Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 06:22 PM   #151  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

KarenFL - Amazon probably does! My friend went looking for a hay baler on Amazon as a lark... and FOUND one! She was agog. I think they might have just about anything!!

I'm ready for Outlander!!!!
Old 08-16-2014, 06:33 PM   #152  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon GG's,

Finally getting a moment to catch up on the personals.

K3 ~ I know what you mean about not knowing what day it is. With not having Maddie on Friday, I kept thinking it was Saturday and so thought today was Sunday. I'll let you know about the super glue. I sort of have another mouth in mind to use it on though.

Carol Sue ~ I sort of feel like you. DH irritates me, but I probably irritate him as well. So sometimes I feel like I should feel more kindly toward him. I can't imagine how I could be irritating though ~ I am a delight ~ LOL.

Mary ~ glad that Joe is feeling better. Good that your weight is stabalizing. Thankful that your son's dog is so well behaved. What is her name again ~ I can't seem to remember.

Donna ~ Glad you enjoyed/survived your family gathering. Now back to peacefulness. Sorry about your brother troubles ~ I can identify. Hope you and Samson are having a nice gorking weekend.

Cajun ~ are you camping this weekend, or doing wedding planning stuff? Glad that your daughter-in-law to be and her family are such nice people. Makes things so much more enjoyable when people are nice and get along.

Rosey ~ how are you doing? Has the weather been nice so you could sit out on your deck with your cup of coffee and your pups? That would be so peaceful and enjoyable.

Karen MO ~ how are things going for Tim? How are you holding up. Sending more prayers and

Bobbi ~ and prayers for you and your grandson and your family. How is your foot doing?

Welcome Mellen. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Hello Cherry, Tam Tam, Deelou, Lucinda, Christina.

Got to have a nice visit with DS Jason this morning. He had been up all night (work and stuff) then set out early to get his car inspected and stopped by here for a visit before doing his grocery shopping. By about noon he could barely keep his eyes open, so he laid down and took a nap. When he first came he looked in the fridge and said ~ what is wrong with you guys ~ there hasn't been potato salad in there yet this summer. He and I have kind of a back and forth joking about potato salad. So, while he was napping, I snuck out and came back with a container of potato salad and surprised him when he woke up. He got a big grin on his face and made some smarty pants comment ~ I got a hug out of the deal. His reaction just made my day.

The not fun part was getting stung by a hornet when I went outside to Jason's car when he was leaving. Oh well. I am thankful he didn't get stung ~ he swells up. There was a nest in the bush by where he had parked his car the we didn't realize was there. Gotta get some spray in there.

If I missed anyone ~ sorry. Hard to keep track of everyone.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

Last edited by glynne; 08-16-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:41 AM   #153  
Jacksonville, FL

Yesterday was my oldest sons birthday....49.....born 13 days before our first anniversary.....can't wait to see him in a couple of months.....he was here in March for a week and my other son, 43, here last week for the party......we are heading north in October, my favorite time of year, especially in the north....picking apples and hopefully some trees changing color.....and the grandkids I've not seen since June of 2013.....
Old 08-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

To all our Golden Girls Karen's dearly loved husband passed away this morning. He is soaring with the angels but we are here in tears. RIP Tim
Old 08-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #155  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Thank you for sharing that for us K3

Karen MO ~ we are with you in spirit. Feel God's arms holding you close. Much love for you.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #156  
Jacksonville, FL

Praying with you Karen......
Old 08-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #157  

Words cannot express how sorry I am for our Karen, from me and all the 3fc "golden girls"
Old 08-17-2014, 09:39 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Karen, deepest condolences in the passing of your beloved Tim. May he rest in peace and may God's love comfort you.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:56 AM   #159  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Morning girls....My troubles are so minor compared to Karen and the death of Tim. I made a card for her yesterday to send, so hard to express my sorrow. Like k3 said earlier, we're all going to be facing this ourselves unless we go first.

Thanks for the prayers and well wished on Dami, we are on hold until Damian has full insurance. (He still doesn't know about the Intervention) Damian just got on full time with his job and full insurance. The counselor says to wait until he's fully insured before we go any further, the treatment centers are very expensive otherwise. As to my foot, the skin is healed shut but still swelling and wearing this lovely fashion boot. I only took a pain pill a couple times last week, ibuprofen I take instead. I go back to doc on thursday, hopefully I'll get into a shoe after that.

Carol Sue...glad you're enjoying the homemade yogurt, sure a lot cheaper isn't it.

Quote:
Bobbi – I’m thinking good thoughts for you, your DD, and Dami. I hope he’s ready to hear you, because otherwise all this is for naught, and I hope that’s not going to be the case. Is your foot fairly healed now? You might need to kick someone's little behind!!
Old 08-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning GG's. This gal is tired. Friday afternoon our oldest son and his gf came over. ( I think they were looking for supper). We grilled rib eyes baked potatoes and salad. We had a very nice evening. Saturday morning I got a call mom had fallen on the driveway. She bruised her knee and busted her mouth and cheek. They glued her up did X-rays and released her. After that I picked up oldest sons gf and we went to hobby lobby. She is making me a Christmas wreath and I needed to pick out some stuff. We didn't get back until 345 and my company got here at 4. We had a birthday supper for my sister and mom. She was still willing to come. We cooked fish. I bought double chocolate cake and peach cobbler. Didn't touch either one. I barely ate supper Saturday. I was too tired. Sunday dh went to help at the hunting club. I picked up oldest sons gf and we went to wal mart. I grocery shopped. I hate grocery shopping. Our afternoon was rainy. I took 2 naps in my recliner. Grilled some chicken and ate a salad with that. We went to youngest a sons to bring leftover fish for him to take to work. Got to play with the puppy. I'm so attached to that puppy. We went to bed early. Im still tired. I feel like I've been running since last Monday. Cleaned out my icebox this morning and doing laundry. Hopefully we can camp next weekend. It's been awhile since we've been.

Bobbi how long do you think it will be before y'all get together with Damian. Will this intervention hurt his job or will it be done after work? I'm praying for him. Glad to hear the foot is somewhat better. When is the other foot scheduled or did you chicken out? Lol.

Karen31 ~ May God be your close companion who walks besides you in your time of grief, and carries your burden when it's too heavy to bear.

Dee Lou. October is also my favorite time of year. Happy birthday to your son. Happy anniversary to you and your dh. I bet you are excited to see those grand kids. October can't come fast enough. We went to the smokies last October and saw the fall colors. What a beautiful thing.

Gayle sounds like you had a nice visit with your son except for the bee sting. Did maddie start school yet? We didn't camp the last 3 weekends but I'm hopeful for this weekend. Maybe one day dd will open her eyes. K3 has lots of weapons. She can be contacted at www.k3rollingpen.com........lol.

Rosey when does summer end for you up in Alaska. We are always watching shows about Alaska. Very interesting state to me. It's such a different way of life. I'm curious. How many months of daylight and how many months of darkness? Is it completely dark? What about northern lights? Do you see them?

Donna about that cake. A girl gotta do what a girls gotta do. I also sent the rest of the cake this weekend with ds. The puppy is not liking his outside pen. He got spoiled to the house. But ds is still letting her sleep in her kennel at night in his utility room. He went to work the other morning at 430 am and there was a red fox on his patio eating Molly belle's food. He's Leary about leaving her outside at night until she gets bigger. She is 8 weeks old and about 8 lbs.
It's funny how different peoples lifestyles are. We live in swampy south louisiana and have abundant seafood and hunt and eat all kinds of wildlife. Our definition of a party is getting together in the backyard or camp and having a few cold adult beverages and cooking. The mountains fascinate me. We go on vacations to the mountains and I can never get enough. They are such a breathtaking beauty to me. Donna watch out for k3 with her arsenal of weapons. Get back on tract before she reads your eating post. Lol.

Mary I was reading what you googled and I don't think we have the same thing. Nothing is red. They call it a dead zone. It's depleted of oxygen and the seafood can't live in it. It doesn't change colors or smell. We love to crab too. We ate boiled crabs 3 weekends in a row that causes me to have a weight gain from the sodium.

K3 happy birthday to son. No need for your weapons this weekend. It's about time I get a break..... Lol. You often place 1st in your bridge game among a lot of opponents. That's a sharp brain you have my dear.

Sorry I'm out of time. Babies are needing me.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #161  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
To all our Golden Girls Karen's dearly loved husband passed away this morning. He is soaring with the angels but we are here in tears. RIP Tim
Prayers for Karen and the family. So sad.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:40 PM   #162  
I am more than weight.

Default Afternoon ladies!!

It is so hot here! It is 82 at 4:15 in the morning with the humidity at 97%!! It is air you can wear!!! The scale and I are not on speaking terms!!! Hope you all have a blessed afternoon. I just heard the dryer buzz.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:44 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Tam I know the feeling. Sooooo ready for October.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:26 PM   #164  
I am more than weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunlady165 View Post
Tam I know the feeling. Sooooo ready for October.
They say we will have an early fall-tomorrow would be early enough for me!!
Old 08-18-2014, 06:48 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hey everyone....I know that Karen heard all your prayers and thoughts. That is what Goldens do best. I thank you for helping.

OMG....played bridge again today. It was one of those manic days. Yeah I bought 2 large MDee sf ice coffees. Yeah I ran over several slow walking little old ladies. And all the extra exercise stirred the brain cells so much we had a 63.5% game. That was a Big First.

Bobbi...I can't imagine the angst of waiting to do the intervention. Patience is not one of my skills.

Karen...package there Wednesday

DeeLou....How can you have a son 49 when you are still 32?

Tam and Cajun...you 2 are North of me! We are having a 4H summer. Like the old fashion enema.....high, hot, heavy and a h*ll of a lot.

Donna...wonder how many books I can download on my kindle? Do they count the archived ones? OMG wasn't Outlander good Saturday night!

Cajun...Just to keep the record straight. I know how to shot. I was even state archery champ before I turned pro.....so even with a running start I'll get you. No breaks until you are dressed in the sweetest hottest mother of the groom dress. Then I want pictures! We, my dear, are going to do this.

hugs k3
Closed Thread