Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 06:31 AM   #436  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Smile Thoughts...

for a happy life.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sometimes.jpg (8.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Important.jpg (7.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Eat.jpg (11.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Deprive.jpg (14.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg health.jpg (5.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-21-2015, 09:29 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Corinna--Hang in there...those pesky pounds will go away.

Renee--Glad the horse show went well. If you have photos you don't mind sharing, I'd love to see them. Have fun on the trip!

Luv2garden--That sounds like a truly awesome sliding sledding day! I'm envious. We don't generally get a great deal of snow here, just lots of ice.

1600ish k/cal for me today. Tired of being hungry, but tired of being fat.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:31 AM   #438  
Focus & Determination

Smile

Darkblue-think thin, think thin. You can do it!!!

Tiredness must be spreading around. I have got it too.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:37 AM   #439  
Focus & Determination

Smile More thoughts....

to think about....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Life.jpg (12.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: png NewStart.png (15.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 09-22-2015, 06:51 AM   #440  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning girls
Isn't this weather crazy right now, shorts in the daytime & a blanket @ night. Our days r beautiful w the warm fall air fragrance. Our leaves r just beginning to change color. The only bad thing for me is that my carb cravings r beginning... Today for supper I'm making a squash casserole or russet & sweet potato soup

Renee, Thanks for your horse info. I agree about the daily time, but it's like that w all farm pets & livestock. As long as we love them it doesn't matter. Ppl have more expensive hobbies than animals.

Corinna, Thanks for sharing about when u lived here in the states. Is your Dh a Aussie or from the U.S. also? A couple of years ago my Dh had the opportunity to work for his company in Australia w a co-worker @ their bussiness branch & after going through what is involved w our moving & documents, etc. Dh decided to stay @ his job here. I know w everything u will b going through w your relocation that your pounds will b dropping off very soon.

Blue, This will b your week to drop -1 pound & next week your body will b in a new routine & it will continue thinking 'that was easy, so I'll start losing -2 pounds weekly'. Fat vs muscle building memory. Remember to set realistic monthly goals, not a big shocking final goal in your bodies health journey. Our brain needs to feel successful w baby steps to achieve your goal.

Sandy, on your loss. I had relatives in W.V. as a small child near St. Albans a little area, it may nolonger exist? It wasn't far from S.Charleston & I remember winter snow on the mountains. The ppl were very kind down there. If u still live down south u have lots of months u can go on walks This week you'll have another loss

Keep moving chicks we will reach our goals
Old 09-22-2015, 06:54 AM   #441  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Doing a few day trips this week...must have will power....

Yesterday:
B - oatmeal with blueberries
S - banana
L - fried egg sandwich
S - graham crackers
D - chicken stirfry with rice
Old 09-22-2015, 10:00 PM   #442  

1600ish again today. It's getting a little easier.

Renee--be strong! Eating out has sooo many temptations.

Corinna--thanks for all the mini motivational posters!

*waves at Dee*
Old 09-23-2015, 06:00 AM   #443  

Good morning ladies! Taking a little trip to the "Chocolate " capitol, Hershey, PA. Haven't been there in years.

Yesterday:
B - oatmeal with blueberries
S - banana
L - fried egg sandwich
S - plum
D - meatloaf and veggies
Old 09-23-2015, 06:57 AM   #444  
Focus & Determination

Smile

Dee-we are both from the U.S. Thanks for all the kind words and support you have provided to everyone here. You are a true cheer leader.

Renee-keep that will power strong. Especially visiting Hershey. Are you visiting the Hershey Chocolate Company too for a tour. I wonder if they still pass out a candy bar and hot chocolate mix there at the end of their Chocolate making tours. Perhaps a small chocolate kiss or 2 will suffice. It would be hard to resist.

Darkblue
-you are doing good and staying on track.

The house here is starting to look more vacant as we sell off stuff. Today was a good day selling. Not too much more stuff to go.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:15 AM   #445  
Focus & Determination

Smile Who do you see when you look in the mirror?

I had a bit of a surreal moment this afternoon when I glanced in the mirror before heading out for school pick-up. I caught a glimpse of something on the side of my face, and I leaned in to check. What I saw shocked me. I saw my face close-up, not over the bathroom sink a few feet back, and I actually looked for longer than two seconds. Who was this person staring back at me? I hardly recognised myself!

Sure – every day I look briefly in the mirror when I brush my teeth and blow dry my hair but I am usually thinking more about the grocery list or the next email I need to write. After all, I know what I look like, don’t I? But apparently I was not as familiar with my own self as I had imagined.
Because today I saw someone totally different than who I usually see.

Today I really saw myself.

Today I saw that I’m a true grown-up now. When did that happen? I have a few dozen grey hairs and I don’t have a baby face with chubby cheeks any more (I can’t believe I still think of myself as a kid). I saw a woman who has born three children and is now responsible for feeding, clothing, and raising them to be responsible and caring members of society. A woman who has known joy, loss, self-doubt, and gratitude along this road called motherhood, and still questions if she is a good mother every single day.

I saw someone who was frustrated not to complete the three things on her “to do” list because she got totally distracted with other tasks… I saw someone who couldn’t wait to watch the next episode of Downton Abbey (and felt a bit guilty about that). I saw someone instead of “just me.”

After I pondered who I was for a few moments, I then turned my thoughts to what other people see when they look at me. When my children look at me, who do they see? When my husband looks at me, who does he see? When my parents look at me, who do they see? When my friends look at me, who do they see? When a stranger looks at me, who do they see? Would these answers be similar to mine when I think about the person I see when I look in the mirror?

I was surprised to discover that I imagined other peoples’ answers would be quite different to my own.

The concept of “self” seems to be a strange one. I may think of myself totally different to how someone else sees me… but which version is more true? Am I really seeing “me” when I look at myself every day… or am I thinking of myself critically… always focusing on my flaws, my imperfections, or even my childhood self?

Do I tell myself “that’s not important” or “you’re not good at that” when I would never think of someone else the same way? Am I treating myself as a real person – with legitimate needs, a unique personality, and true gifts to offer the world?

Or am I just glazing over when I look at myself… dismissing this person (me) as someone I don’t really need to pay much attention to? Do I really know myself? Do I value myself? Do I take myself seriously?

Have you ever had a moment when you realised that you weren’t who you thought you were? Maybe you were someone different? Maybe – if you saw yourself from the outside – you might not be that bad?

Might you remind that person that even if they did not complete three things on the “to do” list, they were still busy with a dozen other jobs that made the household run smoothly? Might you tell them it’s okay to set aside some time for a favourite television show at the end of a long day… that it’s okay to relax and do “nothing” once in a while?

I encourage you to look in the mirror and see yourself. Really see yourself. Then look at yourself through the eyes of others and think about who you are to them.

I bet you won’t be perfect… because none of us are. But I also bet you won’t be half as bad as you thought. In fact you are probably trying really hard at this thing called life. And I bet those around you think of you a lot differently – and a lot better – than you think of yourself. Go on, take a look.

Who do you see? What would you like to say to that woman? Would you be kinder to yourself, looking from the outside?

(Source: http://www.momentsaday.com/who-do-yo...in-the-mirror/)
Old 09-23-2015, 06:08 PM   #446  

Height: 5' 2"

Corenna This reflection is really powerful!!! I realize that I do need to be kinder to myself. I need to adjust my image as much as I do need to let go problems others cause me.

miniDoodles I do know St. Albans, WV. I first went there when our kids were preschoolers and now they are in their 50's. I was there recently and it is still a quiet town with a great Library.

Renee Oh, Hershey, PA smells great even from a distance, I've been told. A friend used the cocoa shells as a mulch around her Patio and said that that delightful aroma lasted "too long."

DarkBlue Good for you in persisting toward your goals. This is a life style change that we can make providing we continue being persistent.

More digging in heavy clay soil to plant some beautiful Purple Asters near the yellow Daylilies that are supposed to re-bloom this time of year. Even if the yellow blooms don't come, I'll enjoy the "Purple Dome" Asters year after year. Love perennials.

After all that gardening, to Massage Therapist for much needed Massage that has my back and other muscles feeling fine. So grateful to her.

I agree that this fall weather is delightful land certainly calls me outside to enjoy it. I see some shrubs and trees starting to change colors here, too.

Get outdoors and enjoy life!!! Sandy

Last edited by love2garden; 09-23-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:09 AM   #447  

Sandy--I wish I had the motivation to garden. I love gardens and flowers but never do it myself. Massage sounds wonderful. Do you have photos of your flowers?

Corinna--How much of your furniture can you move here? How long will it take?

Renee--Our kids really enjoyed the Hershey tour. I'd like to have spent more time in the town itself. It looks almost like a Hollywood set, for some reason.

I do need to get more outside. Today was unreal-crazy at work.

1600ish today. I think there may be broccoli in my future....
Old 09-24-2015, 05:42 AM   #448  
Focus & Determination

Smile

Broccoli, Broccoli, Broccoli!!!!

Not moving couches, table, or bed. However everything else is going. Will probably take 2 months or so to arrive. Hopefully by then we will have found a house to live in.

I got my work to plan on hosting a healthy lunch meal next week. It will have all kinds of vegetables made in an assortment of various Indian foods prepared by a couple of Indian Chefs. I am very excited about it. I think it will be a big hit.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:52 AM   #449  
Focus & Determination

Smile How to Improve Metabolism

A slow metabolism... it's not just an excuse for being fat. Having a slow metabolism can be a major contributor to weight loss or the lack of it. A slow metabolism can throw a huge monkey wrench into your weight loss program, derailing your diet and workout plans big time. In fact, many eager and well-intentioned dieters are thwarted, sometimes even before they begin, by a slow metabolism that causes fatigue and even digestive problems, leaving them feeling too sluggish and tired to endure all those well-intentioned plans. If you're someone who suffers from a slow metabolism, it's important that you know it beforehand; for, simply knowing the truth about your metabolism can help you to get on the right diet and workout program for your body. Of course, knowing you have a slow metabolism is only the first step in fixing it. Here are some daily health tips you can follow to improve your metabolism in order to get your diet and workout plans back on track.

Diet

It's no surprise that there are foods that can slow your metabolism. Processed foods contain little to no nutritional value. Eating too many of these can slow down your metabolism and wreck your weight-loss program faster than anything. However, not eating the right foods can also decrease your metabolic rate. Known metabolism boosters include raw natural fruits and vegetables, healthy fats, and lean proteins. Be sure to eat a diet that includes at least five servings of fruits and vegetables per day; lean proteins that include B vitamins such as salmon, steak, and lean turkey and chicken; and foods that contain healthy fats and oils such as olive oil, eggs, pumpkin seeds, almonds, and salmon.

When to eat

By the same token, when you eat can be almost as important as what you eat. If you're someone whose metabolism needs a little boost every now and then, try eating several smaller meals a day, rather than three bigger meals. This can help to increase your metabolic rate because, well, your metabolism never really has a chance to slow down! Another helpful tip is to eat breakfast. Skipping breakfast can slow you down and keep you sluggish all day. If you're not hungry in the morning, try a smoothie made with fresh fruits and even vegetables to rev you up without weighing you down.

Hydration

Keeping hydrated is essential when it comes to metabolism. If your cells aren't hydrated, they're not getting enough oxygen, and oxygen to the cells is what keeps your metabolism going, and it plays a major role in weight loss. Additionally, drinking water can help to curb your appetite, which can help you eat less at every meal, and it can help you snack less.

Exercise

One of the most important things you can do for speeding up your metabolism is to get regular exercise. Cardio exercise is great for boosting metabolism because it works your heart. Weight training is great for metabolism because it builds lean muscle, and when you've got more lean muscle, your body becomes a better fat-burning machine.

Signs your metabolism may be slow

The major signs your metabolism may be slow are chronic fatigue; coarse, dry hair; hair loss; difficulties with digestion, such as constipation, bloating, and acid reflux; and cold intolerance. If you're someone who suffers from more than one of these symptoms, be sure to see your doctor for tests for diseases such as low thyroid.

Two of the most important keys to fighting and improving a slow metabolism are hydration and muscle tone. Keeping your body well hydrated will help to keep your cells healthy and energized. If you're not drinking enough pure water, then your cells are going to feel like lying down and going to sleep. And that means your energy level will be low. Eating raw fruits and vegetables is also a great way to hydrate your cells and get them the nutrition they need. Muscle tone is another important means of improving a slow metabolism and keeping it at working properly. If your body is lacking in muscle tone, it's not as efficient at burning fat, and that will only add to your fatigue factor. The most important thing to remember when improving a slow metabolism is... baby steps. Just like a derailed train, the idea is to get your diet and workout program back on track.

(Source: http://www.vegfriend.com/profiles/bl...ove-metabolism )
Old 09-25-2015, 05:59 AM   #450  

I'm back! Had a delightful 2 days away! Really was careful with my food choices, but of course had to bring back a bit of chocolate

Yesterday:
B - cereal
S - granola bar
L - roast beef sandwich
D - pork chop and veggies
Closed Thread