alternachicks chat-june

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • halloooooooo! where all my guapas at?
    yeah...brain fever due to winnie the pooh and chappelle show marathons. *sheesh* can't wait to hear from all y'all..hope ur weekends were fab.

ttfn! peace.

jan
  • Hey people, finally back after the server crash wiped me out *lip wobbling slightly* back to zero post count and waiting 30 days before I can get my tickers in my siggy - grrrrrrr. However I bet the peeps who run this show have had an awful time of it so I'm not gonna moan. How is everyone doing?

Another off the diet weekend - was my nipper's 14th birthday so we went for chinese then got a call from my girls that we were drinking so proceeded to get hidyassly drunk and spent all day Sunday being very very ill - then my period hit today which explains why i was so ill. Does anyone else have that problem? If I drink the day before I am due I get horrendously ill, far out of proportion to what I've actually drunk. Anyway it's back on it today.

Son is incredibly happy as managed to get him his new Epiphone Les Paul brand new off Ebay for 100 quid cheaper than any other deal we'd seen so he is bouncing like a crazy thing. And now his latest thing is showing me pictures of Trent Reznor's hair as apparently that is who he wants to look like LOL. I love watching him building himself an image that fits how he feels inside, becoming his own man. So to go with the new guitar and new potential hairdo he's now ordered himself a load of clothes - oh and 20 dollars worth of guitar picks! Gaaarrrrrrr, I love watching him grow up.

Anyway indulgent mum stuff over hope you guys are having a lovely week xx
  • Hi all!
  • Hello, I had to re-join as well, but that's ok. Nothing too interesting here today, the weather has been miserable for June...rain and wind, and apparently snow in some parts of the state O_O

I've officially completed my 1st week on WW, and lost a total of 5 lbs. I have this feeling that I've lost 0 lbs so far during week 2, so that's a bit depressing, but I still have to wait 'til Thursday to weigh myself and know for sure. The last 2 days I've been feeling horribly, horribly depressed for some reason, more so than I've felt in a long time. I'm hoping it will pass, because it's making it very difficult to stay OP.

I will have a more upbeat post in the coming days, I promise. Good to see life coming back to the boards a bit after the crash (sadness).
  • mornin'!

went off plan a bit yesterday as my students wanted to celebrate the last day. then i went way off plan when i met my fellow expats for a rousing round of trivia, cider and liter pitchers of mojito. now i'm craaaving craaaaving. i really am just so stoopid. hangovers always kill.
  • Hey everyone! looks like the crash also wiped out our June thread - thanks for starting a new one Janda!

I've been MIA this week as I have been busy at work and working late every night. I'm also trying to get all my things in order before going on holiday at the end of the month.

Hope things are well with all of you!
  • Hi all! I was on here forever ago and went through a bit of a detour. Back and ready to start losing weight again.

How is everyone?
  • personals time!

hi nix, i've never thought about how TOM can amplify hangovers..i just generally feel like aaarrghll when it hits..
    sounds like the son is ready to rock out! my mom also adores trent raznor. she's been to almost every concert they've given in europe. go figger!

meowcat-five pounds is nutheeng to sneeze at*grin*. how's ww workin for you otherwise? i remember the points tallying drove me nuts but i did lose about 12 kilos...

where are you headed mauvaix? two more weeks til summer oblivion for me..can't wait!!

and a big ole howdee fer riotgrrl&eastbaykitten
  • ah so there was a server crash! no wonder I showed a new message in my inbox that I already responded to!

so I was in Amsterdam for a week-ish, then Manchester for a weekend, then Dusseldorf for a week... am finally back now and it looks as though my stay in ONEderland was short lived. At least now I can have a wee bit of normalcy since I don't have to go anywhere for at least 3 weeks!!
  • Hey Everyone!
    As a little (well, not as little as I'd like) goth broad, it's nice to find this forum. Here's a something about me: I'm a 25-year-old vegetarian looking to lose 25 lbs. and look and feel as fit as I did 5 years ago.
  • welcome to the group Rachellia!
  • Quote: welcome to the group Rachellia!
    Thanks! I'm excited to get this ball rolling, and I think that going it alone is probably one of the things that has killed my motivation in the past.
  • One of my own biggest issues in the recent past was keeping silent about really needing support. For example, I told no one at work what I was trying to do, I did not really reach out here and I didn't ask my partner for help and support. For some, it's ok, for me it's a recipe for disaster!

We are happy to be supporting you!
  • Oh! Jan! I will def be in your neck of the woods mid july; will you be around then or are you on hols?

Would be so cool to meet!
  • howdee peeps

welcome rachiella..ummmm ur starting weight is, like, my goal weight. ah, well how doth the old adage go? diff'rent strokes fer diff'rent folks. ur gorgeous by the by...

velveteen -wlecome back chica! wish i were you....but i suppose u actually worked and had little time for tomfoolery and such *teehee* mid-july....awwwwww! will probably be up in berlin for my bff reunion! *shucks* it woulda been so cool to meet up.

my lil fur baby ms. boo tazer has gone missing..spent the day canvassing the area, dropping flyers in every mailbox, putting up posters etc. haven't heard anything so far.....