3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~May Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/295384-%7E%7Emay-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

Bobbolink 05-20-2014 08:40 AM

Those of you on 1-1-1, just got my answer on carob. ( Rania Bataynek told me it was a carb on the Facebook forum)

glynne 05-20-2014 10:14 AM

Bobbi ~ I finally found the one ~ one ~ one forum that Cajun mentioned. I had thought she meant it was on the 3FC web site. I was gonna tell you, but see that you have already found it. I think it is neat that the author takes the time to answer the questions personally.

Gonna visit mom (via phone) at the nursing home. Then, gonna get back to work on my next thing ~ cleaning up that clutter pile that is bugging me.

Maybe in the evening I will catch up on the personals ~ but for now ~ I gotta take advantage of this spurt of energy before it leaves me ~ LOL :dizzy:

Hope you all are having a good day.

Take care

canadjineh 05-20-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbolink (Post 5006419)
Carol Sue, our male English Setter is neutered and he always pees like a girl. I think that instinct to lift their leg must leave along with their "happy tools".

Hahahah, my brother had an absolutely huge female malamute easily 150 lbs - not fat, just big & muscly and she was the alpha dog of the neighbourhood. She lifted her leg to pee! Funny to watch, and especially to look at the faces of other people when they saw she was a female. My sister in law weighed less than Kiyanna did and had trouble walking her, as she could NOT hold her back from going as fast or wherever she wanted. She did listen to my brother though, who was a big guy at 6'2" and pretty muscly himself.

Liana

jess1 05-20-2014 07:56 PM

Gayle - I still can't find it on this site's forum or on FB... I've tried every conceivable spelling.... HELP! I'm getting a bit vexed.

Karen31 05-20-2014 09:14 PM

I found it Donna----https://www.facebook.com/RaniaBatayneh

This is the website---http://theoneoneonediet.com/forum/the-one-one-one-diet/#sthash.sooRzly0.dpbs

lucindaarrowspark 05-21-2014 06:23 AM

Good Wednesday Morning. I am sitting here in front of my computer stunned and flabbergasted. I have been losing weight and changing the private conversation I have with myself. But I am not the springy young woman I used to be. I still have aches and pains and I can not dance in Zumba class the way I imagined I could. I know...I have to accept and celebrate the the progression of life and be mindful of my blessings.
I need to buy proper clothes. I think that will help me not get sucked into a vortex of negative thinking.

Bobbolink 05-21-2014 07:56 AM

Good Morning!
I've completed 2 days of the 1-1-1 and am liking it. It doesn't feel like I'm on a plan at all, the author of the book keeps saying we can eat anything we want. We can have a slice of cake or whatever if we're willing to give up healthier foods instead. When it's our choice, it makes it easier pass up the sweets. The only problem I have with the plan is not eating after supper. That's when Bruce and I really enjoy a sweet treat.

I'm getting help from him in that department because his cholesterol test came back and his triglycerides were elevated.He has been eating ice cream nightly. He told me not to buy it anymore, I won't. It's too soon to move my ticker but I lost 2.6 pounds in two days.

Yesterday I moved everything still in boxes out of the garage and installed shelves. That was great exercise and I was pooped by the end of day. I went to grandson's chorus concert last night so didn't think of after supper sweets. Today I'm going to go out to home depot and find brackets to hold all the big items like shovels, rakes, brooms, etc.

Carpenter will be here today to put a small deck in the back yard, we have no even ground to put our patio table, chairs, etc.
My menu doesn't look very appealing because I had no time to cook.

Breakfast:
Fiber One - carb
Flax seed - fat
Almond Milk - protein

AM snack: Roll-up
1/2 flat out - carb
PB 2 - protein peanut butter can be a protein or fat but I used PB2, no fat in it.
Walnuts - fat

Lunch:
Almond milk shake - protein
Strawberries - carb
walnuts - fat
lettuce salad - free
raspberry fat free dressing - free

PM snack: same as AM. I split the flatout/pb2/celery roll-up

Supper:
2 Egg beater eggs - protein
2 slices low calorie toast - carb
1 Tablespoon butter - fat

I cheated a wee bit and ate something after supper because I was hungry. I peeled and sliced thin a whole carrot and munched on that.
I'm off to the YMCA, then Home Depot.
Have a good one and KarenMo...you are so much in my thoughts and prayers.:hug:

Deelou 05-21-2014 07:58 AM

I have finally reached a point where I have no real appetite ! Good for me waiting until my stomach growls is healthy for me....and my docs were right..I need to eat between 900-1000 to lose I have averaged this for about a month and am down 8 this morning...but WW weighing is Friday with clothes on so will be up a bit I imagine...:carrot:

Deelou 05-21-2014 07:58 AM

Deciding if I want to lower my goal now or wait til I reach it....

Bobbolink 05-21-2014 08:45 AM

Congrat on the 8 pounds Dee. As to weight watchers weigh in, wear the same clothes as you did last weeks weigh in. A couple of years ago at my yearly exam, I weighed myself wearing clothes. After stripping and getting into the icky exam gown, weighing myself again....it was over 5 pounds difference. Jeans and sneakers are heavy.

Lucinda....sorry but age does that to everyone. Springiness leaves, balance leaves, sight leaves, you name it. Aches & pains, bad knees, bad hips, Hello!
We just have to appreciate we're on the top side of the ground.

canadjineh 05-21-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbolink (Post 5007775)

Lucinda....sorry but age does that to everyone. Springiness leaves, balance leaves, sight leaves, you name it. Aches & pains, bad knees, bad hips, Hello!
We just have to appreciate we're on the top side of the ground.

Yup, I'm beginning to realize this more & more, too. Definitely, in all of us some of the aches/pains/etc were caused by excess weight, bad blood levels of assorted things, but general wear & tear takes its toll. Especially if you have led a very active sporty sort of life in your early years. Ever seen a gymnast or football player (in their younger years) now in 50's. Bunch of cripples with arthritis - totally PC since I am one (a cripple with arthritis, lol).

Hope you all are having a wonderful day. I am headed off to the lab for urine & blood samples to be taken as I am a participant in a huge study called the BC Generations Project. Over 24,000 people are part of a long ongoing study on general health and prevalence of debilitating diseases as we age.

Aquacize first :swim:, lunch later (I'm being good & having a salad & HB eggs since I had my GF toast & French Canadian Pea Soup for breakfast), a bit of shopping around, and taking dh's roller skates in to the cobbler for new metal hooks/eyelets. We went skating last Friday and some of his popped out so it's time for a repair as professional quality skates are $300ish and we don't want to spend that!

Liana

lucindaarrowspark 05-21-2014 01:52 PM

I am so focused on how much I eat and what I eat that it is exhausting. It is not unlike when I was a binge eater and shoveling junk food in my stomach all night. I am happy not to be lugging around all those extra pounds, now if only it was acceptable to wear flowing tunic gowns like I've seen in depictions of ancient /biblical times. I would love to be able to dress like a saint or a child of Israel crossing the desert into freedom...

Cajunlady165 05-21-2014 02:49 PM

Hey GG's. I'm back. Just didn't feel like posting. I'm reading but that's as far as I've gotten. I've lost all will power. Eating like there is no tomorrow. Last night I was so disgusted I made a promise to get up this morning and try again. So I'm here and doing 1-1-1. It's a very good diet and I am not deprived so anything so what's the problem?
Dh and I usually go to west Monroe for the long weekend holiday but this year we asked my cousin and her dh to come with us to our camp. They are very excited to come. They will be bringing their boat so we will be out on the lake doing a lil fishing. It will be nice to have a 3 day weekend.
Bobbi I'm glad you like the 1-1-1 diet. If only I could get my heart into it.
Mary your doing really well. I'm glad it's helping your sugar levels.
Develop good job!
Donna did you find the forum yet. There is not a whole lot of activity on it yet but I'm sure it will kick off soon.
Lucinda I admire your will power.
Karen31 I think of you daily hope your Tim is ok.
K3 I'm needing a butt chewing about now. Hope your knees are ok.

I have received 7 graduation cards this year and I have 3 weddings. I have given 2 weddings their gifts but I have 1 wedding and. 7 cards to send out. Friday night we are going to a graduation party. We were invited to 4 parties but can only attend 1. The one we are attending is my great niece. After we get off work Friday we will bring the boat to the camp and come back for the party and then go back to the camp after. My cousin and her dh will arrive Saturday morning.

I'll be back later.
Hugs
Cajun

Bobbolink 05-21-2014 05:24 PM

Cajun...I was trying to think who else is on this plan, YOU. I wasn't in the mood to get my heart into it either just because I was tired of counting calories. But this is a whole different outlook on taking it off.
I'm enjoying the foods. I had a fantastic AM and PM snack.
1 Flat Out light(carb) spread with lots of PB2 (peanut butter),(Protein) a stick of celery (free)and 1 slice crispy fried bacon. (Fat) I rolled this up and cut it in half, 1/2 for AM snack and 1/2 for afternoon snack. What's better than peanut butter and bacon? I got away with the bacon because PB2 doesn't have any fat in it.

The 1-1-1 forum is going to have a live chat on Facebook if anyone is interested. I knew I'd miss the chat so asked Rania if I could read all the questions and answers..She is sooooo good at getting back to me with my questions.

Quote:

Hi Everyone. The next 1:1:1 Facebook Chat is scheduled for Wednesday May 28 @ Noon PST.

I will post a reminder that morning and once we are live, you can ask your questions directly on that that status update.

‪#‎KeepTheConversationGoing‬ ‪#‎WellnessWednesday‬

June(Bobbi) asked, Is there a way for us to read the questions and answers on your chat in case we miss the live chat?

8 hrs · Like
Rania Batayneh, MPH: Author of The One One One Diet Hi June (Bobbi). Yes, the post will live on the FB page and there will also be a direct link to it. I will make sure that is easy to find.

8 hrs · Unlike · 1

maryea 05-21-2014 06:49 PM

Bobbi -Glad yu r enjoying the one plan. I plan to eat this way the rest of my life....it isn't really a diet for me. It's like going back to my younger skinny days. My bs r pretty good now other than the am. I think I can get that down more if I stop the eve cheating. I'd prob lose faster too. I'm amazed how easy it works at restaurants too. I don't worry abt it much but do think try to keep in balance and get veggies if poss.

Lucinda - I have wondered whether I'd feel like I did before when I lost weight. After all It was eleven years ago that I lost 33+ lb and regained most of it and time does change us.

I'm typing on ipad so not so good.