So what is an alternachick?

You're on Page 8 of 9
Go to
  • Wow, after all the time I've been on and off 3FC I didn't realize I WAS an Alternachick.
  • I want in on this too!

31 y/o career-shifting, regularly depressed, potentially bipolar, girly looking geeky introvert with a passion for rock music and gaming, Final Fantasy nut. And a childless by choice agnostic.

Oh, and I'm Scottish. That HAS to do it

I will freely admit that a large motivating factor for wanting to lose 100lbs is to dress up as Lightning from Final Fantasy 13 next Halloween...

So... Hi *waves*
  • Hi The Shiv. I totally get you...I want to lose weight so I can dress up as Belle (my favorite disney princess) for halloween. Good luck on your weight loss, Lightnings' costume kicks ***!
  • Hi The Shiv! The Halloween before last I actually thought I lost enough weight to fit into my Storm (x-men) costume and I thought that would be the beginning of something great but no. I wore it anyway. It wasn't even close to what I thought I'd look like. Ah well. I'm already working on next year's costume as Calypso from Pirates of the Caribbean and it involves a corset!!

The Shiv, my fav fav fav FF character is Lulu. I like her FFX costume with the long dress with the belts and the cute Moogle (did I type that right) that she carries around with her. Yuna is also one of my favs but I like Lulu's darker side. If I can pull off Calypso, I might attempt Lulu.
  • Quote: Hi The Shiv! The Halloween before last I actually thought I lost enough weight to fit into my Storm (x-men) costume and I thought that would be the beginning of something great but no. I wore it anyway. It wasn't even close to what I thought I'd look like. Ah well. I'm already working on next year's costume as Calypso from Pirates of the Caribbean and it involves a corset!!

The Shiv, my fav fav fav FF character is Lulu. I like her FFX costume with the long dress with the belts and the cute Moogle (did I type that right) that she carries around with her. Yuna is also one of my favs but I like Lulu's darker side. If I can pull off Calypso, I might attempt Lulu.
    You have great costume choices! I'm working my way back from FF13 (never had a ps2, but I've googled and Yuna's costume looks cool! Reminds me a bit of Fang's, clearly the long skirt aspect is appealing to me
  • I was always the girl with the dyed hair, band t-shirts, and black nails in high school. I've always been a bit of a loner and quiet. I enjoy the side of life that most people either don't notice or choose to ignore.

I have varying tastes in music, literature, and art. I like everything from hard rock to classical. I read everything, but I particularly love books about fairies and vampires. As far as art goes, I just like what I like. I do enjoy anime and videogames as well.

I like comfort and peace. I'm a very laid-back person. I'm perfectly content to sit in a chair with a blanket, a book and a cup of hot tea. I think everyone should just slow down and relax sometimes.
  • I have always been an alternachick, have never posted that I remember on this section of the forum but have been all over the 3FC block trying to fit in for decades lol. I define alternachick as an eclectic person seeking a fitness & weight management place to roost.
  • I am so totally an alternachick! I just seem to naturally gravitate towards everything outside of the mainstream - music, books, movies, hobbies, fashion, food, etc. If almost no one has heard of it, I love it. If it's popular, I hate it. I've come to love this about myself. It's totally groovy being the odd one.
  • Hey!

I drop into the alternachicks now and then, just to see what's up!

After some checking out the thread, I could be an alternachick.

Not like some, but still, I figured and alterna is someone who follows their own path, whatever that may be.

In my neck of the woods, I'm a bit of the odd girl out. I live on a farm, I raise an organic garden, I lift heavy weights for exercise, my best friend is a gay guy, who is a great cook, I work for a veterinarian. I have a tattoo! Looking for another one.

I'm also currently doing lots of learning about natural/holistic/herbal remedies for good health and healing.

I'm not a girly girl, although I can pull that off when the situation calls for it.

I can drive a tractor, run a loader and backhoe, deliver animal babies, don't mind getting dirty.

Basically, I like my lifestyle and don't really care what anyone thinks about it!
  • I'm pretty much an alternachick wannabe...I am a theatre geek and I love steampunk and I really want to dye my hair either a blue/teal or purple/pink ombre, and I love zombies and basically anything supernatural. The only reason I haven't dyed my hair or bought more steampunk clothing is because I kind of want to lose the weight before I spend money on stuff.
  • I am new here and suppose that this will be the place for me!!! I see a lot of "chicks" here that I have things in common with: Anne Rice (the dark stuff), video games, Tool, not fitting in with "soccer moms" (and good grief I live in soccer mom mecca!!!), LGBT lifestyle, etc. Yay!!!!

Nice to meet you all!!!
  • I love this thread so far. I have read all of it and I think I may have a little bit in common with all of you!
  • 'Old school' goth, checking in!

I'm almost 40, have pink and fuschia hair, love punk and industrial music, covered in tattoos and pretty much wear black every day. I think I fit in, here.
  • So glad to have found this!!! im at work so I only have a sec, could someone tell me how you get the little scale things at the bottom of your post?
    please and thank you!!! oh yea and HELLO !!
  • nodding my head at all your bios, I'm the same, a fan of rock and alternative since my teens but alternative in a lot of other ways. I've been an atheist, vegetarian with a liberal outlook on life for a long time, was living my boyfriend and kids before we were married at a time it wasn't the done thing. I always feel I was born about 20/30 years too early.