Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucindaarrowspark View Post
Greetings to all ! Liana, please enjoy your vacation but please avoid any hostile locations. Your adventures sound so interesting.

Right now I am munching on a salad flavored with my husbands home made horse radish and a teaspoon of peanut butter.
I ate crazy combos when I was pregnant too.
I like the interplay of hot spicy with creamy hint of sweet.
Yikes, horseradish & peanut butter, never tried that one...

No worries, Lucinda... Randy & I have very good travel karma, lol. We have never been taken advantage of or had anything stolen from us or luggage lost or any other bad thing happen in the 42 years I have been travelling internationally. On Malapascua Island we had a man who we thought was the 'booker' for a little boat to the place we were staying take our fee, and then when we got to the other side the boatman expected to be paid - we thought we had, of course, but he had not received any funds... We just paid again and chalked it up to experience, lol. When our cottage host heard about it he was livid and very embarrassed for the whole community. They knew exactly who it was and they all went after him and got our money back and that was without us making a fuss. We had only told them we had misunderstood, and assumed he was the man who was to manage the funds for the boat trip.

It's funny because we have friends who, every trip they take, have something very bad happen to them, luggage is permanently lost, a passport is stolen, they are pickpocketed, etc. I don't get it except for the fact that they are always suspicious and distrustful of people and we always tend to think the best of humanity, lol. I think you attract what you expect.

Liana
Old 05-02-2014, 11:39 PM   #17  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! It's been a beautiful day. I actually got a little housework done. Been entering lots of sweeps...sure hope I win after all this. Have met some new people (sweepers) in the process. I always enjoy that too.

Went to the gym this morning but home rest of day. It was our last day with Daisy. She was SO happy to see her mama when they arrived! But I think she didn't mind being here either and we had fun with her. Dh gave her a bath today and I had to laugh...because she's a little female dacshund and he splashed Brute cologne on her after her bath. I said well maybe it will scare away the big dogs as they scare her. I hope it doesn't hurt her skin or dry out her coat. I used to put a little bit of cologne on our other dogs sometimes though and it never seemed to hurt them.

My eatings been ok today although my bs was high until dinner when it came down to almost diabetic normal. I know I've been eating a little too often. I need to wait until I get the bs down. Before that happened and I actually was able to have a snack sometimes.

breakfast
3/4 cup yogurt - protein
1 T mixed nuts - fat
1/2 light pb mocha -probably shouldn't have but I counted this as just a carb

am snack
Other 1/2 of mocha - carb, protein and fat

lunch
roast beef sandwich on high fiber, low cal bread - carb and protein
4 pickles - free
1 T mixed nuts - fat

Dinner
Subway - carb, protein, fat and free veggies

I've only had 1000 calories so I may have a snack this evening Not too hungry today for some reason.

Cajun - Yeah I'm aware she says nuts are a fat and they are mostly fat I agree. But I have read her say so many different things in the same vein that I just use my judgement. I usually call nuts a fat too, but I think they can crossover ...to even a carb as well as protein IN MY JUDGEMENT. As I've said I don't do this perfectly But here are a couple examples of what I mean about what I have read from her to help you understand my reasoning a bit more. Almond milk - she says this can be a fat, a protein or a carb. Well it has only 1 gm of protein and carb! So apparently thats a crossover too. I asked about blueberry muffins and she said that is just counted as one carb on regular 1-1-1 and on the stricter versions it's a carb and a fat. I was thinking it was TWO carbs and off limits. So you see, it's very flexible...I think if I stick to only ONE serving of each nutrient I'll be doing ok. When I mess up is when I take more than that. What I do is go to her book for serving sizes and use my judgement about the nutrients depending on my own knowledge or the package nutrition label. Whatever is highest nutrient is what I generally call it but sometimes I will use it for a lower nutrient if necessary in the meal. Of course I wouldn't do this with really high calorie foods. Hope that makes sense. And remember this is just MY opinion...I encourage you to stick with what she says. My biggest problem has been restaurants. I messed up the other night as I said and sure enough my weight is up a little. Probably mostly sodium but I need to make sure I stick to the three nutrients even when out.

Last edited by maryea; 05-02-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:52 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
I found a recipe for that 1-2-3 cake ~ I know I had read it here before ~ I think it was Rosey who shared it.

1-2-3 Cake

Ingredients

1 box cake mix, any flavor

1 box angle food cake mix ( one Box of Angel Food Cake mix that just calls for water)

SHAKE IN A LARGE ZIPLOCK BAG OR

STORE IN A AIRTIGHT CONTAINER

Directions

1 ~ To make take 3 tablespoons of dry mix in a big coffee mug.

2 ~ Stir in 2 tablespoons of water

3 ~ Microwave on high for 1 minute. Top with fruit, ice cream whipped cream or whatever you want.

ETA ~ angel food cake mix specifics
Hi Gayle,

Thank you for this recipe. I have been having REAL problems with grazing - especially after dinner. This sounds like a tasty & filling snack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Happy May first everyone! Tim had a buddy that we have known for over 35 years come from Colorado this week to visit. He got here on Monday and left this morning. He is headed to Florida for his daughters wedding. He may stop by on his way home to Colorado about the middle of the month, not sure. But sure was nice having him around. He has gone through this twice with two of his brothers and we really had some good talks. Well, he and I did while Tim snoozed a lot but I sure needed to be able to talk to him even though he just pretty much said what we already know.
Karen,

I think about you every day. I SO know what you are going through. If you ever want to talk - at any time, please call me.

Lynn
Old 05-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #19  

Hi Everyone,

I have decided to go down to FL to see my DD over Mother's Day. Leaving on Wed & coming back the following Wed.

I wish everyone a VERY HAPPY Mother's Day.

Lynn
Old 05-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #20  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I wondered if anyone can help me ~ questions about the 3-2-1 Cake. Do you need to grease the cup or bowl you make it in? I watched some videos of people making it (YouTube). One lady sprayed the cup with PAM first, the other lady didn't ~ unless she just didn't show that part.

Also, does anyone know the nutritional information? I am finding conflicting info on the internet. Calories ranging from 12 to 80 to 161 per serving and carbs ranging from 2.5 to 32 per serving. I tried to figure it out on my own, but don't know if I did it correctly. The recipes I saw (all the basically the same ~ ingredients and preparation) some said 24 servings, some said 30 servings. I took the numbers off the boxes and came up with 136 cals and 29.75 carbs it if was 24 servings. And 109 cals and 23.8 carbs if it was 30 servings.

Just wondered (because of diabetes concerns) if this is something that it would be ok to have for a snack, or if it is too high in carbs. I plan on topping it with some strawberries or fruit like that and maybe a little cool whip.

Last edited by glynne; 05-03-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:48 PM   #21  

Gayle,i dont grease the mug,i bet if you used a sugar free cake mix the calories would be a lot less and diabetic friendly. I don't know the stats tho I just know I like it when I just have to have something sweet and its small, not the whole cake. there are some cake mug recipes in theworldaccordingtoeggface yup all one word,they are bariatric recipes and the mug cakes are more diet friendly. check it out hope evry ones having a great weekend rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 05-03-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #22  

Hello everyone! Hope you're having a good weekend. It is overcast, cool and sprinkling a bit...suppose to rain late this afternoon. We got some more plants for the yard, one is another small Korean lilac bush. I thought the other one was Japanese but dh showed me the label he kept and it is Korean. Anyway it is pretty and fragrant so hopefully this one will be too. We also got some other perenials ...not sure what they are but one is purple, the other white. I bought a hanging plant mostly as I wanted a nicer pot. Next year we will just plant in it. Dh has enough to do this year. He also got some purple flowers to put along one side of our fence. This is the first year he's been able to do so much and I'm happy he can finally do more of what he wants to do with the yard plus I enjoy the beauty too.

My weight is dropping again but my bs not so much. I am still wanting to eat too often, I need to wait to get the bs down. I think once I get it down I'll be able to eat small amounts of carb more often. At least it worked before. Otherwise I have to mostly eat protein and a little fat. Right now I eat small amounts but bs remains high after 2 hours. After 4 hours it will be still a little above diabetic normal if I'm lucky so not so good. Getting protein without any carb (like milk or beans) is hard for me as I don't care much for meat. So mostly I eat veggies and small amounts of fat between meals.

So far today all I've had is a lighter pb mocha frappe. Tried a recipe I found online...it was ok but not great. I miss the mix I buy at Costco. I think I like it better than anything even if I only use 1/2 serv. I can always add Chocolate Stevia and cocoa powder. But I will continue to experiment. At least this one gave me a whole cup of milk.

ETA: lunch
Chili with beans - protein, carb and fat (it was a pretty high calorie/carb meals so I went by the stricter version on this as there is plenty of fat in it)
carrots - 11 or 12 - free but carrots are a higher gylcemic veggie so I think I went over my carb per meal limit by one. I was very hungry!

Glynne/Rosey - MFP says one mug of the 1-2-3 cake gives you 81 calories and 17 gm carb. Guess would depend on the type of cake mix you use thought. But I don't think it's too bad even if you add a little whip cream. I like it for a slightly sweet taste when I want a sweet treat but don't like it so much that I'm constantly making it. I also like that it's fast...instant gratification!

Lynn - Have a good trip! Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Cajun - I did notice that I ate 1 T of nuts for my protein...forgot snack protein is to be only 1/2 serv.

Lots to do today. Kids coming over after church tomorrow to work on car and for BBQ. I feel like my house is very dirty as I've been neglecting it again. Gotta get something done at least today.

Last edited by maryea; 05-03-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #23  

Just popped in to say hi. I am about to get ready for church. Just finished a breakfast of 1 egg, 2 bacon and 1 sl high fiber low cal bread (no spread), so got my protein, fat and carb. Our son is coming over later to work on his car and for lunch...BBQ if warm enough.

ETA:
lunch was a BBQ (but eaten indoors due to cold and rain) prepared by our son. It was very good. I had 1 chicken 1/2 breast (smallish), 1/2 cup mixed veggies and 2 potstickers. Easy protein, carb and free veggies but I called the olive oil he used in the marinade the fat.

Dinner
Light mocha frappe - carb, protein and fat.
Salad - free

We had a lovely visit as always with our son and his gf. They gave dh his birthday gift...a saw so he can make things like bird feeders etc. The guys had a very hard time with fixing the car. They finally stopped and prayed and then was able to fix it enough to drive it home and hopefully to a garage.

Last edited by maryea; 05-04-2014 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Updated My Eating
Old 05-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #24  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Good Sunday evening everyone! I walked 5 miles yesterday,(2.5 to synagogue and 2.5 back home after worship) I had a my dh pull a tick off my body, now its inflamed and I'm on anti-biotics.
THis morning I got up early and danced my angst away at Zumba class.
I am now eating while surfing the internet. I am having a great big colourful salad with a dollap of chipoltes and a half teaspoon of tahini. There is also 1/4 of an avocado in here too.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Goo morning girls. I got off fairly early Friday and headed to the camp. We had water line to fix. Saturday morning we did a few things at the camp and headed to the lake. We had so much fun. We caught 52 bream. We cooked some of them Saturday night for supper. Sunday we headed back to the lake and fished some more 63 more. We came home and filet them. Ds grilled some for us for supper they were so good.
Friday during the day I packaged breakfast snacks lunch and bought it to the camp all measured 1-1-1. I stay 100% on plan the entire weekend!!!! That's a big thing for me. Today I'm going to add more water drinking to my plan and incorporate some kind of exercise. I used to jog on my Mimi trampoline but with my knee hurting it's been impossible. I need to do some kind of exercise.
The sun was shining Saturday with the wind blowing so it was cool while we were fishing. Didn't put up the umbrellas. We'll I'm burnt to a crisp. Sunday sun was shingling again. I burned over the burn for awhile until I put up the umbrella. It hurts so bad. I never fell into a deep sleep last night. Every time I moved I was on fire. Found the sunscreen in the bottom of the live well under an extra life jacket when we were packing up to leave. :-/.
We are supposed to go back to the camp next weekend but they are giving rain for Friday and Saturday. Friday I will get off at 1 because I need to go to DMV to get driver license renewed before my birthday Saturday.

My laundry is ready to be switched to dryer. Be back later for personals.
Hugs cajun
Old 05-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #26  

Hello GGs! Its a cool morning but the sun is coming out and no rain. The yard looks so pretty with all the flowers in bloom. We keep thinking of more we want to do with it. So we are neglecting the house and fixing up the yard. One thing at a time, I guess.

Just got back from the gym. I got my whole routine in although I only walked/jogged 1/2 mile (eight min today) and biked the rest of the 30 min, then did the hand bike 6 min, and also three mother machines. I've cut back on the walking because I get so bored! I don't get bored outside but on a track I get very bored so have to switched things around a bit...but I always try to get 30 min of cardio in some way. I messed up again on my eating plan last night...snacked too much. My bs was good yesterday afternoon, but high today because of it even after my workout. So still working on staying OP in the evenings.

My eating so far today:
Breakfast
45 cal smoothie which turned out to be 73 cal when I added it up in MFP
It was all I had time for and I called the almond milk (1 c) both protein and fat. So guess you could say this is the stricter version? It also had a little strawberry and banana in it so that was my carb.

lunch
1/4 banana - carb
fish sticks - protein
salad - free
mayo- 1 T - fat
I forgot about the mayo and also had a very very light mocha frappe made with unsweetened mocha mix, and 1/4 c unsweetened (always) almond milk and water and few drops of chocolate Stevia.

Cajun - Sorry about the burn! I have always gotten my worst burns on cloudy days near water. I've had some bad ones and know how painful they are. If you can get some Silvadine Cream, it really helps. I think it's only sold by prescription though. Glad you had a good time otherwise though! I don't think I've ever tried Bream. I looked it up and it looks like a scaled fish which is the only kind I eat. Is it a mild taste?

Lucinda - Your salad sounds great! Ticks are nasty things. I remember finding one in my boys hair after he came back from a camping trip.

Last edited by maryea; 05-05-2014 at 05:39 PM. Reason: food update
Old 05-05-2014, 03:08 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Mary yes bream are scale fish and the taste is very mild. Not oily and strong. It's a flaky meat. Bream pull and fight really hard. They are hard to put in the boat. So much fun. I do have silverdene cream. It's kinda old but may work. I had that for a burn when the boys were younger. Didn't kniw it was good for sunburn too. Thanks for the tip!!!

Hugs
Cajun.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:49 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Cajun.....Atttat Girl.....I knew you could do it. Sun burn take a bath in either tea water or vinegar. The tea will tan you like an old hide!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:42 PM   #29  

I made the 1-2-3 cake. Looks strange (like a cross between sponge cake Swiss cheese) tastes GREAT! I put Cool whip and blueberries on it.

YUMMY!

Thank you for posting the recipe.

Lynn
Old 05-06-2014, 08:40 AM   #30  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

I admire you ladies who can maintain control and not go into a binge/sugar vortex. I am specifically thinking about the one cup serving of cake. I would never be satisfied with a single serving. Cakes, for me, are only enjoyed in private and only in belly aching amounts. Hence, I no longer eat cakes, cookies, chocolates etc.... It sucks, but I have no self control when it comes to certain foods...
Closed Thread