3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Musical Playlist Request and Introduction (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/150911-musical-playlist-request-introduction.html)

xYourBelleMortex 09-05-2008 10:17 PM

Musical Playlist Request and Introduction

Helllllooooo ladies.

I haven't done the official "introduction" as of yet - and I had something to post so i figured I would combine the efforts.

Word. So - onto the amusingness. My name is Paula and I am from Boston. Novelist/ Journalist. At 27 I still go to shows, but instead of being squished up front, I just use my press pass to get backstage. I guess I just have a different perception of how to enjoy shows now a days lol. Me old self just can't handle them youngsters.

So there was this thread last week about music we like that inspires us to keep going. So. I am proposing this.

First - you guys have got to listen to this band that I randomly found today called "Does it offend you, Yeah?" I downloaded it after a quick listen and I have not found an indie band yet that was as "work out-tastic" as this one. I did 50 extra minutes just listening to it over and over.

So I added a good chunk of it onto my playlist. I am thinking that we should compile a playlist and post it on iTunes. The alterna workout one they have on itunes- in my opinion - sucks.

So, most of us probably have that CD, or iPod, labeled Work Out Jams - post yours on here. I am doing some updating and will post mine in a few.

!!!! - Paula

xYourBelleMortex 09-08-2008 01:18 PM

Alright ladies, here it is.

I'm Ready - Jack's Mannequin
XFire - The Bens
Practice makes perfect - Cute is what we aim for
Shake It - Metro Station ( Not proud lol)
Something Happened on the Way to Heaven - Phil Collins (shameful)
I don't wanna be in love - Good Charlotte (hides face)
Roam - The B52's
You don't know me - Ben Folds
Conviction Notice - Less than Jake
Even if it kills me - Motion City Soundtrack
The world should revolve around me - Little Jackie
Dawn of the Dead - Does it offend you, yeah?
Handle me with care - Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins.

xoxox - paula

MotoMichelle 09-08-2008 01:31 PM

I don't have a workout playlist specifically but I do have some favorite songs for working out:

APC - Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums
Korn - Here to Stay
Depeche Mode - John the Revelator
Billy Corgan - Mina Loy
Limp Bizkit - Rollin'
Justin Timberlake - Sexy Back (yeah, yeah I know hehe)
Prodigy - Spitfire
Tool - Stinkfist (most any Tool is good, but this is a favorite)

xYourBelleMortex 09-08-2008 02:54 PM

Yeah, the stinkfist bass intro would be good before you tackle any kind of an incline - it sounds like what you would play when you know impeding doom is before you. :)

I am gonna have to check out that Bill Corgan song.

mauvaisroux 09-11-2008 09:36 PM

I don't have a specific playlist - I bellydance so most of the stuff I work out to is middle eastern music, celtic and a bit of dark n' dancy thrown into the mix.

:belly:

xYourBelleMortex 09-12-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauvaisroux (Post 2357701)
I don't have a specific playlist - I bellydance so most of the stuff I work out to is middle eastern music, celtic and a bit of dark n' dancy thrown into the mix.

:belly:

Belly dancing is the coolest. I had this girl I went to school with, who was about my weight and just rocked it. I always applauded her for her courage. She had me come and body paint her in flames once when she did Firestarter. She looked ammmmmmazing. :D

mauvaisroux 09-12-2008 09:45 PM

Firestarter! - cool!

sarasynthesis 09-16-2008 02:12 PM

i find that 311 always puts me in a dancey, active mood, haha. and no doubt, cuz gwen has such an awesome style and i would kill to have her body, haha....

i think my musical tastes have not matured much since like 2002

xYourBelleMortex 09-18-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarasynthesis (Post 2364346)
i find that 311 always puts me in a dancey, active mood, haha. and no doubt, cuz gwen has such an awesome style and i would kill to have her body, haha....

i think my musical tastes have not matured much since like 2002

Haha, Nor mine sara baby, nor mine.