Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Default New FDA news :(

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/05...ld-you-eat-it/

FDA approves a sneaky version of aspartame that doesn't even need to be put on the label. This seems a rather scary backwards step from the healthy open labelling idea that the FDA 'seemed' to be pushing forward over the past couple of years.
Those of us trying to eat more naturally with less added chemicals will be quite dismayed! I'm hoping these companies that use this new sweetener will still have to label for Canada, but I'm afraid we will be bowled over by the juggernaut that is the US 'Corporate Food' system.

Liana
Old 06-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #17  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Liana...thanks for that article, I'll not be taken in. I get terrible headaches from apartame!

Cajun, since you, Mary and I are all on the 1-1-1, maybe we can help each other stay on track. Do you want to start posting your menu? Mary does most of the time, I do once in awhile because I'm lazy. Or maybe you have some suggestions we can do to stay OP.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #18  

Hi everyone its beautiful sunny day here,after several days of heavy rain that we needed desperately. I like the idea of posting our foods we eat every day. there's accountability at least for me to see it in writing. ive been grazing more esp in the evenings so this will help me hopefully. ttfn rosey
Old 06-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #19  

Height: 5'3"

I'm on a flexible 1-1-1. I think some things are kind of contradictory so I just use my judgement. For instance she says blueberry muffin counts as only one carb on the regular plan, but I can't have any brown sugar or honey in my oatmeal. What sense is that? Maybe it's just me not understanding but I'm gonna use my own judgement on some things so if you notice somethings slightly off plan that's probably why. I dropped two pounds over night so hopefully I can get back on track now and get down to where I was.

Breakfast this am
oatmeal (only 1/3 cup dry today) with 1 t. honey - carb
1 T slivered almonds - fat
1 cup nf milk protein

bobbi - I mostly almond milk in smoothies and mochas and really like it that way. I 'd probably like your mock ice cream it is similar to how I use it in smoothies and mochas.

We are going to get messages this afternoon. They were gifts from our oldest dd for Christmas and we are just now getting to them.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #20  
Jacksonville, FL

B/Whole wheat toast w/ 1 T peanut butter
Coffee
L/Whole wheat tortilla
1oz cheddar cheese
2/3 cup watermelon
Old 06-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon everyone! Well, I've been absent for about a month now and thought that I would get back in the groove. I'm a Director of Nursing at my main job and it has been very stressful for the last month. They came in and gave a 30 day notice to 5 of my RN's. I work for the State. Anyway, it has left my staffing in chaos. I have always been an emotional eater, so I try not to use stress as an excuse to eat. I have lost weight and even changed my short term goal tracker to a new level as I had completed the previous one! I've lost 60 lbs now since my journey began last year about 15 months ago, not record weight loss, but I feel so much better. I had bronchitis and hadn't been able to walk for about 3 weeks, but I started back this morning, so I plan to keep that up. I'm glad its not raining, we had plenty of that last week.
I hope that everyone is doing well. I liked the ideas with the almond milk. I've never tried it, so I'm going to have to try it. I'm going to be checking back in more often. I know I need the support and I love what everyone has to say and how supportive you are of each other.
Have a great day!!!
Old 06-02-2014, 03:52 PM   #22  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon GG's,

It is sun shiny off and on today. Not sure what the afternoon holds ~ sort of hope Maddie would like to go one of the pools today.

We had Maddie all weekend while Sara did stuff with Corbin. Mommy promised her a trip to Chuck E Cheese if she behaved for the time she was here. She behaved with just a few wrinkles at times, but so much better than other times.

Four more days of school, then we have Maddie all day during the week days. Hope for more sweet than sassy days. Thank goodness for Grandpa who seems to know just the right things to do and say. Grandma doesn't do so good.

Got good news from the endocrinologist today ~ my A1C has dropped back down to the “pre-diabetic” range (6.3). Yippee. Weight is dropping slowly.

Exquisitern ~ glad to see you back. Sorry for the stress of your job. You are doing great with your weight loss.

Deelou ~ keep up the good work with your weight loss ~ the 8.2 pounds is great. Thank you for sharing the link to your son's organization.

Mary ~ enjoy your massages. Good for you with the exercising the other day at the gym.

Rosey ~ did the rain help the fires up your way? I can identify with the poofing posts ~ LOL.

Liana ~ thank you for the article. Scary though that because of how they label ~ you might not even know that ingredient is in a product.

Bobbi ~ from your earlier post: If you put one cup of almond milk in your ice cube trays and freeze it, you get ice cream quality. Do you just take them out of the freezer and eat them in cubes, or thaw a little first? I want to try this, but not sure exactly what to do after they are frozen. I think arranging the meals/snacks from 1-1-1 according to what works for you ~ as long as you keep losing weight ~ should be ok ~ no two people are the same.

Karen MO ~ how are you guys doing? Glad you both had such a nice visit with Tim's sister.

Karen FL ~ how are you doing?

Donna ~ lady of leisure ~ are you enjoying so far?

Cajun ~ hope your tummy feels better. You'll get back on track. Don't feel bad about getting behind on the personals. It isn't mandatory ~ but enjoyed when you can do it. I used to feel discouraged because I didn't do it very often ~ I do better now, but had a hard time keeping up when I was working. Guess it shows that maybe I spend way too much time on the computer.

Lucinda ~ thank you for sharing your recipe ~ another one I'd like to try. I have some of that almond milk and need to find ways to use it. Did you have a nice weekend with your family?

Hi Carol Sue

Hope you all are having a good day.

Last edited by glynne; 06-02-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:03 PM   #23  
Bobbi

Gylnne...
Freeze 1 cup almond milk in ice cube trays. Put frozen cubes in your blender with a tad bit of water or more almond milk, whatever frozen fruit you want, stevia and blend until light and airy. Mine looks like soft serve ice cream. Don't put too much water or almond milk in or it turns into a smoothie.
I've put cocoa powder in for Bruce, carob for me. You can peel bananas and wrap in sara wrap, throw in the freezer and make chocolate banana soft serve.
Last night I made Bruce soft serve using frozen cherries, he loved it. I added fruit flavored stevia and some almond extract.

For mine, I used PB2 peanut butter, vanilla and frozen almond cubes in the blender. Whatever you use in smoothies, use for soft serve. You use very little liquid.

P.S. You can't eat the frozen almond milk cubes, they must be blended.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 06-02-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:26 PM   #24  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Bobbi ~ how much PB2 do you use? How much cocoa powder? I have stevia packets ~ would those be ok. I have never seen it in a liquid form ~ where do you find that? I was thinking too ~ maybe I could put a little bit of vanilla extract in it. Thank you for your help ~ I miss ice cream. I tried freezing yogurt, but it wasn't the same. Maybe if I did it like the almond milk and then put it in the blender, it would come out better.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by glynne; 06-02-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Glynne Good going on your A1C tests!! Feeling healthier each minute I bet!
Old 06-03-2014, 07:50 AM   #26  
Jacksonville, FL

What a happy morning to actually reach 10 pounds lost! I can tell that some of my clothes fit better, I have dropped my one BP med but must admit I look forward to hearing from someone, "you look like you have lost weight"! I am averaging 900 cals a day...the only way I can lose, and am only hungry once in a while. I cannot eat a lot at one time, so that is good.....I will reset my goal when I reach it, doing small goals is easier for me......so if I need to lose 30 pounds, when will this slightly vain old lady hear those words!
Old 06-03-2014, 08:12 AM   #27  
Bobbi

Good Morning girls

Glynne...just put one serving of PB2 in.( 2 Tablespoons = 45 calories) Cocoa is 1 Tablespoon = 15 calories. As to the stevia packets, you can use that or any sweetener. Splenda, store brand splenda, any no calorie sweetener to taste. I stop the blender and have a taste, add more sweetener at that time if needed. Just use the same ingredients you'd put in a smoothie without all the liquid. (The liquid gets frozen into cubes)

Congrats on the 10 pounds Deelou...you are starting out about the same weight I started a few years ago. I was up to 169 and that weight was what broke the camels back. I got very serious about losing it, exercising and I didn't stop until I reached my goal. You too can do it, just keep on truckin'.

Breakfast:
Fiber One-Carb
Flax & Chia-Fat
Almond Milk-Protein

AM Snack: coffee/almond milk shake

Lunch: chicken veggies soup

PM Snack: saved it for after supper snack

Supper:
pork loin- protein
potato - carb
butter for spud-fat
lettuce salad with raspberry vinegar dressing (5 calories)

TV snack: popcorn

Old 06-03-2014, 08:15 AM   #28  
Bobbi

Welcome back exquisitern, do you have a shorter name you can put on the bottom of your post?
Old 06-03-2014, 08:34 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunlady165 View Post
Good morning GG's. What a weekend! Not a good one for sure. It started Thursday morning with stomach cramp and diarrhea all day. Friday again all day and night. Saturday all day and night. Sunday again. About 11:39 am I'd had enough. I took Imodium. What a relief. I felt good all afternoon. Ds called us to go eat barbecue. I ate. All good. Woke up this morning stomach ache again. I don't feel bad like a virus. Maybe something I ate. Who knows! Or could be rotavirus. 3 to 7 days. On another note I never gained anymore lbs. I've been packing the pounds on. My jeans are to the point that I'm bulging out of them. I've got to follow 1-1-1 more strict. I refuse to buy more jeans in the next size.

I have to get back to work. Y'all have a good day!!!

Hugs
Cajun
Hi Cajun,

I had to re-read your post to make sure I had not written it!!! I had the same thing only mine started Saturday evening. The stomach pains were REALY sharp & strong. I finally also took Imodium (have not taken that in years - mine was VERY out of date). I thought it might be something I ate, but all I had was a piece of restaurant quiche & a dish of ice cream.

I still felt a little nauseous on Sunday morning. After that - fine.

Maybe it was some type of virus.

Lynn
Old 06-03-2014, 08:41 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
We had Maddie all weekend while Sara did stuff with Corbin. Mommy promised her a trip to Chuck E Cheese if she behaved for the time she was here. She behaved with just a few wrinkles at times, but so much better than other times.

Got good news from the endocrinologist today ~ my A1C has dropped back down to the “pre-diabetic” range (6.3). Yippee. Weight is dropping slowly.
Hi Gayle,

I would love to see a new photo of Maddie. Please share.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! GREAT news about your A1C. I am thinking about weaning myself off my meds. My A1C has been steady at 6.1 for several years. First thing I will need to do is geet a new glucometer - mine died several months ago.

This would involve MANY tests each day - 1st thing in the morning, an hour before and 3 hours after all meals, and last thing at night. It would also involve recording everything. Right now I take 2 pills/day. I would keep track for a week taking these pills & then start decreasing meds little by little each week while monitoring to make sure my blood sugar is doing well. Would probably also be REALLY good for my weight.

I will let you know if I do this.

Lynn
Closed Thread