25/30 Pound Goal - Let's Do It Together - Thread3

You're on Page 3 of 36
Go to
  • I need suggestions for low calorie snacks. I get very hungry between meals and I don't know what to eat to tide me over. If I don't have something, I overeat at mealtime...any helpful tips?
  • I sometimes snack on a frozen mix of berries: blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc. I just grab a few from the freezer and pop them in my mouth. Sometimes I snack on some spinach leaves with a very little bit of hummus too. Those help stop my cravings for a while.
  • If I am really hungry, I find a small handful of plain roasted or raw almonds, along with a big glass of water will somehow fill me up. I also snack on tomatoes - either cut a big one in wedges, or I like the small grape tomatoes, or I heat a cup of no-salt-added chicken broth, and drink like a cup of tea, but it feels like a bowl of soup! Or an apple, or a hard boiled egg.
    Don't forget to drink lots of water too - I read somewhere that often when we think we are hungry, our bodies really just need to be properly hydrated.

Jude
  • I eat a LOT of celery with just a tiny bit of peanut butter on it. All that fiber is filling, and you get the crunch satisfaction.

I also will snack on a HB egg OR one of the mini low-carb (low sugar) yogurt cups. You really have to read the sugar/carb contents on yogurt -- they're all over the board!

For me, I need a snack with protein to tide me over.
  • Thank you for all the suggestions...I really need to stop mindless, unhealthy snacking.
  • Okay! 20-30 pounds. This sounds like a good place to start. I am 246 now down from 315. I want to shed another 20 to 30 this summer. I think this is reasonable.

I'm buying a juicer soon. Need to get my fruits and veggies in a simpler way since I am a busy girl!

I drink lots of water and exercise every day for an hour or two.

Jeannie
  • Welcome Jeanie!! Glad to have you join us. I think you will find that this is a very supportive group. We usually weigh-in once a week to share any successes made, and to figure out new ways be successful in maintaining a new healthy lifestyle. We look forward to sharing with you.
  • Today's weigh-in for me was no change. That is good though for now. Wishing the rest of you a bigger improvement.
  • Down .6 for me.....not much, but in the right direction.

Hi Jeannie
  • Start 1/20 @223.1# & Target = 198.1
    4/21 = 215.4, -.2 this week = -7.6
    4/26 = 215.2 = -7.8
    5/4 = 214.8 = -8.2
    5/10 = 214.5 = -8.5
    5/17 = 214.1 = -8.9
  • Today's weigh-in - down 3.4 lbs.. More than I thought, but I will definitely take it.

AAD and Renee - Good job on the losses. Steady works!!!

Corinna - I think that since you don't have much to lose, it may be coming off
    slower at this point. I'm sure it will come.

Jeannie - Welcome! Sounds like you have a good plan in place already.
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far. Most of us weigh in on
    Saturday, but whatever works for you is good.

Jude
  • Great weight loss, Jude!
  • Jude-your doing terrific!!
  • I have reset my weight loss goal. I once had it at 130 but b/c I have gotten my addiction under control I realize that my weight loss can what I weighed BACK when I was 20 years old, before I became a sugar/carb addict.
  • Wow, being that thin you really must look like a young chick!