Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 09:40 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi, did you get that big snow storm that I saw on the news this morning? I heard on the radio that April is going to be colder than normal. I wonder if maybe we'll skip spring and go right into summer.

Lucinda, I like your attitude and enjoy reading your posts. It's better for your son to feel small and insignificant at his age rather than to be boastful and full of self-importance. He will grow up to be a fine young man, who will be able to accept others with their imperfections.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone

Class started yesterday - so far so good. Students seem very nice and eager to learn.

WELCOME to our newbies.

Looking forward to my daughter coming here on Friday.

Wore a bp monitor all day yesterday & all night. Get it off at 1:30 this afternoon. Amazingly, I was able to sleep pretty well even with it going off every 15 minutes!

Lynn

Breakfast - Nugo Protein bar

Snack - orange

Lunch - JC Baked Potato w broccoli & cheese

Snack - 2 squares 70% cocoa chocolate (130 cals)

Dinner - veggie burger on English muffin + 1/2 container of veggies & noodles (Lean Line)

Snack - Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 03-19-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Mary and tam - can you give me a list of ideas for protein snacks?
Hugs cajun
Old 03-19-2014, 01:34 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunlady165 View Post
Mary and tam - can you give me a list of ideas for protein snacks?
Hugs cajun
I like hardboiled eggs, they travel easy too. It you don't like hb, beat them up in a flat microwave-proof bowl with some spices (I like Epicure - lots of interesting ones like harissa, Jamaican jerk, berber, indonesian, Roasted Red Pepper dip mix etc) and nuke it for an omelette treat.
Also good is turkey breast roll-ups or lo-fat deli ham rollups with a bit of lo-fat cheese if you can handle it.
0% greek yogourt plain with a bit of sweetener & a splash of real vanilla extract if you don't like plain.

Liana
Old 03-19-2014, 01:42 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Default The new do for the next half century... Pix

BTW, here's the new hairdo (before pix first - front/side, then new cut - front/side) last picture is the cut off pile afterward.
Feeling spunky today, lol. Will hit aquacize with a friend this afternoon as it's snowed again here this morning, so forget the walk, YUK!
Liana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010019.jpg (28.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1010020.jpg (34.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P1010021.jpg (50.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P1010022.jpg (40.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P1010025.jpg (29.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 03-19-2014, 02:33 PM   #171  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Wow great haircut Liana. And I am wondering how you got your photos to be the right the size.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #172  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Liana ~ your haircut came out nice.

Lucinda ~ you have a beautiful smile. And I love your colorful clothes/accessories. It is like a ray of feel good sunshine just to look at your picture. Thank you for sharing.

Be back later, I am on the hunt ~ trying to find our birthday list. I know K31put a link of how to find it, but I don't remember where it was. I wish they (who ever ~ they is) had not taken our birthday thread off the sticky area ~ I hate having to search for it, and can't think of how to make it easier to find when I want it. Wish it could be put back.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:31 PM   #173  

Height: 5'3"

Just got back from the gym and grocery shopping. Got a good workout. We are taking our son out tonight for his birthday dinner...his choice of restaurant, so not for sure where we are going but suspect it will be Thai. His birthday was the first but this is our first chance to take him out, he's been so busy.

Does anyone have the Paper White Kindle? If so I'd like to know how you like it. I have the first Kindle so totally behind the times and thinking of upgrading and wondering whether it is worth it. They also have the next version Kindle (from mine) that is only $69 now but I thought I might like the Paper White better. I put my Kindle in two plastic ziploc bags and read in the bathtub. It didn't get wet but apparently the steam got in (I take hot baths!) and now there is a little cloud over the first word. I can usually guess at the word but it is a bit irritating. Dh was nice and didn't yell at me. and has even said I can get a new one. But I'm not sure I'll do it right away since it is still working fine and I thought the cloud was spreading but it doesn't seem to be anymore. I can now get the power white for the same price I paid for my old Kindle so it is tempting but I also have my ipad and read on it too. I just prefer a Kindle for the gym.

Lucinda - Love the bright colors!! Looks good on you! I'm glad you posted this picture! Perhaps your brightness will help your son perk up. It is hard to be young sometimes. Every age has it's challenges. But if he only knew how special he is.. everyone is significant, each of us has a place and destiny only we can fill.

Cana/Liana - I love your hair cut! Wish I could have gone to that when my hair was longer instead of my short cut. I like my short cut but really wanted something sorta in between for a while. Trouble is unless it is pretty short it curls and doesn't want to be straight, but I love that look.. You look very cute with it and kinda familiar...like you make me think of someone I know locally but can't remember who... Thanks for posting your pics.

Cajun - Liana posted some good ones. For snacks I tend to go with milk, greek yogurt or cheese mostly. When I have my mocha frappe for a snack I cut back to 1/2 of the milk per the #2 rule. If I have sliced turkey or bacon, I'll do that and again cut back to 1/2 a serv. unfortunately I'm not much of a turkey eater. It's a healthier way to go though. But mostly I just go with whatever I have on hand. Sometimes egg. Are you trying to follow 1-1-1? if you are be sure to balance with carb and fat. If I make an egg sandwich for a snack, I just use one slice of bread and mayo is my fat for instance.

Wannabe - We often don't get summer til at least mid-July. Spring really varies here but often it is rainy. I've wondered about how it will be this year with the strange winter. We were blessed with quite a lot of sunshine and dry weather but it has been interspersed with very cold days and rain. Seems like you just don't know what to expect this year.

Well, I need to get onto other things. You all have a great day!

ETA: I was going to change my pic since I cut my hair but haven't been able to get it to work.
ETA: Ok there it is finally!

Last edited by maryea; 03-19-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:36 PM   #174  

Hi everyone. its a beautiful sunny day here in Alaska and I got to sit on my deck and had a cup amongst the snow piles.and my dogs running all over the deck. very nice but spring is not here yet. dh steve is busy working on the craft room,he lets me help some by handing him tools etc fun to be together tho,and I must say he is feeling so much better after his surg and I think the sunshine and a project are good for him.

Lynn hope your classes go well,what are you teaching? Liana I love your hair cut very stylish. I do my own and right now I just gave myself a perm and its a bit curly. I feel like fifi the poodle. Lucinda I really like your choice in clothes,wish I was more adventuresome in my wardrobe. the grkids call mine grmas uniform,sweats and homemade flannel smock like shirts or a t shirt. I go for comfort. Maryea I don't have a kindle but have seen the adds for the paper white one. wonder if I would like one ? Kfl hope your therapys going well and not to painful. caddy k hope you get some answers for Tim today.praying for you. Jess miss you too. Bobby can hardly wait to organize my craft room. glynn love your quilt/wallhanging esp the colors.cajun you are a very busy lady, hello to any one I missed,i feel badly if I did, ((((hugs)))ttfn rosey
Old 03-19-2014, 06:08 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Rosey,

I am teaching Professional Communication this time.

Lynn
Old 03-19-2014, 09:48 PM   #176  
Want to feel better

Good evening GG's,

Eating was not so good today, but it was a beautiful day weather wise. We (DH, Maddie and I) rode our bikes to the park. Maddie and another little girl played together. DH and I had a nice visit. Thankful for such nice days.

Mary ~ I like your new avatar pic ~ pretty hair, and it all goes so nicely with the color of your outfit.

I've been working on ~ what started out to be ~ one of those photo memory quilts ~ for my mom. My sister suggested maybe it would be better for it to be a wall hanging, so that it wouldn't get washed and washed and eventually worn out. I had laid the squares out on my bed to sort of get a preview. I decided it was too big for a wall hanging, so I came up with another version/arrangement of the photo squares, that should work better for that purpose. I was gonna have a heart shape in the middle square, but didn't know how I was gonna be able to do what I wanted to do with an odd shaped piece, so I found something else I ended up liking even better.

Donna wondered if my mom (who has dementia) would know who the people were in the pictures, and wondered if there was a way to put the names on with the pictures. So, I have figured out a way to do that.

Here are pics. #1 ~ the photo squares as a quilt. #2 ~ the photo squares as a wall hanging. #3 ~ the thing I found for the middle square
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quilt top.jpg (42.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg photo squares as a wall hanging.jpg (57.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg words for middle square.jpg (17.0 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by glynne; 03-19-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:49 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning from a sunny Louisiana. I feel awesome this morning. Sun is shining. It's warming up. Tomorrow is Friday!!!!!! I'm making a list of things to bring on our weekend getaway. I'm doing a few things for our anniversary to make it special. This morning I dug out our champagne glasses and cake knife from our wedding. Yikes the ribbons are yellow! I'm planning to bring those with us. Shhhh surprise for my dh. I packed our wedding album to reminisce. I ordered a small cake decorated with nothing but roses with small pearl beads. I told the lady I wanted just a small cake decorated like it would be our 1 st anniversary cake top. As y'all can tell I'm very excited. This afternoon when we get off work we are going to walmart to pick up a few things we need to bring with us. My t bones are marinating since yesterday. I'm planning to cook our supper for Friday night and heat in the microwave. We should be leaving here about 330. It's a 3 hour drive.
I'm just about done reading the 111 diet book and will give it a try starting Monday.

Gayle your quilt is awesome. That's something to be treasured. Passed down to future generations.

Rosey I'm enjoying the sun also. I'm glad your dh is feeling better after his surgery. How long do you think it will be before you can start crafting in your new room? Yes I am busy all the time. I can't stand lazy days at home with nothing to do. It drives me bananas when we are cooped up in the house due to bad weather.

Mary thank you for the tips. Yes I'm going to try the 111. The dinner with the birthday boy sounds lovely. I admire you being able to eat out and stay on your plan.

Liana I like your new haircut. Like myself you have a lot of hair. My hair is thick too. Liana I had to laugh with your tips on snacks. I understood the egg turkey and yogurt part but those other things I haven't a clue what those things are. Lol. Amazing how people eat different things in different parts of the world.

Lynn I hear the giggle in your words when you say your daughter is coming Friday. Enjoy you time with her!!!!

Carol sue it was good to hear from you. I know you're ready for spring. Your neck of the woods had a hard terrible winter. We had ice sleet frozen roads 5 times here in south Louisiana. Very rare for us. It basically shut down everything. Us Cajuns have no idea how to handle icy roads.

Hi Bobbi.

K31 how is your dh doing?

K3 how are you doing since your surgery. Therapy going ok?

About out of time.
Hi to all I missed.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 03-20-2014, 01:15 PM   #178  
Want to feel better

Lucinda ~ your picture with the beautiful smile is gone today? What happened? I wondered if it was put in as part of your signature thing ~ because I noticed ~ when I had gone back looking for the link to the birthday thread ~ that the picture you posted was on every post you had made. I don't know how to get pictures in the signature thing. K31 had helped us with a web site that resizes pictures that we want to put on here. Like my quilt pictures ~ when I first tried, it wouldn't take them, so I went to the web site she told us about (www.shrinkpictures.com) and it made my quilt pictures be a size then that this would accept so I could share them here. It is real easy to do. Hope this helps.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Good afternoon, everyone! Spring is here, if only on the calendar. Warmer weather can't be far behind.

I started back with my exercising this week so I decided to switch back to my old exercise Avatar to remind me. I am still the same Carol Sue!

Maryea, I like your new picture! Very nice.

I would also like to get a Paper White Kindle and the price is right. I have an old Pandigital E-reader but the battery doesn't last but 4 hours or so and it was a pain to keep charging it. So I got a Nook, and I like it, but a lot of free books are only available in Kindle format so I want a Kindle for that. I heard that you can download the Kindle app, but I don't think I could download it onto a Nook. Somehow that sounds like a conflict of interest! LOL

Lianna Thank you for sharing the before and after pics. I like your new haircut. I also have thick hair and it's very wild and bushy right now. I'm waiting until right before Easter to get it cut, if I can hold out that long.

Gayle, your quilt is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Cajun - Yes, we had a bad winter. We had snow often, but not any big snowfalls. It was mainly the freezing cold weather that was bad. Maybe that means we will not get the really hot weather during the summer. I guess it's bad in the southern states when they get ice and snow that they aren't used to or prepared for.

My soaps aren't on today because of basketball. Bummer. Love my soaps.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:29 PM   #180  

Height: 5'3"

Hello golden ones! Hope you're having a good day! Today is overcast but don't know the temp. Last night was one of those nights and I didn't get to sleep til past 4 am. So sleepy but can't sleep. Took Benedryl about 2 am but didnt work. Got up and online for a while then tried again to sleep..finally got to sleep but woke up before dh left for gym and then back to sleep after he left. So I'm getting a late start to do and much I want to do. Yesterday I got my nails done and then we went to eat with our son at a Thai restaurant. I'm not crazy about Thai food but it was ok. I ate at least 1/3 of my entree (chicken and veggies) and 1 spring roll. I got off plan a little because I also ate a small amount of rice, but overall didn't do badly. This eating plan can be adhered to pretty easily anywhere you go. Where I have continued to struggle has been in the evenings. Once I let go and eat I tend to overeat and I suspect that affects my sleep. I really would like to get back to not eating at ll in the evenings. My weigh is stable but I am once again 2# above my sig weight. At least my bs are still much better.

I wore my new skirt I got at Burlington's last night. Really like it...it is a soft knit..not heavy but it is warm. Occasionally I like to wear long skirts instead of jeans. Because of my large belly I do not wear panty hose or tights so do not like to wear shorter skirts until it is warmer.

Wannabe - Thanks. I am more comfortable with short hair that's for sure. And it makes my hair appear fuller on top where it has thinned out. And even before I got it cut it had stopped falling out so much so I'm thankful. I was really worried I was going bald! I am using the Fall Fight conditioner..perhaps it has helped. Yeah, I'm really tempted to get the White Paper Kindle, but I think I'll probably wait a while.

Cajun - Wow, you are really making this anniversary special! How many years? Glad you are reading the 1-1-1 book. As she says its more like a strategy for eating rather than a diet and can easily been applied anywhere you eat. Where I mess up is eating in the evenings even when I'm really not hungry.

Glynne- The quilt will be so nice. It's a great idea.

Rosey - Glad you're having a pleasant 1-1 time with your dh as he creates your craft room. Sometimes those moments are the very best and most memorable. One of my son's always tells me one of his favorite times with me was when he helped me organize my coupons/refunds box. I never realized what an impact that was making on him at the time.

Last edited by maryea; 03-20-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Closed Thread