Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 07:51 PM   #151  
Jacksonville, FL

Unhappy

I'm hungry! I have to keep below 1000 cals a day to lose and I have eaten 985! Most days I'm fine, but tonight I'm just plain hungry....want something salty.....
Old 09-28-2014, 09:21 PM   #152  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I have been trying spaghetti squash different ways. One night I had spaghetti sauce on it and sprinkled it with Parmesan cheese. Tonight I put salsa on it and sprinkled it with some shredded cheddar cheese. Tasty both times and filling.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:44 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

DeeLou....diet jello with a sprinkle of salt

Last edited by Karen3; 09-28-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:18 PM   #154  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

KarenFl.... I have never heard of jello with salt!! I'm not sure I'm really ready for that!!

Last edited by jess1; 09-28-2014 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:33 PM   #155  

Height: 5'3"

Its been a nice quiet day. Went to church, awesome service/teaching. Then decided to go out for Subway rather than what I had planned. I did crossword puzzles on computer most of the afternoon.

I gained back 1/2# It seems like I'm more hungry the last couple days. Hope that does not continue. Wish I could have been at your house for dinner, Karen3!

56 years! Wow, Karen that's a long time! I thought wed been together a long time at 52. Glad to know there are others.

Donna - Glad you enjoyed the apple. If you can afford it, dipping the slices in a tablespoon of pc is yummy and also filling due to the protein and healthy fat. How'd was the party.

Kind of tired this evening. May go to bed early.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:58 AM   #156  
Jacksonville, FL

Smile

I'm not a jello fan and sure not with salt! But if it works for you I'm happy...I ended up eating a few wheat thins with laughing cow wedge....felt better...
Old 09-29-2014, 10:40 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning. I had a fun but exhausting weekend. I sometimes wonder how long Dh and I can keep this up. After work Friday I helped Dh hang a new utility service to our barn. We came in at dark and grilled pork steaks. Saturday morning we loaded some things for the camp and left to go to the summer camp. We got all the groceries and other things and headed to the winter camp. We picked up in the yard and burned branches. Dh pressure washed the camp. I saved everything. By that time it was 5 pm. We were hot and tired. We got home and grilled sirloin steaks with pan sautéed squash and zucchini. Sunday we got up early and went back to the camp. Brought both 4 wheelers and road in the woods just about all day. Today I can hardly move my arms I'm so sore. Every bone in my body hurts. The woods were muddy and rough. I rained on us several times. Last night we were dirty wet and exhausted. But..... It was fun. Our weekends from now on until the end of February will be busy like this. Our camping buddies were leaving Sunday and stopped at our camp to plan our menu for next weekend. They are cooking at there camp for everyone Friday night and we are cooking at our camp Saturday night. I told them I have a wedding in March so we are all going on a diet. They were not going to eat fattening foods this winter. They all giggled. Yea right! They said.
This week I start my 5 Fridays off in October. It's vacation days I'm taking. So Dh and I may go to the camp Thursday after work. If not then Friday morning. I think Ds's turnaround will be over by the weekend so I think both of them and fiancées will come with us this weekend.
Enough babbling this morning.

Mary your addicted to those puzzles too. Lol

Gayle I like spaghetti squash too. I use in with my spaghetti meat sauce. I really like it with seasoning and a lil butter but of course that's not diet friendly. The afghans are pretty. I bet maddie is excited with hers.

Tam sorry to hear about your young friend. A classmate of mine just lost her 22 year old son to a massive heart attack.

Dee sometimes when I'm craving something I drink a huge glass of water and it helps. I read somewhere that when we are craving food its our body saying we just need water. I know when you're hungry and belly growling that's hunger but if the belly is not growling and the cravings start that's usually when water will help.

K3 October 14 1976 is the date dh and I started dating. I was 16 and a junior in high school dh was a senior. Congrats to you and your dh. I know the feeling about it being hot. It's hot and rainy here too. Where is fall? Your supper sounded yummy.

Judy I like to make baby quilts. My mil quilts the full to king size quilts. I have so many quilts she made. She even quilted me a bedspread pillow shams and made curtains to match. She made quilts for both of our sons when they get married. She did that about 12 years ago. She's going to be able to finally give it to them as they are both getting married.

Donna did you enjoy your cake and birthday party ?

Carol sue I'm trying so hard to lose as much as I can before the wedding. Sometimes it's the weekend when we want to eat out the most. Lately we've been going get beef steaks and just staying home and grilling them with salad and dh has baked potatoe. I lose control at buffets.

Sorry I didn't get to everyone. Baby is ready to eat.

Bbl hugs
Cajun
Old 09-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

UHOH....Nobody understands my weird humor......k3
Old 09-29-2014, 04:05 PM   #159  

Height: 5'3"

Got to the gym this morning. Only walked 1/2 mile with little jogging...too out of shape right now..then used hand bike 6 min and biked 20 min at 10. The gym is about the only place I take stairs so that's good too.

Cajun - I'm sure I couldn't do all that you do. I do feel better when I'm active though. When I take too much time off from activity, I get stiff and it is VERY hard to get back to where I was..right now I'm wondering whether I will. I want to keep my strength and flexibility to take care of dh if he ever needs me again, like he may need me if he decides to have the surgery. But I can tell the difference (decline) in myself even from where I was when he fractured his leg a few years ago. Yes, I am addicted to the puzzles! and that doesn't help my fitness either! Last night my son was talking to me and I was doing the puzzles, while listening to him and he goes you aren't going to put that piece there, are you? So I even got him into it a bit too! He'd never seen online puzzles before.

Hi to all!
Old 09-30-2014, 12:37 AM   #160  
jmhwis50

S/C/G: 182/ 145/ 135

Height: 5 ft 3inches

Well it has been quite a busy day. Took DGS to do his grocery shopping, went to women's bible study at church. Was finally able to pick up my medication, I've been out for awhile and was getting a high blood pressure headache and my face was red. After I took the pills the headache left as if by magic and my face turned normal color. I also love to make rugs out of both fabric and plastic grocery bags, Weird I know. My Grandma died when she turned 100, she taught me everything I know about cooking/ cleaning/ sewing/ and crafts. We used to make quilts and rugs together I sure do miss her. Boy it sounds like a busy time for you Cajunlady165, I haven't been camping in years I think I forgot how. It is really special that your mil thought enough of you to make you those quilts. It is a dying art. Well I ate my calories and am starving tonight, usually I feel full but tonight I could eat a second dinner. I think I will drink a glass of water and go to bed. This is nuts and there is no reason for it. Go Figure I probably missed alot of people sorry hope everyone has a good night
Old 09-30-2014, 08:13 AM   #161  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

The new Golden Girls thread is up and running. I'm not going to post a new thread each month as we're not that active anymore. We'll just keeping posting on "The Golden Girls" thread until it reaches 500.

This thread is closed, See ya over there!
Closed Thread