Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #61  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

sheesh. so i weigh every day and this morning was up up up. and the day went all to hades. no time for exercise. sat on me arse all day preparing my presentation for school, i get to class and a classmate bought me a box of friggin chocolates! out of the blue. he said he saw them, noticed they were vegan so he thought of me. of course, i ate like half the friggin box sittin in class. then...i had to eat dinner on campus and managed to not do that until 8 p.m. (i usually try not to eat after 6:30/7ish) and here i am with more work to do, so more sittin on me arse. arse-sitter. that's me.

bleh.

goin2be - good to read a cheerier post from you. you sound like you are in a better place

wormwood - i agree, crappy day or no crappy day. we can do this, yo. you hear that, chicas? damn skippy.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:00 AM   #62  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Yeah, I'm feeling the positive vibe! I weighed in this morning, it said 202.4 so up 1.4lb from last saturday, but that doesn't really surprise me! Pay day on thursday so only two more days of pasta, rice or a sandwich for dinner
Ollie, a crappy day every once in a while will not kill ya, plus school work is important so as long as it's not an excuse (which is doesn't sound like it is) then at least you're staying productive. Take each day as it comes and start again today! Nothing ever runs smoothly
Old 11-18-2008, 10:47 AM   #63  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

I hate weight fluctuations. I try not to weigh myself everyday, but I tend to get obsessive. So don't feel down ladies if you gained a little. I heard a quote before that said, "You're not a quitter when you fall. You're a quitter when you stay on the ground."
Old 11-18-2008, 12:17 PM   #64  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Yeah. I have gained a slight addiction to ham&cheese hot pockets. I buy a big box for my FH [he loves them]. I ate one the other night just for a quick meal, and now all of a sudden it's all I want to eat! I'm thinking it may be because they're a "bad" food, but won't set me off for my calories for the day, AT ALL. Terrible, terrible, terrible. I can't wait to do foodshopping Sunday. I'm gonna have to find something to replace these damn hot pockets!

Robot I try to stay off the scale, but I can't. I like seeing what my body does over the week. It read 226 this morning, but I hope it dips below 224 at least.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:35 PM   #65  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

I'm a scale addict also. I weigh every day...sometimes twice. But, I have to know if I'm screwing up!
167.5 this morning, but I just had pizza and ice cream cake for lunch....
I may not eat for the rest of the day. and I'm def doing cardio tonight to burn it off.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:45 PM   #66  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

1 lb - not a lot but it does add up.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:13 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

wormwood--i hear ya;hot pockets are the divil!! they must be chock full of flavor enhancers etc..cuz you just can't get enough of 'em. i had to wean myself off of them..lucky for me you can't easily get them here in german supermarkets.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:18 PM   #68  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

ew. hotpockets are gross. read the ingredient list and you may never eat them again.
That being said, I love the lean cuisine panini, so much that I refuse to read the ingredient list.
had the minor binge yesterday, worked out like a mad woman and didn't register a gain so thats good.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:01 PM   #69  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

thanks goin2be for the words of wisdom. actually, considering how much crap to clean/things to doaround hose/for school etc. etc. i am managing to hold it together fairly well. hope your vibes still kickin :

i'm an every morning weigher. it does me good for the rest of the day to even see that it's down two-tenths of a pound ya know?

replace hot pockets with Amy's frozen burritos. a tad bit more expensive, but organic, good for you and sooooo delicious. yum-friggin-y.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:47 AM   #70  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

I don't buy the hot pockets for me. Their for the FH. Haha. I've just been so tempted. I love anything by AMY. Yum, yum!
Old 11-20-2008, 06:43 AM   #71  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Ok, I just googled the hot pockets and I'm a little horrified! Though, to be fair I really don't like cheese and I REALLY don't like those types of processed meal/snack thingies. Of course, I do have my vices which I am trying desperately to steer clear of, but there is a half opened packet of biscuits my bf left here... they are sitting in a tin so I'm pretending they don't exist and have put my supplements on top of the tin in the hope having to move them will make me think twice and it seems to be working!! Now I just have to get through work without eating any junk

Ollie, I'm still feeling the vibe, for being healthy anyway. Now I've just gotta put that vibe into practise Normally I leave everything to the last minute and then panic like a crazy woman and rush around trying to do everything at once. It's like that everyday, even just to sort out getting ready and getting to work on time. I'm hopeless I'm quite impressed you're still keeping on track and staying positive with everything
Old 11-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

ugh. i am such an emotional eater--when i am depressed to cheer myself up, when i am happy to celebrate, when i am bored to pass the time etc.etc. you get the drift. i know this about myself. i do. but just today i had a "belly epiphany" it took only 3 weeks off plan and my belly is hanging over my jeans. again. sigh. i feel like i can't find the time (or money) to eat healthily and prepare long-term meal plans etc. so i might have to rethink my solstice goal. how do you guyses keep on track? do you plan long-term? throw everything out of the pantry that's bad? i guess i cannot just eat that one pastry, that one danish. help??!!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 238/221.4/160

Height: 5' 10''

wow. I haven't checked in. I've been so busy. Well, I went to the doctor and thier scale said I was like 238 that's gross. After about a week of eating good and being on Alli (plus workouts) I weighed myself at home and it said 233. That made me happy, but I wasn't sure about the difference in scales. So, another week or so goes by and I weigh myself at the gym at college and the scale says 227. Hm, I know it might be a few pounds off because of the different scales but it has to be some improvement right?

So, what is the most accurate type of scale? The one you step on? The digital one? the one you stand on with the slidey things like the doctor's have? I know the fit of your clothes is more important, but I need a little motivation in between sizes. Its much more encouraging to see a pound or two gone each week than wait a whole month or more for a new dress size.

My pagan fellowship has a member from egypt. I'm taking private bellydance lessons from her now. I really think it is not only fun, but is a goal. Just wanting to be skinny isn't a good goal so I told myself I'm going to work really hard at belly dance and in my junior year at college (I'm 1/2 way through my freshman year) I'm going to be in Chelonia which is this huge dance festival the college dance dept. puts on.

I thought it was a good goal beucase last year I took modern dance here and while a got a B I was pretty much ignored by everyone including the teacher becuase I wasn't "dance" material. Luckily, I'm making improvements to prove them wrong with a type of dance that is great for all shapes and sizes.

Well, I'm rambling. I'll continue to use the scale at the gym (its like the doctor office one) and by Yule I hope to be at 215 lbs. I expect the weight to go fast for another two weeks or so (as it always does for us large lovelies at first lol) and then even out to 1 or 2 pounds a week. That's about 12 lbs to go! I can DO this! Whoot!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:23 PM   #74  

Jandaman I think you're beating yourself up. A lifestyle change is going to take time and some mistakes, even big ones. The fact is, you made a choice. Because it was a choice you made and realized it was a mistake there is not reason to feel guilty. You need to pick yourself up and go forward, don't look back. I always tell myself when I get discouraged that each and everyday from here on out I'll be a little thinner and a littler healthier no matter how fat I feel. When you look in the mirror and you see that belly over your belt just think that you're doing somethiing about it. I like to come on here and look at the pics before I eat. Even better do 25-50 crunches before you eat so you won't waste the opportunity to follow it up with a healthy meal. Otherwise, you'll feel like you wasted energy on crunches. If you need support just ask! You know we're all here for you!

P.S.-Yes, ditch the crap in the pantry. You can't eat it if it isn't there. Make a grocery list and stick to it. Don't bring too much money when you're out and about so you don't spend it on fast food or extra junk food for your pantry. I know falling off the wagon is discouraging but it will happen. 1 day or 1 month long backslides happen. Everything is going to be ok. Check out the book Mindless Eating by Wansink. I think it will really put things into a better light for you! Good luck hun!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:27 PM   #75  

On another note, eating at work is a big challenge for me. I work the grill for breakfast and lunch at our school snack joint. Whenever I see those fresh french fries in the basket with cheese I think about a flat sexy tummy shimmying to belly dance music. Its what I want most. Sometimes I even bring a picture with me of Zoe Jakes (a famous dancer) and stare at it when I feel like binging on the fries. If you do get hungry though don't deny yourself. You should be eating something small and healthy every 2-3 hours like a banana or some healthy whole grain crackers. For the gal who snacks at work, bring something with you that you love to eat and is healthy. Don't pack bland stuff or you;ll dump it and pig out on the "tasty" junk food. I hope this helps. We're in the same boat my dear!
Closed Thread