Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 03:59 PM   #241  
Jacksonville, FL

I too have just about taken off desserts from my menu. I will sometimes have a couple go graham crackers and a small glass of milk, or sf hot chocolate, ff sf ice cream 1/3 cup but in the past two months I imagine I have only had 5 of these....also....potato chips...only a few times. My biggest food challenge is getting enough fruits and veggies....just don't care for them much
Old 06-29-2014, 06:32 PM   #242  

Height: 5'3"

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday! I was so happy because our son and his gf popped into the pew just when I'd given up on them! Always makes me feel so good having them there beside me. We had a guest speaker, Luis Palau ..some of you may know him. Really enjoyed his message.

BS was really high this morning despite eating well yesterday but I've done ok so far today again. I think I'll need more meds but I'm still going to keep trying. Maybe I'll be like you wannabee if I keep trying.

Oh, just looked at yesterday's post and realized I said the GPS cabled worked on our other car plugged in...no, it didn't work in either car plugged but worked on battery so that's how we knew it was the cable.

Deelou - Good for you for cutting back on the desserts! I know it's hard when you enjoy them. We never have dessert after a meal here at home. Dh will occasionally buy something sweet for a treat and we have been sharing it. But right now I'm realizing I can eat so few carbs that I can't usually even have a carb snack. I'm not happy about that but that's the way it is.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:55 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucindaarrowspark View Post
Good for you Flower123! I also separated myself from my trigger foods! I gained control by just swearing off/avoiding/junking all the foods that lead me to a binge! It is liberating to be free from bad food addictions!
Lucinda, the thing that amazes me is that you not only have sworn off these foods, but you do keep them in the house for your family, but you are able to stay away from them yourself! That is a real accomplishment!
Old 06-30-2014, 09:01 AM   #244  
Jacksonville, FL

I have had three college visits in the heat this month...2-3 hours each and I am not bouncing back like I used to....this getting old tiresome, yet I am so very thankful that I have remained healthy except for the thyroid stuff. Now that I am at 13 pounds my skin is looking very wrinkled and saggy.....makes me wish I had figured this all out earlier, but I listened to all including my MD'S who said I should not eat less than 1200 cals a day and could not lose. Glad the last two told me go ahead...drop the cals per day, with thyroid issues 900-1000 would be fine.....any ideas about the sags?
Old 06-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. We went to the camp this weekend. Worked on waterwell shed. It was so hot. Dh was soaking wet. Saturday evening we went to the wedding. It was very nice. I stayed on diet 100%. Dh brought cake home from the wedding and I didn't have any. Amazing!! Sweets are my weakness. Last night dh cooked some sausage stuffed boneless thighs wrapped in bacon on our indoor rotisserie. They were delicious. We use our rotisserie often. It gives off the best flavor.
Youngest ds got a new bed for his house. Guess what he did with his old one. Yep that's right. Brought it back and set up here is in old room.
Oldest son just texted me from work needing the sheriffs number. Someone dumped a car in his driveway last night. I may be stolen. Waiting to hear what they told him. I good they don't charge him to tow it off.
This week I only work 4 days. Off Friday got July 4. I like those 3 day weekends.

Dee I see your ticker is down another lb. Congrats.

Mary no matter if you do good or bad on your diet you never give up. I admire that in you. If I do bad I think all is lost and start binging. This is something I'm trying to learn to control. If I do bad one day all is not lost just jump back on. Something I struggle with.

Hi to all. Got to get to work

Hugs
Cajun
Old 06-30-2014, 02:42 PM   #246  

Height: 5'3"

Sunny today again and dh is trying to get as much yard work done as he can before tomorrow (surgery). So far I haven't done much but will get started after I post this. My weight as up again today...Sunday is usually a bigger eating day for me but I was doing fine until I noticed that I got way too many calories for lunch and I just gave up. So see, Cajun, I do that too...giving up and binging. Later (way too late) I thought...why did I do that. Even though my calories were high, my carbs were good but of course not after the binging..
But it is never too late to begin again and yes, I do keep trying! Of couse my am bs was high but not as bad as yesterday (even though I'd eaten well the day before) So far I've done ok this morning but then I've only had breakfast.

Deelou - what to do about the sag...that is definitely an issue...If I lost all my weigh which is mostly in my middle, I'd hate to think about how my skin would sag! I've never lost it all so it hasn't ever been much of a problem but it sure would be if I lost it all. Of course exercise should help some but if it's a lot esp in the abdomenal area, it might require surgery to get rid of it. Not sure I'd do it though...I've had too many surgeries all ready.

Wannabe/Lucinda - Yes that is what I admire about Lucinda too...that she can have the forbidden food around her and not indulge!! Not even a little bit!! Amazing in my opinion!

Last edited by maryea; 06-30-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:08 PM   #247  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Hi girls....I'm closing out this thread for June. Where did the time go?

July thread is up and running. I'm not doing so good with the 1-1-1. I will start tomorrow on my "Tried and True" calorie counting. I'm procrastinating because I don't have that much to take off. I worked hard the last few days moving family into condo. Instead of losing, I was bombarded with every kind of sugary sweets available. I could not leave the rice crispie bars alone, she had those itty, bitty caramel balls in them. If you dare, check them out. They are the size of a pea (caramel balls) and can be found with the chocolate chips, etc. Anyway, I'm up a couple pounds.

See ya in the July thread.
Closed Thread