Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #16  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Just go thome from the gym. I only did 1/2+ mile walk/jog, 6 min on hand bike and 17 min on the stationary bike. Was going to do some weight machines but dh was ready so we left. I didn't sleep well again so I'm tired.

Cajun - Congrats on the weightloss! I think I'd lose too if I'd just stick to the plan...I did well for 7-10 days or so but now I keep messing up. I was sleeping better too I think when I wasn't eating in the evenings. I still like that way of eating, I just give in to temptation to eat more too often. Story of my life! At least this morning I ate a more healthy breakfast. I noticed when I ate larger and healthier meals, I felt more content not to eat in the eveings.

Lizzy - I have the same problem but see above. I need to get back to that.
I am only a pound above my sig weight so it's a good time to catch it and keep losing.

Glynne - Sounds like you are keeping plenty busy without that old job! Are you doing ok without the income? Hope so because retirement is sure fun!

Bobbi -I too believe in keeping my teeth as long as possible. I have a lower plate but it's because of teeth that went bad in my teens. Dh had to have dentures in his 20s (upper full and lower partial) due to bad gums probably related to poor nutrition in younger years..but at least he managed to keep a few and those are what we are dealing with now. He has a good dentist and a good denturist. The denturist has done very good work for him in the past. Looked at our budget last night and we have enough saved or almost enough to do the work, but not sure whether he will do it until he has to. He needs to get in to see the denturist and find out for sure what he will charge.

Today's eating so far:
breakfast
oatmeal with 1 t br sugar - carb
1 T pecans - fat
1 C milk - protein

lunch
tangerines - 2 - carb
raw spinach - free
1T pecans - fat
canned chicken - 4 oz - protein

pm snack
pb mocha frappe - pro, carb, fat

dinner
vegetable stir-fry - mushrooms, bok choy, celery, bean sprouts, green onions - free
rice - 1/3 cup - carb
4 mini chicken and cilantro potstickers - calling this protein but only 3 gm.
Mixed nuts - 1 T - fat

Books - Finally finished Angel of Death..got a little more interesting toward the end but not my kind of book. Now reading Praying the Names of Jesus by Ann Spangler. It's rather like a devotional and I like it.

Last edited by maryea; 04-02-2014 at 09:45 PM. Reason: ETA to add to meals
Old 04-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #17  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

busy cooking a one pot meal for dh and ds3& ds4. I want to go to a zumba class tonight, so I need to have my "menfolk" taken care of before I can slip away!
Old 04-02-2014, 06:16 PM   #18  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Does anyone have the Ematic 7" Genesis Prime? I loaded a book on it for DH, he read it and now need to take it off. We can't figure out how to do it. I googled it and just got more confused.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
I have been a very bad, bad dieter. I keep taking off and putting back on, nothing too serious until this morning. I put on a pair of jeans I haven't worn for awhile and they shrunk. Put on another pair and they shrunk too. What am I going to do?

Bobbi, if this is what's going to happen using the home made laundry gel, I'm not using it! LOL

Lizzie I used to be the same way, eating good all day and then blowing it all in the evening. I am diabetic and an elderly neighbor recently had an amputation due to diabetes, so I have done an about face. No more evening snacking. It took something like that to scare me.

Cajun, I took your lead and cleaned my dining room and kitchen today. Everything is gleaming! I feel like I'm in the wrong house.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 04-02-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #20  

Wannabee - loved your joke about the shrunk jeans and the laundry soap!! So had to post again. Good point about the diabetic neighbor. I'm diabetic also but I can always seem to rationalize why eve eating is ok for me. Actually I'm suppose to have one snack in the evening per my diabetic dietician but I tend to get carried away. And I do want to keep my toes, feet and all Wish I'd cleaned house ...I haven't cleaned all week other than a few basic tasks. We've been running around or else I've had stuff to do online. The sun shining in shows up all the dirt..esp the dirty windows!

Lucinda - How many children do you have? I didn't realize you had such young ones...I was thinking teens.

I got some clothes I ordered online...they fit but don't look good on me...so I'm sending them back. Dh hates when I do that, even though he orders by mail and sometimes has to do it too, not as often though as with my orders. At least I didn't pay shipping the first time and shipping back is free but they will probably subtract the return shipping cost from my refund.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:35 AM   #21  
kosherveganchick

I have adult sons who live at home! and I still have one teen ager. My other daughters are self supporting and live on their own.
When my "boys" get home from work they sre ravenous so I like to have healthy meals ready for them or else they blow their pay checks on take out food.
ds3 means darling son, 3rd child. ds 4 means darling son 4th child...

Last edited by lucindaarrowspark; 04-03-2014 at 07:36 AM. Reason: explaining my acronyms
Old 04-03-2014, 10:09 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning golden girls. I'm feeling so good this morning. Happy happy happy! The reason? I don't know. Diet is awesome.
Last night I mentioned shampooing carpets and dh said "what". Uh no I'm not doing that. I'm going run my rabbit dogs. I was laughing. I told him that was part of spring cleaning. I told him we would finish the rest of the house and he was free to go after that. I'll shampoo last. Men! My younger brother was here last night. He asked dh what was he doing for the weekend. He said,"that women got me cleaning house again". I wanted to laugh. I better get finished this weekend because I think that's all I'm going to get. He just a lot of hot air because he's like me he likes a clean house.
It will soon be time to get thing together for Easter. Big barbecue at my house with family coming over. Usually about 35 people. I have most of the meat but need a few ingredients for side dishes.
Hi to all.
Gotta run
Hugs
Cajun
Old 04-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #23  

Hi everyone.. Im so proud of myself.. im so not technical savy and we disconnected the dh computer and set up the router,printer and dsl in my craft room( my laptops in the living room) it didn't work and a fiddled with it all evening and then called sil if he could come help today. so this am I fiddled some more and wahla its now working.. not sure what I did but doing the happy dance. Its awful that I have become such a creature of habit that im not a happy camper when things go awry.
Cajun,congrats on a clean house and dh that will help.. I can count on 1 hand the times mr cranky has ever washed a dish in 44 yrs of marriage.however he built me a beautiful craft room and he does vacume for me as its hard to do that using a walker so I will keep him.wannabe and maryea,i snack at night too.. last night I made a tropical fruit smoothie..took care of my sweet tooth. I used sf frozen fruit,stevia,ice,and 2 T sf vanilla coffee mate it was yummy.I make airpopped popcorn a lot too. Have a great day ttfn Rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 04-03-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:13 PM   #24  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Just a short note to remind you all that I am still alive and well! From now until the end of May it will be busy at work, so I may not get to "visit" often. But hope for success for all of you! Have a blessed day!!
Old 04-03-2014, 04:09 PM   #25  
kosherveganchick

akrosey... I know how wonderful it feels to get the computer to do what you need it to do, where you need it to be and when you need it done!
Cajunlady... My DH cleans his cabinets and his junk drawer and his man cave. I clean everything else. We have ripped out most of the carpet in our house so that is one less chore. We also clean out the entire house once a year for the celebration of Passover. THis year I need to be mindful of my food/calorie intake and I need to enjoy the holiday for reasons other than food!
Old 04-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

General Hi to everyone, hope your week is going awesomely!

Liana
Old 04-03-2014, 11:03 PM   #27  

It's been a busy day...we spent most of it shopping for a security door and have ordered it.

My eating:
breakfast
pb mocha frappe - protein carb and fat

lunch
combo pizza (shared) protein, carb and fat

dinner
Asian soup (dh made and it was yummy!)..contains chicken mini wontons (sorry called them potstickers yesterday! which was my only protein other than a bit in the chicken broth and veggies. I ate a lot of it! - so protein and carb
Lg bowl of salad...just lettuce and sweet onion -free
mayo - 1 T - fat

Dh is calling me to watch a movie with him so no personals this time.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:17 AM   #28  

Hi everyone. another busy day and im glad to be reclining and watching some tv.. I worked on my craft room most of the day.. I have a lot of craft supplies not done yet but here are a few pictures.. I feel really blessed that my dh did this for me rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (30.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (22.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (27.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 04-04-2014, 12:37 AM   #29  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola!

Well, I feel silly.... I kept wondering why no one had posted since Lucinda posted on 4-1..... duh! Guess I need a reminder when the months change?
Old 04-04-2014, 09:30 AM   #30  
kosherveganchick

Yes, we have to be mindful when the months change even though I can safely assume none of us here menstruate!
I am munching on left over slightly wilted salad for breakfast. I am hosting a sabbath dinner tonight for my son's friends from college.
The menu is salad, radish and cucumber salad, home made hummus,carrot-sweet potatoe ginger soup, roasted chicken, meat loaf, fried chicken strips for the kiddies, broccolli, brussel sprouts, giflte fish and for dessert, fruit and brownies. I will be eating the salad, the soup, a few roasted chick-peas that I am setting aside, the broccolli, brussel sprouts. Wish me luck!
Closed Thread