Old 04-03-2017, 09:07 PM   #196  

I haven't really posted specifically in this forum i think, i'm usually in the "Maintenance" forum but i'm almost 55 and lost 100 lbs at age 49 and have been in maintenance for about 5 yrs.

i kept it off eating the same diet 6 days a week (healthy, relatively low carb, no breads, pastas, lots of veggies, etc. and no sugar) and the 7th day (Fridays) was a free for all binge--secret is i immediately reigned it in the next day w/o cheating. When i mean binge day, i mean BINGE. Like, in thousands of calories. Don't ask me how but i kept it off.

FF to about 1 year ago when i noticed myself gaining for no specific reason. SAME low calorie diet 6 days a week, same w/o routine (and always trying new things) but Fridays have been cut WAY WAY down, no longer binging but i do eat some cake, some sweets, a different menu which actually i believe helped me before by mixing it up, kind of zapping my metabolism, but anyway, i dropped that months ago and have dropped by thousands of calories. But i am STILL UP by about 8 lbs or 9 lbs or so and i'm really beginning to believe that age does have something to do with it which is why i'm here.

Periods started to get a bit wonky last year but i'm still having them and i noticed a lot of bloat, etc. (doctor visits check out all normal) I was on Zoloft over a year ago and thought that was the culprit but i got off that last September..... I guess they're right when they say menopause can bring on unwanted pounds. I haven't gone through it yet but at age 55, the hormones are definitely changing.

thanks for listening!

Susie
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:52 PM   #197  

Default Welcome!

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story.
I am down another pound. So glad. Would like it to be a tad more. I bought an outfit for my daughters wedding shower and it was in the regular woman's dept. Not plus sizes! Woot Woot!
teati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:49 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Teati, that's great to be able to forgo the plus size department! A NSV!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:16 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Anyone around? Just checking in to let you know I finally got back to my goal weight. (With the help of Jenny Craig)

Hope everyone is well.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 05-07-2017 at 08:18 PM.
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:54 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 243.50/227.50/190

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Default dropping by to say hello

Hi everyone who remembers me.
A lot has happened since I last posted. My tenant died of cancer last September. Taking care of her kept me quite busy. After her passing her daughter wanted all her things asap so rather than sit around and mope I packed up all her things. After that was out of the house my daughter didn't want me living alone anymore and wanted me to move to Barrie (2-1/1 hrs. from my place) to be close to her. So then I was kept busy getting my house ready for showing. It sold in one week. Then the headache of downsizing all by myself as I planned to move to a condo. The long story short....I'm here now in Barrie in a one bedroom condo which is very nice. It is great to be near family again but I still have my days when I wish I was still in my house.

I am not getting enough exercise since moving here as I no longer have the maintenance of my house indoors and outdoors. I'm also lonely for my friends back home as I don't have any here yet. Next week I am going to go to the Senior Center and I am going to join a seniors yoga class which starts the end of September.

I hope everyone has been ok and well since I've been away from the site

Karrine
Karrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:34 PM   #201  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi Karrine,

I remember you and glad you have posted. I often wondered how you were doing and how your tenant (wasn't her name Nan?) was doing. Sad to hear of her passing, but glad too that she is no longer suffering.

That is a big job the downsizing ~ and having to do it alone. Glad that is over with for you. Good that you are nearer to your daughter. And glad that there is an opportunity for you to join a yoga class and meet some people and make new friends.

Our group has kind of dwindled. The ones who were regulars ~ don't come anymore. Some new ladies were joining me on another thread. I haven't been on that one for a while ~ just got busy with life and haven't kept up with it very well. Makes me feel sad that the group has kind of dried up and that I haven't been able to spend much time with the new ones ~ like I let them down somehow.

Thank you for the update. Again, glad to hear from you.

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:11 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi all: Thought I'd check back here, I haven't been on this part of the forum since about early 2015 or maybe end of 2014. There's a few around I recognize! Hope you all are doing well.

Karrine, downsizing can be hard , and finding new friends is tough too. Sounds like you have a good plan though. My folks are looking at having to move into a retirement facility soon as mom has dementia and dad may be losing his driver's licence in a short while if he doesn't pass his next (over 80 y.o.) driver test. They start checking every year after 80 here. We all live out of town quite a ways so if he can't drive they will definitely need to move right into town.
**Sigh** the stresses of aging parents I remember when they were both so young and vital!

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:08 PM   #203  
art savvy southpaw

S/C/G: 220/204/175

Height: 5'10"

Hello all! I thought I would revive this thread. I turned 53 a few days ago and am happy to announce that I have lost 10lbs since July! It feels good to be able to say that. The weight comes off slow so I weigh once a week only. It would be nice if I lost a couple more lbs in the next month and remain the same during the holidays.

I like to do crafts, such as crochet, jewelry making and painting. I attend a few classes at a local community center as take an online course.
HydraWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:53 PM   #204  
Want to feel better

Hello HydraWoman ~ welcome. I'm glad you joined in ~ I used to come here daily, but the group kind of dwindled and with no one coming around, it got kind of lonely, so I haven't been coming as much as I used to. Is the crocheting in your avatar picture something you have made. It is so pretty. I like crocheting, but do sewing more often.

Where in Ohio are you from? I was born and raised there, but because of my husbands jobs, have lived in some other states too. I lived in North East Ohio ~ little town called Mantua.

Hope you visit more. It is fun to get to make new friends. Hope you are having a good weekend.

Take care
Old 10-16-2017, 08:02 PM   #205  

Hi all. I am new to this site and it seems to be just what I need. Having a tough time losing the weight that I have gained since menopause. Started exercising every day and thinking about trying old LA Weightloss that worked for me before. Love the tips and support!
Tcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:04 AM   #206  

Hi - can I join your group? I am 62 and have a minimum of 30 pounds to lose. I gained those 30 pounds starting six years ago when I received a promotion at work. The stress got to me and the pounds started to pack back on. I had been quite overweight when I was in my 30s and lost it around age 41-42 along with 150 pounds of ugliness in the person of my ex. Remarried and have been quite happy, except for the work stress that has gotten the best of me. I am retiring just before Christmas - hooray! and plan to use the time in the new year to work on myself. I'd like to go back to yoga class, hit the gym every day, and cook healthy, nutritious and delicious meals. I love to cook. My husband is a vegetarian and has been for more than 25 years, so most of my cooking is vegetarian or vegan.
Carrot.TopsRGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:23 AM   #207  
art savvy southpaw

S/C/G: 220/204/175

Height: 5'10"

Wow, hello all! I am glad to see you all were ok with reviving this post lol glynne....I live in Cincinnati, Ohio currently and have lived there most of my adult life. Welcome Tcrazy I think WW is a great group, I really like how they focus on overall health and slow weight loss and not some crash diet or dieting in a way that is so bad for your health! Hey there Carrot.Tops.Are.Green, what a great user name! I eat mostly vegetarian too, I just don't like the taste of most meat protein.

I eat as gluten free as possible....I do not have Celiac disease but i do have IBS for many years and I have been tested a couple times for Celiac and they always say, I have an intolerance to it. I do! I stay away from anything with wheat or added wheat in it. I do eat things with gluten here and there, but I plan ahead and also afterwards I will not have any food containing gluten for several days.

I stepped on the scale today and I literally got teary from joy. I weighed in at 204!!!! Menopause, medications, etc makes weight loss slow and I purposely have been staying away from the scale. I might weight every other week now because I am excited to break the 200 mark Since July I have lost 16 pounds....wow, just wow. I am losing at a rate of a bit under one pound per week.
HydraWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:13 PM   #208  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Hello All!

I would like to join in with ya'll if that's ok? I am 59 will be 60 in August. Have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, all the usual suspects that come from being overweight. I was just put on a weekly shot for diabetes in addition to oral medication. I am seeing a dietitian next week for what I call "Remedial Diabetes Class". I just got support stockings for swollen ankles, they are so NOT comfortable! My first day wearing them. Anyway thanks for letting me post.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:00 AM   #209  
Want to feel better

Hi TamTam,

I remember you from back along. I think you used to post on this thread at one time. You are welcome to join this thread. Sadly, it is not as active as it once was. I visited 3FC daily for many years and enjoyed this 50+ group. People came and went, but there was a group that were pretty regular. Eventually, little by little, people dropped out and the thread became less active. Because it was less active and I was spending more time on the computer than I should have been, I stopped coming here as often as well. I haven't been here for months now. I hope that either this group picks up or that you find a group that is more active. It can be fun and very supportive if you find an active group. Hope you get used to those support stockings so that they don't feel so uncomfortable to you.

Take care
Old 06-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 232/*/138

Height: 67

I'd like to join too, and maybe help pick things up a bit. I'm 53 and just finished a 5-Day water only fast. I've tried countless diets and found the lifestyle that seems to work me is intermittent fasting, predominantly keto. Not just for weight loss/control, but for the health. It's all but eliminated my migraines.
Salma is offline   Reply With Quote