Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 08:49 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Sandy, I meant to comment more about our early dinner. I tend to go to bed early, so dinner is not really so early. Sometimes I am in bed at 8 PM. If I do that, I'm usually watching TV, and then I fall asleep watching. DH stays up later and usually eats something in the evening. I really feel so much better if I don't have food on my stomach at bedtime. It takes some getting used to. I think we have ourselves trained to eat something.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:26 PM   #32  

Height: 5'3"

We got home this afternoon from a short trip to Port Townsend, Wa where we stayed at our timeshare resort. It is a beautiful area with the bay in back of our unit. They only have two, two with loft, and three bedroom units, and were only able to get the two bedroom loft. That means it has two bedrooms ..large master with bath with jacuzzi downstairs, a second bedroom and loft with a pull-out sofa, and bath upstairs, a laundry room in between the stairs and the kitchen, dining area, living room upstairs. We normally only have a studio or one bedroom but we took what they had for just four nights.

I planned to fix one meal...but while i brought all the other ingredients I forgot the main one, salmon! At first I was going to just buy some chicken and prepare it with that instead...not about to spend $$ on salmon there when my freezer is full of Chinook at home...but I got lazy and we just ate out and then had leftovers in the evening. With one exception..on the first night we ate at the closest restaurant to the resort. I got halibut fish and chips and they were the best I've ever eaten. Wanted to go back but never did.

We explored three small towns...Squim, we'd lived in nearby Port Angeles for about ten months 44 years ago, so some things we'd seen but not everything and of course so many changes. We followed that by going back to Port Angles and searched for our old house (rented) and despite enormous change, we are sure we found it!! The reason we could find it was because it was kitty corner from a park...so when we found the park it was easy. The park has changed a lot but still a park and the old houses are still there, just changed. Still had the fence enclosing the front yard, the back yard open. I remember looking out the kitchen window and watching my now 46 yr old son playing...he was just barely three....one time he was lying on the ground with a snake running along beside him happy as a clam..not sure if the snake was enjoying it as much. Also once when I wasn't looking, he went out of the yard. I was so scared when I looked out and he was gone. I ran out...there was an alley running between the rows of houses (still is) and I ran down the alley and around the block to the other street looking for him. No sign of him, then I was really scared...came back to the front of our house, and looking down the street, I could see a little boy with a cowboy hat and rifle coming toward me and knew it was my boy. Told him don't EVER do that to mommy again!! And he never did at least not til he was much older. He was always a rascal though, and not easy to keep up with. Our oldest dd, then 6 when we moved there, started school in Portland, then we moved there. I remember walking her to school to get her enrolled and also walking her over to the park where she met her bus each school day. She was so small compared to the others waiting there and being new was shy, so I would wait with her along with her brother in his stroller. There were no little girls in our neighborhood. We moved before school was quite out and I invited the whole class to come to our house for an end of year party. I remember I served fried chicken and cake...don't remember what else, but we played games and they enjoyed playing in the front yard on the swing set. I was exhausted when it was over but we had fun. It was fun to be back there, seeing the house and park and reminiscing. Hard to believe my little girl is now 51!

We also explored Port Townsend a little...looked at the historic homes and went through a museum at the old Town Hall with the jail etc. We also walked out on the dock.There were more interesting stores there to browse there, but dh was in pain from the walking we'd done already so skipped them for his sake. He's gotten so even a little walking is painful for him, when sitting he's ok though. So when I do browse stores, I just go in a few and he finds places to sit and wait for me, but I'd rather have a pain-free husband than look in stores. He always wants to please me and will try and endure it, but don't want that.

On the way home we stopped and met up with our gd who attends St Martins college for lunch. We haven't been up there for a long time although she has been down here a couple times. It was good to talk with her. She is a very good student and is planning to be a neurosurgeon.

Picked up Halo on way home. She seemed glad to see us, and happy to be home. She's back in her usual place on the love seat looking out the window.

Sorry this is long and I'm too tired to do personals this time. Will catch up next time.

Last edited by maryea; 04-21-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:59 PM   #33  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Another dreary drippy day here today. At one point this morning ~ it got as dark as night and we had another round of thunder, lightening and more rain.

I have done a few little things ~ I should be doing something else, but just keep fooling around on here.

I did both parts of my walk today but had to use the treadmill, it was too wet outside.

Sometimes things work out better than you think they will. I had an eye doctor appointment scheduled that fell during the time while I am gone to visit my mom. I expected that what ever I could get for an appointment would be months out ~ he is a good doctor and booked up months in advance. I called on Monday to reschedule it ~ the lady at the doctor's office said that only two of their staff had made it in to work (because of the storm and flooding). She asked me to call back in a couple days when, with more people it would be easier for them to help me. I was gonna call today, but before I got a chance to do it they called me ~ the doctor doesn't come to that location anymore on the day I was to go, so they needed me to reschedule. I was surprised when she had an appointment available for tomorrow. I jumped on that.

Sorry, I never got around to the personals today. Now it is bedtime. I can't fool around tomorrow ~ have to get up early to make that doctor appointment.

Hope you all have a good rest.

Last edited by glynne; 04-21-2016 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:21 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 243.50/227.50/190

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Good morning everyone,
The night before last night we had to go to the hospital for Nan as she was extremely sick with vomiting and nausea from the radiation treatment. They gave her an IV of medicine for nausea and saline. We didn't get home until 3 am. The doctor gave her a prescription for nausea pills. Yesterday she had her radiation treatment at 5 pm and it went really well....no nausea (she took a nausea pill one hour before her treatment. Today her appointment is for 4 pm and then every day next week. This morning I am having 2 grab bars installed in the bath tub area to make it easier for Nan to manage getting in and out for her shower. I didn't get anything else done yesterday as I was tired from that hospital visit. Sometime this weekend I really need to give my lawnmower some maintenance to ensure it will start as the grass has started to grow. I also need to change over my closet from winter to summer clothes.

Gayle walking in your street circle twice is a good idea. I haven't gotten on the scale; watched my diet or exercise for quite awhile now and really need a kick in the butt. I can't let all the running around and helping Nan stop me from my weight loss endeavors.

Mary Your little holiday really sounds great and the timeshare resort where you stayed sounds so inviting. I'm glad you had a good time.

Have a good day everyone,
Karrine
Old 04-22-2016, 08:37 AM   #35  

Karrine, I'm sorry to hear that Nan was so sick. I feel so bad for her. DH put some grab bars in our shower/tub combo. When he told me he was going to do it I didn't want him to, but they look nicer than I thought they would and I like having them.

Mary, sounds like you had a nice trip. Where did Halo stay while you were gone? My mother told me that one day when I was about 3 years old I was outside in the yard playing and she looked out and I was gone. We lived in a neighborhood with sidewalks. She walked up and down calling for me. Finally, a neighbor she didn't know about half way down the block motioned her into their yard. I was in their hammock, fast asleep. They said I wandered into the yard and they didn't know who I was or where I came from. That was back in the 40s. It was different times back then. I don't know what they would have done if my mother hadn't come looking for me. Hopefully, called the police. Today, she would have been put in jail for neglect.

Gayle, your eye doctor appointment worked out better than my CPap supply order. The company has changed hands, and they called me back and told me they couldn't fill my order without a new prescription from the doctor. He was a lung doctor from the hospital and I haven't gone to see him for years. I didn't like him, and since his specialty was lungs, he didn't seem to know much about the Cpap.
If I have to go to a doctor, I will go to the one my step-son went to. He specializes in sleep studies. I really didn't want to go because since he's a different doctor he very well might require that I go for another sleep study. I really hated that. I had to stay overnight on two different occasions. I have heard that now they can give you something to take home and have the sleep study at home. That would be OK. Otherwise, I told the woman at the company that when my CPap falls apart I will just stop using it. I took it out on her, even though she was just the messenger. I don't think I could ever sleep without it. The only time I went without it was in the hospital, and they just put me on oxygen at night.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:54 PM   #36  

Hi everyone! We went to the gym this morning. Felt like I got a good workout this morning and it was easier than usual. I'm using essential oils and the one I use in the am is called Focus...maybe it is helping. I have also started a new workout program here at home...not always consistent and it is difficult for me but I enjoy it too and feel better afterward. It will be slow going but I hope to do it 15 min every other day.

I thought I walked quite a lot on the trip but I still gained 2# back...having such a problem getting back to my sig weight! Besides the walking we did on our sightseeing (which we did try to keep to a minimum for dh's sake), I walked up this VERY steep hill a few times to go to the office. But I did overeat the last day and of course there is all the eating out although I did take 1/2 of everything back to the condo.

We are eating out for lunch again today too! Our dd wanted to meet us at a restaurant for lunch as she is going to be delivering product over here and it is not often she is over here, so we always like to meet up if we can either here at our house (sometimes we have the kids while she delivers) or at a restaurant. But she was having problems getting out of the house and had to cancel for lack of time. So we are all dressed up and no where to go I've been wanting to go to the is new restaurant at the mall for a while now and dh has not wanted to go because he thinks it's expensive. He was willing to meet our dd and gc there though so I told him we should just go ourselves now and he agreed. I told him I'll probably just get an appetizer and drink.

Carole Sue - Halo stayed with our son while we were gone. He had planned to stay here at our house with her but at the last minute he had to go on a business trip so was only here one night and took her to his house. Since they are not really supposed to have a dog there, we picked her up on the way home, so it wouldn't be any longer. At least we also got to see their place (too small, so hopefully temporary), and see the baby.

You were talking about bedtimes and not eating after dinner...our schedule is very different than yours. We get up about 8-9 most mornings and go to bed about 11:30 most nights. We have dinner anywhere from 5:30-7:30 and occasionally later. I try not to eat past 9. I am doing much better but it is still in my mind that I should be able to have a snack before bed. My bs though was coming down before we left, but on the trip it was consistently high, many over 200. Hopefully that will change now that we are back home.

We are on on city water but we do have a septic tank so not on sewer. The sewer is just at the bottom of our cul-de-sac but none of us want to pay to have it brought up and so far we have not been forced to do that.

Glynne - Glad you are keeping up with your PT exercises.

Gotta run, dd just called and said she can meet us afterall...

Karrine - You work hard. How is your ankle now? Continuing to pray for both you and Nan.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:18 PM   #37  

Height: 5' 2"

Mary Only 2 pound gain? Glad you had such a good time. Bedtime is closer to mine, and I get up around 7:30 to 8.

Tomorrow we leave the house by 7:30AM to go to WV to Ramp Festival where we'll meet our oldest daughter and her husband who has hunted and fished with DH for many years. When we meet up, Kit will join me in my car and DH in his then we'll head into the forest to look at wild flowers, dig ramps, and SIL will cook us a great luncheon. At some time they will need to drive 6 hours back to their home and we'll have to come here. I'm really looking forward to seeing them.
Three of our 4 great grandchildren live close to them so I'll get lots of pictures and news. Weather promises to be just right. How lucky we are.

CarolSue Hope you can get the Rx for a new CPac. It would be scary to try to do without it. Do you prop up somewhat in bed to get higher than your rest of your body? Would that help? I saw a wedge for sale that is supposed to help someone who needs to be partly elevated in bed.

Karine You are so generous with your help and time for Nan. She is very fortunate. Not so fortunate with all the radiation and issues from it. Is the brace still helping your ankle?

Gayle Did your husband get to find out from the doctor if any thing is wrong with him?

Interstate was backed up today so I turned around on the entrance ramp and came back down and tried the back roads with lots and lots of other people. Too late for my appointment so we got groceries and came home still a different way. Glad we don't live where we did in the coal mine area years ago - one road in and same one out. Was scary to me.

Great supper thanks to DH for great Cod that I love, and a very big and nutritious Salad by DD. She is doing dishes so I really got off easy. Sandy
Old 04-23-2016, 05:36 AM   #38  

Good morning everyone,
Yesterday morning when Nan got up she found that she had lost 80% mobility in her legs. She can't walk but just shuffles. A nurse came in the morning to see how she was doing (there is a team of nurses and one of them come every day) and got in touch with her doctor. That resulted in her having another assessment at the hospital for 3 pm before her radiation treatment at 4 pm. The doctor is concerned that her advanced cancer is more advanced than thought so she was admitted to the hospital for the weekend where she will have another CT Scan and an MRI Scan. We will get those results from the doctor on Monday. I was too worried to bring her home because if her mobility gets worse she would be unable to get herself to the washroom. We ended up putting in 4 grab bars in the bathroom yesterday morning so I hope that will help her get into the tub for a shower. I am ok. My ankle bothered me a little more yesterday so hoping it is better today. The brace really helps.

Have a good day everyone,
Karrine
Old 04-23-2016, 06:17 AM   #39  
Want to feel better

Karrine ~ so sorry to hear that Nan's condition worsening so quickly. I am glad that she is in the hospital where they are better able to help her. I know you want to help her, but I worry about you as well ~ you need to take care of you too. How long has she been with you?

Last edited by glynne; 04-23-2016 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:40 AM   #40  

Sandy, I have a wedge pillow that I used for a while after heart surgery, but I am normally a side sleeper and that doesn't work for me. The only thing wrong with my CPap right now is the hose that goes to the headgear has a leak and DH put tape on it, so I don't know how long that will hold, or if he could repair it further. I found a place online that appears to sell them without a prescription, but it's $80, and doubt if my insurance would cover it. The other place accepts my insurance, but requires the RX. I will probably reach out to this other doctor eventually, but it's not an emergency. Yet.

Karrine
, I am so sorry to hear of Nan's sudden decline. That must be so scary for her and for you, but it's smart to realize that you might not be able to take care of her if she comes home. You don't want to get in over your head. She is in my prayers. She is very lucky to have you as a friend.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:58 PM   #41  

Busy day so far...went to our gs' martial arts class. He continues to have some kind of sensory deficit which causes learning disability and is sorta of a mild autism from what I understand but he is learning and doing better. He attends a special education class which seems to help him. He has problems focusing, but then can focus on somethings so hard he doesn't listen to anything else. Some of it is probably just his age but apparently they don't think it all is. The martial arts class not only teaches them the physical movements but they teach them about stranger danger, having confidence in themselves, doing there best, working hard at what they do, not giving up and being kind etc. My son told me he was struggling with something one day and our gs told him ..do your best, daddy. So even if he can't quite keep up with all the movements he is learning.

My bs is slowly coming down again I think. I'm still not sure what was keeping it up so high..it started before our trip..the only thing that I was doing differently was the essential oil...but I can't understand why it would do that. I'm going to try it again and see if my bs goes up again. I may wait until after my labs on Monday though just in case as they will check my A1C. It is the average over three months but any large numbers will of course affect that average. Perhaps it's not the oil causing it, maybe I have just been eating more not realizing it as I haven't been counting my carbs carefully.

We had a nice lunch with our dd and two gc yesterday. She was wearing one of the Lularoe dresses and looked so nice. They have different styles of beautiful dresses, even large sizes. It was the kind of dress I wore when I was skinny and would love to again...that got me thinking how long ago that's been. I started gaining in my 30s and haven't gotten below 140 since then. I don't remember how my tummy was at 140 but I know it was too big at 145. I even had a big tummy in high school but then it only really showed when I sat down. Could have been weak back muscles, I don't know. I sure wasn't overweight then.

While we were traveling I exercised most days besides the necessary walking. I just did what I remembered from the video which wasn't much but it still wore me out. Today I started exercising with the video again and I did the full 15 min with lots of stops to rest briefly. Hopefully I will get so I don't have to stop so often, but he does encourage you to stop when you need to. It's mostly squats, twists, push-ups, bat wings and leg and butt lifts so far. You do them over and over again, some pulses with the squats and leg/butt lifts...so it's very fast, and very tiring. I pause til my breathing slows and I no longer feel like I want to throw up. Then get back to it. I have to admit I feel better later on..after I've rested, I feel more limber and have more energy. It's so obvious that our bodies were made to move more than we usually do these days.

I started this post when I got back from our gs' classes but then went out to get a haircut and continued it after that. Scrubbed out the bathtub and took out the trash/garbage is all I've done in the house. The kids had a BBQ here while we were gone, but they cleaned up after themselves pretty well, still I can see signs of neglect, so need to get back to the housework...most will wait til next week now though.

Sandy - I hope you are having a great time on your day trip, it sounds delightful! When you mentioned the flowers it made me think of our trip to Death Valley. Can't remember what year it was but it was when we were going south regularly. That year the flowers were SO beautiful there and we enjoyed seeing them so much. It was very hot but so pretty. I am sorta planning a long road trip now trying to estimate the costs involved etc. Would love to get to WV but doubt we will get that far, more like KY and TN and then the southern right home.

Carole Sue - I hope you can get your cpap fixed or replaced when you need it. I am curious...I know both you and Glynne use a cpap...what was the cause of your needing them? Was it after you gained weight or did you have a problem with sleep apnea even before that? Just curious. My son who is probably 20-30# overweight has a dx of sleep apnea and has the machine but doesn't use it much. In fact, when he moved out he left it here. I think alcohol makes it worse for him and have warned him about that. He snores very loudly but apparently gets very little deep sleep. I hope he doesn't need the machine and not have it.

Karrine - You are truly a good friend to Nan, much more than just a landlord! I'm glad she has you but do take care of that ankle. Hope you have time to put it up sometimes each day. Glad you got the shower bars, sure to be helpful to her and think for all of us in the future probably. I'm thinking about getting some put in our bathrooms when we remodel. Just in case for the future.

Well better end this book and get other things done. Hi Glynne!

Last edited by maryea; 04-23-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:28 PM   #42  

It's nice to see my weight coming back down again now that we are home. Also my bs I think although I forgot to test so far today. I think I went over on carbs last night though. Tonight I will watch that because tomorrow we are going in for lab work. I also see the doctor this week.

We just got home from church and lunch at Subway. I was so happy because our son's ex-gf and her dd stopped over to say hello and ended up sitting with us. They are both such sweet girls and I am so glad they are still going to church...we attend a large church so even though I know they are probably there, I never see them. I learned today too that she was baptised on Easter and has brought several people into the church. Really encouraged me.

I wore my new pencil skirt for the first time and I love it! It is black and white, but sometimes the white looks kinda like cream, depends on the light I guess. It is a skirt I can wear with so many different colors of tops. Since it is cool here today I wore black leggings with it and my black gold flecked kimono. I added some color with a gold chain necklace and a dark red purse. LOL I'm still having fun with all this fashion stuff and to think I used to think that was all over for me.

I just put in a load of towels to wash. Think why that's going I'll take a nap.

Hope you're all having a good Sunday.

Last edited by maryea; 04-24-2016 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:59 PM   #43  

Hi everyone,
Just a quick note to tell you that the mobility of Nan's legs has improved a bit but we still have to get her a walker. It has been very hectic here lately so sorry if I don't do personals. A bit of good news....I only wore my ankle brace for part of the day today and it went well. As far as Nan is concerned she had her MRI today but still needs the CAT Scan so if that is done in the morning and we get results it is possible that she might get discharged tomorrow. I'll need to rearrange some furniture to accommodate her new walker.
Thank you for all your prayers,
Karrine
Old 04-25-2016, 12:05 AM   #44  
Want to feel better

Good evening GG's,

It's been kind of a weird day today. Don't know why exactly. It was one of these dreary cloudy days. I guess maybe the day just kind of went by and I couldn't think where the time had gone. Didn't seem like I had done much. I did do some puttery computer stuff in the morning that did need to be done. In the afternoon I did some cooking.

I got to talk to mom a little bit yesterday and today. I am so thankful that she is doing better. Yesterday was her birthday (83 years old) ~ I sang Happy Birthday to her ~ she seemed to get a kick out of that.

Steve is over at Sara's ~ putting a dimmer switch in for her dining room light. I thought he'd be back by now, but maybe he is having a visit with her. Sometimes when he is out running errands, I enjoy the alone time. Other times, when he is not here, I feel kind of restless and don't know what to do with myself. I enjoyed a visit by phone with my sister, but when we were done talking, I kept wishing Steve would get back home. We don't hang out together all that much ~ he does his thing and I do mine, but it just somehow feels less lonely when he is here and I am not all alone.

My eating has not been so great today. (I also haven't gotten the walking in the last couple days.) I seem to want to just stuff my face. Some of the times I have stuffed it with healthy stuff then other times, my choices weren't so good. Sigh......The number on the scale will probably be back up again tomorrow. I think I am feeling sort of stressed by some up coming events.

Karrine ~ glad that Nan has had a little improvement in her mobility. Totally understandable that you aren't able to get to the personals ~ don't worry about those ~ you need to take care of yourself and Nan. Glad for you that your ankle is feeling better.

Mary ~ glad your weight and blood sugar are coming back down. Your outfit you described sounds pretty. Glad you got a chance to rest a little today ~ you are such a busy one. About the C-Pap, I was always feeling tired and was not sleeping well (thought it was just the fate of a night shift worker and the menopause time of my life had hit also). I had shared about my tiredness with my brother-in-law (a doctor). I was explaining how I knew I needed to exercise and lose weight, but that I was always so tired that sometimes even though I knew what I needed to do, I was too tired to care about doing it. He suggested asking my PCP if I could have a sleep study ~ it showed obstructive sleep apnea and restless leg syndrome. That is how I ended up with the C-Pap. Weight gain had a lot to do with it. Supposidly if I can lose enough weight, I may not need it anymore, but I have gotten so used to it ~ I'm not sure I can sleep without it. Occasionally (only very occasionally) I fall asleep without it, but I feel better when I use it. I can tell a difference ~ I don't feel so good when I have slept without it. I sleep, but I don't think it is quality sleep.

Carol Sue ~ I hope you can get your C-Pap issues resolved. I can understand your not wanting to have to repeat the sleep study. I have had it done 3 times. The first time, I had to have a tube put in my nose that went down into my throat ~ something having to do with measuring the pressure in my throat. That was the part I hated. The guy who placed it did a good job and I guess it was more fear of the unknown ~ as I had never had anything like that before. I'd been on the nurse end of it ~ and always was pretty sure I would hate if I had to have one myself. I was so scared that I would accidentally get tangled up in it and pull it out and have to have it placed again. The second time I had it done, the lady didn't do as good a job as the guy had done. The tube didn't go where it should and I coughed and choked and strangled with it. I didn't want her to take it out and put it again, but she said it wouldn't work right like it was, so she had to do it again. It went in ok the second time thank goodness. The third time I had the sleep study, I didn't have to have that tube up my nose ~ I didn't understand why and questioned them about it. They said the doctor didn't order it that time around. They said they could call him and ask for if I wanted them to ~ I said ~ oh no ~ if he doesn't think it is necessary, I sure don't want it. I can't remember now why I had to have it repeated. The third time, they also did a part during the day time where they would let me take a nap, then wake me up after a couple hours ~ that went on for several hours.

Sandy ~ what is a ramp festival? I have never heard of that. Sounds like a lovely weekend for you. Some wonderful family time. Glad the weather is going to be so nice for it. Enjoy. Oh, my husband went to get something in his neck checked out. Some place where he had been given a radiation treatment as a child ~ and they have been kind of keeping an eye on it over the years. I can't remember exactly what it was that he had that done for. Anyway everything is still ok with it ~ thank goodness.

Guess I'd better get off here and get to bed. Hope you all have had a nice weekend.

Last edited by glynne; 04-25-2016 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:43 PM   #45  

This morning we went in for our lab work...took longer because dh was told his order wasn't in the computer. So finally we left, just got on the road and they called saying they had it and we went back. He was supposed to get this lab done 1/2 way through a particular drug treatment so didn't want to put it off.

I may have spoke too fast about my bs coming down because it was 199 this morning. I do still take the essential oil at bedtime (called Sleep) and it does help me sleep. I see nothing in it that I know is likely to increase bs but think I'll google some of the ingredients to be sure. Hope this past week doesn't affect my A1C too much.

I'm still very stiff from the new exercises. Since we went to the gym, may not do them today. I walked 1/2 mile (abt 10 min usually tho I didn't time), rode bike 24 min. and used 3 weight machines as usual. Really don't think that is enough for me though and I probably should increase it or do something more intense which the home exercises are.

I think my son had a sleep study done. I don't think I could sleep for them just because I'm not in my own bed. I often don't even sleep good the first night at someone else's house or in our condos. I sleep best at home in my own bed but don't do too well there. I wake up a lot, get up at least once usually more, and lay a wake a lot, sometimes sleeping lightly off and non. The darker and cooler and quieter the room the better I sleep. I also doubt I'd sleep with a tube down my throat as I don't like anything different on me when I sleep. I remember after my hernia surgery I need oxygen for a while and I had trouble sleeping with it. Even a twisted nightgown can bother me. I also rarely sleep when I lay down during the day. I do think I'm better at that then when I was younger though.

I'm very tired right now and may try to lay down for a few minutes at last. I have too much to do to stay down longer. I can't stand how dirty my house is right now.

Last edited by maryea; 04-25-2016 at 03:46 PM.
Closed Thread