Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 01:21 PM   #181  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Deelou - I suspect you ARE starving.... try upping your calories at least 100, and see if that helps. It might be that you're one of us who does well on 900-1,000 calories. Are you drinking a lot of water? Take care of yourself!!

I'm home and am doing beautifully. PT just left and won't need to come back. Because the hip was so badly deteriorated, there are a few more precautions than usual for an ATHR, but I knew that, in my gut, anyway. I'm walking with the cane and the walker, going up and down short flights of stairs, have a routine, and am getting into and out of everything properly. All is fine! Thanks for your good thoughts.

Have a good weekend, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 06-21-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #182  
Jacksonville, FL

Thanks Carol Sue, I am very tired and think the heat and long time outside going in and out of air conditioning wore me out. I have a very upset stomach, but am back down.....heat, dehydration, age and hypothyroidism all are reasons I could have gained!
Old 06-21-2014, 02:19 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 253/234/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies-- New to these forums. Would love to join you, I just turned 50 and don't feel my age. Counting my blessings and calories. Have a great day and happy start to summer!
Old 06-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 253/234/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Deelou--- hope you are feeling better soon
Old 06-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #185  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon GG's,

Donna ~ glad you are home now and doing so well. Yippee ~ the comfort of your own bed and you fuzzy lap warmer. Bet Samson was glad to see you.

Welcome Flower and Ruby (kmruby1) ~ glad you've joined us.

Hello to everyone else.

Maybe will do some personals later. Right now, trying to get something done without the assistance of my helper (Maddie). Wanted to start on a baby afghan ~ pattern I haven't done before and thought it would be easier to do that when it was quiet and I was uninterrupted

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:01 PM   #186  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Flower and Ruby, what kind of plans are you following?

Donna...glad you're home with Samson and doing well.

I love zucchini, this recipe sounds good. I hope I don't forget/lose the recipe when the zucchini comes in.

I'm doing really crappy on my 1-1-1, haven't followed it for a week or so.

Quote:
Zucchini Tots from the Skinnytaste.com site
Ingredients:
cooking spray
1 packed cup grated zucchini (One advice is to be sure to squeeze as much water out of the shredded zucchini, I just used paper towels. Some moisture will still remain, but they will turn out just fine.)
1 large egg
1/4 medium onion, minced
1/4 cup grated reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Grate the zucchini into a clean dish towel until you have 1 packed cup. Wring all of the excess water out of the zucchini, there will be a lot of water. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, turning halfway though cooking until golden.
Servings: 3 Serving Size: 4 tots • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 108 • Fat: 4.3 g • Protein: 6.8 g • Carb: 11.5 g • Fiber: 1.8 g • Sugar: 2 g
Sodium: 262 mg (without salt)

Last edited by Bobbolink; 06-21-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:12 PM   #187  

Height: 5'3"

It is good to have a day just to stay home and play catchup on some things around the house. Dh is working in the yard working on the mole situation plus other gardening things. I think he is trying to get some things done that he probably won't be able to do after his surgery. It is a nice day. I've been decluttering, catching up on some housework and entering sweepstakes so far.

Kmruby1 - Welcome!!

Donna - Glad you are home...no place like home...and that you are doing so well!!

Flower - Love the name and glad you have joined us! My will power is lacking too...but I keep trying. Doing something is better than nothing I say. It is good that you are thinking about these things while you are NOT overweight. I wish I had. It seems like gaining weight has always taken me by surprised...in the beginning as I used to be very skinny and thought I'd never gain, then after losing weight on diets, I'd seem to forget it comes back if you go back to your old eating habits. duh!

Wannabe - How did your dinner go? The food you described sounded good.

Cana - My first three kids were all born the first week in March. Maybe its the romantic month and here I thought that was June.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:16 PM   #188  

Hi everyone..rainy day here. I have been doing house work too ugh..Jess am so glad u are home,im a firm believer every one heals best in their own home welcome flower and ruby,tell us about yourselves and what eating plan you are on?. steve has been limping and complaining of a sore knee so I sent him to the dr. after several tests,ultra sound and mri he has a Bakers cyst in the back of his knee and it has grown into the joint. very painful and requires surgery to fix.. honestly hes falling apart.. feel bad for him and me as hes a terrible patient. and he's still having troubles with his neck.. sheesh so hes hobbling around using my cane,so we are quite a pair of gimps not much else is going on,chores are done so i'll bury my nose in my book. hope you all are having a good weekend rosey
Old 06-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Donna - Glad you are home...no place like home...and that you are doing so well!!

Flower - Love the name and glad you have joined us!

Cana - My first three kids were all born the first week in March. Maybe its the romantic month and here I thought that was June.
Hi to the new gals, Good to see your posts again Karen - hope hubby is feeling comfortable. Maryea - in your case the romantic month is 9 months before March, hahahah!

Keep up the good work over the weekend, ladies.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:35 PM   #190  

Height: 5'3"

LOL Cana, I think when I typed that I had in my mind that they were begun a year before in March or something plus the weddings...duh, the way my mind is going I may need the birds and bees explained to me again!
Old 06-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Sorry I have been kind of MIA!! Tim has 4 younger siblings (2 sisters and 2 brothers) and over the course of the last 2 weeks they have all made their way to see him. Not all at the same time... WHEW!! But his oldest younger sister(from Albuquerque, NM) came in and spent 4 days with us. And the his two brothers (one from Mass and one from New Hampshire) came at the same time for like 3 days and then the day they left, we, the brothers and I, went and picked up the youngest sister who came from Pennsylvania. We picker her up at 1:00am and the brothers had to leave at 5:00am to fly out that same morning so it has been a whirlwind couple of weeks!

Tim is now trying another type of chemo. It is an oral pill called capesidabene--Don't know if I spelled that right or not. He has been taking it a little over a week now and seems to be doing OK. I keep asking him how he feels but I don't think he would tell me if he feels bad... MEN!! Anyway, they have told me that from the time that the pancreatic cancer was diagnosed it had probably already been in his system for at least 14 months. And on April 1 they told us they were giving him 6 months to a year. So everything is really just day by day.. But right now he is doing OK.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:11 AM   #192  

Thanks everyone for the great welcomes. I SO appreicate it.
Karen31, I am so sorry to read about your husband. Sending light, if thats okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post

Flower - Love the name and glad you have joined us! My will power is lacking too...but I keep trying. Doing something is better than nothing I say. It is good that you are thinking about these things while you are NOT overweight. I wish I had. It seems like gaining weight has always taken me by surprised...in the beginning as I used to be very skinny and thought I'd never gain, then after losing weight on diets, I'd seem to forget it comes back if you go back to your old eating habits. duh!
Oh Maryea, I am trying to change the yoyo pattern. Believe me, I have been quite big many times. Med large many times. Up and down more times than I can count. And I have the angel wings under my arms to prove it ( aka lots of skin). What I now say about the food cravings is there is a gremlin inside that wakes up and craves food. So I have to do what is needed to keep the gremlin asleep. It wakes when I have slips. And it just wants food. thats it. Food, lol. So I am trying to keep the gremlin from fully waking up. Not an easy task. Trying to do things differently. But the core is not differet. Its that driving need to eat. oh yes.
Bobbolink, i copied the recipe. Thank you. Great low calories. i will use Cabot reduced fat cheddar.

Thanks again for the welcome, everyone. It helped so much

Last edited by flower123; 06-22-2014 at 02:12 AM.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:55 AM   #193  
Bobbi

Karen...Thanks for letting us know about Tim. The doc said he probably had it 14 months prior? Looking back, did Tim know something was different about his body and just ignored the warning signs or is this a silent disease that sneaks in without symptoms? I think God was looking after you when you decided to sell your Colorado home and move back to your family in Missouri. At a sad time like this, you need the love and support of family. I'm so sorry you both are going through this, but there is always hope in miracles happening. God bless you both.

Quote:
Anyway, they have told me that from the time that the pancreatic cancer was diagnosed it had probably already been in his system for at least 14 months. And on April 1 they told us they were giving him 6 months to a year. So everything is really just day by day.. But right now he is doing OK.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 06-22-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:57 AM   #194  
Bobbi

Flower, we're big fans of Cabot cheese too. It is the best, I didn't know they had a lower calories Cabot's. I'll have to look for it.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:47 PM   #195  
Jacksonville, FL

Karen, I am praying for you and Tim and your family.....
Closed Thread