magic bullet and won't solve all of my problems, but I'm going to make an effort to use the changes to my body as a catalyst to make changes to my mind as well.

Gypsy Severina 03-03-2010 10:58 PM

There are a lot of things I want to do, I've never been small, I've always been obese (had a heart problem as a kid and had to eat a lot of salty foods and drinks with electrolytes and couldn't do PE, and these habits followed me into adulthood).

Wearing:

Corsets
Skin-tight dresses
Bikini
Bellydancing costumes
Tight pleather pants
Knee and thigh high boots
Stripper heels
Jewelry and watches without extensions
Jeans
Lingerie
Thongs
Fishnets
Short skirts

Doing:

Bellydancing as an act
Stripper classes
Not weighing down the raft at water rides
Not crossing my fingers that I fit into the rollercoaster
Hike
Go shopping in a non-plus size store
Get my shoulder and hip tattoo
Actually have sex

Feeling:
Sexy
Confident
Assertive
Energetic
Healthy
Like men should be tripping over themselves to get my number ;)
Like I'm not the token "fat girl" in a group of hot guys and size 0 girls (this is not a joke, they are both size 0 and about a third my weight)
Comfortable in heels

kathrynk 03-04-2010 02:58 PM

My end reward that I have set is that when I reach my goal I can get the next tattoo I want. That keeps me going every day, along with the idea of getting into a bikini for the summer! I have never ever worn one!

AstralPhysicist 04-06-2010 11:50 PM

Things I want to wear:

shorts- without the fat crease when I sit
skirts- without my a** looking humongous
tops that are tight all over
any dress under a size 18.

Things I want to do:

play with my sons without getting tired
jump on our trampoline without breaking the weight limit
not be selfconscious at a water park
walk without getting the raw spots on my thighs
jog
get out of a chair without getting winded
dress up in a Harley Quinn costume and go to a Comic Convention

How I want to feel:

Like I am myself again
energized
attractive

I wanna be a MILF. LOL

By the way, How do you all get the little bar with your weight loss stats?