3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Things I would like to do in 2008 (or resolutions if you like) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/129948-things-i-would-like-do-2008-resolutions-if-you-like.html)

mauvaisroux 01-01-2008 11:28 PM

Things I would like to do in 2008 (or resolutions if you like)

1) reach my goal weight and maintain it;

2) increase my strength and flexibility by attending yoga classes on a regular basis;

3) continue improving my cardiovascular fitness by taking dance classes;

4) reach the point where my diet consists predominantely of whole foods;

5) correct or improve my sleep issues through diet, exercise and meditation;

6) establish night time and morning routines so that I will be organized in the morning and have a good start to my work day; and

7) feel healthy, fit, well rested and have more energy as a result of all of the above! :carrot:

I signed up for dance class over the holidays and my first class is next Tuesday - I can't wait!:belly:

MangoKitty 01-02-2008 12:17 AM

great thread! I would like to....

1.) FINELY hit goal weight and maintain

2.) Stop eating cheese (i'm lactose intolerant)

3.) Go to the gym regularly

4.) Find an apartment

5.) Wear a mini skirt by 2009!

rocket pop 01-02-2008 03:32 AM

My consciously made new year's resolution is respect: respect for my friends, my family, my enemies, and also for myself.

I realised that I have been far too hard on myself, and so part of this goal is to treat myself as I would a friend. That means not berating myself when things don't go to plan, but also pushing myself to do the things I need to do, like a good friend would... tough love :D

Of course, there is the weight-focussed goal. I'm aiming at getting back to my pre-depression weight, 66kg (that's around 148 pounds, I think). Since I will be loving myself and focussing on nurturing myself instead of hurting my insides with crap food, I'm thinking a lot more about making each meal one that will make me a little bit healthier :)

My loose goal for the weight loss goal is June this year, and of course respect is forever!!

MangoKitty 01-02-2008 05:09 AM

oooh i like yours Rocket Pop! I think that's something we could all stand to work on, respecting ourselves more, and other people too. I know it's something i should work on atleast, ::adds it to the list!::

mauvaisroux 01-04-2008 05:32 PM

Good resolution Rocket Pop! :)

Well I've also resolved not to drink any wine this month so that I can cut back on calories.

gaia2094 01-05-2008 11:24 AM

1) Love- Fall in love and, much more importantly, love myself every single day

2) Stop overeating the blah starches and cheese

3) Keep to my new workout routine

4) Organize my life, even if it means using thousands of sticky notes or spreadsheets

5) Meditate more

6) Luxuriate in my sensuality

7) Just be happier with me

8) Start employing my spirituality and beliefs in my everyday life

9) Celebrate the Sabbats and Esbats

10) Celebrate the Sabbats and Esbats with other people

Zen Pharmacy 01-11-2008 01:43 AM

I'm new to the forum, but I figure this as good a place as any to jump in.

1) Get a little later to spare my feet for those 10 hour days of standing for my internship this summer.

2) Get my feet and legs ready for hiking all over Alaska during the weekends this summer.

3) Be ready for a week of rock climbing in November (aka the Strong Arms! plan)

4) Finish my sleeve (see Strong Arms! plan above) and get started on my back piece.

5) And to finally, have the School of Pharmacy order me a new white coat because mine is undeniable too big.

If you can't tell, I've got a love of going outside.

(Nice to meet you guys)

Jmlstarz 01-11-2008 04:51 AM

Ok, I am also new to this forum. Here it goes!
1) reach my weight goal THIS year... no more excuses!
2) Cleanse my body by eating good whole foods
3) Improve my meditation skills
4) get outside more often
5) Swim more often (my fav exercise)
6) Find a good job!

MangoKitty 01-11-2008 09:45 AM

Great goals guys! Jmlstarz, that kitty looks so happy!

aphil 01-13-2008 11:25 AM

2008 goals: (Some are weight loss related, some not...)

~To get to my goal weight, and to start maintenance. I have to say, this time around has been the hardest for me, after baby #3.

~To get my flexibility and core strength strong enough, once again, to do some of the dance things that I finally mastered before my 3rd pregnancy happened.

~To make/try one new recipe each week this year. I had really gotten into a rut when it came to cooking/making meals for the family-and I want to break that. I have many low fat, low calorie recipes that I have copied/clipped over the years, but have never made. To encourage myself, I bought a new retro recipe box and recipe cards. My goal is to try a new recipe each week from my saved clippings, and if the recipe is a "keeper" then I will copy and store it in my box. If not, I'll toss the clipping. Either way, it will organize the pile over the year. :lol:

~To get my bedroom finished. :)

mauvaisroux 01-18-2008 07:20 PM

Good ones Aphil! :)

Heidijn 01-20-2008 12:30 PM

40 Points to turning 40

I've ignored this after initially being really geeked about it, so this is a good reminder of what I'l like to accomplish this year. I'll be 40 at the end of November, and it seems like it would be about time for me to grow up and get my act together! The inital thought was that I would have 40 things to accomplish, but I'm only up to like 26 on my list. Here's the tope 10:

1. Be punctual (I am punctuality impared! Which causes significant stress in my life)

2. Reach goal weight of 135 pounds

3. Stand at the starting line of the 5/3 River Bank Race (May 11, 2008, 25K=15 miles!) and be able to say, “I have trained. I am ready for this, and I know I can do it!”

4. Dress Confidently (I've been really slacking for the last couple of years.)

5. Enter financial transactions at least once a week

6. Be Pack Leader & Good Dog Mom

7. Reduce credit card debt by ½

8. Run at least 3x/week

9. Clean house thoroughly at least once a week

10. Keep up journal writing

RedPhoenix 01-22-2008 05:55 PM

Things I'm GOING to do in 2008.....

*Get into a house.

*Start taking classes.

*Get to my goal weight.

*Get a school picked out for my kid.

*Get an extra car.

*Grow my hair out at least 4more inches.

These aren't in order(some of them can't be put in order..)but as long as I get it all done by 01/01/09;I done well;).

broadabroad 01-29-2008 04:04 AM

What an excellent thread! I'm a bit late in chiming in, but:

1) Stay on-plan (and if I'm obliged to go off-plan for any reason, minimize the damage and get right back on-plan as soon as I have control over my food choices again);
2) Go to the gym at least 3 times a week (ideally every day, but AT LEAST 3 times a week);
3) By my birthday in August, be ready to work towards the Couch-2-5k running plan.
4) By my birthday in August, be able to buy and enjoy wearing shoes with heels.
5) Go to at least 2 of the following: Vietnam, Cambodia, Korea, Japan.
6) Pay my bills on time, all the time.
7) Go back to the choir that I joined, and work on getting better at singing.
8) Be in another play - but this time, don't look like Bride Of The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in whatever outfit I'm wearing!
9) Go to Belly Dancing classes.

Shorty1985 01-30-2008 10:22 AM

My resolutions for 2008:

~Lose weight (of course) I want to get to a good weight before i go visit my mom this summer... I haven't seen her in 2 years.

~Find myself. Love myself. Live for myself. (I broke up with my ex in the fall of 07 and we dated for 4 years.. so being single is still sort of new to me)

~Get everything prepared and learn all that I can- to open my own business in 2009

~Live every day to it's fullest!!!