Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #31  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Bobbi ~ a question about that peppermint oil ~ would that be the health food area of the store, or the pharmacy/health area of the store?
Old 09-05-2014, 10:04 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. It supposed to rain today and the weekend. Nothing planned other than a birthday party for my great niece who is turning 4. May do a lil shopping Saturday.
I'm on a miserable plateau so I changed my eating up a bit and increased my trampoline jogging by 5 minutes. I'm up to jogging for 20 minutes now. Doesn't seem like a long time but it is grueling. Being overweight and jogging for that long is a hard workout for me. The last 5 minutes I was talking to myself" you can I it, just remember wedding in March, wedding wedding wedding". I did it!!! I'm trying to break this plateau. When I think I only have 51/2 months to lose I start to get this panic feeling.
K31 praying for you to have strength this weekend. It can't be easy.
Bobbi I continue to pray for Dami every day. How is Levi today. She may have jerked on his lil leg.
Hi to everybody!! I have to see about the kiddos.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 09-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #33  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, Goldens!

It's been so long since I've been here that I have to start over! If I were to do personals from the time I last posted, it would take me 2.63 days to accomplish!!

It's been quiet here... after all the relatives left the middle of August, I think I just dug a hole and have been hiding there. Ennui, too! There are so many other things to do that the computer doesn't call me!

Anyway, I'm back. I'm upright, functional, and maintaining!

Bobbi - any news of Dami?

KarenFL - feel better!!

CK - that little poop is adorable! Keep her away from the wind, though, because she'll fly away with those ears!!

Rosey, Gayle, Cajun, Lucinda, Tam, Cherry, Deelou, Lynn, all that I've missed - hola and adios for the moment!

Onward and upward!
Old 09-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #34  
Want to feel better

Donna ~ you make me smile ~ 2.63 days
Old 09-05-2014, 02:21 PM   #35  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

No news is good news pertaining to Damian. Thanks for asking and praying.

Glynne...I think Donna is wacky, In the best way! As to the peppermint oil, if you have a Hy-Vee grocery store, it's in the health corner. It's called organic Auca Cacia pure aromatherapy Peppermint. This is NOT food extract. It's 100% pure essential oil. It can clear out a plugged sinus in seconds. Have a kleenex handy, your nose will run.
Quote:
Bobbi ~ a question about that peppermint oil ~ would that be the health food area of the store, or the pharmacy/health area of the store?

Last edited by Bobbolink; 09-06-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #36  
Want to feel better

Bobbi ~ I dug out my blender ~ it still works ~ LOL. Was a wedding present back in 1976 ~ that avocado color that was popular back in those times. Maddie had been wanting to make smoothies. So I found a recipe and have been making them for her. I ended up cutting it in half ~ the whole recipe she couldn't finish and it ended up going to waste. I think it is pretty healthy ~ skim milk, plain greek yogurt, a little sugar, a little vanilla, some frozen strawberries (want to try it with blueberries sometime) and ice cubes. I crush them a little first like you said so it doesn't mess up the blender. She likes it ~ good after school snack. She had one for breakfast this morning. Thank you for your guidance in making them.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:57 PM   #37  
Donna

Good Hola, Goldens!

Gayle and Bobbi - I am not wacky!! Geesh!

Not much going on here... It's really cool, just 63 degrees. It's pretty, though... blue sky. Doing laundry and bits of other domestic drudgery. Obviously, I have nothing to report!

Later, lovelies!
Old 09-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #38  

Hi everyone a beautiful sunny day here. very welcome after all the rain, steve seems fine after his fainting on the way back from moose hunting,hes out and about,cutting fire wood. Im making him eat tho,he's grumbling. he march's to the tune of his own drummer.I made him a dr apt for a check up. Ive been sewing,made 2 flannel nite gowns. I luv my craft room. Thinking of Karen today,saying goodbye will be hard for her. I love her new dog reminds me of my chichi's all energy but very loving.sending prayers for your grandson Bobbie.hope you all have agreat weekend rosey
Old 09-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning World.....She's alive! First time in almost a week. It was a miserable week and finally the coughing/hacking is abated. Blah.

Donna...Are to wacky...That is the wacky that we love...Who else would ride out on a posse to protect us. Envy your weather!

Bobbi...said my weekend prayer for you and Damian.

Gayle...my blender is the same age and is Harvest Orange. My mother's stove was avacoda green. She thought the kitchen was so modern. Oh and had brown wallpaper with little Dutch milkmaids.

Rosey...At least when CP is grumbling you know he's back to normal.

Cajun...Take it slow when readjusting your diet. It will get better.

Karen...My thought and prayers followed you thru the day.

Robby was so bad yesterday. He got lose and ran up and down the street for an hour. Ordered a shock collar last night. One or two blips and he will pay attention or I'll drown the bugger.

Have you seen the diabetic socks they advertised in Sunday paper. Anyway I ordered a pair (2nd free) for DD and she called yesterday that they were wonderful. She wore them 6 hours and the neuropathy pain was so much less. No cure Just relief! So I ordered her slippers.

Funny I hate to shop but put me online and I'll shop until my fingers drop off.

It is so hot down here and humid and thunder storms and no hurricanes...but according to the weatherfools maybe next week. They need their on camera time to show how brave they are. Besides the experts in Denver predicted a busy multi storm season. k3
Old 09-07-2014, 10:56 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Karen31, saying goodbye is hard. I'm praying for you, that your good memories of Tim will give you comfort.

Karen3, DH does not have diabetes but he was always complaining that his socks left a deep indentation on his leg that wouldn't go away, so I got him diabetic socks and he likes them so much better.

Cajun,
losing weight is always slower as we age. Keep at it, and you will break that plateau!

Gayle, I think that smoothie you make for Maddie sounds very healthy. I wish my DIL would give my grandson something like that, but she's getting ready for work in the AM so she gives him quick things, like Pop Tarts! I really don't think that's a good choice for him going off to kindergarten!

Donna, our weather has cooled off a bit, too, but it will probably get hot again before it's over. I am not looking forward to the winter cold. The leaves are already falling off our trees. DH thinks that's a sign that we're going to have a severe winter. I'm glad I'm retired and don't have to go out in it!

Bobbi, I don't need peppermint oil to make my nose run. I need something to stop it from running. It runs all the time, but allergy meds just make me drowsy.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:05 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I am taking a hiatus from dieting until after my surgery (on Wednesday). Last night I had a dream that the surgeon was operating on my throat instead of my knee!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Lynn
Old 09-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Lynn I hope your surgery goes well and you are soon dancing again!
Old 09-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #43  
Donna

Lynn - will your DD or someone be with you right after you get home... or do you have a friend to help? It sounds like you'll need someone... are you going to rehab? Good thoughts and good luck!
Old 09-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #44  

Lynn wishing you a good surgery and speedy recovery.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 09-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #45  

Good morning ladies. Rotten weekend. Grumpy husband full of poison oak. Ds's car motor burned up.
Today is a new week though. Friday after work I had ds and gf come in after work is I only got my floor exercise done. I was fixing to jog and they walked in. Yesterday afternoon we sat in the house doing nothing. I can't do that. It drives me crazy. Grumpy was watching tv. I was so aggravated so I did floor exercises and then jumped on mini trampoline and jogged 20 minutes. Felt better after. I'm trying to change things up a bit to break a 2 week plateau. Weigh in is Wednesday.
We are supposed to have a cool front come in Friday. We are planning to go to the winter camp and open it up and start cleaning it. Hunting season starts October 4. It's coming fast.

Lynn you are on my prayers this week. Good luck with your surgery.
Carol sue your right I don't lose as fast as I use to. I wish I'd tried harder when I was younger. After 30 years I finally found a diet I could live with.

K3... I just changed a couple foods and increased my jogging by 5 minutes. Doesn't seem like 5 minutes is much but when your overweight and jogging it's a lot. When I started I couldn't do 5 minutes.

Rosey glad to hear dh is doing better. My dh is cutting wood too. Has it started to cool off up in Alaska. I'm so ready for fall.

Donna I envy your 63 degrees too. We are still in the mid 90's.

Bobbie. Continuing to prey for Dami. I think it's horrible what the did to you lil pup. Hope it's feeling better.

Gayle. Maddies smoothies sounds yummy. I bet she misses y'all after being with y'all all day every day for the summer. Does she like school?

Laundry is calling. Gotta run

Hi to all I missed

Hugs
Cajun
Closed Thread