Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 11:17 PM   #211  

Height: 5'3"

I had another very busy day...housework, shopping ..dh grilled steaks and cheesed potatoes tonight. I just steamed the corn. It was very good, but I'm glad he did it as I was very tired. I haven't been sleeping well for about 4 nights night. Hopefully tonight will be the end of that. I tend to go about 3-4 nights with 3-4 hrs and then sleep really well for a few nights and then it starts all over again. This just started happening since I got older although I have always had some bouts with insomnia but not this often. I do not seem to be worrying about anything, don't even have anything particularly on my mind although since I'm awake, my thoughts do wander...mostly planning or praying. I do pretty well until the 3rd or 4th night then I really feel it. I'm not sure I could ever get enough sleep but I function ok on 5-6 hrs. More is definitely better though.

My bs has been high again, not sure why. When we were at the coast, I started having bladder spasms. I got some OTC pyridium and then it went away so didn't even use it. I have a long-standing prescription so I filled it when we got home but don't want to take it until I have symptoms as once I had the spasms and there was no infection, and anyway I am NOT having the spams anymore. But it makes me wonder whether it could be just a low grade infection or something and be causing my bs to go up yet I'm not really feeling sick, just tired.

Lynn - You are going to have hip replacement? Sure is a lot of that going around. As to age, if you need it, you need it I think.

Karen3/Lucinda - Sad about all the pitbulls. People breed them and then don't want them. They are a huge responsibility and one I wouldn't want. Our basset hound won't come if she gets outside. She doesn't try to get out though, but boy if she does get out, it's hard to get her back. She catches a scent and there she goes yard to yard nose to the ground! That and her smell are the only things I don't like about her ...

Not sure yet but it looks like I can watch the episode of Extant I missed on Amazon Prime. Have been too busy but hope to watch soon.

Karen31 - I think of you often and wonder how you are doing.

Hi to everyone I missed.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:44 AM   #212  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Woo hoo ~ school is back in session. I feel like a bad grandma, but I am glad we are back to Maddie just in the afternoons.

And, I like that because I can work on my little projects again. I have several wind chimes and had been wanting to get them hung up ~ so I did that yesterday. We've lived here going on 7 years, and I had never gotten that done. Well, I was working and so only the regular day to day stuff got done, because of lack of time and being too tired. I have all kinds of other projects I am needing to get to and looking forward to being able to get caught up on some of the other stuff that got let go.

DH returns from his trip today. He had met up with his brother in Boston and traveled around. I am looking forward to seeing all the pictures he took. He got to go to the house we lived in on a lake in Maine. The little hospital where I used to work. Saw the neighbors we had when we lived there. His cousin in Bar Harbor, his aunt in Portland and uncle in New Hampshire, and the house his parents had lived in in Boston. Gotta make that trip again to the airport on the south side of Houston to pick him up ~ please pray again if you would. At least the time I have to go is after rush hour, so that should help.

Lynn ~ if your knee is hurting and keeping you from enjoying life and doing the things you would like to do (exercise and other stuff) then it doesn't matter what age or condition the others are in, you have to do what is right for you. I say you are not jumping the gun ~ go for it. My sister is a couple weeks post op from her second total knee replacement and she is doing well and so thankful that she had it done.

K3 ~ I haven't had a chance to check out the puzzle sites yet. Hope Robby doesn't lead you on these wild and crazy chases too often. Maybe Maddie could come help you with that

Cajun ~ glad you are feeling a little less tired today.

Lucinda ~ I'm glad you are enjoying the zumba and that it has helped you to lose the weight.

Karen MO ~ thinking of you still. Glad you and Sissy have each other, and of course the great support system of your family nearby. Hope you are able to catch up on your rest a little. Prayers continue.

Carol Sue ~ 75 and breezy sounds good to me too. Even 80 isn't too bad without the humidity. It is the humidity that makes it so miserable.

Mary ~ hope you can get some rest and get to feeling better. Glad you had a good time on your trip.

Tam ~ the temperatures where you are sound awful. It is pretty hot here in Houston the last week or so ~ thank goodness for air conditioning.

Rosey ~ your weather sounds nice. And the woodstove to make it feel nice and cozy when it is chilly ~ nice as well. We're both having that retired husband (spouse) syndrome here. Seems like we are on each others nerves a lot more lately. Not sure why it seems like it is more frequent. Not so much fun.

Bobbi ~ I hope it was a peaceful weekend and that there was no drama or happenings with Dami. Hope it isn't too much longer before his insurance kicks in so that the intervention thing can be held, and that nothing happens between now and then. Prayers and everything crossed for you all.

Deelou ~ Do I remember you saying you used to live in Ohio at one time? Just curious where ~ I was born and raised in north east Ohio.

Donna ~ I'm glad you are enjoying your summer (the weather as it should be). Be careful yourself of Geoffrey. Don't want you to tangle with him and get wounded like the last time with Sabrino.
Yes, DS had moved into his own place in March. It is closer to his work, but he doesn't like change and doesn't like it there. He wants to move back to the apartment he had before this. That is probably just what he will do once his lease is up next spring. DGS is liking his job. Especially when there is left over pizza that they let him bring home. I enjoy when ever he needs a ride ~ he is so appreciative and I am glad to get a chance to visit with him.

Cherry ~ hope maybe your busy work has slowed down a little bit for you.

Back home now ~ I made it down to the airport to pick up DH. Glad that is over with. Thank you for your prayers.

Running out of steam ~ bed is calling.

Hope you all have a good rest and a good tomorrow.

Last edited by glynne; 08-27-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:11 AM   #213  

Hi everyone,another busy day,did a lot of cleaning and laundry. also wrote out all the checks as its "POOF" day tomorrow. we are going shopping in the am. Hope your week is happy and productive. the pictures are of my dh apple trees. He planted them 10 yrs ago. Alaska's not exactly the place to grow a small orchard but this year we have apples hoping to get a pie at least for all rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (41.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (46.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-27-2014, 07:48 AM   #214  
Jacksonville, FL

Rosey, I was born in Michigan and met my husband at Asbury College in Kentucky, 52 years ago. I moved to Ohio where he lived and we were married and lived there from 1964-2007 some in Cincinnati where my oldest son still lives and the rest in Columbus, where my youngest son lives, and in a suburb north of there, Westerville....still miss many things there, mostly our two sons and family and our best friends!

Last edited by Deelou; 08-27-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:16 AM   #215  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

I had an Envy apple yesterday. It was super crisp, juicy and delicious!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:34 AM   #216  
Jacksonville, FL

Woo who!! I reached my third 5 pound goal!! 155😃😊😍😋
Old 08-27-2014, 10:36 AM   #217  
Jacksonville, FL

Going for 5 more!!
Old 08-27-2014, 02:26 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies. Today is weigh in day. I maintained. I had a 4 lb lost last week so I can't complain too much.
We had a nice time camping with friends this past weekend. I think the heat got to be because I was so exhausted.
This Monday dh and I are off so I'm thinking we will go to our camp on the river. Maybe do some fishing. It's supposed to rain Saturday but will stop Sunday and Monday. We will leave Friday afternoon when I get off work. If we wake up to rain on that tin roof I'm thinking I'm going to turn over and sleep some more. I don't think we will be inviting anyone to spend the long weekend camping with us but it doesn't mean we will camp by ourselves. Those boys will be hunting us down and I'm sure joining us.

Deelou. Way to go!!!!!! Happy happy happy!!!!

Lucinda I've never heard of an Envy apple.

Rosey I still want to come live with you. Especially for the summer. Yours are much nicer than ours. Is that 2 trees or 1 tree? Hope you can get them before the birds do.

Gayle glad you made it home safe and sound. Don't feel like a bad grandma. My sister somehow got volunteered to babysit her grandkids for the summer too. She is glad also they are back in school.

Mary is you son still living with you?

Hi to all I missed.
Babies are needing me

Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-27-2014, 02:38 PM   #219  
Jacksonville, FL

Smile

Gals, it seems like most of us are either maintaining, losing if we look at our journey long term....I plateaued for about three weeks.....very low BP for me today, 115/54 and tired and feeling aweful.....I dropped lisinopril when this happened before and now am on only losartan...it is a combo med, I may try cutting the pill in half if this low continues.....exciting! Never thought I would ever get off this one, hopeful I can at least drop it down...love these NSV, anniversary Friday had wanted in my dreams to reach 20 but will sure take this, though I will bobble for a week or so!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Dee I was also on lisniopril for Bp. I was feeling the same way. Tired weak light headed and very low pressure. My numbers were 91/54. Dr took me off of it. Said the weight loss and exercise was what lowered it. Woo hoo good for you.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-27-2014, 05:30 PM   #221  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Default Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelou View Post
Woo who!! I reached my third 5 pound goal!! 155😃😊😍😋
Awesome!!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 05:33 PM   #222  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Hello all. Well very grateful for rainy/cloudy days, keeps the temps down!!! Not losing much, but not gaining either, so all in all not too bad. Am at work, so need to go!! Have a blessed evening!
Old 08-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Gayle, you are not a bad grandma. We are not supposed to be dealing with the young ones on a daily basis at our age. That's why God gave us menopause...so we wouldn't have any more! You are very good to Maddie, and you deserve to have some time to yourself.

God Bless Cajun who deals with so many little ones every day!

DeeLou, congrats on the weight loss and getting off the BP meds. I want that so badly, but I've not lost enough for that yet. My weight goes up and down, but lately the down is getting a little bit lower.

Mary, I have had trouble sleeping for years now. I started keeping a Benadryl on my night table. If I wake up and can't go back to sleep I take that and then I can fall back to sleep. Sometimes when I try prayer I fall asleep praying. I hope God understands.

Lucinda, and apple a day keeps the doctor away, but an onion a day keeps everybody away! LOL
Old 08-28-2014, 07:10 AM   #224  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

I have started going through my closet and giving away all the baggy-ill fitting clothes that no longer fit me. To be honest most of these clothes are suitable for cleaning a toilet with, I've owned them for so long and I wore them while fooling myself into believing that they were statement pieces...as though I was too focused on world events to be hindered by fashion.
In truth I was hiding from myself...

Last edited by lucindaarrowspark; 08-28-2014 at 07:10 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:01 AM   #225  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hello ladies!

Dee, congrats on your loss and throwing out the BP meds! Wish I could do that as well, but maybe one day.

Lucinda, you're my hero and I'm working to get to my best weight, too.

I've lost 2 lbs this week and feel pretty good about it. It always happens when I give up sugar and white carbs (including bread) - why do I forget that?

Busy weekend coming up as DBF is having a family reunion and I told him I'd help. Hopefully I won't over-eat...they're serving Polish food and I'm not a big fan.

Hello to all!

Andi
Closed Thread