3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Happy Autumn, Everyone! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/152071-happy-autumn-everyone.html)

Lovely 09-22-2008 08:21 AM

Happy Autumn, Everyone!

Autumn... my favorite... *contented sigh* :)

Just wanted to wish everyone a fantastic season!

MotoMichelle 09-22-2008 12:52 PM

My favorite too. :D

Happy Autumn, all!

jandaman 09-22-2008 01:23 PM

my fave, too..started WAY too early this year, tho *surly surliness*

lizziep 09-22-2008 01:34 PM

happy autumn!

anybody doing anything? i'm making a nice dinner for me and the hub... maybe go for a walk or something. it's a little bit gloomy today which is a bummer though was hoping for sun.

ghost 09-22-2008 01:57 PM

BAH! Autumn! Our weather forcast is calling for "frost". I like autumn too, its not winter yet, but I have winter anxiety this year big time. Last winter was so long and hard for me. I don't know if I'll be able to do it without going insane this year. Like, not even joking here. The thought of winter is ruining my autumn.
I went cranberry picking yesterday, that is a traditional autumn activity for my family. I love the colors of fall, I just wish I could enjoy it without having a panic attack about impending snow doom.

jandaman 09-22-2008 03:05 PM

awwwww! cranberries don' grow on this continent. :( i've been making yummy soups and stews...hiking along the rhine
river. snow doom?

MotoMichelle 09-22-2008 03:09 PM

Every Monday I have a social thing, so I knew we wouldn't be celebrating today. So yesterday I cooked up a nice roast with carrots and potatoes.

It's still summer weather here, so a bit hard to get into the Autumn mood. Once the cooler weather actually comes around I will have a small, personal celebration again.

Lovely 09-22-2008 03:15 PM

It's definitely fall weather here in New England, (or what I consider the Falliest Fall that ever Falled :lol:).

In the immediate sense, I'll be exercising, and then going home to a lovely homecooked meal.

Over the course of Autumn, I hope to go apple picking this season, and, of course, later on pick out a wonderful pumpkin for carving & display.

And then, also, of course, getting married. (That counts as doing something right?)

MotoMichelle 09-22-2008 04:28 PM

Faerie congrats! What a wonderful time to get married. :congrat:

carinna 09-22-2008 04:40 PM

I'm really more of a summer girl, but thanks for the wishes. ;)

Lovely 09-22-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotoMichelle (Post 2373852)
Faerie congrats! What a wonderful time to get married. :congrat:

Thank you! :D

ollie27 09-27-2008 12:21 PM

congrats on the hitchin' Faerie! thanks for the autumn well wishes. my favorite season is spring and me being a new comer to new england i'm kinda getting anxious about winter, but i'm telling myself not to dwell and enjoying the tea kettle working overtime.

jandaman 09-29-2008 05:12 AM

ooo faerie! congrats galore....sorry, totally overlooked that v. important info :) what with all the hot steaming tea- falling leaves- cranberry pickin -romance goin on. what kind of ceremony are you having?

Lovely 09-29-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie27 (Post 2382312)
congrats on the hitchin' Faerie! thanks for the autumn well wishes. my favorite season is spring and me being a new comer to new england i'm kinda getting anxious about winter, but i'm telling myself not to dwell and enjoying the tea kettle working overtime.

Thanks! And :welcome: to New England! :D It's lovely, I promise you. Okay... driving isn't lovely, always. It's more ice, than it is snow depth. On a wintery note, it's becoming so that once each year there's a snowfall that, I swear, is fairy dust. It's all sparkly & soft... I hope we get one this year so that you can enjoy it. It's truly magical-looking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jandaman (Post 2384347)
ooo faerie! congrats galore....sorry, totally overlooked that v. important info :) what with all the hot steaming tea- falling leaves- cranberry pickin -romance goin on. what kind of ceremony are you having?

Thank you! It'll be a very small ceremony. We'll be outdoors at a tiny Bed & Breakfast Inn. Immediate family, only 12 people will be there. We'll just be having a simple gathering, a short vow-exchange, and a quick flower exchange unity-type ritual (for lack of a more appropriate word) where he hands flowers to my family members, and I to his. A little "we're all family now" thing. Then it's a family dinner afterwards. That's it. But, it's very much so what we want so the fiancee & I are excited.

zenobar 09-29-2008 11:30 PM

Faerie - just wanted to agree with you that fall is, in fact, the absolute best time of year, and I wanted to wish you the most wonderful fall wedding!

(I have big plans for a fall wedding, too. Only, I suppose I ought to find a groom sometime...)

Today was the first really fallish day here in Ann Arbor. Chilly, a little overcast, the smell of yellow leaves on the wind... Heaven.