Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 10:38 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Someone from CO won the Powerball Lottery. Donna? Do you have something to tell us?
Old 08-12-2014, 10:42 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning. Ds's fiancé asked me to go with her for her wedding dress fitting. I'm so excited about that. It's just going to be me and her mom. I have her dress here in ds's closet. She is supposed to take her bridal pictures in November. In October we are giving them a shower/ honey do party for immediate family and friends. Nothing too big. It's going to be at her house.
Yesterday I walked after work and my knee was hurting me after. Thus morning it was stiff but after walking around a bit it loosened up. I'm going to have to walk thru the pain if I'm going to lose more weight.

K3 that lil rascal is hiper enough without sugar. He wants to chew on everthing. Her sharp teeth cut my arm yesterday. Congrats on your 1st place bridge game.

K31. How's Tim doing today. Still praying for you both.

DeeLou. Beautiful family.

Tam with all you had to do it wasn't much of a day off. Busy busy!

Bobbie your gs is still in my prayers.

Hi everyone else. Pretty busy with the kids this morning. They all wanting something different.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-12-2014, 11:36 AM   #123  

Let's see if this works. If it does, you should see a photo of me, my younger granddaughter, my older son (her father) and my father at the Baptism.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Four Generations.jpg (28.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 08-12-2014, 12:19 PM   #124  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

You did it Cherry ~ nice picture of you and your family. Now where's that haircut picture?

Last edited by glynne; 08-12-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

You did it, Cherry! Very nice picture!
Old 08-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #126  

Have to get my husband to take the pic, then I will post! Thanks for the advice - worked like a charm!
Old 08-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #127  

Default Hi I'm new at this

Hey all
I am new at forums... hope this is an active one where people are trying to lose weight - over 50... way over 50 ha...
I turn 65 in December. In 1999 i got a divorce (actually it's not final) but I gained 100 lbs in one year. Never have been able to lose it - I was never one to have to lose that much and it's hard to stick to it. I am from a large family - i am with a great guy who also has a large clan and we are out often - which is good!!!... but really hard to stick to a diet of any kind. Of course he loses weight - goes to a gym and I can't afford a gym.
Need to get real with this. Have to start my 65th year more healthy. I have 3 wonderful grandchildren and need to be more active as they grow - twin boys are going to be 3 in a couple weeks - and a girl who is one.
Looking forward to this forum helping me out...
so hi...
Old 08-12-2014, 03:21 PM   #128  

Height: 5'3"

Hello GGs!! It is cooler today but still nice. Dh went fishing so its just me and the dog. I have a little cleaning to do in the bathrooms and laundry area but otherwise it's an easy day. I may do a little decluttering if I feel like it too.

Last night we went out to eat at new restaurant. I had a Plain Jane hamburger with chipotle aioli and fries...very good...and I ate about 2/3 of it. Then dh and I shared a Bacon Sundae with caramel and chocolate sauce...I know, perfect for me the diabetic, right?, well at least I shared and we didn't eat it all. They made it different than the one other bacon sundae I've tasted. They had the bacon chopped up IN the ice cream..I didn't like that as well as at the end I could taste these fatty bits in the melted ice cream..yuck..but the rest was good. When I had it before it was ice cream with the sauce and a strip of very crisp bacon standing upright in it. Our son and his friend were with us and we had a great time.

Afterwards we went for a walk (my son, his dog and I)...something I rarely get to do and really enjoyed it. I estimate we walked about 1 1/2 mi at least and chatted the whole way.

Mellen - Welcome!! I am 71 and one of the older ones here I think. I am retired and live with my retiree dh who is 79. We love to travel but we also love our home. We eat out 1-2x a week and it is hard to stick to a diet, but I have to try as in addition the the weight issue, I am also diabetic. When I eat out is the only time I usually have dessert and I don't always then, but sometimes I do. Last night I ordered it mostly to prolong the good conversation.

Cherry - Great picture!! You are a beautiful woman and that baby is so sweet!
Good lucking guys too!

Cajun - Glad you got to go to the dress fitting. That's special. I was so happy when my dd asked me to go to help her pick out her dress. She had been out on her own for a long time already and they did most of the wedding planning themselves so it was really special to be included. Your diet sounds just right for you.

Donna - Are you out spending the money?

Karen3 - I would think bridge is good for the brain. Glad you enjoy it and hope your team (whatever you call it) did well. Great idea for Karen/Tim.

Karen31 - My prayers are still going up for both of you.

Last edited by maryea; 08-12-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:29 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

They were looking to see about getting him closer to home. we had a meeting with everyone while we were there today. Had the meeting....They aren't going to move him. He is declining to much. So he will remain there at the VA hospital.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #130  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hard to know what to say Karen ~ prayers continue. virtual
much love and caring
Old 08-13-2014, 10:55 AM   #131  

Hugs, Karen 31. Makes my problems seem so trivial.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #132  

Hey GG's. I went to the dress fitting with fUture dil and her mom. I was so happy she included me. After we went to supper. We laughed and shared wedding ideas. Also came up with new ideas. Fun fun.
Today is weigh in day. I'm still up 1 lb but not surprised. My weekend was not on tract and last night wasn't either.
I'm starting to walk outside after work so hopefully this will help.

Karen31 y'all are in my thought and prayers.

Mary I'm glad you are enjoying your time with your ds. Our youngest son that lives behind our house comes over for supper often during the week. When he get married I'm guessing he will go home to his wife's cooking instead. I'm going to miss that.

Mellon welcome. Sorry about your divorce. I can understand the 100 lb gain going thru something like that has to be emotional.

Cherry beautiful picture. Precious baby girl.

Hi Rosey, Gayle, K3, Donna and Carol Sue.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #133  

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ggs! It's still cooler today, just pleasant outside right now. Dh had a retiree's luncheon today so it's just me and the dog again. I have a little more cleaning to do in the main bathroom today, then I'm free and may go shopping.

Last night I fixed meatloaf, rice and Asian green beans. I got the bean sauce too salty and the rice not as soft as I know they prefer but it still seemed to be enjoyed.

Cajun - Sounds like a fun time with with the wedding planning. Glad you got to participate. A good start for a mil and dil. Sounds like you are fortunate, as it's not always so easy. It's never quite the same after a son marries, but if the dil is nice and makes an effort to blend into the family and share him it helps so much.

Karen31 - Is Tim able to rest without pain now? I hope so.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:17 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good afternoon everyone....We had sunshine all day with huge clouds about to come crashing down. It is like walking out into a pizza oven. Played bridge again today (3Xs a week) and came in 2nd. On a roll. I bought some black eyed pea salad yesterday. Added it to our tossed salad. It was really good but phewy it had hot peppers chopped up in it. My lips are numb.

Mellen....Welcome to GG. Just pull up a chair and pour yourself a cuppa. We sit around solving all problems because at our age one of us been there or done that. We support each other not only with weight loss but all parts of our lives. Cyber friends are important and right now we have built a wall or tower of prayers for Karen and Tim as he is getting ready to fly with the angels. We cry together, laugh together and even yell at each other. We have a posse that will ride out to solve problems. We are crones and glory in our age.

Cherry.....Beautiful picture.

Mary...Bacon Sundae? what?

Karen...I'm still singing "one day at a time....."

Cajun.....Tssk Tsssk

Gayle....I am in withdrawl.....I need a Maddie story.

Rosey.....So glad to hear that your grand daughter is so much better. So scary when kids are hurt.

Donna.....Monday=Work=??????.

Bobbi...after elephant ears with cinnamon sugar and butter.

k3
Old 08-14-2014, 07:43 AM   #135  

What a beautiful morning. Sitting on my patio drinking a cup if coffee. It's a cool 66 degrees. How I long for the fall. We had a lil cold front come thru. High today is going to be 84. Heat and humidity return tomorrow.
Babies will soon be here.
Karen31 you and Tim are never far from my thoughts. Hugs to you.

Mary dil to be is a sweetheart. Her mom and dad are awesome people. Down to earth country folks like us.

I'm out of time.
Hugs
Csjun
Closed Thread