Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #196  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Talking

Ok my lady friends. I came to vent and spread my energy so catch up or hold on.
A recipe for zucchini is a recipe for disaster. Zucchini is a near perfect food. I eat it raw or I juice the living daylights out of it in my old school Jack La Lane. Hello Creamy goodness with out the fat, oil calories etc...
I am so unimpressed with the "healthy Life style magazines" that somehow magically found their way to my house.
Every exercise is geared toward some one who can run a marathon and can spend $200 dollars on a shirt worn to sweat in!
How can I take their healthy advice when every other article is about how to cheat on your diet... chocolate on a diet ...No Way!
I got fat because I have no control. I push all the empty carbs,( breadcrumbs on zucchini????) out of my way....I simply can not eat like that and lose/maintain my weight. I am too old to go on wacko diets ( such as fasting every other day) and I can not delude myself into believing that I can eat at a chain restaurant anything other than heaps of unadorned salad greens. I can not eat a sandwich. EVER. Not if bread is involved. And you know what?
Thats ok!!! Because I lost 50 pounds this year and I will never invite them to stay at my hips, thighs, belly. chin, breasts again. !!
Old 06-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #197  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hang in there, Lucinda!
Old 06-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #198  

Height: 5'3"

Its another beautiful day! Hope they continue like this. It was supposed to get to 82 but it is only 79 so far (4:22 pm). 79 is fine with me, I prefer it not go over 80 actually. Went to church this morning...we had a guest speaker and the teaching was very good. After church we went out to eat. Since I got home I've been online. Will post this and then rest.

Today I won 4 coupons for free pretzels from Auntie Annes. Perhaps the grandchildren will like them.

Lucinda - I'm glad you are happy with your diet. I couldn't stand it but then that's me and you're the one losing weight not me.

Bobbi/Karen31 - I didn't know you lived in Colorado before MO, Karen. Sounds like it has worked out for the best as Bobbi said. The support of family is good for you to have especially now with Tim so sick. Remember doctors don't always get it right...enjoy whatever time you have and hopefully he will do well for a long while yet. Does he complain of any pain? My dh is like that too..doesn't like to complain.

Next week looks busy...dh has three appts and I will go along for a couple of them probably, one for sure. Otherwise he will be working in the yard trying to get everything done that he won't likely be able to do after surgery for a while. Our son wants to have a BBQ on the 4th and I told him if he wants to do the BBQing we can do it if all is going well with dad. I'll make a few side dishes and ask our dd to help too. So will see how it goes.

Well, I'm tired so going to rest.

Last edited by maryea; 06-22-2014 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:49 PM   #199  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Flower, we're big fans of Cabot cheese too. It is the best, I didn't know they had a lower calories Cabot's. I'll have to look for it.
Bobbolink, Cabot has 2 light cheddar cheeses.
one is light. 70 calories. the other is extra light. 60 calories. Supposedly the 70 calorie cheese is peferable in taste and texture.

I have tried the extra light. A bit like hard rubber. The 70 calorie light has a good rating. Not so much the extra light. I hope that helps
Old 06-22-2014, 09:09 PM   #200  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Lucinda...you can push all the bread crumbed zucchini my way, I love it dipped in egg beater, bread crumbs and baked. YUM-O. I can't wait for my zucchini plants to grow!
Quote:
( breadcrumbs on zucchini????) out of my way
Old 06-22-2014, 09:34 PM   #201  

Bobbi we have zucchini but we let them get larger than we wanted so we are giving them away. We like when they are little and grill them or stir-fry them. Either way yummy!! I'm a pretty plain eater so mostly I just like a tiny bit of olive oil and I'm good to go with veggies.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:44 PM   #202  
kosherveganchick

thank you my 3fc friends for letting me blow off some post-menopausal steam. It builds up every so often and if I don't let it out I end up swallowing up my emotions and that leads me to poor food choices.
You all are the best!
I really dig our "judgment free" vibe we got going.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:31 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Stinkin hot & sunny here today, 30C or about 90, but at least it's not very humid. It's only 21C or 72 here at 9:30 pm. so not bad to sleep in now. We had our RCMP Citizens Patrol BBQ today and it was excellent - local detachment officers joined us and we all had bison burgers (local supplier) with cheese on the BBQ and all kinds of great salads - I brought a field greens salad with halved red seedless grapes, fresh mushrooms, raw pumpkin seeds, and pomegranate vinaigrette. There was a Santa Fe salad with black beans corn, red & green peppers and onions, another 6 bean salad, another green salad with peppers & a vinaigrette, a potato salad, a macaroni salad, devilled eggs, pickled beets, pickled carrots, regular pickles. Dessert was everything from a square that required 11 Mars bars to make , ice cream sandwiches, lemon meringue pie, pecan pie, and a pistachio pudding square with a chokecherry sauce. Everything home made! MMMM! I ate everything but the potato salad and the macaroni salad, and only had the pistachio pudding square with sauce for dessert because it was gluten free. Having to be gluten free actually saves me from eating a lot of the dessert selection. Pretty well everything has a wheat based crust when you are talking desserts. We played some neat lawn games like beanbag target toss, and others I don't know the name of. Lots of fun. Almost forgot - also a couple of glasses of Sauvignon Blanc, and a few glasses of punch made with 7-Up, fruit juices and tons of berries and lemons & limes & oranges in it. It made a great White Sangria too.
Hope the new week goes well for all!
Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 06-23-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi, this article says that although there are early warning signs of pancreatic cancer but they are so vague that they are not recognized.

http://www.caring.com/articles/10-ea...creatic-cancer
Old 06-23-2014, 09:14 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. What a weekend. Friday after work went to sisters house and packed up for our crabbing trip. We went out to eat. Woke up at 230 Saturday morning. I couldn't sleep. I think I dozed off at 130. So I only got 1 hour of sleep. We went crabbing until about 1 pm. Got home at 3 and starting getting things ready to cook. We caught 8 dozen. We cooked them Saturday night. It was dh birthday so we made him a chocolate cake with cookies and cream icing. I took a small bite just to see what it tasted like beings it was a new flavor. I was ok with that. We fell into bed at 10:00 exhausted. Woke up at 645 and went fishing yesterday until about 3. The heat was so bad. I got home and took a cold shower. Dh cooked and we were in bed for 7. Mil called and told us there was a young fox on her carport and he was coming toward our house. I looked out the window and he was under our carport. We have 2 of them. They come in our yard every afternoon. I told dh he needs to get rid of them. They are getting too close for comfort. Invading my space. He called a trapper that wants them. So that was our weekend. Fun but exhausting. The best part was I stayed 100% on tract. Yah!!!!!!!!!!!! I did eat boiled crabs and that's ok I can have them but they make me retain fluid and it takes a couple days to get rid of it. Usually about 2 lbs. but I know it's fluid from the seasoning.

Liana- we have heat here to. It's 95 with humitidy. Woke up to 82 degrees this morning. We walk outside and the heat is suffocating. It's instantly sweating. Hate summer.
Lucinda- vent all you want. We have all been in that situation a time or two. These ladies have helped me so much.
Flower welcome. These ladies are so very helpful. They congratulate you when you do good and get the rolling pin out when you don't do good. Lol.
Mary can you believe we haven't made plans for 4th of July yet. I'm sure it will be camping some where's but with who not sure yet.
Karen 31 sending hugs your way. Prayers to give you strength. For your Tim to be pain free. We went thru the same thing y'all are going thru. My father in law had pancreatic cancer. If it's any conciliation to you he never had much pain.
Rosey my knee is hurting and I was thinking it could be baker cyst. I've been neglecting getting it checked out.
Bobbi I found out the carbs on that plan made me crave more all the time. I guess I'm a all or nothing gal.
Gayle- I do daycare in my home. I know how you feel everyday. I have 6.
Ruby welcome. Tell us a little about yourself and your food plan.
Donna very glad you are doing ok. Praying to a good recovery and pain free after the healing!!!
Carol sue. That trampoline is awesome for a cool workout. I do it under a fan. Before when I did it the inches just fell off my hips. Hope I can do it again with the same results. I jog in one place. So far never fell off.
Deelou hang in there. It could be fluid retention. Like someone else said it could be too low calories and your body is thinking your starving yourself and holding on to what you are feeding it. Good luck.
Sorry if I skipped anyone.
Hi k3

Got to get the laundry started.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 06-23-2014, 09:40 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

CarolSue, while all those are signs of pancreatic cancer, they don't all show up at once. When my hubby started with the yellow eyes, and skin they checked him for hepatitis, which would be a reasonable thing to think. But by the time these signs show up, the cancer has already been in the body for the 14 months which is what our Dr. had said. Which is why, by the time it is diagnosed, it is already in the advanced stages. Not because early signs were missed!!

Cajun, thanks. He says he doesn't feel bad right now even while taking the chemo pills. The chemo IV was a different story. The second treatment of the IV almost did him in! I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your FIL. It just isn't easy to think about but something that I am having to learn to deal with.

Last edited by Karen31; 06-23-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #207  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hugs Karen MO ~ we went through the same cancer with Steve's mom a few years back. Thoughts and prayers continue ~ you're not alone.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #208  

Good morning everyone! Dh went fishing this morning and I slept in. I took a long nap yesterday afternoon and then couldn't sleep last night til about 3 am at least. Our son and his gf dropped in last night just for a little while. Other than that it's been pretty quiet. I haven't gotten much done yet today except breakfast ..had oatmeal this morning. I ran out and chose not to buy any more mocha mix since I tend to crave it. I think I'm going through withdrawal..

Take care all...

Last edited by maryea; 06-23-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:55 AM   #209  
kosherveganchick

Kudos Maryea! Committing to eliminating a trigger/crave takes strength!
Old 06-24-2014, 09:06 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning. Future dil booked the reception hall yesterday. Looks like rain again for us thru Thursday. Dh and I have a wedding Saturday night. Tomorriw is weigh in day. I don't feel a loss this week. But I did have a 5 lb loss last week. It's going to take a few weeks for my body to adjust to this plan. I'm hoping that's the case.

Hi to all. Work calls.
Hugs
Cajun
Closed Thread