Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 07:32 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Tim is still in the hospital. He had some problems with nausea and they are trying to get his meds adjusted so he can eat with out getting sick. We had hoped he was coming home today but glad that they are keeping him at least another day since we are about 3 hours away from the hospital. hopefully it will get straightened out and he will be able to come home in the next day or two. Sure will be glad when he is home
Old 04-06-2014, 08:07 PM   #47  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

It is kind of a dreary drippy day here today. A little chilly it seems. Don't know if it is, or if I just think it is because it looks like that out the window.

Spent Friday doing some cleaning. It was a nice sunny day and warm out ~ I had been waiting for such a day ~ wanted to wash the bathroom rugs and hang them out to dry. I didn't want to put the clean rugs back down on dirty floors, so one thing led to another ~ and I ended up cleaning the whole day. But it was much needed. I guess it took so long, because I would do a little ~ then take a break and rest a little, do a little more etc. Darn dust ~ I wish it didn't come back so soon.

A funny little story. I heard a text message come on my phone in the middle of the night, I was only half awake, and didn't bother to look. Got up to go to the bathroom a while later, remembered that I had heard the little jingle, and looked at the message. It was from DD Sara. “Are you still up” Came in at 1:40 in the morning. It made me worry ~ what was she needing at that hour. Texted her back, but got no answer. In the morning, I checked with DH ~ he had gotten the same message, but was also sleeping when it came in. I messaged her again, and she answered ~ said she was messaging to see if we were still awake ~ she needed tooth fairy money. LOL Thank goodness it was that and not the other things I worried it might be (like trouble with scum boy ~ her ex-husband). DGS Corbin had some cash and helped her out.

Maddie has been losing teeth like crazy lately it seems. She lost this latest one at school. They are prepared there ~ they sent her to the nurses office and she provided this cute little tooth shaped container that the kid can hang around their neck and put the tooth in so it doesn't get lost.

It has been a nice weekend for the most part. Until I got a message from DB (aka Scum bro). There has been drama off and on with him since my dad passed away last fall. Things will kind of quiet down for a while, then I guess he needs his drama fix again. In my mom's words ~ I wish he would just “dry up and blow away”. Love Mom and her sayings.

Karen MO ~ sorry that Tim is having the nausea/eating problem on top of everything else. I will be glad for you both when he gets back home too. Prayers continue and

Hope you all have had a nice weekend.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 04-07-2014 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:22 PM   #48  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Quick check in, Goldens...

CK - such nice postings for you and Tim! Lucinda - yours was particularly touching. I'm glad you're with us!

Gayle - glad it was a Tooth Fairy emergency! You had to have been scared!!!

Lovely day! The neighbor did the grocery shopping for me, and it's such a treat! I'll bless them well at Christmas! I'll be depending on them to care for Samson, too, when I'm in the hospital. They're really, really good neighbors!!

I hope you're all having a good Sunday! Later, lovelies!
Old 04-06-2014, 10:01 PM   #49  
Want to feel better

Donna ~ it is nice that you have such nice neighbors. Glad they are able to help you and Samson. I agree with you about Lucinda's words to Karen ~ such kind words.

Last edited by glynne; 04-06-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:56 AM   #50  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Good Monday Morning! The weather in New York is starting to moderate. We still have a clump of unmelted snow in the cul'd'sac. Taking wagers on when it will be gone.
I worked all day Sunday,( I manage a non-profit cemetery) and I am also working today.
My eating has been healthy, balanced and in control. For this I am truly grateful.
I am down one more pound this week. My goal weight is 16 ounces away!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #51  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

D Day, D Day, D Day.
I am not messing around this time around. Yesterday for Church I put on my grey/pink suit, I had to put a button extender on the skirt. Where did all this belly fat come from? I don't weigh that much more, 7 pounds. But it's all around my waist. So off it comes.

On saturday I made some coconut macaroons for something different for Bruce's snacks. Wow, were they delicious. Has anyone tried making them with Stevia instead of sugar? Here I am 1st day of my diet and I'm thinking how to make sweet stuff with no sugar. Dumb, dumber and dumbest.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:05 AM   #52  
Want to feel better

Good morning GG's,

Bobbi ~ don't be so hard on yourself (dumb, dumber and dumbest). We all have struggles. You are smart ~ not dumb ~ you are jumping on this before it gets too far out of hand.

Lucinda ~ wow ~ you are so close to goal ~ that is awesome ~ what a great feeling!

Karen MO ~ prayers continue.

Kind of a little chilly feeling this morning.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi Your little Yorkie is so cute!

My waist measurement is bigger than my hip measurement. It's not supposed to be like that. LOL Good for you for getting on it before it gets out of hand.

Karen I'm sorry to hear that the doctor did not have good news. I am praying that God will give you and Tim the strength to go through whatever is ahead for you.

Gayle, How old is Maddie? I am wondering when my DGS will start losing teeth. He will be 6 in a couple months.

Mary I never heard of vaso-motor response. I will google it.

I don't order from catalogs. The clothes look so nice in the picture but not so on me. I have to go to the store and try things on, one of the reasons why I don't buy many new clothes.

That wedding sounds like mine. I did not walk down the aisle. I wore a long dress, but not a wedding gown. We just stood up with the minister in front of 30-40 family and friends and got married. Afterwards we had a small luncheon at the house.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #54  
Bobbi

Thanks for the support, I can take the weight off so easy....I can't keep it off. Eating around 1000 calories a day will do it, I do have trouble getting that many calories because of my love for veggies. I get filled up on them and then too full to eat a larger portion of protein to get my calories up.

I got real and changed my ticker too, it was 131.4 this morning. You can count on 3 pounds gone by friday.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 04-07-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:40 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi, that's the way to do it. Get it off when it's just a few pounds instead of letting it build up to way too many, like I did. You set a good example.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:29 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Crazy weekend and pretty darn tired this morning... slept til 8 instead of my usual getting up at 6:30 with Randy.
There was a going away party Sat. for a couple we have known for 30 years, they are moving to Dawson Creek (Northern British Columbia, Canada) for work and for their 2 daughters' sake. More friends doing healthier activities mentally, spiritually, and physically there. Sad occasion for me though. I got all teary eyed, even though I feel happy for them. And that's just another excuse for us to head north for a little visit to all our friends who have moved in that direction.
Then yesterday was a major clean-up & yardwork day... I wasn't feeling great and Randy had to help hook me up to my neck traction set-up for 15 minutes so that it would help get rid of the headache (car accident many years ago and c-spine issues continue). I did loads of laundry after, while he vacuumed and then washed the car and swept the gravel away from our driveway and road in front of our place. Everything is starting to look good, but the long grass in the garden in front of the house needs to be pulled... not looking forward to that.
I love gardens, but not gardening lol.
Making my chiropractor tune up appointment to get my spine realigned today... I feel so much better after, I need to remember to make it a monthly priority for my health sake.

Hoping the best for all you gals today... keep on keeping on!
Spring is really gonna get here one day.

Liana
Old 04-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Well, we didn't get the happy news we were expecting from the surgery. Once the surgeon got in there he saw that the cancer had spread to Tim's liver and determined removing the tumor on the pancreas was a higher risk than leaving it. They did remove his gall bladder which was full of stones. But told us that chemo is not very successful with this type of cancer. He is stage 4 and the decision to do chemo will totally have to be up to him. As the surgeon put it to me he will need to choose the quantity of life or quality of life. So it wasn't good news at all. He should be released from the hospital on Saturday. Just wanted to come and give an update
Karen,

I am so sorry to read about Tim's cancer. Whatever you decide to do enjoy every minute with each other.

I send you my love and best wishes.

Lynn
Old 04-08-2014, 09:36 AM   #58  
Bobbi

Great day yesterday, I kept busy with cleaning out the refrigerator and vacuuming behind it among other cleaning. All you gals with your housecleaning spurred me on. I was dreading pulling the refrigerator out after I emptied it but it must be on rollers because it slid right out. We purchased it new when we bought our city house, so I didn't know it had rollers. NEAT!

My menu was very low calorie for my 1st day back:
1/2 cup stevia sweetened almond milk in my pot of coffee.
I was too busy to eat breakfast so had carrots and celery with peanut butter dip around 11 am.
Tomato Zucchini soup for lunch
Ate the last of the diet soup for supper with a large lettuce salad/green onions and lite Italian dressing.
I made a crustless, sugarless lemon meringue pie for my treat. Ate 1/2 of it. The meringue wasn't so great with the stevia powder, I think it needs real sugar.
1/2 serving Sunflower seeds while watching tv last night.
Scale down 1.8 pounds this morning.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,
Nothing too exciting going on today. It's drizzling this morning and kind of chilly.
Im trying to get into Easter mode. Making my menu and grocery list. It's coming real fast. I think we are going to get our side of house washed along with carport and patio. My truck has a layer of yellow pollen on it. Guess it's time to wash it too. Does the work ever stop.

Bobbi I wish I could go down 1.8 lbs in a day!!! Your metabolism must be very fast.

K3 how are you?

Karen31 my prayers are with you and Tim.

Hi all. Out of time.
Hugs cajun
Old 04-08-2014, 02:52 PM   #60  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! It is a beautiful sun shiny day out. Dh is working on his garden and the yard. He just went out to get some things he needed. I hope to get more done today. I've been thinking of planning a trip but can't decide...it's so pretty here right now. Wish we'd done it during the winter now but our winter wasn't that bad either. Off and on we had really cold weather but overall it was not bad to me.

Cajun - we are going out for brunch with our dd and her family the day before Easter. Not sure what we will do for Easter on our own ...maybe pick up some Honey Baked Ham and make a simple meal.

Bobbi - when you decide to eat light..you amaze me! You have such discipline. Being consistent OP is what is hard for me. I can do it a few days, then I start overeating again. I agree with wannabee..you are dong the right thing to jump on it quick before it becomes more pounds to get off. I let mine go way too long. These days though, even I'm not consistent, that is one thing I do...when I see the pounds creeping back up, I quickly adjust my eating to not gain more at least and usually drop back down at least for a little while. Just wish I were more consistent so I could really lose.

Wannabee - We had a small but traditional wedding. I didn't know any different so did what everyone I knew did. I didn't really have any dreams of my perfect wedding. If I ever marry again (I don't plan to!), I'd I'd do it more like our friends did. Not that I remember our wedding being that stressful...my parents and ladies in the church took care of most of it. All I had to do was pick out my dress and choose my bridesmaid, flower girl and ringbearer and show up. That was easy. The dress was the hardest. I was so skinny there was only one dress in town that even sorta fit me...and it had to be altered all over...I was probably about a size 4 but usually had to buy a 5 as it was not easy to find those tiny sizes where I lived in the mid-west at the time. I'm not sure what size the dress started out but they made it fit me. Wish I hadn't allowed myself to gain so much weight now, but then I felt so ugly being skinny yet I was very healthy and blessed with a fast metabolism. It's all a matter of perspective. Remember in my teen years, the beauty image we all wanted was like Marilyn Monroe and others like her. Now they probably wouldn't even be considered healthy.

Last edited by maryea; 04-08-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Closed Thread