looking for buddies with similiar goals....

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Can I join too??!!
    I just stumbled upon this website and this thread totally caught my eye!! I'd like to loose around 40-50 lbs. and finally be able to wear the clothes I want and shop in the stores I love!!
  • it has been said b4...the more the merrier! Ok so I didnt weigh in today... I was too afraid to...next friday I will face the music and weigh in...... oh and I finially decided on my short term goal.... 168 by halloween....I am doing something with an old ex and I wanna look good...lol...
  • Ok you gals got me all motivated! And let me tell you, that's no easy task! I have about 50-60 to lose total. Mini goal will be to lose 15 by Halloween. Actually, more like the friday before...Full Moon/Hallows Moon. 10 weeks. *eep* That will put me in onederland... I have not been there in QUITE some time (1999 to be exact!)
  • hey hey
    hey ladies..how is everyone doing??? I hope everyone is doing great, and totally motivated...(hehe sence the sarcasm). Tomorrow I am going to brave the scales...hopefully people will brave them with me

Oh has anyone ever taken Glucophage? If anyone has, how did it affect weight loss?? I am taking it for poly-cystic ovary syndrome...it is a diabetes medication....just wondering....

Hope u all are well
  • I lost 2 lbs this week!!!!
  • Horray for you! that's fantastic hun, keep up the good work!
  • I weighed on Friday at the Drs and I lost 8#s. It's my first week and I typically lose 6-8 the first week. Do not expect this to be a recurring theme for me! LOL
  • Congratulations WickedCrafty and magicalstasia- that's a great start!

I need to ramp up my exercise so I am doing a "fit through fall" regimen to get in shape before December. I would also like to fit into the clothes are our local Goth/Rock store - I'm always drooling over the clothing but can rarely find something that fits well.

Good luck to all of you!
  • grrr
    ok so I am having trouble losing weight... I know it is stress at work getting to me... I have a bad day and I come home and eat. Adding to the problem is the fact that I am on glucophage which is making me so sick to my stomach most of the day then I get home stressed out and I am starving finally on top of it.

So how is everyone else doing? Would anyone else like to start an exercise challenge in our little thread???
  • i'm sorry you're so stressed out and having trouble with food. what did you have in mind for the exercise challange?
  • hmm maybe we could start out counting minutes... like maybe 100 a week and increase it by 10 min. every so often????

Despite the trouble I am having I got on the scales today and lost 2 lbs!!!!
  • yay for you! i'm up for it! tho i think i probably do more than 100 min a week as it stands now... but it'll be good for me to actually keep track of how much i'm exorcising. i'm pretty sloppy about it at the moment
  • Stumbling in to say HI! I am Ava, and I have about 42lbs more to lose. I am up for a challenge if everybody else is! I was just asking a friend today if she wanted to do a little competition or something and she was very not into it, so I was on my own there.

Anyway, I will babble on and on if I don't end it here!
  • yay more people!!!
  • So how is everyone doing??? Man it has been forever since I got on here... I wasnt doing well with the whole diet thing so I didnt feel quite as bad if I stayed off of here...kinda defeats the purpose of it all though doesnt it? lol....