Old 01-30-2016, 05:50 PM   #1  

Default New here from Texas

Looking for support and encouragement to lose around 50 lbs. I am a married and a teachers Aide and I am 57 years old and in the last 3 years have gained 40 lbs. Not sure if its just getting older, metabolism slowing, Dad passing away, moving...But all I know is I am sick of buying bigger clothes and feeling so horrible...I am ready to be healthy again...I have tried a few times and got discouraged because of such slow weight loss (it sure isn't like it used to be when I could lose 6 lbs a week)!!! Exercise is very hard for me right now because Im soooo out of shape and get winded really fast but I know it will get easier. Just wanting and NEEDING daily help, words of knowledge, Words of encouragement and others to travel this journey beside me. Starting at current weight 199 tomorrow. I will be doing prob 1200 calories to start with, low carb diet with 20 minutes of exercise to starting off.
From Texas, Thanks Yall
Beverlykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:44 PM   #2  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi Beverlykay!

I'm 52 and have gained around 40 pounds in the last 10 years. I have lost and regained the same 10 pounds over and over again. I have just recently noticed what a struggle it is to lose even those 10 pounds now that my hormones are no longer on my side! I am new to this posting stuff, but people here assure me the weight can still be lost, and several have lost a significant amount. It just takes longer. Good luck to you!
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote