Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 06:11 PM   #196  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

thanks for the cheers Tam-Tam. I am smiling.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #197  
Jacksonville, FL

Kind of a rough day....emotions are raging..fighting wanting to eat my ares away...
Old 03-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #198  
Jacksonville, FL

That is eating my cares away...
Old 03-21-2014, 06:54 PM   #199  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucindaarrowspark View Post
thanks for the cheers Tam-Tam. I am smiling.
You know what would be even better-if I could physically cheer like that!!
Old 03-21-2014, 11:03 PM   #200  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Ok, let me try this again. I just lost my post ~ it wasn't a real long one, so I didn't bother with the word processor. I do usually highlight and save them before I hit the submit reply thing ~ as I have had them disappear before ~ for some mysterious reason, but didn't do it this time. Grrrrrrr

I think I did stuff today but can't remember Oh, oh ~ now I remember ~ some mending and the laundry. What a goof ball I am.

It was kind of an overcast day today. I miss that sun when it doesn't come out.

I opted out of the bike ride to the park today. The one we had been going to doesn't have a restroom ~ that makes it hard if we stay any length of time.

DD Jen (our youngest) had her baby today. The baby was due on Sunday, but didn't come. She had had a C-section with her first child and wanted to try to have a natural birth this time. They gave her until today and if the baby didn't come, a C-section again. So, we have a new little grandbaby. A little boy this time. Colin Carmichael 8 pounds 6 ounces. They live in NC, so it will probably be a while before we get to see him ~ other than pictures.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:29 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Congratulations Gayle!!! we'll be anxious to see lots of pictures!

Still running on tired but wanted to pop in and say Hello and goodnight. Hopefully, the tireds will go away soon and I can get back to a routine of some sort......
Old 03-22-2014, 12:28 AM   #202  

Happy Weekend everyone..sunny day here but cold.did have coffee on the deck tho,the snow pile is getting smaller. congratulations gayle,a new baby,how fun. Karen31 hope you get some rest,i know when im worried as you must be I don't sleep well. thinking about you and Tim (((hugs)) Dee I am an emotional eater too,and it takes a lot of willpower to not munch the day away,you can do it I was lazy today and had my nose in a book. and the crock pot cooked our dinner,swiss steak with mushrooms and onions,yum. ttfn rosey
Old 03-22-2014, 08:51 AM   #203  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning...so sorry for being AWOL on this site. I take the time to read the post and that's about it. So many to comment on but I sure do enjoy reading about everyone's life.
We didn't get much new snow in the last round of flurries, we still have plenty on the ground. Planting seasoning for the farmers will be LATE. I don't have a garden here in town, no room for one. Plus I'm suppose to be winding down without all that freezing/canning I used to do. Farmers Market, here I come.

Rosey...I can't wait for the pictures of your craft room. I hear ya about Steve's hunting STUFF taking over your house. Same here, been there, done that. When we moved into town last May, I finally had a private space of my own for my sewing and crafts plus a room just for my office/computer. Life is Good.

KarenMo...prayers to you and Tim.

Okay DONNA... you can come out and play now!

As to the Kindle Fire, mine is dying. We are having a hard time charging it up, seems to be a short in it. I called Amazon and I can get a refurbished one with a years, warranty for about $69.00 if I turn my old one in. I'll have to check out that web site you listed Mary. I've not heard of a white kindle, anyone have it? Is there a better reader out there other than the kindle I should look into?

Everyone have a great week-end and eat skinny.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:00 AM   #204  
Bobbi

Mary...I'm confused, what's the difference between white paper or Kindle Fire? No color? Why are they so cheap?
Old 03-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #205  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Morning Ladies!

At work today. We had rain earlier and now the sun is sort of out. Weighed in this morning and had a .25 pound loss, not much but I will take it. Would have probably done better had I not eaten a shrimp platter last night, it was a really nice size platter, next time hubby and may share! Have a blessed day all.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #206  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, Goldens!

Bobbi - I've been lurking quietly. I know you understand!

Gayle - before I forget.... try this link for the Birthday List. If it works, subscribe to the thread, and you'll always have it available:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-...hday-list.html

I bought a Kindle Fire for myself for Christmas, because I thought I probably needed to have one (I did NOT). I do not love it, but I do use it for reading. It fits into my purse, and I'm not as apt to leave it behind as I used to leave books behind. It's handy to take to work for lunchtime or wherever I might be stranded with nothing to amuse myself. I very much dislike trying to use the web with it. It's hard to manipulate, and it sucks up the battery. I do not love it. However, reading is fine with it. The Fire has internet access; I wonder if the paperwhites are strictly for reading? Maybe that's why they're so much less expensive... OR they're trying to get rid of their inventory so they can change the product.

As an aside, Amazon has THE BEST customer service anywhere. When you need help, you have the option of having them call you back, AND THEY DO! They're pleasant, they speak English, and they're competent.

Rosey - how is the room coming? I'm anxious to see pictures!!

CK - good thoughts and prayers for Tim. I'm so sorry that you both are going to have to go through this!! I hope the outcome is a happy one! PRAYERS....

Went back to work on Tuesday after vacay. Pretty mellow... but I'm still retiring on June 1st!!! The acupuncture and the herbs seems to be helping with the hip pain, but I think I'm psychologically prepared for AT LEAST June for the surgery. Beyond that, they might be in a lot of trouble!! I'm hoping to be able to go walk with KarenFL by the end of the summer!!

Nothing to report! Have a fine weekend, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 03-22-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:45 PM   #207  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Donna/Jess ~ I see by your ticker that you are in ONEDERLAND Way to go, that is awesome.

Thank you for the link to the birthday thread ~ I discovered that I had already subscribed to it. I also discovered that somehow ~ don't know how it works, that I have subscribed to 1,200 someting threads. Maybe somehow when you post to a thread ~ it automatically subscribes you? Because I have never clicked on anything saying I want to subscribe to any particular thread. So now, I have to figure out a way to get rid of some of those old subscribed threads, because even though I have subscribed to the birthday thread, I still can't find it amongst all that whole long list ~ LOL

Last edited by glynne; 03-22-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #208  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Gayle - yes, I'm under 200! 5# more, and I'm no longer in the obese category for BMI!

Sounds like you have a lot of deleting to do!! Have fun narrowing down your threads!
Old 03-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #209  

Donna so proud of you rosey
Old 03-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #210  
Bobbi

Thanks for the info Donna, I never use my kindle to get on the internet. I have a desk top, a lap top and a 7'' tablet for that. Maybe I don't need a new Kindle Fire, just a plain old reader?
P.S. Isn't onederland great! What are you going to do to take the 5 pounds off?

I'm sitting in the kitchen using my laptop, have to keep an eye on my stove. I made a wild rice casserole to go with my sweet/sour chicken, the brown rice cooked, the wild rice didn't. I have it all mixed together with the celery, dried cherries, onions, etc. Everything is cooked but the wild rice. So I took drastic action, tossed in a cup of water and now cooking it in my waterless cooker.

Ta Ta and all that good stuff.
Closed Thread