Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 06:00 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Good morning from a foggy, wet Pennsylvania!

Yesterday:
B - oatmeal with blueberries
S - banana
L - ham sandwich and hardboiled egg
D - pork barbecue and spinach
Old 06-16-2015, 06:13 AM   #47  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Morning hour walk with dog
B-Sunflower Poppy Seed Roll, Swiss Cheese, Spinach
S-Cranberry Snack Bar
L-Salad Wrap
S-Banana
D-Bean&Cheese Burrito, Grain Chips, Guacamole, Grapes
Evening 45 minute walk with dog

Renee, I think you sent some of your fog and rain our way. We hardly ever get rain here and Saturday we had thunderstorms pouring down rain for about 30 minutes with some hail on the outskirts of town. Sunday was beautiful with the sun and fog. Today a bit more rain with fog. When it rains here, it is exciting. Everyone runs outside to see the rain. Sounds silly in a way, but when you don't get it much, it is something exciting. Just think about kids seeing rain for the first time or even some of the animals. Kind of like snow for some people.

Last edited by Corinna T; 06-16-2015 at 06:14 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:20 AM   #48  
Focus & Determination

Default How to Lose Weight Smartly

Are you trying to lose weight? Here are a few useful tips on how to lose weight smartly. Take advantage of our advice.

Don’t starve

Breakfast before you leave home is a must. Even if you don’t feel hungry in the morning, have a small sandwich or a bit of fruit. This will help you avoid a sudden drop of sugar blood, a main cause of overeating during the day.
  • Don’t be lazy. Half an hour of physical activity a day is a must. Don’t be afraid of the rain and snow, go for a walk, you will toughen yourself, your circulation will improve and your skin will have a healthy pink hue.
  • Have a lot of vegetables and fruit. It’s much better to have a banana or dried fruits which are rich in vitamins than to have a piece of chocolate bar or crackers.
  • Don’t be afraid to say NO. Even without giving a reason, refuse the food even at family gatherings or parties.
  • Don’t forget to sleep well. If possible go to bed before 11 p.m. so that you’ll get 8 hours of sleep.
  • Don’t follow celebrities. Especially in their fashion for anorexia and extreme diets. Your aim is to be healthy and have a nicer body (once and for all), and not size 34 and a state of constant hunger and risks of serious ailments.
Don’t overeat

You can overeat with even with the healthiest of foods. Divide your daily food into 5-6 small meals. This way you will maintain a constant level of blood sugar, you won’t feel hungry all of a sudden and you’ll be able to burn calories easier.

• Don’t isolate yourself. Take your friend for a walk. Just don’t end up in a pizza parlour.
  • Don’t read anything or watch TV during your meals. Awareness of food makes you eat less and also fully value the taste as well as visual benefits of your food. Your brain receives the signal of being satisfied the faster.
  • Don’t cook for two days. Fresh food is the best and you don’t risk reaching for seconds!
  • Don’t buy food to store for later. What you don’t buy, you won’t eat. Next week they’ll also have some special offers.
  • Don’t eat from big plates. Use smaller plates, your food portion looks bigger than it really is.
  • Don’t eat after 7 p.m. This applies especially to fats and carbohydrates.
  • Don’t criticise yourself. Neither for eating a piece of chocolate nor other sins. Forgive yourself, draw proper conclusions, forget about it and move on.
  • Don’t use too much salt or ready-made dishes, from bags or boxes. These foods (containing a lot of salt, preservatives and adder additives) irritate your body, make you retain water, and, as a result, you weigh more.
  • Stay away from temptation. Avoid pizza parlours, cafes, pastry shops and fast food restaurants.
(Source: http://bonduelle.org/nutrition/tbd-n...eight-smartly/)
Old 06-16-2015, 12:23 PM   #49  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

We're all sharing the same weather. including early froggy mornings

Dh needed peanut butter, so as I passed the Deli counter I got chicken fingers for our supper & I ate my half for lunch & was paid for my stupidity w a sore mouth from the salt. That happens when I eat chips also. I guess my body is telling me NO to salt because that's been happening for 2 years now. I also bought fresh strawberries

B... peaches.
L... chicken fingers
S... ice water, sore mouth.
sn... ice water, sore mouth.

I watched Jeopardy planning to go to sleep early like Dh does @ 9pm, but I watched The Batchlorette @ 8pm-10 in bed & LOL. Dumb shows takes my mind off the sad things in life, to fall asleep without stressing when my brain won't relax.

Have a wonderful Hump Day tomorrow. My mouth is too tender for Taco Tuesday supper tonight.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:04 AM   #50  

Good morning ladies! Hope you all are doing well and staying focused on your health.

Yesterday :
S - banana
L - egg sandwich
S - cereal
D - asian beef with rice
Old 06-17-2015, 05:55 AM   #51  
Focus & Determination

Oh Dee, that is so sad about the salt. I hope your mouth heals quickly. I have a similar problem, but mine occurs from fresh apples, strawberries, kiwi, etc. I can eat a little bit raw, but usually I can get by better cooking them first, and then still limiting the amount. I use to eat lots of fresh fruits. Not so any more. My body changed in the last 5 years. Perhaps it is all due to hormone changes. I don't know. I just miss eating them like I use to eat them.

Reading books is a good way to relax your mind before bedtime too. As long as it is an interesting story. That works for me.

B-seeded sunflower/poppy roll, hummus, spinach
S-Banana
L-Onion/Tomato/Toasted Cheese Sandwich, Onion Rings
D-Kale and white bean soup, pumpkin seed bread, Swiss cheese slice
Old 06-17-2015, 06:06 AM   #52  
Focus & Determination

Smile Myths about Diet & Exercise

Today, excess weight has become a buzzword in different parts of the world, and this has contributed to the formation of misleading myths about diet, which many people follow and end up with their conditions getting worse instead of better.

Excess weight

With the epidemic of obesity spreading around the world, many people start seeking frantically for the fastest ways to shed excess weight. Not infrequently, they jump to conclusions and make wrong decisions.

Here are the most common myths about diet and exercise:
  1. Many people believe that cutting down on calories can be helpful in losing excess weight. Yes, it can, but only partially. If you have decided to lose weight by restricting calorie intake, you must compensate by a decent physical exercise program in order to build enough muscle to maintain metabolism.
  2. Many people believe that it is possible to get rid of belly by crunching regularly. In fact, fat belly reflects the overall amount of fat in your body, so you can’t remove it by imposing strength on this area alone. In order to reduce fat belly, you should develop a good exercise program for the whole body and start burning all fat.
  3. Another common myth about diet and exercise is that working out turns fat into muscle. Indeed, these are two absolutely different components consisting of different cell types. If you wish to burn fat and build muscle, you should develop two separate ‘programs’.
(Source http://bonduelle.org/nutrition/tbd-n...-and-exercise/)

Last edited by Corinna T; 06-17-2015 at 06:09 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:09 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Hi Gals-I am still overwhelmed with work problems and still not over the sickness but nearly. I am having loads of trouble getting a decent nights rest which does not help matters. But anyway, I have plans to return to posting regularly and take steps to get back in shape as soon as possible. The work stuff will certainly get better and hopefully very soon. It just needs a lot of attention right now.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 06-18-2015, 05:08 AM   #54  
Focus & Determination

Hi Terapet. I hope you workload gets better soon so you can relax, get some good sleep, rest up and get well. Stop by when you get a chance. We look forward to having you back on track and well again soon.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:14 AM   #55  
Focus & Determination

Morning jog with dog
B-Seeded bread roll, hummus, spinach, swiss cheese
L-Carrots, turnips, corn, and potatoes
S-Banana
D-Subway Veggie sub
Evening walk with dog

Tempted at lunch today when I saw the chocolate cake oozing with caramel in between with cream. Looked scrumptious, but after I saw a guy looking at me eying the cake, I felt guilty. I opted for the banana instead.

Frosty mornings headed our way. Sunshine is back on full force even if it is cooler out, but still lovely weather. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:45 AM   #56  
Focus & Determination

Default First 6 of 24 Motivational Weight Loss and Fitness Quotes

Stay motivated with your weight loss plan or workout routine
with these 24 popular quotes and sayings.

Get 'thinspired' by Ashley Macha

We all need a little positive reinforcement every now and again. Whether
you're trying to drop a few pounds or looking to train for your first 5K,
embrace these 24 motivating health quotes and sayings to keep you on
track.

1. Love your body

Having confidence and positive mental health about your body is a great
way to stay motivated about your workout regimen. So, silence that inner
critic and don’t be afraid to strut your stuff at the gym.

2. From couch to comfortable

Begin with simple goals that make you feel good. Start by walking or
jogging at a pace that feels comfortable. There are even apps to help
you condition and get from the couch to your first 5K.

3. Well-rounded plan

Eating the right combination of superfoods, such as fresh produce, whole
grains, lean protein, and low-fat dairy will give your body the energy it
needs, protect you from chronic diseases, and may even whittle your
waist. In addition, giving your fitness routines the time and dedication
needed will also help speed your fitness results.

4. Beautiful behind

For those of us who sit at a desk all day, it’s important to get up and stay
active. Spice up your glute workout and tone your tush by using props, like
a chair in this Standing Glute Toner, or using your legs doing kicking
movements in this Flying Side Kicks move.

5. Challenge yourself

Doing the same workout or eating the same meal might be convenient, but
for the results you want, it’s good to spice up your regimen and try
different fitness activities, like hula hooping or ballet.

6. Give today your all

Whether you’re trying to lose weight, lower your stress level, or looking for
new ways to eat healthy, each day is a new day to tackle your goals.
These 31 strategies may help you along the way by boosting your mood
(and even metabolism).

7. [If you like the first 6, then come back tomorrow to be motivated with the next 6]

(Source http://www.health.com/)
Old 06-18-2015, 06:19 AM   #57  

Good morning everyone from another rainy day in PA

Yesterday:
S - banana
D - lasagna and zucchini
Old 06-19-2015, 06:00 AM   #58  

Hello ladies. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Yesterday:
S - banana
S - cereal
D - pot roast and cauliflower
Old 06-19-2015, 06:22 AM   #59  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi girls I'm tired of having a couple of rainy days every week & the ant hills still surviving in our yard. Dh has used granules & sprays on them, they've never been this many before & I wonder if it has anything to do w the farm across the road renting his fields to a potato company w the hundreds of water sprinklers chasing the ants across the road into our yard to live

The nice thing is that so far our summer temps haven't hit 90* yet, I love the summer temps being in the 70's, warm & not sweaty.

Corinna, I'm sorry about your mouth not tolerating fresh fruits anymore I hope that never happens to me, fresh fruit is my main source of sweets/sugar during the summer.

Renee, did u put the cauliflower in your pot roast or was it a side dish?

B... strawberry smoothie.
L... 2 tacos.
sn... watermelon.
S... chicken salad.

Have a fun weekend everyone
Old 06-19-2015, 06:55 AM   #60  
Focus & Determination

Morning walk with dog.
B-Pumpkin seeded bread, veggie strips, and spinach
L-Toasted cheese sandwich with tomatoes and onions
D-Taco Salad
S-Turkish Delight (2 pieces)

Last edited by Corinna T; 06-19-2015 at 06:55 AM.
Closed Thread