Old 12-04-2016, 01:13 PM   #31  

Height: 5'3"

Oh I see. Sorry to misquote or rather miss paraphrase you, that was how I remembered it, but I should have checked but I did think it was an interesting idea. Now that I'm reminded of your actual statement, I think it's possible but I doubt it. I know if every time I overate I'd be sitting on the toilet a VERY long time. Not sure I'd want that. I know you were just wishing for it to be easier, me too.

I'm happy that I didn't gain weight from my off plan eating yesterday in fact I dropped 1/2# so nearly at my new low number again at least. Back on track today. My bs was quite high this morning because all I ate was cherries last night. I can't win..it's either my weight or my bs. But I'm back on track this morning....a banana nut muffin and milk for breakfast. Dh said he may go to an Asian buffet tonight.

Forgot to respond to your question about dh's glucose reading. The lab people told him there was no need to fast. His doctor actually did not give an order for the labs as far as I can see in his last summary...I'm sure he forgot as he always wants labs before a visit.. but when he does he usually says fast because of the glucose reading. You are right they are not needed for the A1C since that is a 3 mo average. Our previous doc always went by the A1c and it was done right in the office. The doc will know thats what happened I'm sure, but I am a bit concerned about him going up 8 pts in 4 months...he's never done that before and I know it's because he is not being as careful with his eating, but yes, he is still in a good place but much closer now to the goal of no more than 7. Am curious whether his kidney labs are a concern. One part of me says, he's in his 80s and should now be able to eat however he wants, the other part says no, I want him to be healthy and around as long as possible and I know dh wants that too. I used to say when I get to be 85 I'll eat however I want...but now I'm not so sure. I don't mind dying when it's right but if I'm alive I want to feel as good as I can.

Oh gee, gotta run, just noticed the time...need to get ready for church. Have a good Sunday you two.

Last edited by maryea; 12-04-2016 at 01:40 PM.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 01:16 PM   #32  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's ~ well afternoon by the time I get done typing this ~ LOL,

A rainy dreary chilly day here today. It has kind of been like that all weekend. The weather keeps mentioning flash flood warnings. Too bad we couldn't share it with those places that have/had the wildfires.

Been busy ~ maybe I can keep out of trouble that way ~ LOL. Went with Jason to an appointment on Saturday, then rode along while he did a couple errands. Then he came to our house to visit, talk to Sara something about his phone, help Steve with something with the TV and do something with his phone. He got a new one and had to transfer stuff from the old one to the new one. It wasn't going smoothly and he ended up being here longer than he anticipated and ran out of time to do some other stuff he needed to do.

Sunday, I went to church, ran some errands, got a haircut and ran some more errands. Did some laundry.

Today, gotta take some stuff to Jason and pick up a library book. Then have to make a recipe ~ I bought stuff and need to get it made up before the food spoils.

Phew ~ kind of a little pooped.

Carol ~ I know what you mean about not wanting to be spend your remaining time of life bedridden. Me either. I just kind of hope that when my time comes, I “go in my sleep”, and that that happens before I end up bedridden and just existing ~ unable to do anything or enjoy anything. You don't have to apologize for what you said about my conversation with Steve. It was probably true and while it wasn't fun to hear, I probably needed to hear it. It's all good. Steve made me mad, but I guess it helped (but I don't want him to know that ~ don't want to have to go through that on a regular basis) gave me the boot in the rear I needed to get my act together and stop with the out of control eating. One day at a time I guess. So far ~ I have been doing much better ~ not perfect, but better. The weight is slowly dropping and the blood sugars are too. I wouldn't mind if things worked like you wish they did ~ about eating what ever you want and your body just getting rid of the excess instead of turning it into fat.

Mary ~ glad you got to go watch your little grandson's ballet. It is fun to get to see them do their stuff. Sounds like you are doing well with your eating plan. Keep up the good work.

Guess I'd better go get some clothes on ~ don't want to show up on Jason's door step in my jammies ~ shocking ~ LOL. When we were at Jen's ~ on our last day, we rode with her when she took Evie to school, so we could have our last good byes with her. There was no time to get all ready and dressed, so she said it would be ok to just ride along in my jammies because we wouldn't have to be getting out of the car. That kind of surprised me because she has always been embarassed by us and what someone might think.

Hope you all have a good day.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:14 PM   #33  

Clearly I am not reading carefully enough! LOL I think I'm just moving too fast (well not really but it seems like it) because I am very behind in many many things and yet keep so busy with others. Today dh said we MUST put up the tree so I quickly moved tables and vacuumed and dusted a little but need to do more, but what's the use when dh has the fireplace going and it makes a mess. Will go ahead with the tree and then perhaps later I can get in there and finish dusting and vacuuming. It gets dark so fast now too and I don't like to clean when it's dark esp in the living room where we only have lamps for light. Grump, grump, grump...

My weight dropped back down a little but not enough, so I'm basically just going up and down like I was when before NS. My bs was better this morning though and so far I am on plan. For breakfast I had oatmeal cranberry bites (like tiny cookies but packed with fiber and protein and only 19 g carb) and milk and now my snack is two mandarins and an 1/2 oz of cheese and 1/2 cup nonfat milk.

I'll get one more month's food and then will consider whether this is going to work. I am learning or more like having things emphasized in a way that although I already know may help it stick to me so even if I don't lose weight I'm still glad I tried it. Some of food I really like, and I've ordered some shakes. I've tasted some at my sister's and also ordered a pack of snack bars I like as this time I ran out for some reason. I know I didn't go over eating them. Maybe I was supposed to have more flex meals, I don't know. I think the instructions could be clearer for beginners but the food diary does help a lot.

Carol - glad your doctor visits went well. I thought I had an appt with my new doctor (who I'm checking out) in Feb...called to schedule one for dh and found out my appt is this month! Good thing I called. We said our goodbyes to our current doctor...he is such a nice guy, I really wish he could be around longer. He even asked to pray with us...he hadn't talked about his beliefs so we were sorta surprised esp dh. On my first visit, the receptionist told me he was a really nice guy and a "church" man though. Anyway it was a really nice goodbye. He asked who we were going to see now and when I told him he told me he is a very good respected doctor but that he might be retiring in a few years. So we left a doctor of many years (for a good reason though but early on never thought we would leave him) and now one doctor has left us and perhaps the next one will soon. Funny. There is a young woman doctor in the same clinic where we go now and we considered going to her but she hasn't been a doctor very long. It would be more convenient though than where we are planning to go.

Carol - We only have cell phones, so it is important to us to have good working phones. We use them for so much anymore, can't imagine not having one. They are no longer just for calls. After about 2 years of constant use, they often shows signs of not working as well. They can be refurbished of course but my battery wasn't holding a charge very long and I just got tired of that...seemed like everytime I really needed my phone it was dead. I got a very good deal on a normally very expensive phone. In fact after the initial charges, our phone bill will be a little less than it was. Downloading apps is as easy as finding the app you want and pressing install. After it's done it will show up in your apps and you can move it where ever you want it. I keep running "in case of emergency" info that shows on the top of my locked phone if something should happen to me. I had a similar thing on dh's but need to do it on his new phone still.

Thanks for your prayers. I got the urine test results and it looks ok to me. No call yet about the ultrasound.

I slept good last night from little after 12 to 4, then woke up and was thinking about the trip...wondering if I can handle four weeks there. Last time three weeks seemed too much. Not for all there is to see of course, but for how I feel. I was feeling so puny (my moms word for not feeling well but not actually sick) and so tired. I hope we are doing the right thing. I prayed about it and of course this morning I feel better about it.

I started this hours ago and then got called away. We now have the tree up and I need to start decoration. Also went out for a few things and ended up having lunch out as dh was hungry. Messed up again, not badly with calories but just the plan.

Last edited by maryea; 12-07-2016 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:06 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Just dropping by to say, "Hi!" Doing TERRIBLE with my eating. 10 years ago I lost 40 lbs. Kept weight down for most of this time. Have gained 10 lbs in the past year. Other than this, all is good. If I don't get back before the holidays - hope everyone has good ones!

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:15 PM   #35  
Want to feel better

Good morning (it was when I started this), afternoon (when I started again), now evening GG's,

Brrrr ~ cold here today ~ 38* when I got up this morning. Kind of dreary when I started this, but then the sun came out. I think it didn't feel quite as cold this afternoon when I was waiting out for Maddie to get off the bus as it did yesterday afternoon, but still on the chilly side (49*).

But, for me ~ inside me is sunny and happy. Jason and Sara ~ after about 3 years of not speaking to each other ~ a couple months ago, began speaking again. Jason was going to visit friends today and I was to ride with him to the airport and drive his car back here. I have made that trip before, but don't feel comfortable driving someone elses car. I asked Sara to say a little prayer for me. She offered to take him on her way to work. So, I was off the hook. But the happy part was that Jason sent me a text and said that she made him laugh all the way there and that he had forgotten how much fun it was to laugh hysterically with her. When they had their falling out, it was like each of them had lost a close friend. It was in large part due to her ex ~ the scum bag. Jason and Sara getting along again is like the best present they could give me ~ priceless.

Kind of tired this afternoon. I woke up early ~ not knowing at that point whether I was going to have to make that drive or not ~ and couldn't go back to sleep. Got to talk to my sister and my mom today. Did some laundry. Pinned up the legs and sleeves of a pair of pajamas I bought ~ things are most always too long. I started working on my little Christmas tree. It was a pre lit one, but after a couple years of use, the lights stopped working. So, I removed the lights and was gonna put some new ones on, but the strings we had were too big, so ordered a smaller set from Amazon. So, waiting for them to come, then I'll get the tree done.

I have been trying really hard to do better with my eating. The exercise part hasn't gone as well ~ my knee has been bothering, but I have been keeping busy, so not just sitting around all the time either. I have been keeping track (writing down) every day what I eat. I don't measure, but am writing it down. What has pushed me to try harder is that at my diabetes doctor appointment on Nov. 30th, the doctor talked about wanting me to start a medicine (Trulicity ~ an injection ~ not insulin ~ I hadn't heard of that one) that is supposed to help with the blood sugars with a side benefit of helping you lose weight. She also wants me to take twice as much (1,000 mg twice a day instead of 500 mg twice a day) Metformin. All this additional stuff scares me. I am on so many medications already. I was doing pretty well (blood sugars and weight) while I was behaving with the food. She also gave me a hand out about plant based diet. In that information, it talked about it helping a person to maybe be able to take less medicines. I had done well on that ~ lost about 20 pounds and kept most of that off until this fall when there was that stuff with my mom. With the stress of that ~ I fell back into my old habits, and then when it was over, I just kept sliding down that slipery slope of bad habits. I got to a point where I wasn't even really trying very hard. I gained it all back and a little more. I feel that if I buckle down, I can bring my numbers back down and the weight too. I desperately don't want to take more medication. I am up to day 9. So far, pretty good ~ not perfect, but not out of control. This evening I haven't done quite as well. I sort of feel like maybe I have a cold coming on ~ bit of a sore throat, a little stuffy. Weight is creeping down and and so are the blood sugars. The blood sugars weren't all that bad ~ the A1c had gone up, but I know it was because I was eating stuff I shouldn't be. I haven't started those meds yet. I am hoping that by buckling down, I can get things back to the point by my next dr appointment (toward the end of January) that she will think I don't need the extra stuff. I feel kind of bad ~ this is the first time that I have ever not taken medications like the dr wants me to. I also have ordered a pedometer/step counter from Amazon. So, going to try to be more aware of how much I am moving and hopefully seeing that number will make me want to get in more steps.

Mary ~ I wish I lived closer to you ~ I'd help you with your gift wrapping. I love doing that. Sara doesn't like it, so she brings her stuff to me. A couple times when I was visiting Jennifer, I helped her wrap stuff too.

Carol ~ I have had those Jimmy Dean Breakfast bowls a couple times ~ they were pretty tasty. Probably not a very healthy choice, but the tasty stuff usually isn't We don't have a land line anymore. I think though that people in the areas with little or no cell phone reception would almost have to have a land line.

Lynn ~ enjoy it when you pop in to say hello.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Last edited by glynne; 12-09-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:55 PM   #36  

Just read this ...excerpt from an article on Gimmiereviews.com...and had to share it. I hope she won't mind me sharing it since I'm also promoting her site.

She talks about trying to lose weight on Nutrisystem and she is so honest about her struggles and I could identify with her. She was disappointed she didn't do better in three months, but she lost 15#...she points out that 8.5# were the first week...some weeks she didn't lose any pounds (usually lost inches though),...and then only very slowly. Still sounds pretty good to me. This particular article was written at the next to last week of her journey and she has come to these conclusions:

The magic answer to losing weight…you have to want it. Period.

You have to want it more than just the 4 hours you squeeze into a cute dress and attend your niece’s wedding. (I did that last weekend. The pictures are mercifully placed so that furniture and kids block my bulk from showing too much.)
You have to want it each day when faced with whether to work out or not, when working out is the last thing you feel like doing
You have to want it each and every time you open the refrigerator to check for whatever craving just crept up on you
You have to want it when your muscles hurt from yesterday’s workout
You have to want it when you get back on the treadmill and think of 99 things you should be doing elsewhere
You have to want it past January 2nd and beyond your New Years resolutions
You have to keep wanting it for more than just that morning when you wake up, refreshed and rejuvenated and ready to lose weight
You have to want it past looking back at pictures of yourself a few years before you had kids

She seems to feel this was her problem...that she didn't truly want it that enough...maybe, but I'm still proud of her and would like to do as well as she did. And I can identify with each one of these times when you have to want it enough and would have to say I too come up failing to want it enough most of the time. The fact that she didn't lose every week and that sometimes it was just 1# at a time, and that she admits she didn't always do it right, inspires me because that's me too. In fact today I forgot about one of the snacks and tonight instead of a healthier snack I drank my pb mocha, but otherwise I did ok. I figure if I weren't eating this diet way at least most of the day, I'd be eating a lot more and often less healthy. So if she can lose 15# surely if I just keep trying I can lose some too. Sure hope so anyway.

Glynne - I wish you were here to help me wrap. I used to enjoy more it but have never been good at it. I got a few more packages wrapped and under the tree this evening.

I got NO housework done today other than a few daily things. Tomorrow is another day...and if it isn't, I don't think I'll care about the housework.

Last edited by maryea; 12-09-2016 at 11:57 PM.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:55 PM   #37  

Wow, I talk a lot! I'm back again to greet you all this fine morning...the sun is shining! Yeah looks like the snow and ice is almost gone although some areas are still kinda bad I hear. I really need to get my kitchen cleaned today. Otherwise it's just wrapping more gifts. My weight is down again to my sig weight which is one new pound down with NS. I hope I can be good and stick to it to lose more. You all have a good day!

Last edited by maryea; 12-10-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:53 PM   #38  

Went to my new doctor this morning and I like him. He's a little more "in your face" than my recent doctor but he's nice and takes time with me. I can tell he's not going to let me get by with not doing what I need to do and I guess that's a good thing. I was surprised that he also gave me a pretty thorough physical exam too. He told me I need to exercise more which of course I know and intend to. I didn't get lab work done before I went in so still need to do that. Dh has his ultrasound tomorrow so I plan on getting the blood work done then. Nice thing about going to a health organzation with several different clinics, you can go to any of them as they are all connected via the computer. He could not get dh in soon enough to check him before giving him some vaccines he needs though so I had to call our previous doctor and hopefully he can do it before he leaves. It's possible he may not even require seeing him since he has been in there recently.

We were thinking about buying a camcorder to take on our trip but soon realized they are kinda on their way out because of the high quality videos you can take on smartphones these days. I found out to the length of video you can take depends on the size of your disk. So we saved some money by just buying a larger disk for my phone. Dh can take videos (even slow motion) with his iPhone too but he can't put in a larger disk like I can in my Samsung. So now if I can get the back off my phone...LOL...I'll insert the larger disk. I think I also have another one here at home we bought for our old (now broken) digital camera and we never used...hoping I can find it. With both of them we should be all set plus I have everything uploaded to the Cloud so will just delete my pics etc off my phone to give even more space. I love learning new things esp about technology! This was in Costco...where we also stocked up on socks...I got some of those no-show socks to wear in PI with my comfy walking shoes. I also want to take some sandals with me and yesterday I bought some really nice ones. I've never paid so much for sandals in my life, but hopefully they will be worth it. I bought them from the Walking Company, a new store to me. My long toes tend to extend over the top of many sandals if they fit me otherwise, but these don't and they also fit my arch well, another thing that often doesn't happen with shoes. I have a high arch. They even gave me a free scarf...I chose blue and it's very soft and plushy. Wore it today and it kept me cozy. I noticed in their catalog they sell the scarves for $20.

Carol - Glad you like your vac...and for a good price! I like that I can remove the head of my lightweight Dyson and use it to clean upholstered furniture and mattresses. Dh has a shop vac he uses for the car though. We mark our current luggage with ribbons...dh has a yellow ribbon and I have a blue one. Guess if we get to seeing too many bright blue and red small luggage like our new ones, we'll resort to something similar again but still most luggage I see is black or brown. About the weighing....we think alike...if I weigh only weekly, I always think what if my weight was down and then right before I weigh it comes back up...LOL At least when I weigh daily I see the fluctuations and it makes me feel good to know it sometimes comes down
too!

Dh used a cane today..he says it helps..feels more stable and perhaps less pain too I guess. My right leg..thigh and hip..has been hurting more lately. It's not terrible but kind of nagging. Didn't have a chance to tell the new doc but I'm not ready for strong meds and don't think there's anything else he can do. I did tell him about my itchy head and ears and why I declined the neurologist and he agreed there's no use if I'm not ready to take the nerve pills.

I'm cooking tonight...chicken broccoli casserole...need to use up some broccoli. Dh uses it when he cooks his own meals but only a very little at a time.

That's all for now...hi to Glynne! Hope you all are staying warm in the cold weather.

Last edited by maryea; 12-14-2016 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:30 PM   #39  
Want to feel better

Good afternoon GG's,

It is a nice sunny day here today. Sort of a bit chilly ~ about 50* when I was out running errands this morning.

Ran some errands Tuesday. Did some cooking yesterday. Need to make another thing today to use up some ingredients before they spoil.

I ordered a step counter from Amazon. I have tried and returned several pedometers. Despite the write ups on them, they weren't accurate as they claimed to be. My daughter has one of those fit bit things and likes it, but I just can't bring myself to spend the kind of money they want for that one. And I have read that they aren't always accurate either. This one has something a little different that I hadn't heard of ~ a 3D motion sensor, so I thought I'd try it. So far, I like it. The numbers are large and easy to read. You can wear it on a lanyard around your neck, or carry it in your pocket or purse. I always had trouble with the ones that you had to put on the waist band of your pants ~ it would add steps when I put it on, or when I tried to check the steps, or when using the bathroom (added steps with pants going up and down). This one doesn't do that. It isn't perfectly accurate, but probably close enough for my purposes. Hoping it will spur me on to taking more steps.

Carol Sue ~ I think our digital camera takes videos. I don't know how to use it real well. Steve is the better picture taker in our family. For me it is just easier to use my phone. By the time I get that camera zoomed to where I want it and focused (especially if I am trying to take one while we are moving/driving) what ever it was I was trying to get a picture of, is gone. I get some pretty nice ones just using my phone. I hope all is well with your husband. I saw your cordless vac in the Aldi's ad ~ looks nice. I do the weighing every day thing. I feel like it keeps me from letting things get out of hand. Sometimes, it works the wrong way ~ when I feel like I have been trying really hard and I gain ~ makes me sort of want to give up temporarily. I have read that some people who are successful at losing and keeping it off ~ weigh every day. I guess each person has to find what works for them.

Mary ~ We bought some new suitcases recently. I had seen people with the ones that you don't have to tip to roll ~ they have wheels called spinners. That looked easier to me ~ the tipping/rolling one is way better than they used to be when you had to carry them instead of roll them, but the tip/roll kind bothers my wrist and elbow/arm. So Steve found one on sale (carry on size). Most often when I travel, I use the bigger one, so asked him if it would be possible to get one that size. He found one of those on sale. The smaller one is royal blue. The bigger one is bright red. The guy at the store said that the bright colored ones are less likely to be stollen, because they stick out like a sore thumb. I also had made a thing on a knitting spool ~ out of yarn ~ and attached to the handles of all the things we use when we travel ~ helps us know which ones are ours. That came in handy one trip ~ when another traveler had the exact same C-pap as mine in the overhead thing ~ so with that colorful yarn thing on the handle, I knew for sure which one was mine. Sorry that both you and Joe are having pain too. Glad the cane helps him.

Guess I'd better get off and do something.

Hope you both are having a nice day.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:35 PM   #40  

This will be a busy week. Trying to keep on track starting today so I can get it all done. I'm still very sore from the exercises I did on Sat so not moving as fast as I'd like, but it will get done if I keep at it. So far this morning, I've weekly cleaned the little bathroom and dusted the bedroom. And I have a load of laundry in the washer and just finished my breakfast. My weight was up as expected from eating out yesterday...ended up going over a little over 100 calories. I did ride my bike 15 min in the evening at least. I got my Christmas Eve dinner planned although I may tweak it a bit yet.

Hope to get a hair cut and maybe a manicure today.

Are you ready for Christmas?
Old 12-21-2016, 02:33 AM   #41  

Carol if you have time (it's ok if you can't, I can probably search for it), tell me again how you make and freeze your cookies again? I can't remember, do you bake them first, and how do you cover them to store in your freezer. I have very little room but am considering freezing some at least just until I'm ready for them on Christmas eve, so I don't have to do so much on Friday or Sat. Even if I don't do it this year, I may some year and I'd like to clip it to Evernote. I did that with your bread info. Have you had any experience freezing snickerdoodles...I would think that might be a good one for it but I don't want them to dry out as they are my son's favorite; or oatmeal chocolate chip? or brownies?
Old 12-21-2016, 02:13 PM   #42  

Thanks for the info on freezing cookies. I have clipped and saved to Evernote. Still don't know yet what I'm going to do ...wish I had more room in my freezer...but I might try one batch. I like the idea of keeping in the freezer to eat when wanted although knowing me I'd probably start grabbing them all the time. There was a cookie I made a long time ago that was SO good. I've tried to find it but haven't been able to find the exact recipe again. It was a New Orleans kind...sorta like a praline but not exactly. Anyway I made them when our dd came for lunch...of course she ate one and I kept eating them, so finally froze them but I ended up eating them frozen right from the freezer til they were gone!!

I stayed up very late last night planning my Christmas foods/meals. I think I've decided to surprise dh with a rice cake dessert rather than the eggnog cake. He loves rice cake and the kids usually like them too. I have only made one but he makes them now and then. I hope it turns out well. And I think I've decided to have Asian style sauteed green beans for my veggie.

Today I plan to clean in here in my office and the main bathroom. Also some quick de-cluttering in our bedroom which has gotten a little messy from me wrapping presents in there. Now have to find a place to store all the gift wrap etc. again.

Got my lab reports...I was disappointed to see my A1C is still 6.8, but I am seeing much more low numbers these days so hopefully it will come down soon. Still 6.8 isn't bad and the doc didn't mention it. My cholesterol is still a little high but I'm now taking Crestor so that should help. My triglycerides are still high but much lower than they were. I am going to start taking the typhoid med today. Very expensive stuff! I had asked the doc to give me a prescription for Cipro in case I get sick on our trip but haven't received that, so need to call today.

We went to send some money to dh's brother in PI and Xoom wouldn't take my password. After a couple attempts to get them to send me an email to reset and not getting it, I called and found out they'd put a hold on my acct because back in 2012 someone had used our account fraudulently attempting to send $700 to someone in Mexico! I'm glad they caught it but don't know why it took so long to put a hold on my account...I've used it several times since then. Anyway it's been reset and is ok now. Crazy world we live in!

Hope you guys are having a nice holiday season. Take care and keep warm. Our snow is gone and I think the temps are slowly rising but it's very cold at night still.
Old 12-22-2016, 01:28 PM   #43  

My problem with freezing cookies, is I don't have the type of containers you describe...all my plastic containers are small. And my metal pans don't have lids. I do have one glass baking dish almost that large with a good lid but I'm not sure about freezing in glass. It is my favorite baking pan. Wish I had more like it, at least one a little larger. I also don't have much room in my freezer compartments. I thought I could probably put a cookie sheet across them but am not sure I can seal it tightly enough and don't want the cookies to dry out. Perhaps I should wait until next year and get some containers that will work for it. So I haven't started the cookies yet and will likely do them tomorrow or even Sat as usual.

I really messed up yesterday in baking bread. I put it in the oven to rise and it did so well with the rising and pretty fast too, but when I removed it the second time (to put into the baking pans), it was kinda stuck (not bad though) to the bottom of the bowl, and the middle came how all loose and goopy in my hands so didn't hold it's shape as it usually does. So I had to just pat it into the pans and in my upset about that, I forgot to allow it to rise in the pans one last time. So of course it didn't rise well enough and my dh hasn't eaten any, can't blame him I guess.

When dh found out I was making rice cake, he said he wanted to make it. His last couple haven't turned out so well, and actually I wanted to do it for him, but feel I should let him do it if he really wants to. The look on his face was, hey, that's my job! So I'm just left with the chicken (hope he'll let me do that....he tends to think he's the only Filipino around here..oh wait, he is!) and the cookies and onion dip to make. Still don't know how many will be here either day.

Also want to clean my kitchen today incl mopping the floor plus a few other things in our bedroom. I got my cleaning done yesterday and also decluttered and organzied my office a little bit. It's the most cluttered area in our home.

You're probably all busy too..

Last edited by maryea; 12-22-2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #44  

Carol I found some deep plastic containers in my pantry and used one for the snickerdoodles and now have them freezing in my garage fridge freezer.
Can't wait to see how they do. There is room in this container to add more cookies and I also have one more similar container, so I may try freezing the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies too or maybe the brownies. Not sure I have room for both. just wanted you to know that I am trying it.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:17 PM   #45  
Want to feel better

Good morning GG's,

Kind of a dreary overcast day here today.

Sorry I haven't been on here much. The days seem to not turn out how I think they are gonna go. I haven't been a big ball of energy, so maybe only get a little something done each day.

Monday, we got Jason picked up from the airport. Tuesday, we didn't have Maddie and I went with Jason to run some errands. Wednesday, I had a headache all day long ~ couldn't get rid of it, so the day was pretty much wasted. Yesterday, we had to go downtown to pick up my new Cpap machine. Ran some errands, got lost but thankfully with the help of the GPS, we found our way. Maddie isn't with us again today.

Maddie had wanted to bake cookies ~ we did bake one day ~ she was more interested in taste testing than the acutal baking. I had bought ingredients for a couple different cookie recipes, but she hasn't been here to make them. Secretly, I am glad she has been off doing other things ~ I just haven't felt up for it. Don't know if when next week comes ~ if we will have her and if we do, if she'll want to bake.

Really, it is good that she has had opportunities to do other things ~ she spent one day with a little friend from school, then the night with her and part of the next day. Then the past two days, she has gone to some pottery day camp. I think it is good for her to get a chance to be with other kids and do stuff. Around here ~ it is just the same old, same old.

Don't know what we're doing for the holiday. Sara said something about getting together on Monday.

Sounds like the both of you have been busy baking and making preperations for Christmas get togethers. Enjoy your day.