Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:20 PM   #76  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome going2Bhealthy & Sunrose.

I did okay today as of eating. I dipped below my calories, but hey - at least I wasn't over! I didn't head to the gym, either. Hmpf. I'm in bit of a bitter mood so I think I'm taking it out on myself. Tomorrow's a new day and I WILL be going to the gym.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:26 AM   #77  
Made of Starstuff

Ahoy Equinoxers!

Hi Sunrose So glad you decided to start posting here! We're glad to have you!

Wormwood - You'll kick that gym's butt today!

--

Yesterday:

Exercise: 35 minutes on the tread! I didn't have any incline, because I didn't want to push it. So it was a "light" exercise. It still felt good.

Food: Oh the protein I ate yesterday. My body was craving protein (probably due to all the exercising I did) and I totally gave in. Not in a bad way I just allocated most of my points to protein or food with protein in it yesterday. (Today I don't feel as much of the protein need... back to normal)

Water: Splosh! Drank it all!

It was a lazy day... but I did go to the gym. I just thought of having to say "I missed the gym" and it made me go. I'm glad I did.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

oh, ick, weighed myself this mornin. rude awakening. i have gained back every single pound i lost . boo-hoo! well--trying to eat healthy while staying on the "no grocery shoppin&get rid of everything in pantry cuz we are flat broke" diet. sheesh! *grin*
faerie-am taking a page outta ur book and hydtating like mad-woman. thx for reminder
Old 01-12-2009, 10:39 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the warm welcome, Robot, WormwoodDoll, and Faerie!

You are all really motivating me to get back on the exercise wagon! I fell off sometime over the summer and have had a super difficult time jumping back on. I am a teacher, so the summers seem to go pretty well (at least when I care), but as soon as school starts, I become super overwhelmed and stressed, and then stop exercising - which is the one thing that would best help me deal with the stress, I am sure!

After maintaining about a 15 pound loss from the summer, I am ready to start again. So far I've been eating great (since January 2nd), so I need to give myself credit for that, but in the next week or so I really want to start exercising again. I have a treadmill and the 30 Day Shred DVD, so maybe I'll do a combination of both or something.

Thanks to everyone for being here! Looking forward to hearing how your week is going!
Old 01-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #80  
Made of Starstuff

Heyall!

Yesterday:

Exercise: 35 minutes on the tread with random incline adjustments. All good.

Food: On Plan Straight-forward.

Water: Got it all down!

A normal On Plan day!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:42 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 188/174/133

Height: 5ft 6

Oooooh me!! *waves arms around in the air* Can I join in??

I was directed to here in my Welcome thread and what better way to get in shape for Ostara!! (Just in time for all those pesky chocolate eggs that are around).
Old 01-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 205/184/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!
Thought I would check in so that this wouldn't be just another one of those Sunday afternoon attempts of joining a forum only to completely abandon it in the days to come... ha. I am really trying to be serious about it this time.
I've been doing a terrible job of eating lately, I have been having a rough time of getting back into the school thing (I'm a grad student), I had to put one of my cats to sleep, which broke my heart, and I have a part time job caring for an older man who is going downhill pretty fast. So I know WHY I'm eating emotionally, I just haven't figured out how to STOP!
In past attempts to lose weight I would have told myself that this was a bad time, and that I could try again "later" but I have been fighting that feeling and going to the gym pretty regularly, which is good. I've only put on 2 pounds as opposed to the 10 I probably would have with all the eating I've been doing.
Reading your posts is great, I am SO trying to keep motivated to keep up with this and I think being around here is already really helping. So thanks!
Old 01-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #83  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome to our lovely challenge, wabe!

pokie - Sorry about your kitty cat . We're here for you!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #84  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Wabe! Jump on in! Tell us about your goals for the upcoming equinox.

Pokio - Glad to see you posting! So sorry about your cat and about the man you're caring for. I am a true believer that even breaking down one barrier to weight loss is amazing and deserves extreme praise. You no longer have decided that this is a "bad time to try". And it's hard, but you're making some good choices despite that. And by equinox you will be better off having stuck with the changes.

---

Yesterday:

Exercise: Yeppers! 36 minutes on the tread with inclines.

Food: Was okay. Maybe not the greatest food choices... (2 Weight Watchers Chocolate Muffins, some other processed stuff...) BUT I did stay within my points. So it wasn't a total loss, and I've done worse.

Water: Chug! Got it down.

Just a ho-hum day, yesterday.

Today, I woke up a little later (11:45!) and am having a bit of a struggle getting my arse to the gym. I think I need a kick in the bum!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #85  
Here We Go Again

Welcome Wabe!

*Kicks Faerie in the tush*

So Tuesday I did the hip abduction at the gym and my...my..my are the inner thighs just screaming. It didn't help that yesterday at work I was doing a million squats while dusting the whole store, then all the climbing & lifting while organizing our back room and stock room. When I got home I knew I wasn't going to be able to go to the gym. I must've pulled something in there while working.

I'm going to do some light house cleaning to keep my legs moving, then just head to the gym for 30 minutes and work my abs and arms tonight. All else is good, I've been OP for 12 days now.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Tragically late as I usually am, I'd still like to join in if you'll have me.

Last Friday (the 9th) I was 231.6
Today I'm 228.4 (just losing quickly because TOM water is coming off).
I have 9 weeks...so I'm going to aim at 20 pounds. That will put me at 208- so close to onederland and 80 pounds lost all together.

Does this sound reasonable to anyone?
Old 01-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #87  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Kelly Jump on in! That's a little over 2 lbs a week. Not undoable. At the very least you'll end up super close to Onederland

--

Yesterday:

Exercise: (Thanks for the kick in the bum, Wormwood) Got off to the gym for a good 35 minutes. Running/Walking/Little Incline on the tread.

Food: Used 2 extra FP, but that's what they're there for, right? All good!

Water: Drank it all!

Not a bad day. Not a bad day at all... And those stickers are adding up on my calendar.

Today is my Weigh-in at WW. We'll see what a week and a half of good choices will do for me.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:28 AM   #88  
Here We Go Again

Yay, Kelly. Of course you are welcomed to join. I'm aiming for 195 High hopes, I know! I'd be happy to see Onderland. I'm really going to push it the next 9 weeks. I plan on hitting the gym 6x a week for at least 30 minutes.

Faerie, I don't know how you do the treadmill! I hate it. I can walk miles, but I can't stand being on the treadmill for two seconds. I love the elliptical and the bike. My new favorite machines at the gym are the hip abduction and the sit-up master.

---
I went to the gym tonight. I did 15 minutes on the bike, 10 on the elliptical, worked my thighs (OHHHH BABY), did some light arm work, and did about 50 sit-ups.

I ate OP. I missed breakfast again today since I didn't get out of bed until 1PM So, of course, I went to Starbucks and had a treat but stayed within my calories.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:29 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 188/174/133

Height: 5ft 6

Thats a point, I never said what I wanted to lose!! I shall aim for 20lb as well

Lost 3lb this week which made me happy!! Need to pick up on Excercise again. Haven't done anything decent since November probably. Might make up a Cardio/Boxing routine along to some of my fave music this weekend If I have time to Choreograph something like that!!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #90  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome, Kelly!

Wabe, congrats on the 3 lb loss!

I'm at 202, which is a pound down. I worked hard most of the week and destroyed it last night with a binge. Ugg. 1 pound is better than nothing.
Closed Thread