Old 06-07-2018, 06:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 137/137/128

Height: 5’ 3.5”

Default Intermittent fasting

Hello to all😊. I’m looking for others who are using intermittent fasting to lose weight
Anyone out there?
Catherine Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:46 PM   #2  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Catherine,
I'm doing zero/carnivore right now, but want to put it in a window. So intermittent fasting and occasional longer fast will be on the plate for me. Today I'm gonna have a six hour window.
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 07:46 PM   #3  

Hi all, I am new to the forum. After failing at many diets, but learning a few tricks along the way, this year was going to be different. I’m hypothyroid so gluten free looked important. And I started walking more. 10k+ steps daily. And after a few months, I struggled but finally dropped 10 pounds. Then I added on 16:8 intermittent fasting and have fairly easily dropped 20 more pounds. During that time I also went on a 2 week cruise and didn’t put on any weight, which is a miracle. My optimistic goal for this year was to lose 35 lbs (for our 35th wedding anniversary). Now it is to lose 50lbs, and no longer be obese. So so pleased with intermittent fasting.
Slimmersixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Greetings Catharine Rose and FinallyFree, hoping you are still around... How are things going? I did keto style (under 50g) for a bit in maintenance but got a bit carried away...seems like calories DO matter (at least to my body) - too much cheese, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimmersixty View Post
Hi all, I am new to the forum. After failing at many diets, but learning a few tricks along the way, this year was going to be different. I’m hypothyroid so gluten free looked important. And I started walking more. 10k+ steps daily. And after a few months, I struggled but finally dropped 10 pounds. Then I added on 16:8 intermittent fasting and have fairly easily dropped 20 more pounds. During that time I also went on a 2 week cruise and didn’t put on any weight, which is a miracle. My optimistic goal for this year was to lose 35 lbs (for our 35th wedding anniversary). Now it is to lose 50lbs, and no longer be obese. So so pleased with intermittent fasting.
Hi Slimmersixty: I am also hypothyroid (30g/day dessicated thyroid works for me - 2 months in), Celiac (seriously GF) with Fibromyalgia, and 16:8 IFing. I am up a bit from my goal since I've had family health issues and extra stress, but losing it and only about 8 lbs to go. Happy 35th anni, ours is 36. Happy for mutual support. Hope things are still going well for you as I see it's been a few months since you were on here.
Looking forward to a 'chat.'

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 11-13-2018 at 09:33 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:47 AM   #5  

I am new to this site and happy to be here for support. I would love to do the IF but am so hungry in the morning when I wake up. I would do the 12:12 fasting but would really like to do the 8:16- How do you all get by without breakfast? I know I could start it early but I think it would be better to do say an 10am to 6 pm time to eat. Do you just have coffee for breakfast and then the hunger will go away?
Bethany57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bethany welcome to 3FatChicks. Maybe you could ease into IF. Adjust your breakfast time by a little bit gradually. Are you eating low carb? Its not necessary but it makes the fasting a little easier.

Good luck to you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:06 PM   #7  

Default Breakfast in IF

I do 16:8. I usually have a cup of tea in the morning and a bunch of water. I am trying to drink 1/2 ounce per pound of body weight a day so if I get a jump on it in the morning it makes the rest of the day easier. I have “breakfast” at 1pm which is usually Cheerios and blueberries with some kind of protein. I eat nothing after 9pm. The good news is you can shift the eating window if you need to that day. So if I am meeting friends for lunch at noon, I start eating then and quit eating earlier.
Slimmersixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:07 AM   #8  

Hi I do intermittent fasting 3 to 4 times per week. I use it on alternate days because your body will eventually get used to it if you do it every day consecutively and you won't see results. My last meal is around 9pm and my first meal is around 2pm the next day. To keep feeling good throughout the day I consume red tea , black coffee and water. I use stevia as a sweetener. The red tea has many detoxing benefits and the black coffee will keep you satisfied. Also use a good training routine throughout the week. When you do have your first meal keep it healthy . I hope you get the results that you want

*Also check out kinobody on YouTube and Thomas Deleaur*
Fitness made easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:22 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Rose View Post
I am an intermittent fasting (16/8) beginner (1-2 weeks). Also going to gym to work out. Already noticed that i have less desire to eat.
It was a problem for me because previously cos i used to almost lost consciousness if not eaten for 2 hours.

Last edited by fanbrits; 09-27-2019 at 03:26 PM.
fanbrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 10:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi ! Is anyone following the (5.2 ) intermittent fasting window? I just read the book and I'm ready to give it a shot!
catcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 02:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 157/155/140

a couple of years ago I did the 5:2 and lost 16 lbs. I moved from the country and gained back 5 lbs. Time to get back into it.

I have found on fasting days to eat a lot of veggies to keep full. Eating a large plate of veggies and a small bowl of mashed potatoes for lunch today.

good luck everyone
wantochange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:10 AM   #12  

I just started doing intermittent fasting. My doctor recommended I start with 14/10 instead of 16/8. I fast from 6 pm to 8 am. I haven't been doing it long enough to judge how it will impact my weight loss but the benefits I already see are I sleep better and it has stopped my binge eating in the evenings.
arizonatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Good morning!
I've been doing IF since January 2019 (with a few derailments) My high weight was 318 - lost some before IF but gained back most. In December 2019 I read "The Obesity Code" and knew it was my long term solution. Started IF at 295, got down to the 250's. Took a break (got shingles and PHN and the meds were awful) Back on track since June 2020 and this morning I was 218!! 100 pounds weight loss. Woot!! I'm feeling so much better!
Change4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:28 AM   #14  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

congrats change4 life... are you also lowish carb or keto while fasting?

Im interested
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:40 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

I am doing low carb most days. I allow myself a "cheat meal" on the weekend if the scale has been moving in the right direction!
Change4Life is offline   Reply With Quote