Old 03-26-2014, 10:02 AM   #241  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Way to go Lucinda
Old 03-26-2014, 11:45 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. Yesterday I went grocery shopping and bought things I could pre measure and put into lil baggies. I'm thinking this will help a lot. I just spend 2 hours weighing or counting things to go in their bags. That should hold me over for awhile. Now if I can get my behind in gear and exercise all would be right.

Mary or Tam I know nuts are a fat but can they also be used as a protein? Seems like I read it but can't find to be sure.

Be back later.
Hugs cajun
Old 03-26-2014, 12:15 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Did everyone get their e-book credit from Amazon?

http://guardianlv.com/2014/03/amazon...ccount-credit/
Old 03-26-2014, 03:19 PM   #244  

Height: 5'3"

good morning everyone! Dh didn't sleep well last night so we didn't go to the gym this morning. It is overcast and cool here today and dh now has a fire going. I am about to go grocery shopping. Yesterday went well with my eating and my weight is dropping down again. I am still hoping to get to be consistent so my weight will go down and not up and down though.

Yesterday I cleaned the carpet in my office, but didn't get much else done in here. In the late afternoon we went to our son's for a short visit as we had to exchange vehicles as we use each others at times.

Wannabee - Yes I got $8.25 credit with Amazon...used it to buy more books! No, really I'm not so good at sticking with a program. The first thing I tend to think of is how I can manipulate the rules to better suit me! LOL But this 1-1-1 is easy because from Home Ec class long ago I learned to plan meals and to think in terms of...whats my protein, my carb and my fat.
That has stayed with me and so it's easy to think that way now. But I do go against rule#3 not eating in the evenings. So far I am being careful though so I think I can get away with that for a while. I'm on Metformin too but I haven't had any problems. I know a lot of people have tummy issues. If I do I have blamed it on something else.

cajun - Nuts are listed in the 1-1-1 book as fat but yes they can be used as protein, if you are using another food for fat. In the accelerated version they would definitely be both in a meal I think, although I don't believe she says that in the book. The accelerated version is very restrictive.

For foods that are a mix like cake...you know it's a carb for sure...all that sugar and flour, and if you put much milk in it, it is probably a protein, and if it contains much fat, it's a fat. So all you could have is one serving. See the book for the amount that is. I almost never eat cake, but I'm guessing a small slice. For ice cream cone like I eat...first I get a child-size dip so it's almost 1/2 of a regular serv (may be cheating a bit!)...ice cream should contain milk so that's protein, sugar and the cone are carb and I get chocolate in it plus usually pb so that's fat. I try to not eat quite the whole cake cone. I'm being very flexible about this but that's why I like this diet...you can be. But that's my snack. Most desserts will have to be your whole meal or snack as they usually contain all the 1-1-1 requirements. So to be healthy, don't eat them very often! Also the nutrition label can help...if it's highest in carb, it's primarily carb, but if the fat is also high, it's also a fat or the protein is also high it is also a protein. For desserts often it's all pretty high. But at home, like when I make my mochas...the mocha mix has 26 g carb so that's my carb, I add 1/2 c milk, that's my protein, I add 1 T pb so that's my fat. Give it time, read the book over and over, you'll get the idea. Also her FB page has questions and answers.

Lucinda - GFY for not giving in to the temptation of an emotionally driven binge! I have done that many times. So much better to do something constructive.

Bobbi - Glad you got in on that Kindle deal!! Let us know how you like your White Paper. Congrats on the win! I love those concerts but only have watched on DVDs. When I used to visit my brother he had a bunch of those and watched them over and over.

Last edited by maryea; 03-26-2014 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #245  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Does anyone belong to the Amazon Prime? It's $99.00 membership that only last a year. I don't and wondered it it was worth it. You can buy stuff cheaper with prime and also can get many more books free. Please let me know if anyone uses it or knows someone that does. I wouldn't mind paying a one time $99.00 but not every year.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:54 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hey all...yup got my credit from Amazon. Bobbi I have had Prime for a couple of years and use it constantly. Between stuff I order, dvds I watch on pc and faster service it more than pays for itself. I actually even get stuff for friends and save their shipping costs. I have the original Kindle that I told the kids not to get me and would order a new one a second after this one dies. It has been with me thru cardio/ortho/more ortho surgeries. Having a good book helped past the hours. I got DH the cheapest plain one and he likes it because it even lighter weight than mine. Let me know if the "white" sucks up battery juice.

Played bridge again today. Waiting for the scores to be posted.

Had a weird experience yesterday with new PT. I have been faithfully doing more than therapists ask me to do since day one. This new guy yesterday told me that regards of what I've been doing on day one of the 6 weeks post op within an hour I was suffer the worse pain I have had. It will last about a week and will repeat again at 12 weeks. Wow nothing let hitting me in the face! I was so upset that I did not complete his therapy treatment. I will have an appointment Monday and it will be exactly 6 weeks and I'll spit in his eye OR ELSE....even if it kills me. k3

ps good book!! "The Physician" by Noah Gordon

Last edited by Karen3; 03-26-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:00 PM   #247  

Height: 5'3"

Bobbi - the price has recently gone up on Prime. I've had it a couple years and have paid $79/yr and it has definitely been worth it for me. I borrow kindle books free, get free shipping and better prices on much of my shopping and I buy frequently from amazon. Guess it depends on how often you shop there and whether you buy the Prime products. Not all my hard copy books qualify since I buy many second hand, but I don't buy as many of them any more because I have so many and also because of reading on my kindle and iPad. Even I don't like the cost increase, I will probably renew it.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:04 PM   #248  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Bobbi - don't quote me on this, but I THINK is read something that new buyers can still get the $79 Prime price (I'd call them up and ask for it!). One other benefit is that you can borrow any one of their 10,000 titles to your Kindle, and I like that! I've probably used my $79 price (soon to be $99) on shipping alone! I do dearly love their Customer Service staff, so ask away! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!!

Nothing to report, and I'm just passing by.... adios for the moment!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:36 AM   #249  
Bobbi

Thanks K3, Mary and Donna on the Amazon Prime question. I think I'll join but will call for the $79.00 price.

I'm so excited, tonight the Gaither concert in Minneapolis, it's suppose to rain all day but better than snow.

Ta Ta

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-27-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #250  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning. Cloudy and rain in the forecast thru Saturday morning. Just when it starts to dry up it rains again. The spring grass is horrible. But it's too wet to cut. Ds's homeowners insurance doubled upon renewal. The insurance company found him a cheaper insurance and they need a picture of front and back of house. It's going to look lovely with knee deep spring grass. There's not much we can do about it.
I'm on day 3 of the one one one diet and so far I'm loving it. I can have a variety of foods. It fits with my lifestyle. I'm sure hoping I can lose on it. I have doubts because it looks like I'm always eating.

Be back later
Hugs
Cajun
Old 03-27-2014, 10:51 AM   #251  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Does anyone here make their own laundry soap? I heard about it on another forum and decided to try it. The one I made is easy...just water, Borax, Washing Soda and original Dawn dishwashing liquid. I used it twice, but I can't tell if it's cleaning good because my clothes don't get really dirty. I still pretreat stains.

The other recipe, you use a bar of Fels Naptha soap, shred it (in a food processor or a box grater?), and heat the water and melt the soap pieces in it, then add the Borox and Washing Soda. I will try that one after I've used up the one with the Dawn liquid.

I just wondered if anyone else has had any experience with this.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #252  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

1/3 way through my class. Just finished all Week 1 assignments.

Food diary for today -

Breakfast - Nugo Protein bar

Snack - orange

Lynn
Old 03-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #253  
Bobbi

Carol Sue...I've been making my own laundry soap for years. I've tried a few different recipes, the last one I like best. It makes a creamy soap, you only use 1 Tablespoon for a whole load. I'll see if I can find that recipe. Be back later.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-27-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:54 PM   #254  
Bobbi

If you decide to make this, go to budget101.com and look at the pictures that go with this recipe. Just click under the do it yourself button and check it out. My clothes get really clean with this soap and I always pour white vinegar in the washing machine where the fabric softener normally goes. White vinegar strips all remaining soap suds out of clothes and doesn't smell vinegary after dry.

Quote:
2 (1 qt) Mason Jars
1 Entire bar of Fels Naptha Soap 5.05 oz
3 cups water
1 cup 20 Mule Team Borax Powder
1 cup Arm & Hammer Washing Soda (not baking soda)

How to Make Super Laundry Sauce for Dummies Detergent: Method #1
Unwrap the Fels Naptha soap and cut the bar in half. Take (1) half of the bar and slice it, cutting it into pea sized chunks. Place all of those chunks into a 1 qt mason Jar. Cut up the other half and place those pieces in the second mason jar.
The next day (or several days down the road, depending on your schedule!), open the jar, use a butterknife to make a "criss-cross" pattern to loosen the gelled fels naptha off the bottom when you whip it. Add 1/2 cup borax and 1/2 cup washing soda to each jar.
Add Enough Hot water to bring the level up to the "shoulder" of the Jar
Place the jar on the blender base and Whip until it is light and fluffy with the consistency of Creamy Mayonnaise.

How to Make Super Laundry Sauce for Dummies Detergent: Method #2
This was my "speed" method the first time around . . .
Unwrap the bar of Fels Naptha soap and cut it into chunks. Place those chunks in a Ziploc baggie and add 2 cups of water. It doesn't have to be hot or cold, just your basic plain old tap water will do fine. Remove as much of the air as possible from the bag and seal it shut. (This takes all of 30 seconds).
Set is aside for 48 hours.
Once the fels naptha has set for 48 hours (or more- it's fine if you forget it for a few days) Gently palpate the bag -squeezing any lumps to squish them. You want the contents of the baggie to be uniform without big chunks. (This takes about 20 seconds)
In a Medium size bowl combine borax and washing soda powder. Add 2 cups of boiling water and stir well to combine. We simply heated the water in the microwave in a pyrex measuring cup for 2 minutes.
Snip the corner of the baggie off and squeeze the fels naptha into the mixing bowl containing the dissolved borax/washing soda. Mix well with a spoon or spatula or a whisk- whatever you happen to have on hand will work just fine. (this takes about a minute)
Pour the mixture evenly into 2 ( One Quart) mason jars. Add enough water to bring the contents of each jar up to the "shoulder" of the jar, so that it looks like this:
Put the jar onto the blender and whip until smooth and creamy throughout. Ours took about 25 seconds per jar.

The detergent is Smooth and creamy with the same Look and consistency of Mayonnaise.

Unscrew the blender blade, attach a canning jar lid and cover and that's all there is to it! You've just made enough Heavy Duty Laundry Detergent to wash 128 Loads of Laundry for about $1.76 and in less than 10 minutes flat.

By the way, it is smooth and creamy like mayonnaise after it is freshly whipped, but will thicken as it sets and must be stored with a cover on. A repurposed parmesan cheese lid works perfectly. (Thank you to Southern Belle for this great tip!)

How to Use the Homemade Super Laundry Sauce for Dummies:
(View FAQ here)
To use, add 1 Tablespoon to a load of laundry in any type of machine, conventional, Front Loader, High Capacity & High Efficiency (HE), etc. Do not add the detergent to the "detergent compartment" but instead directly with the dirty clothes. (It WILL get stuck in the compartment, I can assure you!)

Be sure to label the jar to prevent accidental ingestion!!
We have created these cute labels here if you'd like to Print them out to attach to your own Jars.
Here is EXACTLY how I use our detergent:
Fill the machine with dirty clothes
start the water, (hot- Cold- or warm- doesn't matter)
Measure out 1 Tablespoon (literally) of super laundry sauce
stick the measuring spoon of detergent under the running water, let it fall off the spoon.
Close the washer lid, go away and do something else while the machine runs.

Free Printable Laundry Sauce Labels
Tips and Tricks, Troubleshooting & Other Thoughts and experiences:
Do NOT Use Baking Soda or Oxyclean in this recipe hoping it will be an added "Boost". Your jars will likely explode within 7-10 days in storage
This can be stored indefinitely. It does become slightly firmer but still melts fine in the washing machine water, both hot or cold. Be sure to store it with a lid on though, once it dries out, it's effectiveness is greatly reduced. Again, repurpose the lid from a container of parmesan cheese and you'll be good to go!
Fels Naptha Can usually be found in the Laundry Detergent Isle of the Grocery Store for about $1 a bar, or it can be found online here.

Budget101 Budget Breakdown:
Fels Naptha .99 bar Borax 76 oz box = 9.5 cups $3.29 box = .34 c per cup Washing Soda 55 oz box =6.875 cups - $2.97 box = .43 per cup -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Expense for 128 loads of Laundry = $1.76
We're really hoping that you find these 2 different "speed" methods to be easier and less time consuming for you!
Old 03-27-2014, 02:20 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Carol Sue...I've been making my own laundry soap for years. I've tried a few different recipes, the last one I like best. It makes a creamy soap, you only use 1 Tablespoon for a whole load. I'll see if I can find that recipe. Be back later.
Saw your recipe... interesting! Does it work well for very mineralized water - I have a huge amount of lime in mine and a bit of iron too. We are on well water and have a septic tank. Will it work ok for the septic (I add a pkt of bacterial septic helper a few times a year and we get it pumped every few years just to keep it healthy.)

Liana
Closed Thread