3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   25/30 Pound Goal - Let's Do It Together - Thread3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/295641-25-30-pound-goal-lets-do-together-thread3.html)

lucindaarrowspark 07-09-2014 10:54 PM

I am back from vacation. My hubby and I went to Washington DC. I planned and prepared.
For the trip down I blended 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk with frozen black cherries and frozen peaches. OMG! Yummy low calorie and "treat-like"
I cut up carrots and persian cucmbers and celery. I had those for snacking.
Every place we went to eat had fresh vegetables, salad, avocados, portebello mushrooms and salsa,(no sugar added).
I did not lose my resolve to olny nourish this one body I have with healthy loving foods.
I did it.

Corinna T 07-11-2014 06:47 AM

You are doing great Lucindaarrowspark!!!

Crimzon 07-11-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamlakeview (Post 5037093)
Hello everyone. Last week I fell off the wagon with my food and isolated myself from this group rather than reach out for help. A typical behaviour for me.

Me too Bonnie :(

Thanks for that inspiring post Corinna!

Tomorrow is weigh-in:?:

curvynotlumpy 07-11-2014 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucindaarrowspark (Post 5038206)
I am back from vacation. My hubby and I went to Washington DC. I planned and prepared.
For the trip down I blended 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk with frozen black cherries and frozen peaches. OMG! Yummy low calorie and "treat-like"
I cut up carrots and persian cucmbers and celery. I had those for snacking.
Every place we went to eat had fresh vegetables, salad, avocados, portebello mushrooms and salsa,(no sugar added).
I did not lose my resolve to olny nourish this one body I have with healthy loving foods.
I did it.

I can only imagine how empowered and in control you must have felt, Lucindaarrowspark! While I've never experienced this in vacation mode, it's exactly how I feel when I plan my meals and stick to them.

Corinna T 07-12-2014 02:22 AM

Well Ladies, this week I tried a little of this, and a little of that, and then little of this, and a little of that. All the little bits added up way to quickly to be a big bunch of ......you guess it, pounds in fat. This week shows a 2 pound gain. :yikes:

Yes, it takes more than portion control. It takes moderation. :ziplip: I'm back to cracking the whip at myself this week. :nono:

Renee3 07-12-2014 06:11 AM

Doing the happy dance....down 2.6 lbs. :carrot:

AAD 07-12-2014 09:29 AM

Start 1/20 @223.1# & Target = 198.1
6/14 = 212.5 = -10.6 (-.5 this week)
6/22 = 211.9 = -11.2
6/28 = 211.5 = -11.7 (-.5 this week)
7/5 = 211.1 = -12.1
July 12 = 210.7 = -12.5

jollyjude 07-12-2014 09:51 AM

Hi Everyone! Am back from my week vacation, and feeling well rested. Goal while away was to maintain. Weight is up 0.4 lb, that is ok. Onward from here.

AAD , your losses continue to be steady and consistent – way to go!

Renee, you seem to have hit your stride and are showing awesome losses – Yay!

Corinna , I overdid and over indulged a little while on holiday, but am back on plan now too. Sometimes going a little off track can give you the clarity you need to head in the right direction.

Bonnie, We are here to support and encourage you no matter what – we won’t judge, we have all been there!:hug:

Corinna T 07-12-2014 05:44 PM

:carrot:

Yeah Renee!!!!

Corinna T 07-12-2014 05:46 PM

Welcome back Jude. Glad to hear you had a nice relaxing time.

iamlakeview 07-13-2014 01:16 AM

GREAT to hear from everyone and congratulations on those who lost weight! Me? I'm up 5 lb. in the last 2 weeks! Ugh. However, I'm going to keep plugging along...

Crimzon 07-13-2014 10:39 AM

Renee :carrot:

Congrats to those who lost and those who maintained on vaca.

I'm in a holding pattern. At the beginning of the year I said I wanted to be a success story but I don't think 5 pounds will qualify and it's already July. Another time I thought 5 pounds a month would be a good goal. Not happening. I'll be tweaking things here and there.

Onward......

lucindaarrowspark 07-13-2014 04:24 PM

I had a bout of the rabidly hungry girl syndrome last night. Wait for it.... I ate raw broccoli, grapes , collard greens and cashews! Yes it stuffed my belly,( which is a remnant of my destructive eating habits) but I have not crashed and burned! No sugar spike, no self loathing just a nice toilet worthy bowel movement ( sorry for the TMI). And best of all no weight gain. Feeling healthy today and no urge to gorge!

WebWoman 07-14-2014 09:26 AM

Congrats Renee, and Lucinda, great to hear you handled the "hungries" so well. I'm up a half pound this morning due to having a spaghetti dinner for my family last night. I know the sauce is high in sodium (water retention) so I'm not sweating it. Feeling pretty good this morning and hope to crank up the exercise schedule this week.

Have a good day all!

Andi

jollyjude 07-14-2014 10:57 AM

Lizzie - Maybe 5 lbs. isn't as big a success as you would have liked, but it is a success and better than no loss or a gain!! You can still aim for more, but don't get down on yourself:hug:

Lucindaarrowspark - You are so strong and fierce, and an inspiration for all of us to stick to plan. I am trying to listen to my body more for what I really need, but my pesky brain keeps butting in!!

Andi - Water retention can be so annoying, work hard and sweat it out - lemon water sometimes helps me too

Bonnie - Good for you for not giving up, just get on track and you can do this:carrot:

I have stayed on plan since coming home, and I can feel he difference already. Smaller and healthier portions mean a smaller and healthier me!!

Have a good day everyone

guacamole 07-15-2014 11:15 AM

lucindaarrowspark - I would like to cut out the sugar from my diet. Do you have any tips?

jollyjude 07-16-2014 03:58 PM

Hi everyone:wave:

Just checking in, it has been pretty quiet here - summer can be such a busy time.

Had a root canal 2 days ago (well, most of a root canal), but the dentist had trouble with it so I now have to go to an endodontist to get it finished. 2 hours in the chair with someone in my mouth left me pretty sore, but it feels quite a bit better today.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Corinna T 07-17-2014 05:43 AM

Here are some more useful quotes:

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Make the decision, then do something - no matter how small - toward accomplishing what you want.

Persevere and you will win the prize.

You get whatever you settle for.

We fail because we don't strike the iron while it's hot. We don't take immediate action toward achieving what we want. We decide to wait until tomorrow, or next week, or even next month.

It comes down to a simple question: what do you want out of life, and what are you willing to do to get it?

Be specific in what you want, and use specific words. Empower yourself, and become the person you dream about

Listen closely: the only time it's too late to change yourself is when you're dead. Until then, you're simply making excuses or lying to yourself.

curvynotlumpy 07-17-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corinna T (Post 5042010)
Here are some more useful quotes:

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Make the decision, then do something - no matter how small - toward accomplishing what you want.

Persevere and you will win the prize.

You get whatever you settle for.

We fail because we don't strike the iron while it's hot. We don't take immediate action toward achieving what we want. We decide to wait until tomorrow, or next week, or even next month.

It comes down to a simple question: what do you want out of life, and what are you willing to do to get it?

Be specific in what you want, and use specific words. Empower yourself, and become the person you dream about

Listen closely: the only time it's too late to change yourself is when you're dead. Until then, you're simply making excuses or lying to yourself.

Great quotes, Corinna! So much wisdom throughout. The one bolded is particularly relevant to me. I can't tell you how many times I've missed an opportunity because I've avoided making a decision. And many times they aren't even big decisions! I read somewhere else that those who make decisions decisively and reasonably quickly rarely regret their decisions even if that decision somehow "fails" or doesn't go as planned. These folks just don't get mired in all the hemming and hawing over decisions.

lucindaarrowspark 07-17-2014 01:08 PM

Sorry it has taken me this long to respond, Guacamole.
I eliminated sugar from my life by accepting the reality that I am powerless when it comes to sugar.
So I have STOPPED eating all processed foods, even the so called healthy vegan ones are loaded with hidden sugar.
I also do not eat pasta, even the whole wheat kind. For me, pasta is just 3 chews from turning into sugar.
I check ingredients and now no longer eat many brands of salsa because they add sugar.
I STOPPED my venti-quad soy latte starbucks addiction.
I stopped using flavored non-dairy creamer in my coffee. I stopped drinking diet soda and I stopped drinking beer, tequila, pina coladas, kahalua, etc... infact I no longer drink alcohol at all. Because for me, booze was starting to become a problem.

Crimzon 07-18-2014 03:23 PM

JollyJude - thanks for the encouragement and I hope you're feeling better.

Corinna - that last quote is rather poignant :lol:

See you guys tomorrow!

Renee3 07-19-2014 06:21 AM

:cb: Down 1.4 lbs. :cb: Been having a great Summer! Have a wonderful weekend!

jollyjude 07-19-2014 09:36 PM

Good Job Renee:bravo:

I am down 4.8. i think my little holiday and maintaining for a week helped.

AAD 07-20-2014 01:12 AM

6/22 = 211.9 = -11.2
6/28 = 211.5 = -11.6 (-.5 this week)
7/5 = 211.1 = -12
July 12 = 210.7 = -12.4
7/19 = 210.3 = -12.8

Corinna T 07-20-2014 06:46 AM

Good job on the weight loss Renee, Jude, and Aida!!

Nothing new for me to report this week. I stayed the same weight wise. I need to get myself moving again towards my goal. I have been slacking lately.

Glad others are keeping on their toes and feeling lighter.

Crimzon 07-20-2014 11:19 AM

Renee, Jude and Aiada:cheer2::woohoo::cheer3:

Still in my holding pattern.

Have a good week folks!

Corinna T 07-21-2014 07:44 AM

Food for Thought: The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Strengthen Your Desire! Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat.

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down...

Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future. ~ Deepak Chopra ~

He who gets up one more time than he falls, makes it through...

In this age, which believes that there is a short cut to everything, the greatest lesson to be learned is that the most difficult way is, in the long run, the easiest! --Henry Miller

lucindaarrowspark 07-23-2014 08:41 AM

Zumba'ed my brains out last night. My instructor changes out the dance steps all the time and it is a real motivator builder! No opportunity to get bored!
Down one pound from two weeks ago.
This is good. I want to stabilize and find my happy set weight point.

Corinna T 07-23-2014 04:56 PM

You're doing great LucindaArrowSpark!

I need to cut more breads out of my meals. It will be hard because I love it so much, and it always make me feel full. However, I want to love my body more, so I will slowly decrease in the amounts.

Renee3 07-23-2014 07:23 PM

Corinna, you can do it! You're getting very close to your goal weight!

Corinna T 07-24-2014 05:15 PM

Thanks Renee! Some days I feel so motivated, and then I hit a few days of the lows. I guess we all do. Maybe it is just a hormone thing. Anyway, your encouragement bright a spark back to my willpower again. Thanks.

Renee3 07-26-2014 06:49 AM

Stayed the same this week...not really surprised...will do better next week :yes:

AAD 07-26-2014 09:40 AM

6/28 = 211.5 = -11.6 (-.5 this week)
7/5 = 211.1 = -12
July 12 = 210.7 = -12.4
7/19 = 210.3 = -12.8 Halfway!
7/26 = 209.9 = -13.2

jollyjude 07-26-2014 12:18 PM

Down 2.4 lbs. this week.

Corinna and Renee - You both have shown good losses before, and I know you can both get things moving again:hug:

Aida - Your losses have been so consistent, good job!

Lizzie - Don't get discouraged. Sometimes we just have to power through to get where we want to be, even if our body says WHOA, hold on a second.

Crimzon 07-26-2014 02:21 PM

That's great Jude :cp:

Bummed this week but it's my fault:( I'm up by three:eek:
I lack a sweet tooth - it's the other S word that I caved to. Amazing what salt can do to you. This happened a couple of weeks ago and then I went back to normal in a couple of days. Water is my friend.

It's a beautiful day here and I hope it is for you guys too.

Have a good weekend folks!

Corinna T 07-27-2014 05:09 PM

Sorry I am late to report in for weigh-in. I was away on a camping trip this weekend and had a good time. Did a bit of hiking too. I weighed in this morning and am happy to report I am down 3 pounds. :carrot:

Good job June and Aida. Your both did good this week. :bravo:

Hang in there Lizzie and Renee. You can do it. :hug: You can and will do it.

Renee3 07-27-2014 05:29 PM

Good job, Corinna!

jollyjude 07-28-2014 04:52 AM

Yay Corinna:D You are getting sooo close to goal!

Crimzon 07-28-2014 10:37 AM

That's excellent Corinna:bravo:

Corinna T 07-29-2014 08:20 AM

Thank you Renee, Lizzie, and Jude!! You all help to keep me focused and staying on track. Love the encouragement from the group. :grouphug: