Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #196  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

I had a mammogram today. The technician looked at my saggy mammary glands and said," Did you lose a lot of weight recently?"
I'm like ,'Yes, how can you tell?" and she says" Your skin is all saggy!"
Well gee, thanks?!
Old 05-28-2014, 10:55 PM   #197  

Height: 5'3"

We were supposed to babysit today but our dd got her appt time wrong and when she realized it was too late to bring our gd here so she went with her. She's a really well behaved kid so it really wasn't a problem. They stopped by for lunch and chat before driving home (she lives in another city about 30 min+ (depending on traffic) away. That little girl says the funniest things...she keeps us laughing, and she doesn't mind bit. This is Princess Claire...some of you older members may remember her. I stayed home all day...it was my free day so didn't do much housework, just did a little dusting in one room and the daily stuff. Probably will regret I didn't get a haircut but I got too lazy.

lucinda - Wow, that x-ray tech certainly doesn't have good professional manner does she? It's not like she doesn't see many saggy skin/ breasts...probably more of that kind than the perky kind.

Wannabe - sorry, please do not follow in my bad example.

Cajun - be safe, flash floods are scary! Sorry to hear about your cousin, seems like you have to always be watching your purse. I've been guilty of walking away leaving it in the cart even! Long ago I left in the parking lot (usually in the eve because I worked swing) and someone always took it in to lost and found for me. I'm doing better now but I used to do that a lot. The other day I thought I'd lost a few hundred in cash, but when I got home I found I hadn't even taken it with me.

Jess - So glad your surgery date is not far off now. It will be hard for a while but then hopefully you will be out of pain. You've suffered enough.

Hi to everyone else!!

Last edited by maryea; 05-28-2014 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucindaarrowspark View Post
I had a mammogram today. The technician looked at my saggy mammary glands and said," Did you lose a lot of weight recently?"
I'm like ,'Yes, how can you tell?" and she says" Your skin is all saggy!"
Well gee, thanks?!
WHAT!!!, stupid tech! You should have said, "well I guess that makes your job of mashing my boobs between two plates easier..." Or you could have said, "that's what happens when you turn 105 ." Bwahahaha
Liana
Old 05-29-2014, 04:22 PM   #199  

Cana, love your suggested response to the mamogram tech!! Unfortunately I never think of those bright remarks in time. Perhaps you will Lucinda if it ever comes up again (hopefully not!!). They would have thought you look really good for 105!

We finally got back to the gym. I've tried to be active here at home meantime. I got in a pretty good workout considering it's been two weeks since I've been there. Walked and jogged a mile, rode the stationary bike 16 min on 10, rode hand bike 6 min on 4.5, and used three weight machines.

Meals so far today:
breakfast
cheerios - carb
milk - protein
slivered almonds - 1 T - fat

am snack (probably shouldn't have had as my bs was high)
PB mocha made with almond milk and added fiber - meant to add protein powder too but I forgot!

lunch
egg white sand with mayo - carb, protein and fast
baby carrots - free

I've done well on my housework schedule again today. Dh is planting some flowers I bought to prettify the patio tables for Memorial day and the miniature roses I received for Mothers Day.

Hi to the rest of you...

Last edited by maryea; 05-29-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:25 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Great workout, maryea!!

you go on them bikes, girl!

Liana
Old 05-29-2014, 11:14 PM   #201  

I have written a post 3 times now and each one went poof grrrrr so all is well with me and im just going to rosey lol
Old 05-30-2014, 06:05 AM   #202  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

That's has happened to me too, Rosie. I figured my computer gets skittish sometimes.
I think I will refrain from getting on the scale b/c my weight fluctuates 2.5 pounds and it starts to distract me. I know I am eating balanced. I know I need to consume enough calories to keep me vigorous. I don't know why my body fluctuates so much but I can not measure myself worth by a freaking number on a man made device.
Gearing up for a week-end filled with family, food and fun. I will not slip up and eat foods that side track me.
Wishing the same to all of my healthy eating buddies here.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #203  
Jacksonville, FL

Woowho! 8.2 pounds.....

Last edited by Deelou; 05-30-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:06 AM   #204  

busy day...went to gym and did my usual except only got to one weight machine. came home and rested a bit then went to my bone scan. then shopping for a gift and ended up also stopping in Pier One Imports and bought two pillows for the patio furniture. I wanted to perk up the chaise lounges so they look better next to my new table. They sure have some pretty things in that store!

Deelou - congrats on the great weightloss!!

Lucinda - You continue to be my inspiration.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:48 AM   #205  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Dee Lou, congrats on the weight loss, good job.

Mary...I need to get back to posting my menu too, it sure helps me keep on track.

I have cheated only a tiny bit. Not in my food choices but when I eat. I just can't go without a snack after supper. I have trouble getting my morning snack in because I'm not hungry and also too busy to remember. Way too much food in the morning for me. So I'm skipping my morning snack and eating it after supper. It hasn't affected my weight loss, I'm down to 128 this morning. I started at 133.4 so I'm over 5 pounds down.

If I hit a plateau, I'll try not eating after supper again. DH is a big help, he's cutting out sugar too for health reasons.

Have a great week-end everyone.

P.S. Rosey...you can always type your message on your computer's note pad or microsoft word or whatever you have. Then do a copy and paste.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:29 PM   #206  
Jacksonville, FL

My son and family leave for Vietnam tomorrow. He heads a Christian non-profit that has orphanages in Cambodia, Thailand and India. Their first son was born in Vietnam and adopted 15 years ago...they are going there for a few days before visiting the kids in the other countries....www.asiashope.org you can follow by reading the directors blog.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:28 PM   #207  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Wow, can you believe it's June tomorrow....ALREADY!

Dee...you might want to repost your address on June's thread, it looks interesting.

I'm closing this thread now since I won't have time in the morning.

See ya next month.
Closed Thread