3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   25/30 Pound Goal - Let's Do It Together - Thread3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/295641-25-30-pound-goal-lets-do-together-thread3.html)

Crimzon 08-16-2014 03:45 PM

Hey folks,

I stayed the same but won't complain since I seem to be heading in the right direction.

Good luck with the 1/2 marathon Corinna!

Have fun at your fairs Renee! Congrats on the loss!

Have a great week everyone.

Corinna T 08-17-2014 01:08 AM

Hey Lizzie! Sounds like you are still hanging in there. No weight gain is good too. :yes:

Renee-your summers always sound so nice. I'm happy for you. :hug:

1/2 marathon is over, and I survived. :snail:
I'm not that fast, but I did it. Now to sit back and relax these muscles.

Wishing all a wonderful Sunday. :flow2:

Renee3 08-17-2014 06:02 AM

Good for you, Corinna. :carrot: Was it a walking or running marathon? Walking I could do, running, never, my knees would give out :)

AAD 08-17-2014 01:07 PM

Start 1/20 @223.1# & Target = 198.1
7/19 = 210.3 = -12.8 Halfway!
7/26 = 209.9 = -13.2
August 2 = 209.6 = -13.5
Aug 10 = 209.1 = -14
8/17 = 208.7 = -14.4

Crimzon 08-17-2014 05:58 PM

:bravo:

Corinna - that is excellent!!

:bravo:

I wish I could do stuff like that. I was diagnosed with Neuromas in my feet this week:(
Working on sorting it out....

Renee3 08-17-2014 08:20 PM

AAD, you're doing great!

Corinna T 08-18-2014 05:39 AM

Hi Renee, it was a jogging for the most part with a mix of walking when the legs would give out. Getting old stinks. That was the last big race for the season. Now I can relax and just do the smaller ones, and more walking..

Yeah AAD, your still on track losing!!!

Lizzie-what is Neuromas? Is it painful?

jollyjude 08-19-2014 10:17 PM

:wave:Hi everyone - I am back from a very eventful (2 car breakdowns) trip!

Aida & Renee - great job on those losses!:carrot:

Corinna - Awesome work on the 1/2 marathon - you are an inspiration:bravo:

All the women in our family have had bad knees, but I am finding that as I lose weight my knees are hardly ever bothering me - I have started weights using a kettle bell, and running stairs in the ravine down the way (there are a lot of stairs down there).

I totally went off plan while we were away.
We were in a part of the country famous for its wines, and we were celebrating with friends and family that are famous for their love of foods! I know I put on weight, but have been behaving the last couple of days, and this morning, am only up .6 lb

Good week to everyone!

Corinna T 08-21-2014 07:39 AM

Welcome back Jude! Sounds like you had a nice time. :) Two car breakdowns ?!?! How did you arrange that?

Corinna T 08-23-2014 01:24 AM

:yikes: What!?!?!?!

You guessed it.

The scale says I am up 1 pound this week.

:ebike: Time to dust off the bike and get back on it.

Renee3 08-23-2014 06:14 AM

Down .2 lbs. Not much, but in the right direction......

It's ok Corinna. You will do better this week. You can do it!

AAD 08-23-2014 09:15 AM

7/26 = 209.9 = -13.2
August 2 = 209.6 = -13.5
Aug 10 = 209.1 = -14
8/17 = 208.7 = -14.4
8/23 = 208.3 = -14.8

Renee3 08-23-2014 11:45 AM

AAD...keep up the good work!!!!!

jollyjude 08-23-2014 12:30 PM

Down 3.8 lbs. this week:D

Renee & Aida - Good job on keeping the losses going!

Corinna - You are so close to goal that I think a pound fluctuation here and there is kind of normal, as long as you are aware of it and keep it under control.

Our van breakdowns on holiday weren't major - we lost the a/c the first time, and the second time we lost the power steering. Our biggest problem was finding someone to look at it, let alone fix it.
The first time, we were passing through a very popular tourist lake area, and stopping at every town to see if anyone could help us (it was over 35 deg.C). We finally made it to the town where the wedding was taking place, and were lucky enough to be referred to a mechanic that was booked up, but took pity on us and managed to get the a/c fixed within a day! He was awesome!
Second time was in the Spokane Valley coming out of a parking lot,lost the power steering, spewed fluid all over the road. We ended up driving to Sandpoint Idaho strong arming the steering (does that count as exercise?). Next morning we found a mechanic that had it fixed in about 20 minutes and charged us only $20 (a clamp had come loose on a hose). He was awesome too!
All this with my daughter 5 1/2 months pregnant and my 4 year old granddaughter - we all thought it a great adventure!

Have a good week everyone

Renee3 08-23-2014 04:00 PM

:carrot: Jollyjude :carrot:

Corinna T 08-25-2014 06:07 AM

Good job Renee, Aida, and Jude! You ladies are making great progress. Keep it up.

:cb:

Jude-that was some kind of adventure!!!

Corinna T 08-25-2014 06:09 AM

Avoiding Mistakes

One sure way to avoid mistakes is to avoid taking action. But in the
long run, avoiding action would be the biggest mistake of all, for
nothing would ever get done.

If you're going to move forward, you're going to make some wrong
turns along the way. Don't let that stop you from proceeding.
There will be many times when you'll look back and wish you had done
things differently. Don't let that stop you from moving forward.
Mistakes are bad enough on their own. Don't be so afraid of them that
you avoid life itself.

Every mistake you've ever made is now in the past. The way to move
ahead is to leave them there. Learn from where you went wrong,
then step confidently and positively forward. For now is your time to live and to act.

By Ralph Marston

:carrot:

WebWoman 08-25-2014 08:40 AM

Hello ladies, it's been a while. I've had a rocky August, losing 2 friends to cancer, one lady only 54 years old. I also had to move both my twins back to their separate college campuses and still have to make curtains for my daughter for privacy. A rollercoaster of emotions, all leading to the refrigerator. :-( I'm up about 4 pounds, but I hope I can take 2 of them off this week - I am DETERMINED!!

Corinne, congrats on the half marathon! My friends and I have walked two of them in the last 2 years and it's quite the exercise. Would love to be able to RUN them one day, but for now am working up to running a 5K.

Renee, have fun at the fairs! Cherry, I believe you and I are about the same weight at the moment.

Congrats to everyone who is losing, no matter how slowly...have a great week!

Andi

Renee3 08-25-2014 10:48 AM

Andi, good to see you back. So sorry about your 2 friends....cancer is an awful thing. Hopefully someday there will be a cure.

Crimzon 08-25-2014 02:14 PM

Webwoman - so sorry for your loss. Two friends in one month is just terrible.:hug:

Corinna T 08-26-2014 06:22 AM

Andi-Glad to have you back. So sorry to hear that Cancer has taken away some of your friends. Getting those kids settled back in school is hard on everyone too. What a battle of emotions you have been dealing with for the past month. Hang in there and be strong.:grouphug:

jollyjude 08-26-2014 10:18 AM

Andi - Sorry to hear of your losses - cancer is such a horrible disease.

Corinna T 08-26-2014 09:44 PM

Proceed

What would you do right now if you knew that everything today would
turn out perfectly? What project would you start, what person would
you talk to, what problem would you tackle if you could be assured of
success?

Is there anything you're putting off because you're afraid of
failure? Is there anyone you're avoiding because you're afraid of
what they would say or think?

There is no guarantee of success. But there is a guarantee that if
you never go for it, you'll never have it. And even in the failed
attempts, you'll learn and grow. There is no guarantee that other
people will think highly of all you say and do. But that's their
problem.

Do you believe in the worth of your own pursuits? If so, then what
could possibly prevent you from following them?

If you're looking for a sure thing, then here's one --
everything you achieve will come only from the things you attempt.
In order to succeed, you must proceed.
Today is a great day to start.

:flow1:

WebWoman 08-28-2014 08:11 AM

Corinna, I love your inspirational messages.

So far I've lost almost 3 pounds this week, but those were recent pounds so they shouldn't have been there in the first place!

Found a good product from the grocery: Kroger has vanilla greek yogurt that is (mostly) sweetened with Stevia, so it's much lower in carbs but still very high in protein. I top it with Nature Valley protein granola (only 1/8 - 1/4 cup) and it's very filling until lunch. :-)

Andi

Corinna T 08-28-2014 08:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Andi!

Congratulations on your weight loss!! That's great.

Your yogurt and granola sounds good. I have been eating similar to you this past week, but probably not as healthy. I have been having some cereal and yogurt for breakfast.

Here is a recipe I tried yesterday. I was trying to find something sugar free and good and healthy. I used frozen cranberries instead of raisins and cooked an apple to make the apple sauce. The cookies are best when made sort of thin. I used non-stick cookie sheets.

Corinna T 08-29-2014 01:27 AM

Need some inspiration!

Check out this story and all the before/after pictures with stories at the bottom of the article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...usaolp00000592

:carrot: Others are doing it. You can too!! :carrot:

Renee3 08-30-2014 06:13 AM

Down 1 lb. Getting there slowly but surely.

Corinna, the cookie recipes sounds great!

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Crimzon 08-30-2014 11:45 AM

Still maintaining - whatever :dizzy:

Thanks for that link Corinna. I find that series of stories from Huff. Post really inspirational.

Congratulations Renee and WebWoman :carrot:

AAD 08-30-2014 12:18 PM

August 2 = 209.6 = -13.5
Aug 10 = 209.1 = -14
8/17 = 208.7 = -14.4
8/23 = 208.3 = -14.8
8/29 = 207.9 = -15.2

curvynotlumpy 08-30-2014 12:47 PM

Hi everyone! I've been away for awhile so am happy to be checking in. I started August off at 188.2 and am currently at 185.8. Just returned from the farmer's market with some fresh peaches and nectarines.

@WebWoman: My condolences for your losses. Two in one month! How very difficult. You're a good friend. I experienced something similar this month with the unexpected death of a dear friend's husband. That's a big part of why I've been away.

@Corrina T: HUGE congratulations on the 1/2 marathon! What an accomplishment :carrot::carrot: I've ran several 5 and 10Ks but the 1/2 is my dream race. Only a year ago I was running regularly then I struggled with injuries, the weight piled on, and here I am. I've never done the Couch to 5K program, but I think it's a good place to begin again. I WILL make this goal happen. And thanks for the link to the Huff Post article. Very inspiring. While I'm not on any type of medication it really shows that we can unburden ourselves of them (or at least some of them) when we focus on our health and live intentionally.

Looks like everyone is progressing well and keeping at it. Here's to a super September!

jollyjude 08-30-2014 09:59 PM

Hello All!

Down 1.8 this week

Aida, Andi and Renee - Good job on the losses!!

Curvynotlumpy - Welcome back - good to see you lost this month. I also went to the farmer's market this morning and got some beautiful peaches - they are so good right now!

Have been having issues this week. It seems like there is so much to do and so little time, and I have been feeling a little overwhelmed with everything and definitely not getting enough sleep. It is making me really emotional, BUT...(silver lining)... I am not turning to food for solace, and that in itself is a huge turnaround for me.

Have a good week, everyone

Corinna T 09-01-2014 01:06 AM

Good job Renee! You are almost at your halfway point!!! Keep it up and you will see the finish line soon. :carrot:

LOL Lizzie, maintaining is good too. You are still headed in the right direction and not backsliding. :hug:

Aida-you are still losing steadily. Is 27 Sep a goal point for you?

Hey CurvyNotLumpy-glad to see you stop by and say Hi. Good job on that weight loss. Keep at it. Sorry to hear that death has touch someone close to you too.

Yeah Jude!!! Those pounds are disappearing for you. You sound like you have been staying strong on that emotional roller coaster. Hang in there, your doing good.

I gained another 2 pounds this week. Yupper. However, it is just an emotional time of the year for me. I haven't figured out a good way to deal with all the feelings.

I haven't been over indulging. I just haven't been as strict with my food choices as I should be. I know what I should be doing, but I have just been fighting with myself. I don't want anyone telling me what to do, and not even myself. That is the type of mood and grumpiness I have been having lately. I suppose it could be hormones, but I really don't want to blame it on anything. It has just been how I felt, and what I chose to do.
:kickcan:

I did run a 10KM race Saturday, and then Sunday I went on a 6 hour bushwalk. So I sort of feel I earned the right to eat a decent meal. Perhaps it is the wrong excuse for now. However, I expect I will be back on track again after this week. I know I will be.

Soo sorry for the vacation break from the diet regime. I expect to be joining you all once again as we head towards the fit & trim finish line.
:dust:
:broc:

Corinna T 09-01-2014 10:40 PM

Which hard do you choose?

1 Attachment(s)
:carrot:

iamlakeview 09-02-2014 09:57 AM

WOW! I love the "Which is harder?" quote! I'm still here fluctuating back and forth and isolating by not posting. Not a good place for me to be. We have a vacation coming up soon and my rotator cuff surgery is Nov. 7. ALL of it is hard at this weight!

Thanks for all your posts and helping me to remember I'm not alone.

Corinna T 09-04-2014 05:51 AM

Bonnie-Good luck with surgery!!!

Corinna T 09-04-2014 05:53 AM

To Be or Not To Be

1 Attachment(s)
You can do it!! :carrot:

Crimzon 09-04-2014 04:14 PM

Is that photo for real? That is really something. I remember seeing Kitty Carlisle on one of the morning shows. She was 92 at the time and demonstrating some very advanced pilates mat moves. I couldn't believe it - she was skinny too. I always thought I'd stay the same but have gained a lot for me and my frame.

Corinna - hang in there:hug: We all appreciate your encouragement and support. Remember - progress not perfection, and you have quite a lot of progress under your belt. I smile for you every time I see your stats. You're so active too so kudos for that - it's excellent. My feet are feeling better now so I think I'll be able to move my butt more - no more excuses:p

Lakeview - I do that isolation thing too - try to come and post!

curvynotlumpy 09-04-2014 05:05 PM

I've always both loved and resented the "choose your hard" quote :dizzy:

On one hand it makes absolute sense, but I have to admit that there have been times in my life where choosing overweight didn't seem all that hard. In fact, up until about 5 years ago, it was the path of least resistance and easily rationalized (if ONLY in my head!)

I'd like to think I now know better, but boy do I have my moments...:o ;)

Renee3 09-06-2014 06:03 AM

Down 1.2 lbs. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Crimzon 09-06-2014 10:51 AM

That's great Renee!!

I'm maintaining at 147. Tweaking this month to banish a few more.

How's everyone else doing?