Favorite Tattoos

You're on Page 10 of 13
Go to
  • Great thread!

Right now my favorite tattoos are a large skull and heart, several stars, and "rage and love" in script that are on my right arm. My "dream" tattoo will be an angel with a guitar on the lower part of my left arm that I'm planning on getting once I get to goal.
  • Phoenixsmommy your tattoo is beautiful!!!! I first saw that picture on a trip to Germany and fell in love with it.

I currently have 1 tattoo on my left inner ankle. It represents the Dr. Seuss book "The Lorax" and the quote "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!"

7418_174782460733_644965733_4327196_5368027_n.jpg

Oops, I don't think I'm allowed to post pictures. It's the word "unless" in the font of the book.

• I'm a late bloomer tattoo wise I think my oldest is about 7-8 yrs old & it started as a unicorn which melded into some sort of sleeve,then my dagger on my lower back & my fav is the fairy on my right shoulder blade. Due to lack of proper tattooists (or so I think) in my country I wanted some sort of fantasy theme on the rest of my back & to properly complete my sleeve. I did see a pic once which I vaguely remember as a woman on some sort of balcony (think background like Greystoke) and she was holding a severed head! Gruesome to be sure but it would be AMAZING!!!!!!
  • I have this one on my arm that I'd like to get finished.

And I'd like to get some tattoo on my shoulder, still not sure of the design, but it will probably be birds.

• Oh how I love tattoos. A tattoo will be my ultimate reward when I drop this weight. I want a large tree on my back.

I would love at some point to get something on my arm or shoulder, but right now they're far too flabby for that business!
  • great thread!!

Paradise, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that!!!

This is my favorite one. I got it about two years ago spur of the moment with some friends who were visiting from the States.

It is just above my right elbow ( that is a fresh shot, you can still see bruising and smeared ink LOL) I worry about what it is going to look like when my arms get skinny!!!
  • I can't wait to get my tattoos. It's actually my reward for getting to my goal weight.
    Although people complain all the time about foot tattoos, I really want a vine across my left one. I'm planning on getting an oak leaf with the word Autumn across it(there is a meaning behind it). I'm not sure where to get it yet, though.

• this is my first and only tattoo. It's right after i got it, lol that's why you can see all the ink marks still.

later and when im thinner, i want to get a cherry blossom tree from my hip bone up the side of my ribs. My next tattoo will probably be a green butterfly with wings shaped like clovers on my wrist (im irish). Also my fiance has a tattoo on his arm, a family crest type symbol, i will get that tatooed on the back of my neck when we get married.
  • awesome!! my favorite subject Ever! so far, i have 14 tats. my biggest and most beautiful is wings on back. the right one is burning.- One wing in the fire. above it, it says, "live and let live" with a black star above that. and both my feet are covered, i have 12 roses on my upper thigh for my best friend who commited suicide last year, im still working on getting that one colored in, i have my initials, MAD, on my left wrist, a black star on my chest and my zodic sign on both colar bones, which looks like "69" so im trying to figure out what to cover it up with now. lol i think that's all of em. im obsessed with my tats and i LOVE talkin about all tattoos
  • I'm a tattoo virgin so far, but I've got several planned. I just need to learn to save up. And, I'm VERY picky about the artist I'll go to. I will not go to the local shop where I live- I much prefer to go to one in Albany...I spend a lot of time researching portfolios and looking for an artist who would suit my needs. I think I've narrowed it down, but I keep my eyes open.

Anyways-
    My first tattoo will be a B-25 on my right shoulder, flying towards the sky. After that, I plan on completing it with a full back piece- I don't have all of the details worked out yet, but it would start with a body of water at the bottom and work it's way up into a nature scene- mountains and forest, into a night sky which will fade up and become incorporated with the B-25. I think I'll start with color and as I go upwards and into the sky, will fade to black and gray.

The only other one I have planned thus far is something Halloween/October related on the right side of my rib cage, just under my breast. My favorite month, my favorite season, my favorite holiday. I haven't decided exactly on the design yet, but chances are it will be far in the future. I have an artist friend who I'll consult with and work on some sketches.
  • Thanks, Athene! I like yours, too—is that a spyglass or a Canon L-series telephoto?!

Don't know if anyone's still reading, but your tattoos are all gorgeous! WormwoodDoll and CatRocks, I LOVE yours.

I got my second today, another simple one.
    photo-2.jpeg
    It stands for equality (obviously!), specifically LGBT rights.

My next one is going to be the house from Up floating with the balloons, probably on the back of my calf. I'm saving that for my goal reward. I also want the scene from "The Missing Piece" in my avatar on my foot. That might be soon.

• All of my tats are animal/nature based, because that's the most important thing to me. I have others planned, including a mermaid on my right thigh, Poseidon on my left thigh, and two clusters on my back: one of birds (parrot, pelican, & peacock) and one of dark hunters (bear, wolf, jaguar).

Here's some pics of current tats:

My newest ..... "water horse"

I also have a traditional "tramp stamp" (LOL) on my lower back, it's a tiger face in the shape of a butterfly. The butterfly represents beauty and gentleness and the tiger represents stealth & strength. Also, a special tribute to my hero, Steve Irwin -on my right inner calf - it's a crocodile and sting ray, and my very first tattoo - a pink/purple seahorse on my outer left ankle. Sorry I don't have pics of those two!
  • Lush ! Best one is flowers and vine leaves on my fot. It hurt like crazy but is so beautiful and sexy. Also at the time it was my thinnest place !!
  • Quote: I also have a traditional "tramp stamp" (LOL) on my lower back, it's a tiger face in the shape of a butterfly. The butterfly represents beauty and gentleness and the tiger represents stealth & strength. Also, a special tribute to my hero, Steve Irwin -on my right inner calf - it's a crocodile and sting ray, and my very first tattoo - a pink/purple seahorse on my outer left ankle. Sorry I don't have pics of those two!
    I too have a butterfly with a cats face. I had it drawn up a few yrs ago.

The dolphin was my 1st. I kept it simple with my DS name
  • i have a bloody chainsaw. definitely my favorite