Old 11-18-2016, 09:12 PM   #16  

Height: 5'3"

I just signed up with Nutrisystem. Anyone had any experience with it? My sister used it and lost weight and she didn't complain about the food, so thought I'd try it. I like that they encourage you to eat some of your own food. It is expensive but I got $40 off each of the first two deliveries and some free shakes plus I'll get 7.5% back from ebates.
I know about portion control and usually do not have a problem with my meals, but thought it might still help me by my being able to visualize what THEY say is a portion. It's easy to get off track when you are scooping up the food yourself. My biggest concern is that I won't like the food (I got so sick of Medifast food!) and secondly, I hate that dh and I won't be eating the same meals.

My problem times tend to be more my lunches and snacks and times when I don't cook for dh. Esp with choices in types of food at lunch. If I have light food I like (like I did today), I eat great for lunch, but sometimes there is nothing that looks good to me and I just grab what does.We also tend to get our own dinners at least a couple times a week..and that can get me into trouble too. I often don't care for the leftovers or the foods that dh likes. So I just sorta snack...eating this and that all evening. It's when I get in that "snack mode" I get into trouble. So I plan to use their meals when I have nothing that I will make a healthy meal from on my own. Hope that makes sense. So they should last me a little longer than a month. The hardest part will likely be eating only their small snack in the evening.

What spurred me to do this is my fear of the medication the doc wants me to take for my cholesterol...you may remember I stopped taken the statin drug because of memory/issues. I also previously stopped another statin because of terrible leg pain. Now this drug is supposedly very powerful, is taken only once a week and can do all the same nasty things. I read online of many people who had a lot of muscle pain with it. They (statins) also can cause muscle wasting and weakness and I'm like that enough. My cholesterol right now is only borderline...so I'm hoping if I can lose weight it might help. My tryglycerides are more of a problem. I signed up for the diabetic program so it should also help with my bs as well as the fats and cholesterol. Just hope it tastes ok... The pharmacy will be shipping the med out soon...hopefully at no cost ..so I think I'll just let it come but not tell my doctor I'm not taking it til I see if I can do it with weight loss. If not then I'll tell my new doc and go from there.

Last edited by maryea; 11-18-2016 at 11:59 PM.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 06:55 PM   #17  

I had a bit more energy to day and not coughing very much so I am washing a load of laundry and also trimmed our hydrangea. I dreaded doing it because it is kinda large and the other day when I cut back three small hostas I was just shaking and shook for a couple hours. That's how weak I am. But I did it and felt weak while doing it but did not shake so much so I think I am gradually getting stronger. Dh helped me with picking up all the debris, thankful as my back was hurting, but I knew his was too. Still feel very tired all the time. I have one more load of laundry to do today and dinner tonight but think that is the extent of my work for today. It will just take time I guess to get back to my usual routine.

I went to my gs' basketball game last night because it was his last one and only my second one to watch. He is so cute out there but really didn't seem to have his head in the game last night I think maybe he was tired. Now one of my gds is starting basketball...she and her mother have really been looking forward to it starting again.

Carol - I try to limit my fats and since I don't eat much animal products I feel like I don't eat much fat, but when I track my eating, I do get too much most days. I have cut back on my pb and SB, and the very occasional mayo I eat. I think most of it is our frequent eating out. Dh has been bringing home fast food now and then and even though I only eat a small (no cheese) hamburger and share the small fries, I think that may be too much plus we usually eat out once a week at sit down restaurant. Last night after the game, I was tired so instead of coming home and cooking we stopped at the Panda and I'm sure that's a lot of fat. We always get a two entree which we share and last night I was pretty careful about how much I ate but then came home and ate too many snacks. I also think some of my fat may come from the snacks I shouldn't be eating too. If I just cut them out I bet it would drop some. This is why I am not sure I can stick to the nutrisytem but will try. Medifast food was so full of fiber and protein I have to admit for the first couple months, I was rarely hungry and I hope this will be like that only with better tasting food. Will see. Also it is not just packaged food, it is also frozen which might be better. So far I have never taken anything for my triglycerides. As for cholesterol, I think all the statins are about the same as to the side affects, although I've been told that some cause more leg pains for instance than others.

My schedule is so off from dh's since I sleep in so long these days (unless I go to the gym). It's almost 4 and I haven't had lunch. Going to ask dh if he could just dinner earlier tonight (if he hasn't snacked already). I am not the slightest bit interested in chicken stir fry but it would be a healthy meal. Trouble is I can hardly keep my eyes open right now.

Take care...

Last edited by maryea; 11-19-2016 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:45 AM   #18  

I'm up early for me because we have an appt to talk with a Humana insurance rep about the changes for 2017. I have a lot to do today so guess it's good I'm up. The lady didn't cut my hair short enough on top last time and it has grown so fast and I don't know what to do with it, plus my head and ears itch with it this long. So hope to get a haircut after the meeting. Then home to do other things.

My breakfast this morning (I'm drinking it right now) is one of those Fresh Start Smoothie Blends from Costco. It's all kinds of fruit and veggies frozen and you add it to 12 oz water. They aren't bad. I usually add some Splenda but this morning I added a scoop of vanilla protein powder instead and it's sweet enough. I forgot to check my bs but my weigh held...still 1# above sig though.

Very little coughing last night and so far this morning. Maybe this thing is over, sure hope so. And I think I feel a little stronger today.

You all have a good day.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:12 PM   #19  

Been decluttering my freezer in preparation for all the frozen foods I'll be getting soon. The meeting we went to had almost nothing to do with us...I didn't feel like sitting there (sleepy) so I was kinda irritated by it esp as it's the second time this happened. I asked the reception if there is a way they can let us know and she said it's in the letter...well, I didn't see the letter and apparently dh didn't read it well. Oh well, there were one or two that we could have found out by reading the book but I got through it. I just hate wasting time unless I'm enjoying it.

I did get my haircut and when we checked it had been less than 3 wks since the last time, but it was the way she cut it last time. She left it too long on top and in back. Actually she had to cut quite a bit off..but it was 1/4 inch in some places and more in others. Anyway, I'm glad I did it. Dh didn't think I needed a haircut but I knew I did; but I sure didn't tell him how little time it had been. He already said, seems like you just got it cut last week.... well he was almost right! My hair grows fast and I can't stand the itching.

Well, much to do..so better get to it before I crash again. Hope you are all having a good week..

Last edited by maryea; 11-22-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:56 AM   #20  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

It's a nice sunny day right now. There is talk of showers some time during the day.

We've had kind of a bonus week. Maddie was invited to go to day camp with a friend, so we've had kind of a little break from our kid watching duties.

I'm procrastinating here today. Gotta get the place straightened up and some cleaning done. But, I have been so achy lately, I'm not looking forward to the increased aching I'm facing for my effort. Sara and the kids and Jason are coming over on Friday for Thanksgiving. I don't keep up with things good like Mary does. Partly because it is mostly just Steve and I. We aren't big social people. So the cleaning and taking care of the clutter kind of gets let go and we keep busy with other stuff. The only people that come here really are Sara and the kids and Jason. They won't think less of us if it isn't spotless and not cluttered. And when they do come, they usually aren't here very long. Also, a lot of the clutter is Maddie's stuff, and I just get discouraged ~ it is like an endless battle. I get it straightened up and before long, it is messy again and it makes me just kind of give up ~ until I can't stand it anymore, then I fix it up again.

Yesterday, my back was hurting quite a bit. I think this colder weather makes me more achy. I went to the mail box (a couple houses up the street) yesterday and just that little bit ~ my back was really aching after that. I am so out of shape. My eating is still not good. I'm not bad all the time ~ sometimes I am doing the right thing, but doing the wrong things more than I should be. I want to get back on track after our gathering on Friday. Both with eating right and moving more.

Having Sara and Jason both here will be a lift for my spirits. We used to all get together at Sara's place for the holidays. It was nice to be all together. But when Sara got divoriced, that changed the holidays. It was sad. She continued to do things with her ex for the kids sake. So, that meant that there was no more family gathering. Jason wouldn't even come spend time with us. It made him feel so sad that things weren't like they used to be. Also, Sara and Jason had a falling out (caused by her ex) and weren't speaking. Finally just in the last month or so, they have started getting along again. It had been about 3 years that they didn't speak. So, I was one happy mom when they began getting along again. So, that is my big thing I am thankful for this year. I look forward to the holidays this year.

Carol Sue ~ I hope for you and me both that we can get this eating under control.

Mary ~ glad you are beginning to feel better.

Hope you are having a good day.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 01:31 PM   #21  
Want to feel better

Happy Thanksgiving everyone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Happy Thnaksgiving 2.jpg (39.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 11-26-2016, 03:54 PM   #22  
Want to feel better

Good afternoon GG's,

It is a nice sunny day here today ~ 70* Just nice ~ not too hot, not too cold.

Being kind of a slug today after my couple days cleaning frenzy ~ LOL. I'm pooped. I had most of it done by Thursday evening. I still needed to mop the kitchen floor and had part of one bathroom left to do. I had vacummed the kitchen floor, so ended up not mopping it (it was passable). Steve cleaned the room where he watches TV. So, parts of the house look pretty good.

Steve had gotten a new TV and wanted to clean that room so he could show Jason and Sara. He has been drooling over the flat screen TV's for a few years now and Jason has been at him to get one and enjoy the newer technology. He has an old big screen TV that was about 20 years old. It was my fault that he hadn't gotten one sooner. After years of his feeling that we should live very frugally, he trained me well, and so when he did want something, I was the buzzkill and usually talked him out of it. He maybe ended up being sorry (I don't know) that he drilled that frugalness into my head ~ but hey ~ what's good for the goose is good for the gander ~ right? I had told him that since his TV was still working, that he should just wait until it died and then get one and that way he would have the newest technology available at the time. Well, Jason saw one at Best Buy ~ a Black Friday deal and told his dad about it. Steve told Jason he was waiting for his old one to die. I told Steve ~ go ahead and get it if it is what you want and a good deal. Well, he didn't have to be told twice ~ he got right on that ~ LOL, and is really enjoying it. They hauled the old one away and the room looks bigger now with that big old thing gone.

We had such a nice day yesterday. Jason got here first, but was very tired, so he grabbed a blanket, tipped back in the recliner and fell alseep. Sara came shortly thereafter and brought stuff and we began fixing up our dinner. She had left over turkey, fixed home made mashed potatoes, stuffing, this green bean recipe she always makes (not the green bean casserole with the mushroom soup ~ a different one) and some gravy. I made some home made (chunky) applesauce. And we always make to drink ~ like cran-raspberry juice with some gingerale in it. She said that applesauce would be good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on it, so after the meal, she ran over to her house and got the ice cream ~ it was like apple pie with ice cream, just no crust.

I did pretty good with the meal ~ I didn't have very big portions to begin with, so didn't feel guilty when I had a litte bit more of the stuffing and green beans. She left me with a dish of left over turkey. I asked if I could have some ~ it's not Thanksgiving without a turkey sandwich the next day

Steve had gotten some styrofoam plates on sale somewhere after holidays last year, so we used those and didn't have to wash dishes. Maddie didn't think that was cool, but if she had had to wash all those dishes (not just the ones we ate on, but all the things used to prepare the food) she probably wouldn't have minded.

Mary ~ what Carol Sue said about the length of your post. I enjoy reading everyone's posts and what you all are up to. Sorry that your son's realtionship didn't work out. Sad for all involved. I know you will enjoy having him around again, but you are probably sad for him all at the same time. I bet Halo (that is Halo's dad right?) will be overjoyed that he is back around her more of the time. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving with your daughter's family. I feel amazed by my daughters too. My SIL (Jen's husband) said that she must have learned how to cook from me. I said no ~ she is way beyond my capabilities. She actually teaches me stuff. And Sara too ~ cooks wonderful things. I am the helper now.

Carol Sue ~ I feel like you do about the weight loss ~ if I can just eat more healthy and move more and do it consistently ~ I think I will feel better, even if I don't lose a great big amount of weight, my health should improve some. Sadly, I have put back on every single pound I lost doing the plant based diet. Most of it just in the last couple months. I have been doing wrong and know it and just kept on. Grrrr at myself. And if I can feel better ~ maybe it will be the vicious circle in reverse ~ I will hopefully feel like doing the right things more of the time instead of the other way around. You did awesome with your eating on Thanksgiving Day.

Yes, here's to us for a better/healthy 2017.

Hope you are having a good weekend.
Old 11-27-2016, 11:22 AM   #23  
Want to feel better

Carol ~ I knew that Steve would only eat the green beans and some mashed potatoes, so I made him one of those steamer bags of broccoli and cauliflower mix, a bowl of spinach lentil soup and some sweet potato casserole (something I found in a can) heated up. He had seconds on the green beans. He said he had enough.

I wish I was more like him when it comes to the eating. What I would like to be able to do is eat right for every day purposes, but then for things like holidays or a party ~ things like that ~ indulge a little and then get right back on track. I do pretty good at the holidays or parties ~ because I don't want to look like a pig in front of people. But then I have such a struggle getting back on track.

I just have to keep trying and never give up.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:04 PM   #24  

They have an app called NuMi that you use to track your intake and exercise. I haven't started exercising yet. Yesterday I wasn't hungry for my am snack and didn't care for it so I just ate 1/3 of it and finished the rest for my afternoon snack. Then last night I got to thinking I can have another snack (so 2 for eve instead of one) because I didn't get a second snack during the day, so I added in some Nutrisystem popcorn...lousy popcorn but edible and I was still a little under my limit. If I stopped doing things like that I'd lose faster. I wasn't hungry...I just wanted all the food I could eat...how sick is that? So far I've only had breakfast..apple oatmeal and a cup of milk. I prefer old fashioned or quick oats instead of instant but it tasted good. I'm beginning to learn how this works...and the app really helps you through what to eat. Really it's really the same as I've always tried to eat, but on my own, I can easily get away from it.

I didn't sleep much last night so stayed home from church..also it's a long way to the restroom and with this UTI, I don't like to take the chance. Carol, I did not know that was an adverse reaction to Cipro! Is that what caused the problem with your arm? I've taken it several times with no problem and this is just a five day series. He had me take amoxicillin for the cough bug. Anyway I didn't sleep after dh left so finally got up because I just was achy lying there. Thats the trouble with meds though, you just never know what they might cause....help you in one way, hurt you in another. I wish I could just stay away from them. I'm back taking 2mg Amaryl in the am and it does help my bs but suspect it will make it harder to lose weight. I am sure my body is mostly fat! Don't think I want to know.

Glynne - I cannot imagine eating like Steve, esp on Thanksgiving! I'm glad he is able to stick with it since it seems to help him though. I do admire that apparently he can enjoy the company and not indulge. Our leftovers are now gone...that's why I like not having so much..the temptation doesn't linger. How nice that Steve has a new TV! Our dd and sil gave us our current TV on our 50th anniversary or we probably wouldn't have bought a new one. It's hard to spend on updating something that is still working. We have gotten it repaired once. Funny we never had to repair our old ones, guess they are too complicated these days.

Carol - At the time I bought this light weight vac, I thought dh would also use it to clean the car. Then remembered he has a shop vac. I rarely see it so forget about it. But I wanted a new light weight vac for quick daily cleaning to replace my old Shark. The newer Sharks are too heavy for me. I'm used to my big Dyson but don't like to use it every day. With this one I can remove the head and use it to clean the sofas and chairs.

I did some Christmas shopping online yesterday, so the packages should start to arrive soon. Still much to do though and to send out checks/GC to those not local. I never know whether two grown gc that live in northern WA will come down...some years they do but not always, so I usually just go ahead and send them their checks. This year I just don't have much spirit for doing anything but perhaps it will hit me as it gets closer.

Last edited by maryea; 11-27-2016 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:23 PM   #25  
Want to feel better

Carol ~ my stick vacuum is a Bissell ~ we got it from Amazon ~ it was only about $20. How you saw them use it at the restaurant is sort of how I use it. And for small spaces where I can't get the big vacuum into. I used to use a broom and dust pan ~ like in the kitchen ~ this does a better job and it kind of eliminates one step. Then I just have to empty the dirt cup and get the dust off the filter thing. I really like it. It has a handle that you can remove and use it like a dust buster and has a crevice tool that you can stick into the end of that when you need to get in a tight place.

Here is a picture of it ~ it has a cord and is not chargeable, but I like it anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FeatherWeight by Bissell - Amazon.jpg (27.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 11-27-2016, 09:15 PM   #26  

I think many of the vacuum companies are coming out with these type vacs. I just want a really durable one with powerful suction and have been disapointed in so many I've tried. My Dyson has worked well for so long, I don't want any other brand anymore. I was willing to get another Shark ...their body isn't as durable as a Dyson but the suction is good, however when I tried the tube type vac, I was disappointed...it was clunky and didn't pick up that well in my opinion. I thought it was very awkward to use. Mine also has the accessories, two of which connect to the dock but there is small brush I can't store in the dock so I just keep it nearby.

I had breakfast very late today so I'm off schedule with my diet, however I think I've done pretty well with my eating. Just finished lunch when I should have been having dinner. I had a oatmeal raisin cookie for my mid "morning" snack and for dinner I had a really yummy lunch...Nutrisystem chicken noodle soup, a cup of blueberries with 2 T pecan halves and I sneaked in 2T Reddi Whip ...it was all very yummy! So my afternoon snack will be my evening snack and I guess I probably won't have dinner but with so few calories, I could possibly work more food in before bed time. Not sure that would be so good on my bs though. Will see. I'd like to get 1000 cal and I'm only at 681 right now.

I'm thinking about taking a nice warm bath...sounds so good since it's kinda cool tonight. Our son and his now ex-gf went hunting. How do you hunt at night? Don't think I'd like that.

Last edited by maryea; 11-27-2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:40 PM   #27  

Having breakfast of wheat flakes and milk and will soon head for the gym. Slept much better last night.

Was checking the expiry dates on some gift cards last night and found one that will expire the end of this month. Yikes it's already the 28th! So guess I'll go shopping today.

You guys have a good day!
Old 12-01-2016, 05:32 PM   #28  
Want to feel better

Good afternoon GG's,

Kind of a little chilly here today ~ sunny off and on.

It has been a cooking day ~ two pans of roasted vegetables and a pot of soup.

I had a dr appointment yesterday with the endocrinologist. I have gained weight. She talked about an appetite suppressant and wants to add another medication to my list. Something called Trulicity (I haven't heard of it) that is supposed to help regulate your blood sugars and help you lose weight. It is a once a week injection (but is not insulin). I told her that my eating the bad stuff has little to do with hunger, but is stress eating or eating to deal with different emotions. She told me about it and said that it helps you lose weight anyway ~ regardless of the reason you are eating. I came home and tried to read some more. I feel kind of scared about it and not really wanting to take it. Maybe this is the “scare” I needed to get me to stop fooling around with my eating and behave myself. So far today, I have done ok.

Mary ~ way to go ~ another pound down. And it sounds like you are feeling better. Glad you got to see the little one for a bit. Sorry for the troubles with your oldest daughter.

Carol ~ I am kind of like you with the helpings at meal time. I know I shouldn't have more, but it tastes so good.

Just had an unpleasant conversation with Steve. He was entering in the expenditures from my store reciepts. On some of them were snacky things. I hate having to explain to him what I buy. Now I feel angry and ~ how do I deal with my emotions (or what ever) ~ by eating. I want to, but so far I'm resisting.

It was on the topic of my eating lately. I think I have shared that it has been more and more out of control lately. I haven't even really been trying very hard. I am frustratrated with myself ~ I'm not happy about it, but fail day after day. Can't seem to get back on track/stay on track.

My eating and weight has been a source of frustration and anger for us for our whole life together. He doesn't understand, doesn't want to understand. He has finally reached the point where he doesn't try to tell me what to do anymore. But he also does things that aren't helpful. When I go off plan and want something ~ my way of dealing with it is to get single serving size things. That works for me in that I don't have a whole bag or box or container of these things ~ that even if I tell myself I will leave it alone, I know I can't. This totally frustrates him because he can't stand to buy things at full price or that aren't economical. He said if I was going to go off the diet, he would start buying goodies when they were on sale, if that is the things I wanted to eat. That is stupid and not helpful. Makes me angry.

I told him how I wanted to try to deal with this. I explained to him that food for me is like booze is to an alcoholic. I sneak it, I am a closet eater. What I hope to do is eat right, as much of the time as I can, and maybe limit eating some other kinds of stuff to holidays or parties. I do better when other people are around ~ because I don't want to look like a pig. I told him I want to stick to the right way of eating as much as I can and that I would try my best. Anyway after I shared this with him, he told me that I make excuses and that I don't really intend to stick to the diet because by saying ~ I'll try the best I can ~ is giving myself an out already before I've even started. That made me mad ~ to me that was being honest. I am not perfect and to say that I am going to stick to the diet and never mess up is not honest and unrealistic. Grrrrrr.

I think it is part of his need to control everything. Again Grrrr

Sorry for venting. Guess I'd better get off and not make you guys suffer through any more of this.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:22 PM   #29  

One week today I started Nutrisystem. I'm a tiny bit disappointed because my weight jumped up a pound so I've only lost 1.5# which I often do on my own. But at least it went in the right direction and I did get to see 163 once, so that makes my lower number lower than it was before. They set my calorie limit at 1500 and I guess I may need to stay lower than that esp since I haven't been exercising very much for more than two months until recently. Today I walked about a 1/2 mile, rode the stationary bike 15 min at 10, and did three weight machines for 3 sets of 10 reps. So I've actually upped my exercise in that I'm doing more sets. Hopefully that will help me lose more in time, but it is only 3x week, sometimes less. I need to do more at home. I have been below 1500 every day but I had 3 days in the high 1400s. I used to lose on that, but maybe no more.

Carol/Glynne - I think that's a great idea Carol had about asking your dh for some money to spend on the food/snacks you crave sometimes, and I would hate to have to account for every penny I spend on food, so I feel you there.
Do you each get an allowance for your own personal spending of things other than food? If so perhaps you could buy it from that or get it increased a bit to account for these type food purchases. I think everyone needs some money to spend without having to account for it.

I think though that in regard to your feelings about the discussion, that it is not just a matter of facing the truth, I think it hurts that it seems he does not respect what you are sharing with him. I know from my own experience that it is hard to admit we can't control our eating and then to not have the other person acknowledge our feelings with empathy hurts. He may be right in what he is saying but that is still implying that you can easily be different. You CAN change, we all can, but it IS difficult.

I also agree with Carol that speaking in a positive way is important to success...words go some place...often we become what we say we are. I struggle with this myself, so know how hard it is to stop it, but learning to speak more positively about ourselves and our goals is important. Glynne - my goal is similar, in addition to losing weight, I want to be able to eat in moderation most days and if I eat a bit more at times, get right back to moderate eating. That would make me feel normal. And if I am going to mess up I too prefer single size mess-ups. and my dh doesn't understand that either but recently he's been better about only bringing home small amounts. What I try to say to myself is I may not be where I want to be yet, but I will take the steps I can to change and one day will be in control of my eating (or whatever I'm dealing with).

Gayle, I personally am leery about antidepressants. I mean are you going to take it the rest of your life? If not it will only help you lose weight and then what? I had a bad experience with one but it was during pregnancy when no doctor should have prescribed it anyway. I became light-headed and refused to take another one and ended up I only gained 25# with that pregnancy just like all my others. That doctor was just concerned I was gaining too fast but it all worked out. I also took at OTC one time that controlled my eating but made me jittery. That scared me.

If you want something to suppress your appetite, try upping your fiber. You should be getting quite a bit with the beans you eat and some veggies, but you can also add powdered fiber...there is a kind that is blends in clear with anything..I put it in my mochas and when I eat cereal...anything that has a little liquid to it. There is not really any taste to it. Just be sure it says that it blends in clear and does not thicken on the label as the old kind are nasty. Don't take too large amount at first, build up gradually and drink LOTS of water. Once I took 2 Fibercon and it made my tummy bloat up huge and I was miserable for hours, but the powered doesn't do that at least not to me. I only use 2 t. at a time. I take it for my colon but taking it with water before before a meal can help to prevent overeating to some extent. You maybe able to increase to a tablespoon with lots of water. I've seen Trulicity ads on TV. They all have possible side affects but it might help you too.

I got two more gifts yesterday...my giving bag is getting full and I will have to start wrapping soon, but waiting for our tree. We haven't had to inclination to set it up yet. If it weren't for the kids we probably wouldn't bother.

Tonight I think I'm going to eat a flex meal which means my own cooking. It will be tri-tip steak (I will eat only a little) and veggies and rice (small amt). And maybe a serv of fruit for dessert.

Last edited by maryea; 12-02-2016 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:38 PM   #30  

My weight remained the same but I screwed up some yesterday. I forgot a Power Fuel food with dinner...meant to make it cottage cheese but forgot to actually eat it. Then in the evening I was hungry and I added a smart carb...some sweet cherries when I really should have eaten veggies instead. The problem I won't cook in the evening, and raw veggies have been giving heartburn. The cherries were so good! They are the same brand as the blueberries I enjoyed so much...got them at Walmart and they are organic and in large bags...not Costco big but good size.

Today we drove to the coast to watch our gs' ballet. It was great, really enjoyed it. He had only very small parts but at least he did have some time in 2 acts and for one bit he also got to pretend blow a trumpet for a few minutes all alone on one side of the stage so most eyes were on him. We were proud of course! He looked so tiny. He is ten now but he is very small for his age plus hes been sick with a bug and hasn't been eating much and is so thin now. I could see him trying to keep his pants up...they fit him for them but that was before he got sick. Today though mama said he ate a good breakfast so perhaps he'll start gaining soon again.

For a sorta house warming gift only for the kids, I gave them each animal body pillows and explained them to our gd (7). I didn't get to talk to our gs at all, as we were in a hurry to head home...it was raining and almost dark when we left and it's a two hour drive home. When we got on the outskirts of our city, the low tires light came on and we stopped to fill the tires with air as they were all a little low. We are both very tired and glad to be home now. ETA: I just got a picture from my dd showing my gd all cuddled up with her animal pillow...apparently she chose the fawn, which I thought she would. so her brother got the fox. She has a big grin on her face and my dd typed below it "apparently she likes it!."

Of course my eating is way off today....I had a NS breakfast and took a lunch bar with me for a snack as I had no snack bars left, but then we stopped for fast food for lunch and for a snack after the ballet before driving home. When we got home I tried to eat one of their entrees but only took a few bites and ate a few cherries. I'm about 167 cal over for the day which isn't too bad considering and I'm letting it go. Tomorrow is another day.

Carol I was thinking about what you said about how you thought God should have made us so we only ate what we should and no more. Well, I think he did, but now we live in a fallen world and gluttony is part of that. I'm very experienced with that sin.....

Dh is on his own for meals tonight and tomorrow so hopefully I will get back on track.

You all have a good rest of the weekend. Thanks for being there.

Last edited by maryea; 12-03-2016 at 10:41 PM.