lesbian mom looking for support,kid is five yrs old,i still haven't lost the baby fat

You're on Page 6 of 11
Go to
  • Hi Heather!

Yes, we're a pretty light-hearted group.
    Are you losing weight? How much? Are you exercising? Tell us a bit about yourself.
    You're welcome to join us for mutual back-patting and morale boosting!

Where the heck is that Kat? Is she sleeping in? Hung over?
  • Right now I am trying to lose 40 pounds. So far I have lost 10 of that so I have 30 to go. My current goal is to exercise more. I hate to. I have to kids 5 & 2, and I'm engaged. I moved to New Jersey from Iowa. That was a huge change. I went from the middle of a cornfield with barely any people to chaos. But I love it here. Want to know anything else, just ask.
    Heather
  • Hi Heather, Hi Ellis, I see that you are both online. However, if I don't leave for work right now I'll be late!!! Gotta go. Will talk with you later. Soozie.
  • Ellis-A bit of extra space? What is that? I keep on finding "deals" and there is no place left to put them.....(mega cans of refried beans everywhere.....)

Soozie-My kids are 15 and 12 and I STILL have that baby fat!!! As a matter of fact it multiplied, and I now have an extra 40 pounds of baby fat that came on AFTER the kids were born!!! Actually, I did get the weight off, and then regained it and more.

Heather-I think I want to move into that old cornfield of yours!! I have a question for you....how tall are you?
  • Trust me you don't want to live in that cornfield. Way too quiet there. Nothing to do except twiddle your thumbs. Although I did manage to get into enough trouble growing up. My friends and I used to create things to do and somehow we always managed to get caught!!! As for height, I am 5'9" tall. I don't think I will ever lose the baby fat, but I would like to decrease it. I have a 5 yr old daughter and a yr old son. You would think running after them all day would help me lose it. They sure know how to keep me on my feet especially now that I don't have my mother here to help me. She is still in that cornfield. How is everyone? Got big plans for the weekend? I have the joy of going into Philly tonight...gee can't wait. I hate driving in Philly. Oh well - Heather
  • here I am, ellis!
    I have been having a marvelous time, cruising the Alternachicks threads...oh...I'm gonna like it here!

I see we have another jersey girl here...hi Heather! We're going back to Philly tomorrow to pick up my daughter...I'm not driving! WHEW! I never had a problem driving in Philly before that fiasco...whiteknuckled, yes...but able to handle myself... I know I could not drive in NYC, they are WAY more aggressive and scary and just plain ol' crazy!

Thanks to all you lovelies for the anniversary wishes!! We had a very low key, quiet dinner...we sat on the deck of the restaurant, over the water, watched the sunset...really nice. Dinner was a bit of a letdown though, at least the ambience was fabulous ...I ordered broiled swordfish with shrimp scampi over the top...served over fresh spinach....three lousy little shrimp sat on top of my oh so bland swordfish, not too much garlic and string beans instead of spinach...I left half, didn't even take it home. so that's good, right? Unusual anyway! No dessert. You may pat my back here. I had to work that night anyway. so the celebration ended there, if you know what I mean! To be continued....the date, nosies!...not the story!

dentrassi...my kids are 16 and 11...I still have my baby fat too! Of course mine is my ORIGINAL baby fat...and then some!

ooh, ellis, I'm picturing you with power tools and stuff...pushing the frig around...tearing down door frames...so butch!

soozie..."L" word? WHAT "L" word???? luscious? lascivious? lyrical? lusty? lunatic? lesbian??? ohhh...that one! Be the token lezzy, it's OK. Thanks for leading me to this very cool group of chicks...Have fun in Seaside...or did you already go and I'm horribly behind, here...a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

I'm starting to doze off. despite the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie BLASTING in the background. We stopped at Blockbuster to rent "Lord of the Rings," it's not out til next week, so dh in his infinite wisdom, rented "Collateral Damage" instead. Yeah, hon...close but no cigar.

I'm done...must go to sleep now...no work tonight or til Tuesday night, for that matter. yay. All dietary sustems, "GO!"

speaking of GOing, I think I will...again...

til tomorrow...
  • Kat-TOO FUNNY!!! Original baby fat!! I think I have mine AND my sister's too!!

Heather-Twiddling my thumbs actually sounds pretty good right now, but you are right, i'd probably be bored pretty quickly.

I have to pee too......
  • I'm jealous of you girls having to pee because that means you're drinking your water. Have to get a bigger cup because I just haven't been drinking enough. It seems that everytime I get a new plastic water cup I suddenly drink my water, then I get bored of the cup and have to find some new trick to remind myself to drink. Am I simple or what???

Fell asleep putting the kid to bed, woke up a few minutes ago and decided to check in with you chicks.

Kat, I loved your last post...you were on a roll.

I hate driving in the city as well. I have a doctor's appt. (with the shrink) tomorrow morning. Making DP come with me so she can drive. To think, I grew up in that city...lived there for 30 years or so...but where I lived the driving wasn't so crazy.

As an adult I lived in West Philadelphia for awhile. Used to drive into town often. Hated it. The driving, not living in the city. Like suburban lifestyle better. Better supermarkets!! Better shopping malls!! No problem parking when you have to get some snacks in a hurry!!

I'm feeling alittle disappointed in myself that I haven't been exercising. It just feels like there aren't enough hours in the day. I still have 22 boxes of stuff to unpack from the reno project. Some kitchen stuff and some stuff from my dining room china cabinet. (we had emptied the china cabinet because they were going to jack up the house and we thought it would feel like an earth quake and that things would fall over, it turned out that nothing broke and they jacked it up so slowly we didn't feel much of anything)

Well, gotta go read other threads. This is fun. Keep inspiring me girls. I need some inspiration to make my goal!!!

Love, Soozie the lucisous lesbian
    ps. when you page me in Trader Joe's can you have them say that?
    pss. going to Seaside today
  • Kat, I'm so glad you had a good time! Yes, the poor meal was a blessing... regard it as such.

Soozie, when you unpack those 22 boxes, just do the squat thing with everything you take out and put away. Constitutes exercise. Big time.

Heather, when you have to drive in Philly, just think of it as an adventure. Pretend you're in a movie and you're being filmed.
    5'-9"?! You lucky girl you!!

Speaking of film, my gay friend (sorry, I hate saying that, but I need to classify him somehow... he's such a sweetie) is coming for dinner tonight with his new camera. It's a tiny little thing that he can hook up to the computer. He can actually do 40 second "blips" with it, too, and he can add sound to the photos. I'll try and get a photo of us tonight and send to you.

Den, I'm going to see my psychologist at noon today. I'm on my third coffee and it's ten o'clock. And I'm walking there... about a 45 minute walk. What are the chances that I won't have to pee on the way?
  • Ellis-none. DH says chances are more like 15 peecent. (He was reading over my shoulder)
  • Hi everyone. Philly was a good time thursday. We went to see my fiance's brother's band play at the kyber. The traffic wasn't too bad. I have seen worse there. Well the diet was killed over the weekend. I will get back on track today. I'm down a pound though. So not a complete loss. How was everyone else's weekend?
  • Heather, come on over to August Alternachat, we seem to have migrated over there...or pick any one of the other threads, they're all going strong...same cast of characters...and them some!

You must have danced off any dietary damage that you may have done! Good job. I'm strictly back to a proper food plan today...I guess that means I have to go food shopping. I should go now, while everyone's still asleep...coffee first...

see you later!
  • HEY ALL YOU FAT LESBIANS...
    THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE!!! Talk to me, inspire me, let's lose weight.

Okay, what do you think girls? Will that entice them?
    ???????? Love, Soozie ??????????????
  • Soozie, no one likes to be called fat, if you want them to join perhaps you should call them fluffy?
  • I think you need to sweet talk 'em, soozie. And don't be calling 'em FAT...they're luscious, soozie...LUSCIOUS!