Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 215/210/165

Height: 5'10

Red face

Bi here...but I like that sexually fluid description lol ...I've been married to my DH for 6 years but he doesnt know I'm bi, he knows i find girls attractive but to what extent he doesn't. I'm not ashamed to tell him , I just dont want him to be worried after being together I suddenly come out and now i wanna get with every girl in sight. It's been a long journey for me to come to this relization about myself and I'm more than okay with it , I'm just worried he would doubt my commitment to him if he suddenly found out I was attracted to women. Sometimes I wish I had someone to talk to because it still feels like I've put this part of me away, never to be indulged or fulfilled. I'm very much in love and happy with my husband and would never want to be with out him, but I cant help but feeling I've denied myself something my entire life to this point and now I'll never know that part of myself fully......wow sad story for a happy thread, sorry ladies!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #107  
Gone Primal.

S/C/G: 352/248.8/185

Height: 5'7.5"

Cool Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatnikMama View Post
Sometimes I wish I had someone to talk to because it still feels like I've put this part of me away, never to be indulged or fulfilled. I'm very much in love and happy with my husband and would never want to be with out him, but I cant help but feeling I've denied myself something my entire life to this point and now I'll never know that part of myself fully......wow sad story for a happy thread, sorry ladies!!!
"To thine own self be true and it can'st not help but follow as the day doeth the night that then thou can'st be false to any(one)"

Most people attribute the second quote to Shakespeare but it was originally carved on the temple walls to the Goddess and he copied it.

In my experience whatever made your husband fall in love with you included those parts you would come to know. Denying even part of our self awareness leads to resentment which has not aided any relationship that I have had to date. If you have been trustworthy thus far in your marriage, telling your spouse the truth might just help your relationship (and it might not) but telling yourself the truth is essential and I'm glad we have a forum, cheerful or not, where you felt safe to do so.

Welcome to the queer rainbow tribe my bi sister. Here for you if you need a shoulder or a friend. 3FC is very good at support.

Hugs,
RW
Old 08-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 215/210/165

Height: 5'10

Thank you so much for that! That was the first time I've said it out loud {or typed as it were} ....thank you for your kind words, glad to be a part of the tribe!
Old 08-29-2010, 12:44 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 212/212/147

Height: 5'3''

I am a lesbian. I met my partner in 1998 and we have lived together for 10 very hapy years
I feel very blessed in life in so many ways, and being overweight is the only thing I would change.
I was half the weight I am now when I met my partner, so she has really had to get used to me being very different.
Inside of me, is still that slim healthy person she met 12 years ago.
I know she would be dead chuffed if I lost some weight although I know she loves me whatever size I am.
It helps to spur you on,I think when you have someone you love encouraging you.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:14 AM   #110  
Gone Primal.

Smile Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades View Post
I am a lesbian....I know she would be dead chuffed if I lost some weight although I know she loves me whatever size I am.
It helps to spur you on,I think when you have someone you love encouraging you.
You are blessed indeed. My daughter is my biggest cheerleader.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:00 AM   #111  
Manifesting

S/C/G: 307/286/170

Height: 5'7"

Single divorced-from-a-man lesbian mother of three here.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:18 AM   #112  
Gone Primal.

Smile

Hi, Curiously Joyful, Welcome.

This thread isn't very active, but it could be. I'm on daily to post in the monthly exercise challenge. I've been doing this for most of this year and find it really helps me achieve my health goals. You're at the same weight I started at in January. I'm down a little since then. I love the support I receive from everyone here. Great mentors, so many who used to be my heaviest weight or even heavier who are now in maintenance.

Hope you have as much ease connecting here as I do.

RW
Old 09-06-2010, 08:39 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 189/188/165.....165/165/155

Height: 5'5.5"

Proudly putting the B in LBGT :-)
Old 09-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #114  
Gone Primal.

Welcome!
Old 09-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #115  
Aspiring Loser

Height: 5'9

Hey ladies

Introducing myself,

Another Bi-Chick-Married-To-A-Man here. My husband is quite supportive and understands that I am generally more attracted to females than males. (and honestly considers himself lucky!)

I've only been on 3FC for about a month, but I am glad to have found this thread!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #116  
Y U NO EAT RITE?

S/C/G: HW: 250

Height: 5 foot 7 and a heifff

Bi-sexual right here. I've been with my girlfriend for almost a year.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:32 AM   #117  
Gone Primal.

Welcome, Persicae.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #118  
Aspiring Loser

Height: 5'9

Yeah.. welcome..
Old 09-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #119  
Gone Primal.

I was wondering what support or what issues around being LGBT connect for all of us with our health/body issues. For me the stress of not coming out caused me to put on a lot of weight. I was at my healthiest before I became aware of how dangerous it was for me to live from a place of authenticity.

I've been out since 1994 and have a safer life full of integrity now but when I was a youth, I was terrified and ate my fear until I became morbidly obese. I was criticized socially for enjoying building muscles, for enjoying strength and for having an opinion. I responded by getting ulcers as a 9 year old by trying to be someone I wasn't in order to survive. Makes me look at our youth today with a differently informed eye.

How does your orientation and your social support system affect your weight or health?
Old 09-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #120  

Hi everyone,

I am gay (lesbian) and have been married to my partner for 3 years now, we have been together for 4 years though. We have a (almost) 2 year old son together.

Well, the comfort of marriage and then pregnancy has not been kind to my body! We would like to have another baby but my weight is standing in the way (pcos & insulin resistance - solved by losing weight). We spent thousands on fertility treatments and IUI's last year and the beginning of this year to no avail. We will probably try again next year but I have to lose the weight 1st.

I am glad to have found this forum with like-minded people! Looking forward to chatting with all of you!
Closed Thread