Old 06-23-2018, 09:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 191/185/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Anyone here tried Diet Bet!?

Anyone here done it? I've read mostly good things about it. I think it would be a really great motivator for me. I can play one game after another if I want or just one. I would have a goal of losing that 4% every month. As long as you meet your goal of losing 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks you won't lose anything and you actually win money in addition to your bet. How much depends on the bet, how many people are betting and the pot. Sometimes you just win a little extra and other times more. 4% for me would be about 8 lbs in 4 weeks. So 2 lbs a week. I'd have to do the smaller bets of $25-30. I would certainly have to improve my healthy eating.

Last edited by kandyrews; 06-23-2018 at 10:01 PM.
kandyrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:44 PM   #2  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/114/<116

Height: 5' 3.5"

I read about a few people doing it, so joined a 6-month Transformer at the end of January. Just coming up to the 5 month mark. Goal was fixed at 10% weight loss. Have to say it wasn't particularly motivating for me, just because I wanted to lose faster than that and so I've been easily within my goals every month so it wasn't a tool that made me more diligent with eating, but looking forward to hopefully getting the payout next month!! At the moment I've just about made my money back, but half of the total budget goes to the last month, so i'm estimating I should make about $100 profit by the end - but they've had hold of my $125 for 6 months and the monthly payouts are 'virtual', so you don't get anything til the end.

They certainly must make loads of money from everyone, and you have to ignore what they're making and just concentrate on what you're making. The plus side of that is that they take their earnings right at the start and from then they don't care whether you win or not therefore the website is very encouraging and you get lots of reminders etc (compared to other websites where you can bet on losing weight, but if you win, they lose, and therefore they're less proactive in reminding you or encouraging you to do well).

I haven't done any other kick-start ones, but if you search for all the games starting soon, it's probably best to pick the most popular one and then there's more money involved, so more chance of winning more back.
I'd like to do a maintenance one when I've finished this I think as I will need extra motivation to keep where I am, and I think it will work for that for me.

Yep, just read up on it, and if it sounds good to you then what you read is what you get.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/185/145

Height: 5'5"

Thanks ange82much I'm wanting to start with meeting small goals first that's why I thought I would do the Kickstart 4% in 4 weeks. I can't remember the maximum but I was thinking you just cant lose more than like 8 or 10% of your body weight. Something like that. Thanks for your imput. It definitely sounds like something worth giving a try.
kandyrews is offline   Reply With Quote