3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~June Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/296391-%7E%7Ejune-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

glynne 06-05-2014 01:34 PM

Bobbi ~ thank you for the idea of freezing the almond milk in a zip lock bag flat on a plate. That actually would probably work better. Often times, there is no place to set an ice cube tray where it wouldn't get bumped or spilled. How long could you keep it frozen before it should be used up?

exquisitern 06-05-2014 02:33 PM

Bobbi: Yes, my name is Donna, but I think you have another Donna on here, so you can call me Nurse Donna or Donna RN, whichever is fine.

Deelou: Congrats on your weight loss!!!

Carol Sue: That Veggetti at Walmart sounds like something I'm going to look for and try with the spaghetti sauce.

I love seeing what everyone is eating. I do better some days than others. I usually only eat fruit in the day (several different kinds, peaches, cantelope, watermelon, pineapple) whatever is handy, then a light meal, just cut down on the amount. So far it is working.
I'm also back walking 3 miles in the morning. I have to stop and feed peanuts to the squirrels, they come running when they hear me clicking for them to come. It starts my day right before I head to work.
I had to go in for a biometric screening for work. We have to do it annually to keep our insurance coverage. All my cholesterol levels, glucose level and blood pressure were great. Their scale even had me smaller at 183, though I had taken off my tennis shoes at their request when I weighed!!! I was really happy!!!

Well it's pouring down rain here, hope everyone is doing well. Take care everyone.

exquisitern 06-05-2014 02:36 PM

Gayle: I love your height says 4' 11 1/2" I went for that Biometric screening and they have me down to 5'1" which is shorter than I ever remember before! Maybe I am shrinking in my golden years! lol

Wannabehealthy 06-05-2014 03:23 PM

Cajun, it is not spaghetti squash. I have had that. This is a utensil you use with a small zucchini to make zucchini "spaghetti." It cuts the zucchini into thin strands like spaghetti or wider ones like fettuccini. I don't know if I'm allowed to post this link or not. They are "as seen on TV" and sold other places besides WalMart.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/As-Seen-on...White/34334458

If you look on UTube you can see a video of a woman using it.

Next time I will try it will a yellow zucchini.

Lucinda, I think you can be very healthy on a vegan or vegetarian diet. Many vegetables have protein, it's just a little different from the protein in meat, fish, eggs, etc. I commend you for what you have done in changing your life and wish I had your discipline.

glynne 06-05-2014 03:24 PM

Donna RN ~ I shrunk too ~ used to be 5'2". It is probably silly of me to write the 1/2", but I don't want to willingly give up any of what I have left :dizzy:

glynne 06-05-2014 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pictue of that little dessert dish that I put my fruit and yogurt parfait in. Probably silly, but it seems like I am having some fancy treat when I put it in this little dish :dizzy:

jess1 06-05-2014 04:59 PM

Hola, Goldens....

Geez, I can't believe how SHORT you all are! CK is short, too! I feel like a hulking Amazon at 5'7"!! Actually, I wouldn't trade the height.

Bobbi - yes, surgery is scheduled (officially tentatively!) on the 17th. I see the surgeon on Monday and will get the officially official date. If I offer to rip off his head with my bare hands, maybe he'll be less likely to thwart me?? Insofar as how much booze I can drink, I've been a teetotaller for 30 years, but I suppose anything is possible! I'm naively thinking that all will be fine, all will go as it should, and there will be no problems!

Gayle - your Maddie looks like Mary's gd in this picture. Such pretty babies, both of them!! I loved the waffle creation!

Nothing to report. Sounds like you're all doing fine! Later, lovelies!

Cajunlady165 06-05-2014 05:19 PM

Thanks Carol Sue. I will look for it at walmart. I love the spaghetti squash with spaghetti sauce. I like it baked and on the crunchy side. It also good with a lil butter and seasoning.

I wish I was taller. I'm assuming I'm 5'2" too I may have gotten shorter too. Hmmm going to check. I have one of those doctor scales and it has a height thing on it too.
Later ladies

Hugs Cajun

akrosey49 06-05-2014 05:51 PM

I think I am the shortest at 4' 10" in my shoes lol rosey :wave:

lucindaarrowspark 06-05-2014 06:32 PM

We have been celebrating a religious holiday these past two days and I have not tricked myself into eating just a wee nibble of this or that ...my daughter and I baked a blueberry cake. I keep it out in plain sight for my family to eat and enjoy. I get satisfaction from watching them eat it. they are all healthy specimens of humanity and they do not struggle with binge eating or sugar addiction.

Anyhow.after dinner,I ate an orange yesterday and a small handfull of nuts just as a holiday treat. So yummy and it felt celebratory.
I did not want to weigh myself these past few days because I have not gone to Zumba class because we are observing the Holiday and I had company over. I have been relaxed about adding an extra half an avocado to my salad and I have been eating until I feel full and satiated rather than stopping before being full.
Apparently eating raw vegetables to my hearts content does not punish me with climbing scale numbers. Broccolli and collard greens are my friends....

akrosey49 06-06-2014 02:18 AM

another nice day,puttering in my craft room. rosey :wave:

breakfast
coffee

lunch
1/2 p butter sandwich
apple
iced tea

snack
ham and cheese roll up
coffee mocha blended with ice

dinner
marie collenders turkey pot pie ( I ate 1/2 and shared the rest with my pups)
iced tea

Cajunlady165 06-06-2014 08:59 AM

Good morning golden girls. Yesterday's menu
Breakfast
Bacon sandwich PCF
Lunch
Sloppy joes on bun
Snack
Protein bar
Cheeros
1 tbls chocolate
Supper
Stuffed pork chop
Mashed potatoes
Corn
2 carbs. I know not 1-1-1 actually 1/2 of each one made 1 carb but not supposed to do 1/2 and 1/2. It was late and I was exhausted and didn't feel like worrying about 1-1-1. I know there was no veggies for the day either. Not a total mess up but not good eating either.

Be back later ladies

Hugs
Cajun

Wannabehealthy 06-06-2014 10:30 AM

Lucinda, I absolutely LOVE vegetables and eat a lot of them. Unfortunately, I eat a lot of other stuff too!

maryea 06-06-2014 02:44 PM

Hello everyone!:) It's beautiful day! Yesterday dh worked very long hours chopping up the wood from our last tree taken down. Because the pieces were very large, he rented a larger machine so worked from 9-6 so he could get it all done. He took a couple brief breaks and I found out later he did drink water throughout the day. He put up an umbrella to protect himself from the sun. Often I will take out ice water or ice tea in case he needs it and just doesn't want to stop but I got busy myself yesterday and didn't think of it until he was almost done. Last night he was tired, stiff and achy but he took some pain reliever and was ok this am...took back the machine, watered the yards and was planning on going to the gym. We were about to leave and he decided to take his BP...it was high ...I thought it might just be his coffee...but then he tells me it was even higher before breakfast. So I suggested he stay home and rest. So no gym today as I want to be with him. He rested in the lounge on the patio and now says he feels fine and went to get the car washed. We still get free car washes with our new car so he only has one car to wash himself at least. He is such a hard worker still at 79 years.

I did pretty well on my eating yesterday and my bs are a little better again esp considering I forgot to take my am meds yesterday.

My eating so far today
breakfast
PB mocha frappe - this is a lighter version but still contains protein, carb, and fat. Because it isn't very sweet I use the chocolate Stevia that Val recommended to make it more tasty.

Back again!
lunch
grilled cheese sandwich - just cheese slice and ww bread lightly fried in SB
strawberries - here's my "flexibility" showing LOL

pm snack
PB mocha frappe
mixed nuts

dinner
chicken and asparagus (and green onions) stirfry
1/2 cup rice

Lucinda - Do you eat beans, tofu, or pea rice or something to get more protein? You're getting protein from regular veggies, yes, but I would think you'd need to get more complete proteins. My concern would be that you might lose muscle as well as the fat and you don't want to do that.

maryea 06-06-2014 04:52 PM

Decided to post this separately from the post I am editing as I eat.

Remember how I said that the One One One eating plan made me think of how I ate when I was younger and much much thinner? Well I was thinking about that today and realized that is not exactly correct. I was not on a diet of course then and the way I ate was similar to One but here's more how it went. I had very precise ideas on what foods I should eat and combine. Breakfast would be either a starchy/sweet (usually starchy) carb and fruit or a protein (egg) and maybe veggies and a starchy carb. I sometimes would drink milk with these foods but I didn't like milk much then. But the thing is my tummy in those long ago days could not always hold that much food :dizzy: so if possible I would often divide it up into a meal and a snack a couple hours later. So I'd end up eating either the starchy/sweet carb or protein and starchy carb and having the fruit or dairy as a snack. In those days I thought about protein, carb and fat but didn't think about dairy or even fruit (I don't think) as a carb. Realize this was a long time ago, many many years before weight gain, nurses training and diabetes came into my life! Lunch was some kind of protein (usually a small amt of meat) with a veggie. Dinner would be a larger amt of protein (usually meat) and much more veggies. My snacking was always my downfall...I'd have fruit and sometimes milk, but also ate a lot candy and sunflower seeds.

So I was wrong that it was really like One One One, but there was that kind of thinking in my head as I ate, I just did it in a much more flexible way and of course I didn't know anything about the release of insulin etc. But I think If I could get back to that way of eating (except for the junk food which I eat very little of now) I would probably lose weight. I also think it is interesting how my knowledge and views on food and nutrition has changed through the years! In those days I exercised for fun or need (no car), now I have to purposely exercise for health.

Just my rambling thoughts...