Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #121  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Sorry to hear of all the complications for Tim, lets pray he doesn't have to go to the Va in Kentucky. Home is best. This sure makes you appreciate your own health Karen, keep your positive attitude up.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #122  

Height: 5'3"

Bobbie just looked up chia seed nutrition and looks like it's mostly carb and fat but does have some pro too. If cereal is yur carb and yu want to have almond milk yu can count it as fat or yu can count it as pro. But it is only 1 gm protein so if yu also want chia seed I would count the chia as my pro and almond milk as my fat. As long as yu keep to only one serv of each you'll be fine. Bobbi are yu using almond milk because yu want to? Yu know yu don't have to, right? Eat what YOU like, this us not a diet and yu don't have to eat anything yu don't want to. I sometimes use almond milk because of my bs.

My meals so far
Cheerios - carb
NF milk- pro
1 T almonds

No snack as bs too high

Lunch
French dip sand (no cheese as dont care for) pro and carb (only ate 2/3 of meat but ate onions and roll)
Salad with ranch dressing -free
1T almonds when got home -fat
Maybe I should have used the au jus for fat but I barely used it as too salty

Karen - So sorry abt Tim and I know his crankiness makes it harder on yu but I'm sure this situation is not at all easy for him and sometimes he may have to let it out that way. I cannot imagine myself in that situation. Seems like it's all happened so fast too. Feel so sorry for both of yu. Glad yu have a suppoting bro. Do yu have a pastor to confine or other spiritual person to confide in too? Contining to pray.

Eta - forgot to tell yu abt a NSV I had today......at lunch dh had a big pc pie. Offered to share but I'd already had my carb so declined. Wow didn't think I could ever do that! It looked really good too! But Bobbi if I had made the pie my carb i could have had it!. Probably fat too?

Last edited by maryea; 05-18-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:32 PM   #123  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Haven't spent much time on the computer lately. I have been trying to get some stuff done around here. There is this one clutter area that is bugging me, but I had another project I needed to finish before I can tackle the clutter.

I had some sewing to finish. I don't know if any of you remember the saga of the black scrubs (at work). I hated the solid black scrubs. They said we could put trim on them, so I thought ~ cool ~ I can sew, so I'm gonna add some color to these ugly things. I made these things that I could detach and change around for different holidays or just different colors (Maddie called them bibs ~ LOL). But then I lost my job and so couldn't use them anymore. I though about maybe giving them to one of my coworkers who was still there, but the administration had decided that black wasn't appropriate ~ DUH ~ we tried to tell them that in the first place. Now those poor nurses have to buy yet another set of scrubs in a different color. So, no one to give them to. I thought ~ a shame all the time I spent making those and there they sit. So, I made a black knit outfit that I can use them on. I had a lot of them cut out, but had never gotten around to finishing them ~ so that is my project that I wanted to finish.

I have picked up crocheting again as something to keep my hands busy in the evenings ~ to hopefully keep my mind off of and my hands out of food. I have been making the crochet version of the knit dish cloths, and have found a pattern for a baby afghan. Got a couple babies coming along, so that will be fun to work on.

Only 13 more days of school, then Maddie will be here all day every day. So, I have to try to get some more stuff done ~ when school is out, I will only have the weekends. Praying that Maddie has more sweet days than sassy ones.

Hope you all have had a good weekend.

Picture is of one of the bib (as Maddie calls them) things. It was cut from a bandana ~ some of the bandanas have really pretty designs on them.

Take care
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scrub trim - bib.jpg (43.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by glynne; 05-19-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:57 AM   #124  
Bobbi

D Day for me, I'm changing my ticker and starting the 1-1-1 today. Thanks Mary for all the advice, I've been watching your menu for ideas. I drink almond milk because I love it. I put 1/2 cup almond milk in my perked coffee (8 cups)with some stevia. I also use it on my breakfast cereal. It's better than skim milk and has only 30 calories per 8 ounce glass, can't beat that.

Glynne...how old is Maddie now? I'm afraid all kids go thru the sassy stage, you just need to correct it before it gets out of hand. Maybe if you tell her it hurts your feelings she'll toned it down a bit. And you can only laughed about her antics behind her little back.

Off to the YMCA for me.
Levi (6 month old puppy) is off to the vet with Bruce for neutering. OUCH! It's time because instead of squatting to pee, he's lifting his leg on house foundation. And humping Charlie's leg. sooooo funny to watch.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:09 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi, my 13 year old Maltese doesn't lift his leg to pee and he was neutered when we got him. When he squats down I always tell him he pees like a girl! LOL I didn't know that being neutered was what made him do that.

Gayle, if I were a nurse and they told me to buy a different color scrub after they made us buy the black ones I think I would be upset. Then what do you do with all the black ones? Make up your mind!! LOL
Old 05-19-2014, 08:51 AM   #126  
Bobbi

Carol Sue, our male English Setter is neutered and he always pees like a girl. I think that instinct to lift their leg must leave along with their "happy tools".

Who uses what for recording their foods? I have always used Fitday and when the guy cleaned out my computer he took out my paid Fitday. ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I'm mad.
I'm not paying again plus the price has doubled since I bought the membership.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I have been having a LOT of problems with after-dinner eating. Am trying something new - trying to wait for dinner until around 7 pm; having protein smoothie w berries, Truvia, flax seed oil, & protein powder.

Breakfast is a protein bar & lunch is some type of protein, veggie, and good carb.

Two other changes - LOTS more water during the day & switching from Splenda to Truvia.

I will let you know how it works.

Lynn
Old 05-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Karen,

This quote really resonated with me. I hope it does with you also.

Lynn
Old 05-19-2014, 04:34 PM   #129  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

I could talk about my sweet pooch til the cows come home! My little boy is not neutered b/c it is against our religion. He only weighs about 6 pounds so it's not like he is out and about strolling for love interestafter s!
He lifts his little biddy leg do pish and he also wipes his back paws after stooling and I got to be careful not to get the flicks on me!
On a different note, Karen 31 stay strong and resolute! My thoughts are with you...

Last edited by lucindaarrowspark; 05-19-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #130  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

lynn,
I resolved to forgo any and all eating after dinner. I just don't do it. My bewitching hours used to be from 10 pm til 1am when I would eat copious amounts of low quality food.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:57 PM   #131  

Height: 5'3"

Just have to share.....my bs was high before lunch but after lunch it was normal, couldn't believe it....it was not just diabetic normal, it was normal person normal!! .

We went for a short walk today just walking slow and chatting as we walked. It was sprinkling when we started but then stopped. The sun is out and the birdies are happily tweeting. Our tv is not working and dh is missing it but otherwise life is good.

Bobbi - my fitness pal is still my favorite tracker because the data base is so extensive. However with the One I am not tracking every day. I just try to keep the few rules and keep track of my carbs in my head, if I wasn't diabetic I wouldn't even have to do that. Just because of old habit I do track my cals now and then but with this eating plan there is really no need esp if I don't eat at night ( still working on that). I just like to make sure I don't get too much sodium and that I get enough calcium and fiber .....I'm kinda OCD guess. it's freeing but feels a little wierd to me not to track something!

My eating so far today
Breakfast
Oatmeal with 1 tsp br sugar (I kno off plan but I don't care)-carb
Milk - pro
Almonds - fat

Lunch
Tuna sand - protein, carb and fat
Baby carrots - free

Pm snack -yea! Finally got a snack
PB mocha frappe -pro, carb and fat

I didn't kno that about neutered dogs either!

Last edited by maryea; 05-19-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #132  

Bobbi, I thought you could use Fitday without paying. The reason I like Fitday is because it lists the fat between sat fat, poly, and mono. Someone told me that MFP just lists total fat.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Bobbi-- you can call fitday and tell them that you ended up losing your paid fitday and they will send you a key to put it back on... I still have mine but I like myfitnesspal better

Last edited by Karen31; 05-19-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:39 PM   #134  

Mary, I'm curious as to when you took your walk in relationship to your lunch. If you took it after lunch, then that's what helped bring your blood glucose down to normal after lunch. For a while I was taking a short walk after dinner and that was helping with my FBG, but I got away from that.

I decided to get the Shingle vaccine. Everyone says you can get it again and DH has had such a bad case that I don't ever want to go through what he's going through. I stopped at Rite Aid Pharmacy and asked what it cost and they said $45. I checked my insurance online and it said $135, so I called them and they told me that the $135 is for a 90 days supply for someone who takes the drug on a regular basis, but when you get the shot it's considered a one day supply. I was going to get it no matter what it cost. I heard of 3 people who had it on their eye, and that can blind you.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:38 AM   #135  
Bobbi

Good morning girls...I made it thru last night without eating. I felt like I was being punished. In a way I am, for not controlling the sugary treats I eat after supper. Do I want to keep a tubby tummy or do I want to be svelte?

I did drop 1 pound over night, tracked my calories just for the heck of it. I was shocked that I was at 750 calories, 35 grams of fiber. Seems like I ate all day, what?

KarenMo...I did contact Fitday and they sent me the download, key to get back in. I thought I'd have to start over on my custom food list but it was still all there. I was doing the happy dance.

Fitday is free but I purchased the paid version a few years ago, it was only $15.99 at the time. I love this program because I can put in all my ingredients in a dish and it gives me the calories per serving. I can add custom foods, decide what I want to track as far as calories, fiber, protein, blah, blah, blah. You get the picture. To join this version it's around $40.00 at the moment.

Before I contacted Fitday, I googled what the best food log was on the market. The top 4 were in this order:
Myfitnesspal
Loseit
Cron-0-meter
Fat Secret
Levi was sent home yesterday with pain pill for 3 days, I don't think he needs them. We're not suppose to let him jump or go up the stairs. Ha! You can't stop him and he doesn't know he was neutered. He was humping Charlies leg last night.

Lucinda...I didn't know about not neutering dogs because of religion, that's interesting. I googled it and found a zillion articles on it. The Torah prohibits the sacrificial use of animals whose "testicles are bruised, crushed, torn or cut," and further prohibits one from performing such deeds to sexual organs (Leviticus 22:24). What kind of dog do you have? I'll bet he's happy he was born into your home and not mine.

It's finally going to be a nice day, gotta go get some wet clothes out on the clothesline.
Closed Thread