Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 06:01 AM   #391  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Darkblue-you're still hanging in there. I hope you see some progress this week.

My weigh-in shows I remained the same as last week. That is good for now.

Last edited by Corinna T; 09-12-2015 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:09 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

I gained 1 lb. I know what to do, but can't seem to stick to it. My portions are too big. I have no self control

Yesterday:
B - oatmeal with blueberries
S - granola bar
L - hamburger
S - grapes
D - sausage and peppers with rice
Old 09-12-2015, 06:24 AM   #393  
Focus & Determination

Smile Healthy Fundraisers for School

The link below contains a 2014 article, but it has some good information.

FarmRaiser helps schools and community groups to raise funds through the sales of healthy products that are grown or made right in your community.

(Source: http://school-bites.com/take-healthy...ser-challenge/)

Last edited by Corinna T; 09-12-2015 at 06:25 AM.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:34 AM   #394  
Focus & Determination

Renee-don't lose hope yet. Have you tried eating using a smaller plate? How about putting pictures on your table or on the refrigerator of what you want to look like or don't want to look like?
Old 09-12-2015, 08:45 AM   #395  

Corinna- I will try using a smaller plate. That should help.....
Old 09-12-2015, 10:28 AM   #396  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Renee--I can't judge portions either, so I'm using measuring cups and spoons. I bought a couple very cheap plastic sets at WalMart and use them to scoop cereal, veggies, pasta, etc. There is a teaspoon in the sugar bowl and I leave the wrapper on the stick of butter so I can tell how much a tablespoon or teaspoon is.

The hard part is meat. Most calorie-count websites offer information in ounces or grams or 'serving size.' I have no clue what a serving size of chicken is....just have to guess. I do have a kitchen scale, but it's not accurate at levels like 4 ounces or 100 grams.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:45 PM   #397  

1460 today, but probably underestimating.

Weigh-in tomorrow!
Old 09-13-2015, 12:47 AM   #398  
Focus & Determination

Smile

Darkblue-You can do it!! I am looking forward to seeing that dancing Broccoli spear on your weight ticker soon.

Renee-just make sure the smaller plate is not over packed and keep it a one course meal (no seconds ). Just pretend you are stranded in boat, and you need to ration your food, so you will have something to eat each day until rescuers arrive. I know you can do it! Here is a double dose of support for you.

Last edited by Corinna T; 09-13-2015 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:20 AM   #399  
Focus & Determination

Smile 35 Fun Ways to Lose Weight With Friends

Trying to slim down? Here's how to get by with a little help from your friends. [First 10 of 35]

By More.com Health Editors

Pack a coworker’s lunch

This is a great way to keep portion sizes in check. The idea is that you each pick a day of the week to pack a lunch for the both of you, says Ashley Koff, RD, author of Mom Energy. “You discuss food likes and issues beforehand and can use a nutrition plan like this one to create a nutrient-balanced eating occasion. “The benefit here is that we typically overdo it when we make a meal for ourselves but splitting it in two is easier when you have someone to give the other half too,” says Koff “Plus, most of us get a little more inspired when cooking and/or assembling food for another person, so the creative spirit may come out in force.”

Make a morning motivational call

Take five minutes while you’re drinking your coffee or packing your lunch to phone a friend and share your exercise or health commitments for the day, recommends JJ Virgin, celebrity nutrition and fitness expert and the bestselling author of Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy. Setting your intention will make you more likely to follow through.

Make it visual

Create a fitness calendar with friends or co-workers, says celebrity strength and conditioning coach and certified sports nutritionist Jay Cardiello. “Use shiny stars and smiley face stickers to mark workout days and use playful fruity stickers to select the one day that month that you'll both celebrate yourselves with that piece of low-fat cheesecake that you’ve been putting off.”

Step on the scale

Schedule a weekly weigh-in with your friends, says Virgin. Knowing you’ll have to report your number will keep you accountable during the week.

Log meals online

Join an online community, such as SparkPeople.com, where you can count calories and then link your profile to a friend’s. “Sharing your diet will help keep you on track,” says Stefan Aschan, MSc, author of Alpine Weight Loss Secrets.

Start fresh

“Do a cleanse together,” say Sara Haley, Global Reebok Master Trainer, independent fitness consultant and creator of the upcoming prenatal fitness DVD Daily Sweat Pregnancy Program: Expecting More. “I love the ******** Cleanse because you can eat on it!”

Share a trainer

Once a week, make a training date with a pal and a kick-butt trainer, suggests Virgin. “It’s a great way to save money and spend time together.

Establish a lifeline

Do you have a BFF who’s good at doling out tough love? Ask her to be your lifeline, says Virgin. That way, when a craving strikes you can call or text her before you binge and she can remind you of the goals you’ve set and the commitment you’ve made to living healthier.

Celebrate your success

Set mutual benchmarks along your weight loss journey and treat yourselves to fun (non-edible) rewards, such as manicures and pedicures, when you reach them, says Virgin.

Try new activities

Have you always wanted to try Bikram yoga but didn't want to buy an expensive package? “Deal-of-the-day websites such as Groupon and LivingSocial offer deep discounts on monthly packages and are great ways to take advantage of a new type of workout,” says Heather Bauer, RD, CDN, founder of Nu-Train and author of Bread is the Devil (out January 2012). “Buy two coupons and surprise a friend for her birthday or upcoming holiday.

(Source: http://www.more.com/weight-loss-diet-exercise-friend )
Old 09-13-2015, 05:12 AM   #400  

Thanks everyone for the support!

Yesterday:
S - banana
L - leftover lasagna
S - grapes
D - chicken and vegetables
Old 09-13-2015, 10:26 AM   #401  

274 this morning, one more pound down. Wish it had been more, but it was not a good week for meals. Just happy the scale moved at all!
Old 09-14-2015, 05:11 AM   #402  

Darkblue- you are doing great!

Yesterday I had a luncheon meeting and I did not overeat

Yesterday:
S - banana
L - chicken with fruit
D - beefy tortellini and broccoli
Old 09-14-2015, 06:00 AM   #403  
Focus & Determination

Smile

Darkblue
-congratulations for losing a pound! That's terrific.

Yeah Renee-now that is digging up some willpower to keep on track.
Good job!

Old 09-14-2015, 06:12 AM   #404  
Focus & Determination

Smile 35 Fun Ways to Lose Weight With Friends [11-21]

Start a size-down challenge

Is there a certain style of clothing you’re dying to fit into? Go shopping with a friend and each pick out one item that is one size too small, suggests Koff. Then check-in with each other weekly to see how it is fitting. “This is great because you can do it with your college roommate from years ago or another friend that lives miles away via Skype or by texting or e-mailing photos.” It also forces you to focus on how you look and feel—not the number on the scale.

Send a surprise

Encourage each other with small, health-boosting gifts. “We love giving discounts when you buy for your buddy at HappyBellyBags.com,” says Koff. But you don’t even have to spend money. Forwarding e-mail coupons or Facebook freebies from wellness companies, such as Gaiam or Kashi, is also a great way to inspire better buys.

Email your diet logs

You're more likely to keep a food diary if you have someone to share it with, says Aschan. Review each other's notes and then discuss your strengths, weaknesses and what you'll do to improve.

Pay up

Motivated by money? “Agree to pay one of your friends if you don't achieve 3.5 hours of activity per week,” suggests Aschan. “It will help you to implement your activity plan and stay motivated.” Want to raise the stakes? Wage at least $100 on LoseItorLoseIt.com. The website is run by two computer programmers who will keep your money—not even donate it to charity!—if you don’t achieve your weight loss goal.

Swap playlists

“Music is a huge motivator and definitely gets people excited to work out,” says Bauer. “Sharing your iTunes or Spotify playlists will provide you and your friends with more options than just your own, overplayed songs and will push you to work out longer.”

Ask for free guest passes

“Bring your friends to try out a new workout such as boot camp or pole dancing at your local gym,” says Aschan. Variety helps prevent boredom and can make you more likely to work out at a higher intensity, enhancing your results.

Host a mini seminar

“Once every two months hold a wellness group in your home or community center where you invite local experts to discuss how to beat hormonal weight gain, eat healthier or exercise smarter,” suggests Aschan. It will help you stay informed about the best and newest ways to stay in shape.

Exercise together

Sign up for a group fitness class or get together at a friend’s house to do a fitness DVD, says Haley.

Spread the news

“In many cases, just telling your best friends that you are starting a weight loss program helps keep you accountable and can motivate you to stick to your plan,” says Mickey Harpaz, PhD, nutritionist, exercise physiologist and author of Menopause Reset!

Block off time

Make your health a priority by planning a girlfriend’s wellness weekend, suggests Leslie Bonci, MPH, RD, CSSD, LDN, director of sports nutrition at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and author of The Active Calorie Diet. Spend the weekend (at home or away) cooking nutritious food, exercising and indulging in spa treatments.

Journal with a friend

Writing down everything you eat can be time consuming, especially with a busy job and family obligations. “Instead of logging every calorie, be creative and jot down how you are feeling each Monday, or describe the day of the week that is hardest for you to workout or stay away from sweets,” suggests Cardiello. “Then, share these emotions with a friend or someone who will hold you accountable to your goals. This way you can constructively plan to control and conquer those feelings and get to the gym.”

(Source: http://www.more.com/weight-loss-diet-exercise-friend)
Old 09-14-2015, 11:02 PM   #405  

*sigh* Not good today, 1900-2000 kcal. Last of the evening meetings and dinners out, I swear.

Renee--good job on the lunch meeting and staying in control!
Closed Thread